It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steorn Announces Public Demonstration of Orbo Technology

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup
reply to post by dereks

The battery is used to get the thing running in the first place also.

then they could remove it when it was running..... but that would mean it would slow down then stop!

[edit on 15/12/09 by dereks]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well for those who didn't read the full article you also forgot the part where it talked bout this

"Yet these comments are contrary to statements by independent professional engineers who, under contract to Steorn, have tested, measured and validated configurations that produce a net gain in energy. A video of the engineers expressing those findings was introduced by Steorn earlier this year and was reported in OhmyNews.

Other bloggers, such as Free Energy Truth note that when the jury states they are ceasing work "This does not sound like the jury [has] seen the review process through to its conclusion - far from it. It smacks of frustration and impatience and ultimately results in the appearance of walking away leaving the job half done."

Dr. Ben Goldacre of Bad Science bemoaned the jury’s lack of clarity, saying "It would be nice if the jury could let us know what evidence they have been given."

People denied for hundreds of years even after the world was proved to be round... lighten up and don't be so closed minded. The videos clearly showing it up and running outweighs your flimsy claims of it not working... and I don't want to hear that "energy can not be created or destroyed" bologna because science is proved wrong. Even if this is not true and it's a giant hoax you're arguing with no basis. Chances are you have no idea how the machine works the math behind it or any of it and you're just rambling out bull because you're too comfortable in your closed box. Give me the math showing where they messed up proving that its not true.... grow up seriously.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

Ah, Mr. King Demon, please tell us who the shills are and who the zombies are, and of the two, which camp do you belong to? Obviously one of them, since you have done nothing to contribute here whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
what's so to grasp?

It uses magnets to spin a device to create electricity, that is then stored in a battery.

Although on the surface it sounds great. I think back the the guy a year or so ago who had a contraption 5 times that size, charging 20 something car batteries, just to light a dozen or so light bulbs.

Sorry but as it stands the Magnets and Electric engine (Turbine) would have to be too big, the battery would need to be pretty big also if you wanted to power something like a car. The unit and battery would most likely be bigger than the car.

I mean the demonstration unit is pretty large considering it's only charging a C or D sized battery. Plus they're counting the raidiant heat as 1/3 of thier power produced also. Many times you don't wantheat, and it becomes a problem that you need a seperate system to cool.

Until they can get the scale correct, to something more manageble, where I don't need to carry something as big and heavy as a car Battery, just to power a simple walkman. It's useless.

Its not usless... if proven true it flips modern science upside down.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Here, go to this company and read about the motors that run your building, house, or car... these are being sold NOW, and do the very thing that is being talked about here.

ZPE generators SOLD NOW

Let's not get hung up on this one company Steorm. There are other games in town also, so if the conversation is about whether this technology CAN work, here is a company already doing it, and selling (leasing) their products. I think the one thing that will hold these guys back is their pricing and no ability to actually buy the thing - they must all be leased.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
Here is a good reason they have to deceive and promote this.

www.steorn.com...

the pendulum swings both ways, a development license costing far less than 1000.00 USD will incite a large number of people to experiment with the technology. If it works, everyone wins, if it doesn't work Steorn alone loses everything, and a few people/institutions lose a few thousand dollars.

They have much MORE to gain if it does work, and they seem confident. As with all things though, time will tell.

tamale

And by the way, I for one get frustrated when people automatically assume that those who desire to profit from their endeavours are always going to lie to get what they want. Many don't...I don't...maybe you don't...maybe Steorn doesn't.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Tamale_214]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

dereks, please stop being ignorant... ATS is for people to practice behaviors that deny ignorance, so instead of telling us silly notions, why don't you prove that you know something besides high school science, and then come back and let's have a real conversation. Also, when you make assumptions in every statement you write it makes it hard to actually have a meaningful debate with you, so please try to limit your comments to what is truly known.

For example, you say that removing the battery will cause the thing to stop.... well if you break the circuitry, of course it will stop. And until you or I know for 100% certain why a battery was used instead of a capacitor, it is pure conjecture, so why don't you just admit that you DON'T HAVE AN OPEN MIND, and that any conversation with you is like trying to convince the Pope that Jesus didn't exist.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by downisreallyup]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by wycky
this isn't anything new

Your guys heard of Professor Searl? in the 40's - 60's he invented a Magnet Motor which supplied unlimited power and was apparently anti gravity.
He had is home running from the device, after a few months of not paying for electricity the electrical company thought he was stealing power, they came out and couldn't work it out,

Actually, that is not what happened at all. "Searl was convicted of stealing electricity by bypassing his electricity meter, and damaging the property of the electricity company"
also
"Sandberg, as reported through Heerfordt, found a son of Searl "who had seen disks being suspended from wires, so that they could be photographed, but who hadn't seen any demonstration of antigravity or free energy."
en.wikipedia.org...

There is more to it, they accused him of stealing power and then they cut the power cables from his home and he still had power from an unknown source.
They then stole or destroyed his research and stole his generator.

That was the info i got from the documentary i watched.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamale_214

Well said Tamale! Well said! It's just so apparent that ATS has a large number of people who can't actually think or reason from facts. They seem to come here with an agenda to get across some prejudiced point. For me, I'm open to all kinds of possibilities, for in the end, truth always prevails. I think of these people just have little "private parts" and they have to prove they are important by being part of the nay-sayer crowd, so IF things don't work out they can strut around like a cock-a-doodle-do rooster and feel good about themselves. I can't for the life of me figure out any other reason for their irrational and highly biased behavior.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

Sir, I do know the scientific method. Postulation is not at the beginning, but toward the end, of the process.

The first step is to ask a question (which is why I value dreaming, and free thinking)

The next step is to gather information (research, observe, it gives your dreams substance)

Then you have the next step which is to interpret or theorize (I think this is where you intended to use the word "postulate")

The steps continue on and on. I don't want to derail this thread. I stated earlier that "over-unity" would be great! I WANT it to exist. I support the idea, and the effort to produce it, however, it has not yet been proven (at least to me) and so I will rely on what I know and what I can prove to be real.

I also stated earlier that I would welcome the criticism for my conventional logic, if proof existed. I sincerely DO NOT mind being wrong. Proof can come in the form of a physical machine, or in equation, or, as you said, in POSTULATE. Do you have any of these things sir?

OP, I look forward to reading about the science of your thread. I have not attacked anything or anybody. It's great to have passion. Truth can always stand up to a debate. If I am only the Devil's advocate to bringing forth ideas and aid in further understanding this technology, then that is a comfortable role.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
On the other hand...

Orbo tried to demo their product back in the fall of '06 and failed. Were they sabotaged by TPTB? It would have been so easy to introduce enough electromagnetic interference to stop their demonstration and embarrass Stoern! That demo was in a rented facility that Orbo couldn't control.

And why wouldn't TPTB with unlimited resources just throw a wrench into it, so to speak?

With all the talk of GW and all the other BS going on in Copenhagen now, the world is in a much more receptive position to receive positive news in the free energy field. Obviously there is much resistance as this thread has demonstrated!

To say that the present state of our science understands physics is, well, an overstatement. Science can't explain why electrons spin endlessly with no apparent power input!
That conundrum is always conveniently swept under the rug! It can't explain dark energy, dark matter and the origin of the universe, whether there is one, two or many universes, or even the size of our universe. Does the speed of light limit travel and communication or is there something beyond?

I'll give Stoern the benefit of the doubt for now!

[edit on 16/12/09 by plumranch]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Heros_son

I was merely taking exception to the following statement you made:

It is a wonderful concept, and again, I applaud dreamers. However, I must yield to bona fide science.

By you putting it the way you did, you made it sound like "dreaming" is not part of bona fide science, when it indeed is very much of science.

When I said it began with "postulation" I was actually talking about what comes before "asking a question", for a question must be preceded by certain assumptions in order for the question to be entertained at all. The word postulate can mean to "ask" but it more commonly means to assume truth by way of reason. So, in my meaning of the word usage, I was focusing on the "dream" that precedes the question.

For this case, I would say the postulate is: ZPE seems to exist, based on the reasoning of quantum mechanics and various famous experiments. If that is true, it must be possible to tap into it somehow.

One possible way to tap the energy may be by way of a spinning magnet, exploiting some unknown quality of magnetism, since magnetism is not 100% understood, it has the ability to do work, and we are not 100% sure where that force comes from.

We can then ask the question: Does spinning a magnet in a certain manner, exploiting a certain feature of magnetism, permit the collection of Zero-Point energy from the background space vacuum, and if so, how does it work?

We then characterize this energy field (ZPE) and all potentially possible harvesting methods, one of which may be the use of magnetism, and then we make a hypothesis: if we spin a magnet in a certain way, with a certain configuration, it will harvest ZPE.

My statement saying you did not understand the Scientific Method was only because you said "dreaming" was not bona fide science. If that were the case, Einstein and all the other great scientists would never have done a thing.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Yes, that is the correct posture to take if one is to remain in a an open scientific mindset. We must give them the benefit of the doubt as long as they are continuing to progress in getting their claims verified and exposed to the public. Once they license their technology to someone, and that someone makes the first product with it, we will either hear about a new product or a lawsuit. That is why truth always prevails.

I am hoping to help in the difficult task of encouraging ATS members to always maintain an objective and scientific approach to issues like this, in fact with all issues, since bias and prejudice never seem to produce anything progressively useful, though it may produce something useful for the stakeholders in the status quo.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
after googling around to try to figure out what method they are using i found this video that shows how it is done

it appears to exploit the mechanic of magnetism, as pointed out in this video

it involves the spinning of a wheel/rotor around 3 magnets, watch as he spins it then uses a 4th magnet to "get it going",

once the wheel is moving, it starts to ACCELERATE

after which he removes 2 of the 4 magnets.. again.. ACCELERATION - energy gain.. this is the principle steorn appears to be using, using that gain acceleration energy and storing it in to battery/cells

Alsetalokin Magnetic Free Energy Motor Smoking Gun Evidence of Steorn.com ?

Alsetalokin Magnetic Free Energy Motor Smoking Gun Evidence of Steorn.com ?

(sorry couldnt get the google vid embed to work)

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Naeem82]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

To say that the present state of science understands physics is well, an overstatement. Science can't explain why electrons spin endlessly with no apparent power input! :LOL: It can't explain dark energy, dark matter and the origin of the universe, whether there is one, two or many universes, or even the size of our universe.

We do have a lot of theories..

I agree with your initial statement. There are a few forms of physics, and while separately they may make sense, collectively they can contradict each other. However, they all do agree on some basics.

Science can explain why electrons spin endlessly. There is no power INPUT, that's true, however, there is none needed. Something called 'strong nuclear force' is holding a given atom together. The atom is held in what is called a bound state. The atom as a whole has less energy (while bound) than it's constituent particles combined (conservation of energy applies.) So energy has already been applied to bind the atom. The remaining energy is in the form of potential energy. The electron needs no input of energy to orbit, because it has potential energy, and it is not expending energy. The movement comes from attractive force which is related to being bound.

I hope that's a simple enough answer without myself sounding simple.

I agree with part of your latter statement as well. In regard to the origin of our universe and so forth. This is where the schools of thought get sticky and contradict each other. You're right. Science has a conundrum with atoms. The components are essentially bits of energy (not mass) held by attractive forces. The building blocks of everything is nothing. It's not logical.

If someone has been able to create an over unity machine, they either have an extreme insight, or extraordinary luck. Advances in science always come, and a lot of times by accident. So I really hope that it has happened. After all you don't have to know HOW something works to know THAT something works.

For the conspiracy minded... of course if you can't explain how something works, then you can't control it. Better to destroy it. Or keep it to yourself until you can learn how to exploit it.

"Brother can you spare a carbon credit?"

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I appreciate your well thought out premise to platform your curiosity. It gives food for thought. Magnetism is indeed not well enough understood.

However, to be clear, I never said that dreaming is not a bona fide science (although it's not.) Dreaming IS an important process to any good thinker. I agree with you. Dreaming can lead to many things, not the least of which are questions, inspirations and ultimately new possibilities.

Doesn't quantum say that if you think it, then it already exists?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Naeem82

Excellent find! There are many such devices out there, and this in particular uses fixed magnets, which just goes to show that magnets seem to be grabbing energy from the Zero-Point field, as it is possible to make them do useful work without any energy input (except what is coming from ZPE by way of the magnetism).

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
yeah i was stunned to see the rotor speed up.. these guys are on to something.. lets hope they dont get shut down or start falling out of windows, this is some real hope if its real

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
They must be running out of cash again, how many times have thy tried this all with differing excuses..... errr the air is too heavy..... errr the lights are on....yeah yeah yeah, I won't be following this thread and i won't be holding my breath.... Steorn = Crap

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heros_son

I appreciate your well thought out premise to platform your curiosity. It gives food for thought. Magnetism is indeed not well enough understood.

However, to be clear, I never said that dreaming is not a bona fide science (although it's not.) Dreaming IS an important process to any good thinker. I agree with you. Dreaming can lead to many things, not the least of which are questions, inspirations and ultimately new possibilities.

Doesn't quantum say that if you think it, then it already exists?

Thank you for your appreciation. Just to be clear on my part, since I am careful with my words, which is something that scientists must do if they are to be properly understood, I took you at your word. In your quote about dreaming and bona fide science, you used the word "however", which is a word of contradiction. You basically said "I think dreaming is good and I applaud it..." HOWEVER... "I will stick with bona fide science." That sentence set up a comparison between dreaming and science, and that is why I said that "dreaming", which is another, somewhat derogatory word, for making a postulate in a certain scientific endeavor, is indeed the very first step in the scientific process.

The difference between a "dream" and an "educated goal" is that a dream can include total fantasy, where an educated goal is generally based on some previously established scientific fact, theory or premise.

By calling the notion of ZPE machines a "dream" you are inferring, quite strongly I might add, that there is no scientific basis for even entertaining such a notion, and that is exactly what I am taking exception with.

You assume it is a "dream" because you have likely not studied the science behind ZPE, and therefore you are not aware that there indeed IS a basis for asking some serious scientific questions, forming some hypotheses, and launching into some experiments or prototype construction.

In fact, MANY, MANY garage scientists have successfully built machines that spin indefinitely without any externally applied power source. To them, the "dream" is reality, and it is the skeptic who refuses to look at the possibility that is the real "dreamer"... dreaming that science will not advance such that they are proven wrong and obsolete.

The people who scream "IT CAN'T POSSIBLY WORK" are those who have A) never looked into it with an open mind, B) have no knowledge of it at all, or C) are simply parrots, trumpeting the squawk of the gawking flock!

Please, let us be better than that... let us dream, postulate, question, hypothesize, experiment, build, and PROVE that something either CAN or CANNOT be done! Thank you

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join