It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steorn Announces Public Demonstration of Orbo Technology

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Here is a good reason they have to deceive and promote this.

www.steorn.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The human kind is so primative. I expected to see so many negative comments before finishing the article. Scientists are not going to let you prove their University degrees wrong without a fight. I am willing to bet the machine works. This is not the first time a company has developed technology like this. If anyone is aware of "blowback" It is a term used to describe how the general population is last to find out about any new and relevant information. Yes, the technology exists and - yes, this world is run by Major Corporations so - yes, until we can't refine any more oil don't expect North America to start using compression energy (used in India), 0 point energy, etc. You live in a man's world, and he paid for it.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Good grief. All it takes is two to three shills and all the zombies start parroting them verbatim. Is a little repetition all it takes for some of you lads? Everywhere I #ing go it's the same, the minority herding the majority.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
what's so to grasp?

It uses magnets to spin a device to create electricity, that is then stored in a battery.

Although on the surface it sounds great. I think back the the guy a year or so ago who had a contraption 5 times that size, charging 20 something car batteries, just to light a dozen or so light bulbs.

Sorry but as it stands the Magnets and Electric engine (Turbine) would have to be too big, the battery would need to be pretty big also if you wanted to power something like a car. The unit and battery would most likely be bigger than the car.

I mean the demonstration unit is pretty large considering it's only charging a C or D sized battery. Plus they're counting the raidiant heat as 1/3 of thier power produced also. Many times you don't wantheat, and it becomes a problem that you need a seperate system to cool.

Until they can get the scale correct, to something more manageble, where I don't need to carry something as big and heavy as a car Battery, just to power a simple walkman. It's useless.

Maybe they need to try and make those little generator decives either REALLY BIG, and make a golfcourse size land area devoted to hundreds of them each the size of the Great Pyramid. Then let the entire town run off enormous batteries and generators the size of buses.

Or

Make them REALLY small, nano tech size. I don't know which would be better.

But with the demonstration they're showing now, the scale is no good, and radiant heat counting as energy? I gotta run a fan to cool my computer. Again heat is usually bad and needs more energy to cool it. So it shouldn't be counted as 1/3 of this things output, unless it's only gonna be used where you'd want heat as a byproduct. I guess you could develope small steam engines off the heat produced?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
i highly doubt they got the magic device but there's always hope. energy is never "free" BUT you can think of a heat pump. it's not generating heat, it's MOVING heat and thus can have a much higher efficiency than 100% of energy that was put into the device. your AC and fridge are everyday examples of this technology that have been around for some time already. now if we could only find a way to apply this kind of "energy pump" to something more useful that can harvest some existing energy source and transform it into electricity... the possibilities are endless. or are they?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Ahhhhh, another wise ATSer who knows how to use good judgment by reserving it until it is fully warranted.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiftTrio

Oh, that's silly... if they don't deliver the goods there will be a lot of lawsuits and people going to jail. Please try to think harder... it's painful seeing all this cynical rubbish trying to pass itself as wisdom.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This is the deal, Steorn just made a really pretty version of a perpetual motor. The motor isn't useful because most of the energy it produces is used up to recharge the battery.

Now this is the thing there is a lot that we yet don't know. There is all kinds of stuff going on around us that we have no clue about. We don't even have a complete chart of particles yet, that is why the countries of the world spent untold billions to build the LHC. In order to find that missing particle that will complete the chart, while also at the same time doubling possibly even tripling the chart.

With the finding of the Higgs then we can get around to finding out exactly what gravity is and how it is produced. Personally I believe it is the magnetic field that is produced when fusion occurs, but not magnetic in the way we know it. I doubt there will ever be "free energy" or even over-unity motors. Even stars burn out, it might take a few billion years, but it happens.

Ultimately the goal would be to produce energy a energy source that is small enough that will run for decades without having to be replaced or refueled. I believe this will happen when we can reliably produce cold fusion(people say that is BS that I will disagree with them on, for example the formation of stars) The way to harness this energy is to produce a device that can harness the heat that can also insulate at the same time. So you can have a million plus degree reaction going on while it stays cool to the touch.

The holy grail is what would be referred to a break-even production, which means a reaction that is self sustaining. Which would only happen in fusion at a significant degree of heat, because you are fusing the particle in on it self and when it implodes it produces more of the element which means it would run forever, the problem is if you tried to extract this energy, assuming we had a way to do so, it would cease to be a break-even reaction. But if we could harness the heat of the reaction then a reaction the size of D battery would be enough to power your home.

That is what ultimately we are looking for.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

I think you totally miss the point here. The battery is only there as reservoir and to start the process going. All these ZPE magnetic motors output more electricity than what is being used to power the magnets and turn the motor. These are electro-magnets, not permanent magnets. The battery stores the excess energy generated by the generator portion. The motor, which turns the generator, is powered by the electricity stored in the batteries, which is constantly being recharged by the generator, which is outputting more energy than what is used by the motor.

The battery does not have to be that big if it kept charged at all times, particularly if it has a quick-charge mechanism. So, essentially, the battery is really just a damper to balance the input/output differential.

What has been said here, and what is 100% correct, is that we need see what the net output is when the motor is on an external load.

link   
It would be absolutely life changing, on a global level, to see a science come forth that turns the law of the conversation of energy on it's head. Until it's proven, though, it's merely fantastic (of fantasy). I applaud people for dreaming, after all a goal is just a dream with a deadline. In the meantime my "free" energy will have to be the army of hamsters that run in their wheels to light my home.

It is a wonderful concept, and again, I applaud dreamers. However, I must yield to bona fide science.

I dream of the day that I am called a naysayer, and proven wrong for clinging to convention. Personal embarrassment is a small price to pay for progress for all.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Heros_son]

link   
this isn't anything new

Your guys heard of Professor Searl? in the 40's - 60's he invented a Magnet Motor which supplied unlimited power and was apparently anti gravity.
He had is home running from the device, after a few months of not paying for electricity the electrical company thought he was stealing power, they came out and couldn't work it out, later realising he had is own source of energy they came and stole the device, destroyed his research papers and he spent a small amount of time in prison.
He told his story few years ago and told his story and he now building another machine.
here is his site where you can keep tabs on his progress developing his new machine www.searlsolution.com...
and go to you tube and type Professor Searl and there is a lot of info, documentaries and his story you can watch

[edit on 15/12/2009 by wycky]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Okay, will somebody here actually take the time to either study ZPE, or read the link that I referenced in one of my posts above, and then talk about this technology from that perspective? Everyone here keeps going on and on about taking energy from nothing, or now about elusive Higgs particles, and nobody is addressing the fascinating and proved existence of the Zero-Point Energy field that permeates space.

SPACE IS NOT EMPTY FOLKS! Let me say it again, just so you get it... SPACE IS NOT EMPTY... it is filled with energy... LOTS of energy! Your belief that space is a vacuum has totally colored your thinking in all this, and if you just understood that there is proverbial OCEAN of energy floating all around you that is LIMITLESS and POWERFUL, you would see that this kind of thing is obvious to do... tap the energy from the air/space around us.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wycky

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Finally, somebody who knows what's been going on, and has payed attention to the suppressed truth behind the "official" science we get fed in school and by the media.

There have been many successful ZPE motors. The problem has always been getting enough people together who have the money required to introduce this kind of thing. I know that most countries can't introduce this kind of thing because the World Bank and IMF make recipient countries sign agreements where they agree NOT to introduce any disruptive technologies. Here is where the conspiracy exists... in the suppression of technologies that would otherwise make our lives MUCH better.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup
which is constantly being recharged by the generator, which is outputting more energy than what is used by the motor.

If that were true you do not need a battery, simply feed the output back into the input. Or use a capacitator if you want to smooth out the ripple

So, essentially, the battery is really just a damper to balance the input/output differential.

then why didnt they use a capacitator?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Heros_son

Bona fide science? Ha ha ha
Do you know the first step in the scientific method? Come on, do you? Let me give you a hint... it starts with a "P"...

POSTULATE - in other words, make a theory, in other words, DREAM!

Then, you perform experiments to either PROVE or DISPROVE your postulate.

Pretty simple really, but it is amazing how many people either want to SCORN the first step, or SKIP the second step.

Please people... encourage both the dream and the proof, for both are necessary for truth to be uncovered. Only in places like church do you find people that get together, week after week after week, only to hear, over and over, what they already believe, nodding their heads in approval that the world is exactly how they believed it to be.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Released 100 years later after the great Nikola Tesla found this in the early 1900's after all his documents were seized by the government. Now when will they admit that these UFO's are Tesla's ideas reincarnated. I wish we knew more about this guy and his work.....

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

There are plenty of power sources being suppressed.

even the simplest ones, such as dirt, about a year ago i made a "Dirt Battery" myself, i could only light an LED but still, i used dirt from my back yard! and im sure dirt is not a scares resource.
I have been told the same method works using Salt water and i'm pretty sure we can find some of that some where...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

The battery is used to get the thing running in the first place also.

We find the same thing with a comparable unit (though it looks to be further along in development/production) from this company:

Another over-unity motor from another company

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wycky
this isn't anything new

Your guys heard of Professor Searl? in the 40's - 60's he invented a Magnet Motor which supplied unlimited power and was apparently anti gravity.
He had is home running from the device, after a few months of not paying for electricity the electrical company thought he was stealing power, they came out and couldn't work it out,

Actually, that is not what happened at all. "Searl was convicted of stealing electricity by bypassing his electricity meter, and damaging the property of the electricity company"
also
"Sandberg, as reported through Heerfordt, found a son of Searl "who had seen disks being suspended from wires, so that they could be photographed, but who hadn't seen any demonstration of antigravity or free energy."
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

That is the thing, is that it isn't "zero-point" energy or "over unity" because there is a crap ton of energy already there to begin with, you are only siphoning off just a little bit for use.

The holy grail is break-even energy. Which is a true self sustaining reaction that won't ever stop because it feeds it self. It is theoretically sound as well as staying within the bounds of the law of conservation of energy. The reason why the Higgs is so important is because it will cement the base elements in particle physics as fact. The other thing about it is that it will lead to being able to produce energy in untold quantities.

I really wish you could put a little into something and get more out of it, but it just doesn't work. If it was the case there is no way any corporation of global elite could suppress the tech because it would be rediscovered time and time again.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join