It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Pyramid Over Kremlin in Moskow?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Did you read my analysis? You are basing your "calling it a hoax" on something that is totally subjective. How do you know they think it's a UFO? They are in RUSSIA, remember? You have nothing to base your assumptions on. Why don't you try providing something that is more unbiased. You can't call something a hoax with such certainty unless you can prove it's a hoax, and using "I wouldn't act that way" as a so-called "proof" is just not tenable.

Perhaps you could try a little harder...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

Thanks for your expertize and skilled contribution!
Star!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I personally really liked your skit! And I agree, not everyone reacts the same in different situations.

Way to go, comrade. When's Helga gonna have that meat ready? lol

Keep smiling, All!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

It's ready now comrade... would you like to come over? We can drink some Vodka and discuss this new contraption the government is allowing to float over their heads!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Nice triangle or pyramid at :33 - is this CGI and if so why bother inserting it into a news video about an unfortunate wreck? Check it out:

[edit on 12-12-2009 by highhorse13]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by highhorse13

Please edit your entry and just put the youtube ID number in, not the entire URL... the video is not showing...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Thank you
I love doing detailed analysis and research, so hopefully I can do much more of this on ATS...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Also, you observed one of the main reasons it's likely not a HOAX... they filmed through glass, with a moving vehicle, bumpy roads, blooming lights all over the place, lots of wires and light poles to deal with, etc. If anything but a sophisticated graphics house was going to attempt to hoax this, they would not choose such a difficult way of doing it. They WOULD have stopped the car, gotten out at a spot where they could get a good clear view, and then filmed the blank dark sky where they could easily insert a CGI tetrahedron into the blackness.

The fact that these guys responded the way they did, driving as they did, with a quiet but obvious intensity, only adds to the non-hoax conclusion. They wouldn't roll the window down because A) is it winter and probably cold, especially with the wind, and B) they were too excited to think about doing that.

Also, don't forget they are in Russia, where it is probably not the safest thing to stand outside the Kremlin filming something at night, especially something that may be a secret government project. People in Russia still remember what it was like to live under the KGB, and they learned how to observe things quietly with discretion.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by downisreallyup]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I spent some time on a Russian chat site and found a English-Russian translator who translated the dialogue of the two men who made the video:

"we should go over that other side to tape it better"
"I'll go outside to tape it better. Can you pull over?"
"Nope, there is no stopping here and we better stay in the car."
"Damn, he'll be so wildly excited when he sees this!"
"I went to this street this morning, and this wasn't there"
"It's probably a meteorological balloon, or an advert I think"
"We should let people see this online"
Then he dialed a phone number...

So now we know what they said, and what they were thinking. It explains why they didn't behave with terror or craziness, why they didn't pull over, and actually it sounds quite reasonable, given what their beliefs were.

So, the only question now is, was this a real conversation or was it staged? In order to determine that, we have to take into account whether the video is faked or not.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Why are you assuming that they would do it the way that supports your beliefs? Do you have any experience in CGI?
Why is it that I only see two videos of this thing?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup

So, the only question now is, was this a real conversation or was it staged? In order to determine that, we have to take into account whether the video is faked or not.
My personal opinion, is that it was staged, or they found out it wasn't an alien space craft. Think about it, they were interested in what they were seeing, and they wanted to get a closer look. They obviously have a camera with them, and it sounds like they were trying to get a better look at the thing. Well, were is the other videos of them getting a closer look? Did they just take that video, and call it a night? It doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

No, they didn't want to get a closer look, they wanted to take a video of it. The one guy wanted to stop the car and film it, while the driver said he couldn't stop in that area, and he thought they should stay in the car. So they made a couple passes by it, and then at the very end of the video, he is beginning his turn away from the Kremlin to the right, so obviously they are done filming fit.

In their minds, they did not think it was a UFO, but why would they? Everyone knows that UFOs are saucer shaped, right? They didn't seem to consider that aliens would travel in a tetrahedron shaped craft.

Listen, their entire dialogue makes sense if they did not consider that thing to be a UFO, and they would not think that if the thing had no windows or anything, and was just a solid 3D object. Also, at the end of the video the driver dials his phone, so he is obviously calling someone because he is onto his next thing, which is likely getting to where he was going before the detour to film the strange thing floating over the Kremlin.

This dialogue seems in my mind to establish that these guys really did see this thing floating over the Kremlin, and they did not think it was a UFO, at least not at the time.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
THATS THE THING ON OUR DOLLAR!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Whta don't know waht to think about this one..
I could be some sort of weather balloon (weird looking shape i know)
Hologram (blue beam perhaps)
Or it could be really a space craft.
I prefer not to call it a ufo, instead analyze all the possibilities.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DGFenrir

Yes, I do have CGI experience. I am a filmmaker and editor, with experience using 3D drawing and compositing tools. I know enough of what it takes to do something like this. While it can be done, the fact that it was filmed from a moving car with lots of things moving in front of the object, and with the various lighting effects that occur through the car glass, makes it highly unlikely that these two guys did this. If they were that sophisticated to pull this off technically, I think they would have written a better script, one that made it seem like they were more scared, or intrigued, or whatever.

The fact that they were not very scared, but only had a moderate excitement (at least the guy with the camera was), it goes to establish it's authenticity - it shows that they didn't know what they were looking at floating there, and because of their normal skepticism and paradigm-lock, they didn't even consider the possiblity of a UFO.

It's called "hiding in plain sight."

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

No, the thing on the US dollar is a pyramid, which has a square base and four triangles coming up from it. This is a tetrahedron, which is four triangles joined into a 3D shape. It is in fact the simplest faceted 3D shape there is.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup

No, they didn't want to get a closer look, they wanted to take a video of it. The one guy wanted to stop the car and film it, while the driver said he couldn't stop in that area, and he thought they should stay in the car. So they made a couple passes by it, and then at the very end of the video, he is beginning his turn away from the Kremlin to the right, so obviously they are done filming fit.

I took it that he wanted to get a closer look, but he wasn't able to pull over where they were at. It doesn't mean the couldn't have driven closer, and try to take more video of it.

This dialogue seems in my mind to establish that these guys really did see this thing floating over the Kremlin, and they did not think it was a UFO, at least not at the time.
It sounds like one guy doesn't know what it is, while the guy taping it, believes it to be a UFO. Why else would he say he can't wait to show his friends, and put it on the internet? I don't know what to make of it, honestly.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by TravisT]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

If you look carefully at the video, there are no cars parked on the side of the road. It is highly likely that it is not possible (or lawful) to stop on the side of the road. At time 00:33 you can see one clear shot of the road heading away from the Kremlin, and there is a very high curb and no place or markings for cars to park there. Perhaps they are not like America where you can just pull over in most places. The driver said he can't stop around there and they should stay in the car, indicating that it is not a place for people to "pull over and get out of the car." Perhaps he was afraid of the police pulling behind them and asking what they are doing. Remember, in Russia people are not that trusting of the government, and they don't have that same American bravado about confronting their government. In fact, the person who translated the dialogue for me said that the government is always "fussing at people" as she put it, so she was not surprised at them not wanting to hang around there too long.

As far as getting closer, it does not look like they could get any closer than they were at the end of the video. I doubt they can just pull into the Kremlin, any more than you can just drive into the White House complex. At the end of the video they drove past it as close as they could get, and if they keep driving back and forth perhaps they would attract attention, or perhaps it was illegal to do a U-turn at that point.

Also, they had been filming for a fairly good amount of time, and from the look in the driver's eyes at the end of the video, it looked like he was kind of in a hurry to get out of there. In fact, I sensed in his eyes that he was just a tad nervous about the whole thing.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by downisreallyup]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I don't know the laws over there, and it doesn't sound like you do either. We can assume all day, but it doesn't help us until we know if they are allowed to get out of their car. Which, I don't understand why it would be against the law over there, but who knows? I mean, would you get arrested if you had a flat tire, engine trouble, or run out of gas? And like you said, there were tons of places to park. It's just a little to convenient that a UFO appears over an area where you can't get out of your car.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I guess someone with a little common sense would have to ask themselves:

"Where are all the witnesses to such a spectacular sighting?"

It's not like this thing was filmed in the backwoods of Russia where there would be very few witnesses. No, this video would like us to believe that it was filmed over the Kremlin...so where is the UFO flap? Where are all the witnesses coming forth? A missile in Norway causes a stir all over the world, yet a hovering pyramid over the Kremlin goes completely unnoticed?

Really, are we all that gullible and stupid?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join