It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If ATS Didn't exist....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Reply to post by andy1033

"One man's trash is another man's treasure."

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Btw... pouring Chemicals on Ants and letting them bite me only led to constant Strep Infections...

Just so you all know... I never could carry an automobile in My mouth to this day...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Interesting - same here. After reading so and so much of this you kind of see through a large part of it.

I WAS considering adding to that post that "conspiracy" is a woefully inadequate term for reality.

The machinations of men or aliens for that matter now seem so pitiful-- wasted effort.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Reply to post by AccessDenied

But, to answer, I would not be as sure of my outside the norm theories without a platform to discuss them. But I am pretty sure I'd still have them.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

I WAS considering adding to that post that "conspiracy" is a woefully inadequate term for reality.

It should be "hidden reality theory" or "unseen reality theory" since conspiracy-theory automatically implies that everything unseen is somehow evil.

Wouldnt that be a thread topic!

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

It should be "hidden reality theory" or "unseen reality theory" since conspiracy-theory automatically implies that everything unseen is somehow evil.

Since anything hidden is occulted and anything occult is Satanic, naturally it follows that hidden things are of the Devil.

Seeing things that are unseen is mentally unsound. No scientific proof exists nor has been obtained and therefore anyone that thinks these things exist is simply delusional.

Ok, maybe that's a little too flippantly categorical on my part but I jest.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The internet is the leading tool in what I call this 'age of information' that we currently live in. It's a tool that if used wisely, opens up the door to many of the secrets that have been kept away from the public throughout history. It helps to fill in the details in our search for truth.

If it wasn't for the internet, many...but not all, would never have opened their mind to think outside the proverbial mainstream 'box'

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I hope the OP is broad enough for this to be on-topic (Mods, feel free to discipline me if otherwise opined).

reply to post by EnlightenUp

Not jesty at all, not at all. The original conspiracy-theory is in the book of Revelations claiming that the Gods of darkness pose as the Gods of light.

Now if that isnt enough to make you paranoid for life I dont know what is.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Since anything hidden is occulted and anything occult is Satanic, naturally it follows that hidden things are of the Devil.

Seeing things that are unseen is mentally unsound. No scientific proof exists nor has been obtained and therefore anyone that thinks these things exist is simply delusional.

You've taken a huge leap, in calling anything that's hidden as 'occulted'. This is simply not true.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

The book of revalation was more of a confirmation to me about what I allready thought. In that sense it made me less paranoid

the conspiracies that I encountered were in the egyptian culture in the papyrus of Ani, better known as the egyptian book of the death. Another that I thought was striking is about a god called Mithras in the Persian culture, what could be the reason why, just let me say new societies want to remove a God out of basic knowledge?

and many many more...

to put on topic, without ATS, before and after, if I exist, I would willing and unwilling encounter conspiracies

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I hope the OP is broad enough for this to be on-topic (Mods, feel free to discipline me if otherwise opined).

No worry, I'll save you.

Not jesty at all, not at all. The original conspiracy-theory is in the book of Revelations claiming that the Gods of darkness pose as the Gods of light.

Lately I had been wondering if the Whore of Babylon was in fact an allegory in the search for Truth while on the enlightenment path where one accepts many things that can lead one astray-- looking to numerous religions, metaphysical texts, philosophies, etc. instead of within. I suppose conspiracies may fit within this group.

Then again, my eschatological scholarship isn't exactly top-notch. I just see patterns.

[edit on 12/15/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
and I have to agree with shasta9600
sorry one line

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by shasta9600

You've taken a huge leap, in calling anything that's hidden as 'occulted'. This is simply not true.

occult

: to shut off from view or exposure

Seems it's fair for me to say so. In other words, it's not really much of a leap.

For the rest I was emphasizing it in a sort of syllogistic fallacy.

I sense some internal tension.

[edit on 12/15/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

in the retrospect you give you are right, I agree, I read it different;

noun (the occult) supernatural beliefs, practices, or phenomena.
(source oxford dictionairy)

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

If ATS did not exist, of course I would still believe in conspiracies.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/58d1720b8b75.jpg[/atsimg]

I've believed in conspiracies long before ATS was a twinkle in Bill's eye, since I was a boy of six years old, and I will still believe in conspiracies long after ATS is gone due to Government censorship and the loss of Freedom of Speech here in America.

A cabal,

Quote from : Wikipedia : Cabal

A cabal is a number of people together in some close design, usually to promote their private views and interests in a church, state, or other community, often by intrigue.

Cabals are sometimes secret societies composed of a few designing persons, and at other times are manifestations of emergent behavior in society or governance on the part of a community of persons who have well established public affiliation or kinship.

The term can also be used to refer to the designs of such persons or to the practical consequences of their emergent behavior, and also holds a general meaning of intrigue and conspiracy.

Its usage carries strong connotations of shadowy corners, back rooms and insidious influence; a cabal is more evil and selective than, say, a faction, which is simply selfish; because of this negative connotation, few organizations use the term to refer to themselves or their internal subdivisions. Amongst the exceptions is Discordianism, in which the term is used to refer to an identifiable group within the Discordian religion

a civil conspiracy,

Quote from : Wikipedia : Civil Conspiracy

A civil conspiracy or collusion is an agreement between two or more parties to deprive a third party of legal rights or deceive a third party to obtain an illegal objective.

A conspiracy may also refer to a group of people who make an agreement to form a partnership in which each member becomes the agent or partner of every other member and engage in planning or agreeing to commit some act.

It is not necessary that the conspirators be involved in all stages of planning or be aware of all details.

Any voluntary agreement and some overt act by one conspirator in furtherance of the plan are the main elements necessary to prove a conspiracy.

A conspiracy may exist whether legal means are used to accomplish illegal results, or illegal means used to accomplish something legal.

"Even when no crime is involved, a civil action for conspiracy may be brought by the persons who were damaged."

In the law of tort, the legal elements necessary to establish a civil conspiracy are substantially the same as for establishing a criminal conspiracy, i.e. there is an agreement between two or more natural persons to break the law at some time in the future or to achieve a lawful aim by unlawful means.

The criminal law often requires one of the conspirators to take an overt step to accomplish the illegal act to demonstrate the reality of their intention to break the law, whereas in a civil conspiracy, an overt act towards accomplishing the wrongful goal may not be required.

Etymologically, the term comes from Latin con- "with, together", and spirare "to breathe".

a criminal conspiracy,

Quote from : Wikipedia : Criminal Conspiracy

In the criminal law, a conspiracy is an agreement between two or more persons to break the law at some time in the future, and, in some cases, with at least one overt act in furtherance of that agreement.

There is no limit on the number participating in the conspiracy and, in most countries, no requirement that any steps have been taken to put the plan into effect (compare attempts which require proximity to the full offense).

For the purposes of concurrence, the actus reus is a continuing one and parties may join the plot later and incur joint liability and conspiracy can be charged where the co-conspirators have been acquitted or cannot be traced.

Finally, repentance by one or more parties does not affect liability but may reduce their sentence.

Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky : Sideshow to Cover-Up Whitewater
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09280f510c46.jpg[/atsimg]

or a political conspiracy

The Holocaust : Hitler's Conspiracy to Eradicate the Jews
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e9747d4f6f34.gif[/atsimg]

Quote from : Wikipedia : Political Conspiracy

In a political sense, conspiracy refers to a group of persons united in the goal of usurping or overthrowing an established political power.

Typically, the final goal is to gain power through a revolutionary coup d'état or through assassination.

A conspiracy is to be contrasted with a cabal.

The two are similar but have quite different connotations; in contrast to a cabal, a conspiracy usually looks to overthrow a fixed power instead of usurping it from within.

Swine Flu
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/149ea0584a14.png[/atsimg]

...however, is nothing without friends to assist you in digging it up, finding out facts, have disinformation agents try to stop you, or new developments to share them with than with people like here on ATS.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I remember when I was in the 6th grade and we were learning about the solar system. In our science book there was a picture of the Face on Mars. Looking back on it, it seems unusual for that picture to be there. But that was where my UFO/ET interest was born. And I stared at the picture literally for hours that night. I couldn't get it out of my head. The next day, I went in and asked our teacher, who was very adamant that was no life elsewhere in the universe, if it were possible that there was life on other planets only somewhere far away "like Pluto or the next planet."

"No, too cold," she said.

The way she said it really ticked me off. It was so quick and dismissive. She didn't even consider it. I was wrong, she was right. And that really, really annoyed me.

Now, of course, I'm aware of the Planet X/Nibiru theories. I'm aware of the entire Cydonia region on Mars, not just the Face. Nearly everything I've learned about the nature of life, astronomy, UFO/ET theories, etc., has shown her to be a close-minded fool.

So yes, ATS or no ATS, I would still be the awesome conspiracy theorist that I am. I love ATS, but that's not what motivates me. Knowledge, truth and understanding are my motivation.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
After I read "Doors of Perception" by A. Huxley, my association with Ram Das, Ken Kesey and Ed Abby prompted me to embark on my own exploration into contemporary shamanism.

I was aware that things and events were almost never what was presented on the surface; long before there was an ATS.

and H. S. Thompson injected the humor in the world of high strangness.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I would still believe in these conspiracies. Before coming here and reading non-stop for.. I don't know how long (and finally making an account and contributing!) I came into contact with people who told me first-hand accounts of events that lead to the conclusions many are making here. Most of everything I've read so far hasn't surprised me. In fact, most of it isn't new to me at all. I love it here, it's great to know people are waking up.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
If there were no AboveTopSecret..or any other conspiracy website,
WOULD YOU STILL BELIEVE IN CONSPIRACIES?
Most of us found this site while searching for information. Most of us felt like something was wrong with the world, but we weren't sure quite what. Many of us tried to talk to friends and family about it, and were looked at like we were crazy...
So we searched, for info, and for those like us.
But if ATS didn't exist..or any other place to find that which we seek,
WOULD YOU STILL FEEL THE SAME?
WOULD YOU STILL BELIEVE IN ALIENS?
BELIEVE 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB?
OR-
Would you follow along with the majority of society that shy away from those of us on the fringe?
Would you dare discuss your theories with others? Or fear being labeled a nutter?
If you had no place like here to come to, WOULD YOU STILL BE A CONSPIRACY THEORIST????
Or does ATS FUEL the fire that is the world of conspiracy theory? With no ATS..would conspiracy theory exist at all?????

Yes, however to correct one point, we are only "The Fringe" element if we happen to become militant or threatening to anyone or any entity for which we shall not ever do as that is so contradictory to the agenda and manifest of this movement as a whole. We are to remain peaceful, non violent always without either fail or exception. Diplomacy by open dialouge, open communication shall forever be.

Humanity will find some way to maintain the flow of information to those who seek it. You can set your watch by it.

I also do not want or wish to see any assassin threat to not hail from our ranks.

I love this site, the people here seem cool even though only been here since Sumner 09.

Always remember going forth, those that have the knowledge forever have the power and outwit, outlast, outmanuever and outthink your opponent shall forever ensure victory.

I pray that we make sure the next 100 years will be more prosperous then the previous 100.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

looking to numerous religions, metaphysical texts, philosophies, etc. instead of within. I suppose conspiracies may fit within this group.

You`re really picking up the essentials of the essentials today, arent you.

Originally posted by Dumbass
Another that I thought was striking is about a god called Mithras in the Persian culture, what could be the reason why, just let me say new societies want to remove a God out of basic knowledge?

It would seem so, Dumbass!

(If I discuss this with you guys here we`d go WAY off topic)

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Skyfloating]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join