It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steorn Announces Public Demonstration of Orbo Technology

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gareth01422

I agree with you some what, BUT where did tesla get his energy from. I think what I am trying to say is, if we can only transfere energy from one to another (which is what they teach you in physics, I know because I am doing a open univercity physics degree at the moment) but what about finding a new source of energy? in other words, we my not have found all the natural resources of energy.

Here is someone who uses their brain.

Yes, it is the capturing and conversion of a outside source of energy that a lot of these overunity devices work off. None of these inventors ever say their device is "creating" energy from nothing, which is impossible, well so far.
That seems to be a common misconception that people keep repeating like a broken record.

As Tesla said, "Transmit in order to receive".....But watch out, send out the right signal or stimulus, and you might just get what you are looking for on the receiving end..

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
As Tesla said, "Transmit in order to receive".....But watch out, send out the right signal or stimulus, and you might just get what you are looking for on the receiving end..

I havnt looked into to tesla's work and its something I would really like to spend some time on.

also, I watched the video about their device but I personally dont think it works. for one the generator magnets ar to far out from the center of the shaft, making more resistance for the motor, meaning it will need more current to make it turn.

And what the hell is a depth micrometer doing poking out the top of it? Dont tell me this is to make measurements while the unit is running.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Whilst a good idea it HAS been done before, there are lots and lots of sites all claiming to have 'free energy' devices of varying sorts and types.
'Steorn' do not have any videos or photos displaying their generators and therefore do not gauge my attention.
If there were truly onto something thats productive to Human life and to the environment I feel they would go out of their way to provide proof, and even to provide videos of their devices working.
But all I see from their website is printed words that even I can do.
I own the world but I won't show any signs of papers proving my ownership.
See?
No proof , no truth.

Yes they do have videos of Orbo i just watched one.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by broli

I sincerely doubt this will ever come out to the public en mass until there is some way to commercialize it, overcharge for it and bleed the public's wallets dry keeping the poor poorer and the rich richer.

Great idea though. I would love to be proven wrong.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This is what I think. We have yet to build a device that uses gravity as it's fuel source. Of course we don't know exactly what gravity is but we still haven't built something that uses it. Also if you were to build a devices that uses gravity as its fuel you would probably be laughed at.

What people also need to remember is that up until recently lots of people didn't think anti-matter existed, some scientist up in Harvard proved that wrong. Now I don't exactly believe in this Steorn claim. But what I do believe is that one day we will all power our homes with a simple box that sits in the garage in the corner that will produce all the power we need.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
This is what I think. We have yet to build a device that uses gravity as it's fuel source. Of course we don't know exactly what gravity is but we still haven't built something that uses it. Also if you were to build a devices that uses gravity as its fuel you would probably be laughed at.

What people also need to remember is that up until recently lots of people didn't think anti-matter existed, some scientist up in Harvard proved that wrong. Now I don't exactly believe in this Steorn claim. But what I do believe is that one day we will all power our homes with a simple box that sits in the garage in the corner that will produce all the power we need.

What is the source of energy in a hydro dam then? I thought it was gravity. also pressure.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Did anybody happen to catch how many amperes the Steorn machine is claimed to output? It better be a decent amount. The fact that it has a small battery makes me think it's milli or even micro amperes. What good is an over unity device that takes a house sized unit to light a light bulb? It may be over unity but that still does not make it practical.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gareth01422

Water, key word in hydro dam being "hydro".

Water moves down hill because of it's fluidity, which falls into the realm of fluid-dynamics.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Even if it works, development of this technology would take years.

It is facinating and I trully hope they will get it to work! however I have been skeptical of free energy devices for a while now.

It does take more than a couple of SFX guys disproving free energy devices with their mythbusters program, however they seemed to have disproven similar technologies.

ONE DAY we will produce free energy, it might be tomorrow or it might be years from now, but just like a previous poster said, people tried hard to fly for decades (if not centuries) before they finally produced something that could actually fly! it did take roughly 5~10 years before the wright brothers' prototype matured into something we could use.

the word 'Impossible' is a cop out, everything is possible, the technology to make it happen takes time.

Here is where my signature comes into play, I believe that the US government currently HAS free energy and if true then it certainly is possible, the white world scientist just have to catch up with them, they probably had it in the 1980's, we finally are catching up with their 1980's technology.

Anything is possible, nothing is impossible, proof me something that is completely impossible, I bet you can't!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by ThePeoplesSoldier

If its not working then how are they doing it right now on the live feed?

Doing what - have you even looked at the live feed?

How are they producing power and showing they are with a gauge?

What gauge? In which feed is the gauge shown in?

I mean if this goes main stream and they are lieing, then it would be the world against them...

Well, in 2006 they lied about it working...

now it is running on a battery! so we have a free energy machine that runs on a battery....

Please read my signature... yes, they had problems in 2006, and also the team of scientists got frustrated with the process that was put into place, but neither of these prove anything.

First of all, during 2006 they had technical problems. That happens a LOT with new technology. I worked for a big telecom company in San Diego, and this kind of thing can indeed happen. Also, remember that there are indeed very powerful forces out there that DO NOT WANT to see this kind of thing introduced. Especially now, with Copenhagen, etc., imagine how a technology like this will completely derail the vast money-making plans of the NWO with the new Carbon Economy.

Then, as far as the scientists are concerned, I would have been much more impressed with their "outcome" if there had actually been an outcome. The fact is, they produced nothing of a result, with no details of what was done, how it was done, etc. And, they quit before the job was done, so hopefully Steorn has learned from this, and they will do something better now, something that will lead to the truth.

This over-unity ZPE magnetic motor technology has been demonstrated many times, and I personally have seen it here in New Zealand. What was promising (and I think may still be) with Steorn is that they are taking steps to actually get the technology commercialized.

You must not forget that there are ACTIVE, super WEALTHY energy companies who would love to prevent Steorn from succeeding, and all they have to do it hire some clandestine "fixer" company to send operatives in who will do what it takes to make the demos and trials fail.

Steorn must not be foolish or ignorant of this aspect, and they must take extra, extra, extra care to guard against any kind of sabotage attempt.

There is a huge difference between healthy skepticism and blind-eyed pessimism... the first is wise and the second is foolish.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is something that caught my interest last night while looking for some stuff.

Perendev Power

They claim that they have a 300KW generator that outputs 290KW contiuously and only requires a battery to start but once it does it will run for 10 years. Supposedly they already have contracts for countries signed up and ready to use. The deal is though that they are only for lease for 5 years and it costs about 44 cents a KWh. I don't know they have a video of what they claim is a 9KW magnetic generator.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Ultimately the energy source for hydro-electricity is the sun. The sun heats water in low elevations, causing it to evaporate and eventually rain down into the higher elevations, running downhill over the dam, producing electricity.

Sometimes it is hard to identify the true root of the tree.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Okay, these guys at Perendev really make me angry!

Perendev Motor - free energy that's MORE expensive!

For all of you who think that "free energy" is going to be FREE, think again! They charge a whopping 24,700 Euros for the 100KW motor that is supposed to be for cars or boats, and then on top of that 100 Euros per month usage fee. And if you think this BUYS you the motor, think again. This only allows you to USE the motor for 5 years! They say no motor will EVER be sold, but are always leased!

This is the whole problem folks! It's the ECONOMY! This whole focus on money will always prevent free energy for the masses. It did in Tesla's time, and it will continue to do so until we revamp how economy works. This Perendev company will not be satisfied with selling a gazillion motors.... no they want to be both the motor provider and the replacement for the electric/oil companies. GREED, GREED, GREED! It will certainly be the downfall of humanity!

[edit on 15-12-2009 by downisreallyup]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup

Also, remember that there are indeed very powerful forces out there that DO NOT WANT to see this kind of thing introduced.

conspiracy theory claptrap not based on any facts. It is the standard response from those peddling snake oil like this.

Especially now, with Copenhagen, etc., imagine how a technology like this will completely derail the vast money-making plans of the NWO with the new Carbon Economy.

no, imagine how countries like Japan that have no oil of their own, their government would be pushing for this - except it does not work!

Then, as far as the scientists are concerned, I would have been much more impressed with their "outcome" if there had actually been an outcome. The fact is, they produced nothing of a result,

yes they did, "The unanimous verdict of the Jury is that Steorn's attempts to demonstrate the claim have not shown the production of energy." They said it was not overunity, and did not do what was claimed

with no details of what was done, how it was done, etc.

due to a NDA that they signed...

And, they quit before the job was done,

No, the device did not do as was claimed, so their job was done.

[quote[so hopefully Steorn has learned from this, and they will do something better now, [/quote[

yes, they now use a battery to power it!

This over-unity ZPE magnetic motor technology has been demonstrated many times, and I personally have seen it here in New Zealand.

demonstrated not to work, yes.

You must not forget that there are ACTIVE, super WEALTHY energy companies who would love to prevent Steorn from succeeding,

and there are larger, wealthier governments that would love for it to succeed and reduce the need for overpriced fossil fuels

and all they have to do it hire some clandestine "fixer" company to send operatives in who will do what it takes to make the demos and trials fail.

the standard cop out for Steorn when it is shown not to work, we have all heard it before with nothing to back that claim up

Steorn must not be foolish or ignorant of this aspect, and they must take extra, extra, extra care to guard against any kind of sabotage attempt.

if it actually worked as claimed there would be no chance of that happening!

There is a huge difference between healthy skepticism and blind-eyed pessimism... the first is wise and the second is foolish.

then there are the foolish apologists for snake oil salesman everywhere

or do you work for Steorn?

[edit on 15/12/09 by dereks]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

That isn't even the worst of it. The very worse part of it all is that you can't open the machine to see how it works it has to be a person authorized by them to "fix" it if something breaks.

I have an idea of how it works and I think I have an idea how to produce a generator that works on the same principle, but it isn't "free energy". It's just really super efficient.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
There certainly is a rabid debunker element active on ATS lately, isn't there? I find the amount of venom from some people to be rather odd, even given the history of Steorn / Orbo.

While, as a company, they've never alluded to it, you have to realize the enormous amount of pressure that would be brought to bear on any company who actually HAD developed, what amounts to, a free energy device. I would go so far as to suggest that if such a device were, in fact, real, there would be a Herculean effort by the traditional energy sector to suppress, discredit or even sabotage any successful public demonstrations - ie: Steorn 2006. No, I don't have any proof of that and Steorn has never, to my knowledge, suggested that was the case, but considering what's at stake here, it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility.

I, myself, am taking a 'wait and see' approach to Orbo, this time around. One of these days, one of these "snake oil salesmen" is going to be selling something more than the usual oil and I don't want to miss it because I refused to even listen to them because of a past failure; a failure that, considering the stakes, could very easily have been caused by outside interference.

Unfortunately, ATS seems to be dividing into two camps lately. On the one hand, we have the debunkers, who patently refuse to even entertain the idea of anything being real without a mountain of evidence being delivered to them on a silver platter. On the other hand, we have the true believers...of anything and everything, with zero evidence provided.

In my opinion, both camps need to keep a slightly more open mind.

edit:spelling

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Nyteskye]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

Water, key word in hydro dam being "hydro".

Water moves down hill because of it's fluidity, which falls into the realm of fluid-dynamics.

Water moves downhill because of a lot of things, but gravity is the one thing that allows the mass of water, or anything to acquire potential energy at altitude. No fluid dynamics need to be understood to calculate the potential energy stored in water, or any mass. Potential energy of an elevated object equals mass times elevation. This energy is released if the object is permitted to drop said distance. The object can be fluid, or it can be a hunk of ice, although fluids have the convenience that one can pile them up using a dam. However, their fluidity is not what gives them energy, it's the mere fact that they are elevated.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

dereks, why don't you go grow up... I've seen these types of motors work, and there is nothing magical about them at all. Your arrogance is ridiculous, so why don't you save yourself any more embarrassment.

You are EXACTLY the kind of person I am referring to in my signature, and exactly the kind of person Einstein referred to the following quotes:

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."

Do yourself a favor and open yourself to new possibilities and instead of constantly saying "IT WON'T WORK", why don't you try something more useful like "HOW CAN IT WORK?"

Nobody EVER made contributions to the world by maintaining your kind of thinking.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyteskye

I am of neither camp, for both are just unintelligent zealots of another color.

If you look at my threads and posts, I believe in the scientific method, and in forensic type proof. These pea-brains who require proof be handed to them on a platter really don't matter at all... I mean, who are they that anyone should attempt to convince them of anything? Will anything change in the world if they either accept or reject any particular truth? No, I don't think it will.

Only those people who dare challenge the conventional wisdom and who believe in their vision strong enough and long enough to actually make something new... these are the people who count.

The other blowhards will snooze away until they are enticed to shell out their money once the inventors are ready to indulge them. The inventors will get rich, and the others will grow poorer.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

'Impossible' can be a cop-out, but when you're talking about making energy out of nothing, then that is impossible. The universe simply can not, and would not, exist if that were the case. I know it's not very romantic to think that energy can't b plucked out of nothing by some enigmatic engineers fighting for the common man, but so far not a single shred of evidence in any single experiment anyone has ever performed ever has shown it to be even slightly dubious, let alone plausibly incorrect.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join