It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEQUILAsunrise - AKA Norway Spiral - Proof it was a scientific experiment.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Yup, that's what the speculation is about. Bulava is designed to be fast off the boat to shorten response time. The third stage is designed to be maneuverable. It could be that the spin/ejection is another factor.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
EISCAT?

EISCAT (European Incoherent Scatter Radar) Electron Density Studies.

Abstract : The study of F-region electron density irregularities has continued and further runs of the Special Program have been scheduled to coincide with overpasses of the HILAT satellite. Programming improvements have led to more effective analysis of the data from both EISCAT and HILAT observations. Major variations in electrons in electron content are shown to be related to well defined enhancements of electron density. Typical periods range between 35 and 200 seconds, imply spatial structures of 12 to 70 km. These variations would have significant effects on transionospheric radio propagation. Preliminary comparisons have been made between EISCAT and HILAT measurements of total electron content. A significant difference between the measurements is observed, the HILAT observations being 2.2 times larger than those derived from EISCAT. The HILAT measurements from the December 1985 appear to be too large. A brief description is given of the first run of the Special Program on the VHF radar. Keywords: Incoherent scatter radar; Plasma structure; Ionospheric F region; Auroral Zone electron content.

Descriptors : *F REGION, *RADAR REFLECTIONS, *ELECTROMAGNETIC SCATTERING, ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVE PROPAGATION, ELECTRON DENSITY, ELECTRONS, EUROPE, INCOHERENT SCATTERING, IONOSPHERE, IONOSPHERIC PROPAGATION, PLASMAS(PHYSICS), RADAR, RADIO TRANSMISSION, SPATIAL DISTRIBUTION, STRUCTURES, VERY HIGH FREQUENCY, AURORAE.

Military document

handle.dtic.mil

Final Report March 2009
Title: "Estimating the Neutral Atmosphere Drivers using a Physical
Model"
PI: Tim Fuller-Rowell
Co-Investigators: Cliff Minter, Mihail Codrescu, Mariangel Fedrizzi
Agency: DOD AF AFOSR
Award: FA9550-06-1-0224

REPORT DOCUMENTATION PAGE

It reads as a potential weather manipulating device. Heating up the astmophere, plasma technology. Some VERY deep stuff. As the OP suggested, this is the European equivalent to HAARP

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
In relation to Norway.

AIR FORCE RESEARCH LABORATORY
Space Vehicles Directorate
29 Randolph Rd
AIR FORCE MATERIEL COMMAND
Hanscom AFB, MA 01731-3010
20021008 170

Under this contract, the SATSIN system was first installed in Norway for participation in an HF heating campaign at the EISCAT site near Tromso. The full eight-receiver system was operated from Grunnfjord, approximately 100 km north of the EISCAT heating facility, to place the VHF propagation raypath to the beacon satellites directly above the heater at an altitude of 250 km. The antenna array consisted of eight helix units, placed in an area
approximately 400 m by 200 m, in a pattern optimized for anisotropy observations.

AFRL-VS-TR-2002-1593

If the OP requires anymore information, a U2U in my direction

[edit on 15-12-2009 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hey check this out... this is the Delta-2 AKA S-310-39 being launched last year..

www.rocketrange.no...

Notice the green beam.. the skinny one.. then the less distinct bigger one.. next to to amazing rocket blast.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Then why are we going on page after page about EISCAT and everything else under the sun? If the Russians can field a manuverable ICBM ( particularly if it's autonomous), it's way more significant than any of the "theories" floated here. To me, all questions are answered, it was new missile tech. Of course that's too simple for ATS!

link   
reply to post by danman23

I hope we are on the same wave length, and not referring to different projects. However, rather interesting, this EISCAT system also conducts a missile defence system too.

This is quite a significant project.

link   

You noticed that too?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by watcher73

Point being he is talking about the ionospheric heater creating the spiral.

www.eiscat.se...

whats this page on the 9th then, sir?

"Meteor Dust studies with VHF and Heater"

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

thank for your link but it is broken
interesting

dkaozfKi44J:handle.dtic.mil/100.2/ADA406637+inurl:mil+%22EISCAT%22%2B%22missile%22&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk " target="_blank" class="postlink">/tardir/tiffs/a406637.tiff

[edit on 15-12-2009 by mixmix]

[edit on 15-12-2009 by mixmix]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

What if EISCAT was the variable that caused the missile to fail? I'm reading military documentations in relation to EISCAT being used as a missile defence program too.

It is a rather complex and complicated system.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

That is the description of the entire experiment. The heater was not scheduled for use on the 9th, only the VHF radar was.
If you would read more of the thread that is clear.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

and the SATSIN was closed too ?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Riddle me this Phage.. would a rocket that spins and spits out aluminum create a spiral display?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

HAARP.. which is similar to EISCAT has been proposed, even by the origianl patent holder to be able to mess up missiles. Buuuutttt.. i think what we saw was a scientific experiment involving EISCAT and other radar and lidar equipment based all around norway... to record and measure a test of a scientific rocket.. some variation of ICI-2 and Delta-2 possibly.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I'm wondering if it DID fail, and what failed if it did.
If there were any evidence at all that EISCAT had anything to do with the missle I might consider that. But i have seen no evidence at all that that is the case,

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mixmix

As the quote shows, the Norway SATSIN receiver array was located 100km north of the EISCAT heater. It was a prototype and was only used for a short time. It was then installed in Gakona in 1995 for a short time before being installed at Slana, Alaska, its final location. SATSIN is no longer located in Norway.

SATSIN is a receiver, not a transmitter. Its purpose is to study the scintillation of satellite radio signals as they pass through the area affected by the ionospheric heater at HAARP.

[edit on 12/15/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by danman23

I don't know if it would be visible. But I doubt it would be as dramatic as this.

[edit on 12/15/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

you are right.
SATSIN was off and it's a receiver
EISCAT HEA was off
so what could be on to heat the sky ?

haarp can produce bullseye in the sky
ATS link

do you notice that SATSIN is AFMC ?
HAARP is AFRL NAVY, ..
so there could be a link between HAARP and EISCAT

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mixmix

SATSIN is no longer in Norway.

There was no heating, there was a Russian missile.

I'm sure scientists at HAARP and EISCAT share information since neither one is classified.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

There was no heating, there was a Russian missile.

ok, I restart the question
EISCAT HEA was off
forget SATSIN

so what could heat the ionosphere except a missile ?
use your imagination it's a conspiracy site

I'm sure you can propose numerous answers

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join