It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steorn Announces Public Demonstration of Orbo Technology

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Thank you for not following this thread... if only all threads were so lucky to be rid of the people who come into a discussion, let out a childish mental "fart", and exit quickly, leaving their stink behind them

If only they would take the time to read what has been written, consider carefully what they are going to contribute by way of meaningful content, and then share it for the edification of us all... if only it were so...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup

The people who scream "IT CAN'T POSSIBLY WORK" are those who have A) never looked into it with an open mind, B) have no knowledge of it at all, or C) are simply parrots, trumpeting the squawk of the gawking flock!

Please, let us be better than that... let us dream, postulate, question, hypothesize, experiment, build, and PROVE that something either CAN or CANNOT be done! Thank you

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Heros_son]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Heros_son

Science can explain why electrons spin endlessly. There is no power INPUT, that's true, however, there is none needed. Something called 'strong nuclear force' is holding a given atom together. The atom is held in what is called a bound state. The atom as a whole has less energy (while bound) than it's constituent particles combined (conservation of energy applies.) So energy has already been applied to bind the atom. The remaining energy is in the form of potential energy. The electron needs no input of energy to orbit, because it has potential energy, and it is not expending energy. The movement comes from attractive force which is related to being bound.

Good explanation for why electrons spin endlessly! The problem with the science description of electron spin is that implies that something must keep it spinning or it will slow down eventually. Of course, no one has observed an electron spinning so what they do is questionable. Perhaps just exist at different quantum levels?

My simplified explanation for why there is free energy is simply that the universe is practically made of energy, it is everywhere we look with our Hubble and other instruments. Eminating from every galaxy. Some energy is holding all this together, something is maintaining it all. Some energy that permeates all things. We just haven't found it yet, IMHO!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Bona fide science? Ha ha ha
Do you know the first step in the scientific method? Come on, do you? Let me give you a hint... it starts with a "P"...

POSTULATE - in other words, make a theory, in other words, DREAM!

Originally posted by Heros_son

Sir, I do know the scientific method. Postulation is not at the beginning, but toward the end, of the process.

The first step is to ask a question (which is why I value dreaming, and free thinking)

The First step of the scientific method is Observe. Not Postulate, Not "ask a question" Observe.

All science begins with Observation.

1. Observation and description of a phenomenon or group of phenomena.

2. Formulation of an hypothesis to explain the phenomena. In physics, the hypothesis often takes the form of a causal mechanism or a mathematical relation.

3. Use of the hypothesis to predict the existence of other phenomena, or to predict quantitatively the results of new observations.

4. Performance of experimental tests of the predictions by several independent experimenters and properly performed experiments.

teacher.pas.rochester.edu...

The fact that so many think it begins with forming a hypothesis does much to explain many of the posts here.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Doglord

As you took it upon yourself to give this lesson of the scientific process, perhaps you can contribute to the thread in regards to the topic?

Do you have any info about the over unity machines or ZPE or anything?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Doglord

Postulation is not the same as hypothesis. To postulate is to make a claim based on logic, reason, and/or intuition... to form a framework for inquiry. Just like in any scientific rigor, postulates/axioms form the assumed basis for inquiry.

If you ASSUME that energy can't come from the unseen space, then you will NEVER make any observance for it. One's postulation is a direct outgrowth of his/her PARADIGM.

It is clear that many here do not DREAM of actually finding a source of apparent FREE energy, while others do. Those who do may actually take the time to observe, hypothesize, and experiment. Those who do not dream of such a thing will NEVER take one step to observe anything about it.

So, my point is clearly made that dreaming/postulating is the PRESTEP to the whole scientific method... in fact, one could say that postulation is the "postulate of the scientific method itself... the assumed part that is missing from the school books."

Yes, in the official scientific method, observance is first, but THERE IS something that comes before that, and that is "dreaming", which could also be the personal "dreams" of the scientist. How else will you know what to observe? I'm sorry, but you need to widen your view here a little, and realize that all science starts with dreams, whether it is the dream to fly, the dream to go deep under the sea, the dream to discover lost civilizations, the dream to explore the universe, the dream to discover new particles, the dream to harness FREE energy... etc.

I am thinking and talking at a much deeper and more philosophical level than you are, for you are merely quoting what anyone can look up on Wikipedia. I am talking from the human perspective as to WHY we want to do science in the first place.

So, while you may desire to think you are correct that "observe" is the first step, I argue flatly that unless you have a dream to precede your observation, you will end up observing nothing more than random tidbits of incoherent chaos.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by downisreallyup]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by broli

Wow im impressed, its going to be running on demo for weeks with a live internet stream! and it runs on a battery!

Look at the clock on your wall it does the same thing spins for months using only a small battery...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon
reply to post by broli

Wow im impressed, its going to be running on demo for weeks with a live internet stream! and it runs on a battery!

Look at the clock on your wall it does the same thing spins for months using only a small battery...

Don't forget that they've publicly stated that it's gonna breakdown repeatedly during this demonstration... something my wall clock doesn't do...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Doglord

Postulation is not the same as hypothesis. To postulate is to make a claim based on logic, reason, and/or intuition... to form a framework for inquiry. Just like in any scientific rigor, postulates/axioms form the assumed basis for inquiry.

If you ASSUME that energy can't come from the unseen space, then you will NEVER make any observance for it. One's postulation is a direct outgrowth of his/her PARADIGM.

It is clear that many here do not DREAM of actually finding a source of apparent FREE energy, while others do. Those who do may actually take the time to observe, hypothesize, and experiment. Those who do not dream of such a thing will NEVER take one step to observe anything about it.

So, my point is clearly made that dreaming/postulating is the PRESTEP to the whole scientific method... in fact, one could say that postulation is the "postulate of the scientific method itself... the assumed part that is missing from the school books."

Yes, in the official scientific method, observance is first, but THERE IS something that comes before that, and that is "dreaming", which could also be the personal "dreams" of the scientist. How else will you know what to observe? I'm sorry, but you need to widen your view here a little, and realize that all science starts with dreams, whether it is the dream to fly, the dream to go deep under the sea, the dream to discover lost civilizations, the dream to explore the universe, the dream to discover new particles, the dream to harness FREE energy... etc.

I am thinking and talking at a much deeper and more philosophical level than you are, for you are merely quoting what anyone can look up on Wikipedia. I am talking from the human perspective as to WHY we want to do science in the first place.

So, while you may desire to think you are correct that "observe" is the first step, I argue flatly that unless you have a dream to precede your observation, you will end up observing nothing more than random tidbits of incoherent chaos.

The difficulty is that so many scientists are inventors and vice versa... science though, is not about invention pre se, but explaining observations... that of course includes predictable observations based on other scientists work, etc.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I can't find any information on the net that can tell me who owns it? I would be very interested to know. Anyone?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heros_son
Do you have any info about the over unity machines or ZPE or anything?

No I don't. I will simply wait, and observe. While its possible Steorn may have a an "over unity" machine, the history of "free energy" devices in general, and of this firm in particular, suggest that their claims should not be taken at face value.

Wilhelm Röntgen made observations on x-rays without first assuming that they existed. He simply observed effects and sought to understand what hew as observing. He wasn't dreaming of discovering x-rays, he was doing research on vacuum tubes at the time. When asked what he thought when he observed their effects he said " I didn't think, I investigated." He didn't "assume" energy could come from seemingly empty space and try to prove it, he saw the effects of an unknown form of energy and tried to understand where it was coming and how it was being produced. Likewise Henri Becquerel discovered radioactivity by accident when attempting to understand the phosphorescence of uranium salts.

In fact many of the greatest scientific discoveries of all time were made completely by accident. Examples include, Penicillin, Vulcanized Rubber, Photography, Radioactivity, Electric Current, Vaccination, etc. The scientists responsible didn't "postulate" them first, they simply observed and investigated various unknown and unexplained phenomenon. Science doesn't work by people making wild ass theories that they want to be true and then trying to prove it, it works by observing something that is happening and trying to understand why it is happening.

So no, you haven't made your point, and it's not true that "dreaming" is the first "unwritten" step of the scientific method. You don't have to know what you're going to discover before you discover it, you don't even need to have an idea what you are going to discover. If anything, thinking you do know what you are going to discover can prevent you from discovering anything

[edit on 12/16/2009 by Doglord]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Hmmm. I dont believe this one bit. If something creates more energy than it uses up, then it goes against every single physics equation known to man and unbalances them all. This cannot be correct

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

en.wikipedia.org...:_Columbus

This is a great read. It is about when EVERYONE ON EARTH KNEW the earth was flat. Traveling to far in the ocean ment certain death!

Of course this is rediculous to us now but this would be compairable to people saying it goes angainst all laws of phyiscs.

I assure you that we know probly .001% of all the information in the universe. People will laugh at us in 100 years or less about what we believe to be common knowledge just like we laugh at those 300 years ago that thought the earth was flat.

edit: oh and day two still going strong! www.steorn.com...

[edit on 16-12-2009 by ThePeoplesSoldier]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeoplesSoldier
reply to post by Pryde87

This is a great read. It is about when EVERYONE ON EARTH KNEW the earth was flat. Traveling to far in the ocean ment certain death!

Umm Did you actually read your link?

The common misconception that people before the age of exploration believed that Earth was flat entered the popular imagination after Washington Irving's publication of The Life and Voyages of Christopher Columbus in 1828.

The disputed point, therefore, was not the shape of the Earth, nor the idea that going west would eventually lead to Japan and China, but the ability of European ships to sail that far across open seas.

The myth that people of the Middle Ages believed that the Earth was flat entered the popular imagination in the 19th century, thanks largely to the publication of Washington Irving's fantasy The Life and Voyages of Christopher Columbus in 1828.[1]

People knew the earth was round back in columbus's day. Its been known that the earth was round since at least 400 BC.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
These guys have been developing stuff for ages and have been putting updates on the overunity.com and .uk forums.

here's a video of one of their efforts and it looks legit. The Stoern machine liiks like this ut is using some sort of bedini type setup but it looks interesting.

for 250 euros you can become a developer and get all the plans to build one. It seems to some people, this would be the only way to verify it - see it with your own eyes.

It will change the world this technology - fulford, wilcock, camelot all concur that this technology is coming regardless of weather you agree with it or not.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Whilst a good idea it HAS been done before, there are lots and lots of sites all claiming to have 'free energy' devices of varying sorts and types.
'Steorn' do not have any videos or photos displaying their generators and therefore do not gauge my attention.
If there were truly onto something thats productive to Human life and to the environment I feel they would go out of their way to provide proof, and even to provide videos of their devices working.
But all I see from their website is printed words that even I can do.
I own the world but I won't show any signs of papers proving my ownership.
See?
No proof , no truth.

Let's consider "proof" (of all previous claims by everybody of all devices):

1. Photos - Done already, photos have been faked
2. Videos - see above!
3. Documentation on website - so what, means nothing, anybody can write anything
4. Demos - invariably involving closed "black boxes" necessary to preserve copyright etc.....the "black box" hides the con!

So the only real test is a public demonstration with no hidden "black boxes" and power in, power out and power stored (I accept the need for a battery powered trigger/starter as in a petrol car) all fully measured. The difference between power out and all other power has to orders of magnitude larger ie puts beyond doubt any error margins.

I believe Steorn are doing 6 weeks of public demos. Only time will tell if independant power monitoring meets the requirements to prove it works. Let's wait and see shall we.

One last point : Steorn have been at this for what 4/5 years? The nuclear fusion industry has been at it for over 50 years and have not produce 1 joule of power greater than that consumed in the lifetime of any generator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeoplesSoldier

wrong actualy, During the early Middle Ages, many scholars maintained the spherical viewpoint first expressed by the Ancient Greeks. By the 14th century, belief in a flat earth among the educated was essentially dead. Flat-Earth models were in fact held at earlier (pre-medieval) times, before the spherical model became commonly accepted in Hellenistic astronomy.[1].

According to Stephen Jay Gould, "there never was a period of “flat earth darkness” among scholars (regardless of how the public at large may have conceptualized our planet both then and now). Greek knowledge of sphericity never faded, and all major medieval scholars accepted the earth’s roundness as an established fact of cosmology."[2] David Lindberg and Ronald Numbers also write: "there was scarcely a Christian scholar of the Middle Ages who did not acknowledge [Earth's] sphericity and even know its approximate circumference.

edit: oh and day two still going strong! www.steorn.com...

of course it is, a wall clock can run on 2 aa cells for many months, this device should easily run for 6 weeks on a D cell!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by gareth01422

Water, key word in hydro dam being "hydro".

Water moves down hill because of it's fluidity, which falls into the realm of fluid-dynamics.

"Water falls down hill" Gravity?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Magzoid

Seeing it with your own eyes is a bad test of an overunity machine. Scientific examination is the only way to make sure.

Critical thinking, guys - I know you can do it.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

No, the only way to be sure is to have multiple independent scientific testers appraise the machine. No amount of public demonstrations will prove a scientific theory. That's not how science works.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join