It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you have a folklore story you would like to share?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
My post was totally serious.
Except my Grand Daddy's joke lol.
Wog's were Indian tales of a cryptozoological beast inhabiting Georgia and elsewhere.
Scary stuff.........
books.google.com...

BTW, I grew up in Jackson County for much of my life.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

o ok thanks for clarifying that lol....and thanks for sharing this....maybe its the natives version of the mexican chupacabra?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousAlienResearcher

NP, It's interesting lore, no doubt.
wogs had my sister scared like crazy years ago. lol

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Hi, I'm new here, been a reader on this website for about three years, I have some to share. My mother is indian, born in a village in punjab she has quite a few stories.

The first was about a snake that can shapeshift into animals i think it was called "salidha" I don't think it ever killed people just could transform into other animals. There is a film called Paheli about a shapeshifter who takes the place of a villager as he leaves home, it's very similar to that, I think that was set in Rajastan

The second is something she called a "turk" this creature is only heard at night, it makes the sound of bones rattling banging into eachother, that was all she said about that one

And the strangest was black magic, When my mother was young she said there was a lady who would wash the families clothes kinda like a maid, and apparently she practiced black magic, my mother and her brother were playing once and the maid had this necklace with a black stone on the end, She put the necklace around my mothers neck and my mother says that she started seeing a hooded figure in the distance unable to sleep terrified of this hooded figure just stood/sat watching her. She became very ill aswell, but soon it was fixed by performing an excorcism. But she still remembers it, when she told me about this i instantly thought of the grim repeaer, so i showed her a picture of grim and she said it was like that but it never had anything in its hand and you couldn't see its face

Thank you for reading

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousAlienResearcher
reply to post by Clearskies

o ok thanks for clarifying that lol....and thanks for sharing this....maybe its the natives version of the mexican chupacabra?

No its not...
the chupacabra like la llorona, are.... things that followed the Spanish into the new world. to add, the Mexican chupacabra is not some mangy looking dog either... they report a lizard looking beast, one that can jump flat footed no running start, from the ground to the roof of a two story casa...not something any dog I ever heard of can do... Some people claim chupacabra is a curse, revenge for what the Spaniards did to the Mayans... when all those murdered women started turning up down on the border .., at first they blamed chupacabra...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

It's pretty popular to all natives. we live in ND, but we have a lot of Kokopelli and Kokopelli Mana stuff, from pins to pendeltons, etc.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

i didn't until now. thanks for the explanation.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
hello guys, very nice thread, here is a small story from Chile:

The indigenous people of northern chile (northern chile is practically one big deset called "Atacama"), they tell stories of small humans, a skeleton has been found think it was about 5-6 years ago, there is a pic too, if I find it I will edit this post.

anyway the legends tell that these small beign live underground and they are some kind of miners. They live down there and they are usually very mean.

god was so long ago I've heard this story that most details are gone.. sorry about that one
oh, and their stature is when standing up about 20, a tad smaller than one foot.

I'm gonna search for more southamerican lore and see what I can find so we get a nice coverage from "down south" too

S&F great thread.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNewKid

thanks for sharing your stories and welcome aboard this thread....

that said i think the last story of your mothers personal account is intriguing....it is commonly said that aliens are nothing other than demons but the two, in my mind, differ greatly....now im not sure about this but i do know that in some native cultures people are known to practice "magic" for a fee.....some were there to put curses or hexes on people others were there to help rid people of those curses by praying to the SAME 12 gods or spirits....i am interested to know if your mother had mentioned anything about some one that may have disliked her in any way around or before that time...this person would probably want to see what was happening to your mother when all of her problems were happening...possibly someone that offered to help....just a theory here but i am interested none the less...thanks again for your submission here and i hope u have a great day

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

thank you for helping me out with that....in another subject you reminded me of another mythical creature that i heard of that seems to have been involved as being a curse to a town that was built over burial grounds???? i think thats it anyways the creature is mothman......do u know anything about this creature and if so could you relay that here? thanks

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloro

thanks for that story...ill also see if i can find anything about those creaturews or that story

and yes any other lore from there you can find would be great.....thanks again and happy hunting!!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I thought twice about posting my story here.....

It is one I have heard for over 30 years and as a child I recall, that there was a family that actually lived there.
You could imagine my thoughts after googling this...
www.undergroundozarks.com...

I did not realize, that this was anything other than a highschool/family story. Other than my family telling me to stay away from there, when I was younger. My granfather claims to have known them!
From fishing at night for catfish, "they were active at night" he claimeed.

Well I did stay away until I was of legal driving age, by then it was un-occupied for sure.
The buildings still stand, there is a big rock table there "supposed sacrafice table" and the story goes on and on.
Before the albino farm, it was if I remember correctly a girls home/camp, and there was some really bizzar stories, involving the owner and the girls and some satanic/witchery type stuff, and a pastor.
I will do some digging now for that!

ETA I found the girl scout thing, and I have merged two stories into one, they are very close to each other and I have been to both sites, I just thought that the one was both and the other was just an empty homestead/farm. sorry its the winnoca story on the same site linked above.

better link for pics....
ryanherzig.smugmug.com...

one more linky, they made a movie too?
albinofarmthemovie.com...

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

YW mn8, I find this sort of investigation so much fun

btw here' are some pics of these so called "small people" found in northern Chile.
It is called "el ser de la noria" or " the beign from noria".

Little guy

Little guy 2

they call him "el extraterrestre de la noria" as in "The ET from noria"
and the northern ET etc.

they did a small reportage about it in a chilean newspaper.

There are two factions here.
First of all we have the "scientists" who claim it is a fetus,
while the paranormal researchers see this as proof of the existance of
these creatures.

Unfortunately it seems this story was forgotten and the last thing I heard was that some rich guy wanted to buy it for a hefty sum.

an ufologist wanted a real investigation of this skeleton, but nothing has been done from what I know.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I've not seen anything on the net regarding this story,i originally read it in a book on mysterious britain. I think the book may have been called the secret country by janet and colin bord, although i could be wrong as i've read many books covering similar topics. The mound which the man went into in this story are known in england and ireland as fairy hills. It's interesting that these hills always seem to be on ley lines and also are often in areas renowned for UFO activity.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

thank you for helping me out with that....in another subject you reminded me of another mythical creature that i heard of that seems to have been involved as being a curse to a town that was built over burial grounds???? i think thats it anyways the creature is mothman......do u know anything about this creature and if so could you relay that here? thanks

Well I saw the movie "The Mothman prophecies" mothman refers specifically to the sightings in 66 67 Charleston and Point Pleasant areas of West Virginia...never seen before or since... not in the Mothman context... However... (Isn't there always a ...however)

The word "Mothman" was an invention of an Ohio newspaper copyeditor, after the first news stories of the "Big Bird" sightings appeared.

throughout history there have been thousands of reports of monster birds!!! so that made me wonder was mothman really unique?

K’aich’ebaanii the monster bird that the Dine (Navajo) report living at the top of Shiprock in the four corners part of the state most closely resembles the Mothman descriptions half man half??? incest, lizard, flying thing????

I grew up hearing these stories and once asked this old grandfather type, "So I hear you you have a family of monster birds up at Tsé Bit' A'í - (Rock With Wings, what we call Shiprock) "? he just shruged as if I was asking about the weather and replied "main group moved to Tsé Naajiin (Cabezon Peak).

well that's all I know about Mothman

[edit on 16-12-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

thank you for helping me out with that....in another subject you reminded me of another mythical creature that i heard of that seems to have been involved as being a curse to a town that was built over burial grounds???? i think that's it anyways the creature is mothman......do u know anything about this creature and if so could you relay that here? thanks

Well I saw the movie "The Mothman prophecies" mothman refers specifically to the sightings in 66 67 Charleston and Point Pleasant areas of West Virginia...never seen before or since... not in the Mothman context... However... (Isn't there always a ...however)

The word "Mothman" was an invention of an Ohio newspaper copyeditor, after the first news stories of the "Big Bird" sightings appeared.

throughout history there have been thousands of reports of monster birds!!! so that made me wonder was mothman really unique?

K’aich’ebaanii the monster bird that the Dine (Navajo) report living at the top of Shiprock in the four corners part of the state most closely resembles the Mothman descriptions half man half??? incest, lizard, flying thing????

I grew up hearing these stories and once asked this old grandfather type, "So I hear you you have a family of monster birds up at Tsé Bit' A'í - (Rock With Wings, what we call Shiprock) "? he just shruged as if I was asking about the weather and replied "main group moved to Tsé Naajiin (Cabezon Peak).

well that's all I know about Mothman

Edit to add...
after a good nights sleep and fresh outlook I remembered another interesting aspect... Many of the people who reported seeing Mothman said you couldn't look directly at him/her/it... you could only look to either side but not straight at him...

Now there are are tails of things you can only see out of the corner of your eye or as a reflection behind you... these beings always mean trouble where they appear... Willow men and watchers to name just two.

they never said if these folks couldn't see mothman if looked at head on of is something made them look away??? Curious though

[edit on 17-12-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

FIRST I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT I AM GLAD YOU POSTED YOUR STORY...I NOR DOES ANYONE ELSE HERE DISCRIMINATE ON THESE THINGS....FOR MOST THEY WILL CHALK IT UP TO BEING "JUST A STORY" FOR OTHERS THEY WILL TRY AND DOCUMENT AND RESEARCH THE TOPIC.....I WILL LOOK INTO THIS MORE AFTER I HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE....IT SAYS ITS GONNA TAKE CLOSE TO ALL DAY BECAUSE MY NITERNET CONNECTION IS HORRIBLE TODAY

ON ANOTHER NOTE,
YES THERE IS A MOVIE I AM DOWNLOADING IT NOW....APPARENTLY RELEASED ON DVD IN 2009 SO ILL WATCH AND SEE IF IT EVEN COMES CLOSE TO THE STORY U TOLD AND THE DESCRIPTION OF THE LEGEND

I FIND IT STRANGE THAT GIRL SCOUTS COULD HAVE STARTED THAT ONE ASPECT YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK INTO IS CULTS....SEE WHAT KIND OF CULTS WERE THERE WHEN THE GIRLSCOUTS HAD HOLD OF THAT PLACE...IDK IF THERE WILL BE ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT BUT ITS A STARTING POINT....

ID LIKE TO HEAR MORE ABOUT THE FEELINGS YOU GOT WHEN YOU WENT TO THAT PLACE AND IF YOU FOUND THE ENTRANCE TO THE UNDERGROUND BUNKER WHILE EXPLORING THE AREA....IT IS SAID TO BE ON THE FARMGROUND PROPERTY

ONE MORE THING IF POSSIBLE, I WOULD LIKE A MAP OF THE AREA DEPICTING WHERE THE STRUCTURES ARE....MAYBE IF THERE IS A BROCHURE ON IT OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.....SURROUNDING AREA IS NOT NECESSARY BUT A PLUS...THAT WAY I CAN LOOK MAYBE ON GOOGLE EARH AND FIND IT BY KNOWING ITS GENERAL LOCATION

THANKS AGAIN FOR SHARING YOUR STORY I MUCH APPRCIATE IT

AND SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING...MY DAUGHTER DEEMED IT NECESSARYT FOR HER TO HELP LOL

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloro

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!!!1

MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR FIND HERE
I PUT THESE PICS THRU THE PHOTOSHOP AND FOUND ABSOLUTELY NO ANOMALIES IN THEM

THAT MEANS FOLKS...THESE ARE REAL

AS FOR THE FETUS THING...I HAVE TO SAY NO....IT DOESNT MATTER HOW FAST YOUR BABY IN YOUR BELLY DEVELOPS...NO BABY IS GOING TO BE THAT DEFINED WHEN ITS THAT SMALL SORRY GUYS BUT ITS THE TRUTH

ONE THING I WOULD LIKE TO SEE DONE IS SOME SORT OF DNA ANALYSIS WHICH THEY CAN DO FROM TEETH BECAUSE DNA IS PROTECTED INSIDE THEM FOR CENTURIES

ANOTHER THING IS I WOULD LOVE TO SEE WHAT THE NEWSPAPER CLIPPINGS SAID IN MORE DETAIL AND ABOUT WHEN THE SKELETAL STRUCTURES WERE FIRST RECORDED TO BE FOUND....

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR UPDATE ON THAT SUBJECT....ABSOLUTELY AMAZING

IM STILL BLOWN AWAY BY THAT IF YOU DONT MIND I WOULD LOVE TO DO A YOUTUBE VIDEO ON THIS TOPIC SO ANY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THEM WUOLD BE GREAT....AND OF COURSE I WOULD NEED YOUR PERMISSION TO USE THE FACTS YOU FOUND IN IT....PLEASE LET ME KNOW

THANKS AGAIN

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

THE HOWEVER COMMENT....

YES THERE ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE ONE

THANKS FOR SHARING WHAT YOU KNOW...
AS FOR THE COMMENT ABOUT NOT LOOKING DIRECTLY AT THEM I WILL HAVE TO RESEARCH THAT TOPIC MORE I KNOW THAT PARANORMAL STATE WENT TO MOUNT PLEASANT TO INVESTIGATE

THEIR PSYCHIC OF SORTS NAMED CHIP (DONT KNOW IF YOU BELIEVE IN THEM BUT THIS ONE SEEMS TO BE THE REAL DEAL) PICKED UP SOME THINGS I FOUND INTERESTING

THEY WENT INTO UNDERGROUND BUNKERS AND IN ONE THAT SEEMS TO HAVE MANY SIGHTINGS...HE INSTANTLY PICKED UP EXTREME INTELLIGENCE...SIAD HIS MIND WAS WHIRRING AROUND IN CIRCLES SO FAST IT WAS HARD TO PICK UP ON THINGS BUT ONCE HE ASKED THE CREATURE TO SLOW DOWN THEY WERE ABLE TO ASK QUESTIONS AND GET SOME KIND OF ANSWER BACK ON CERTAIN ONES

THEY ASKED IF IT WAS HUMAN OR ANIMAL AND THE REPLY WAS SIMPLE: NEITHER AND BOTH

STRANGE AND CURIOUS....THEY DID NOT SEE IT BUT THEY DID PICK UP ON STRANGE FEELINGS AND THINGS LIKE THAT

MANY PEOPLE REPORTED SEEING IT WHEN THE BRIDGE COLLAPSED THERE AND THEY BLAME THE CREATURE LIKE ITS A BAD OMEN...HOWEVER THEY ASKED IF IT CAUSED THAT CATASTROPHY AND IT REPLIED: NO, WARNING

ON ANOTHER NOTE I DONT KNOW IF THE PHOTOS WERE DEBUNKED OR NOT BUT THERE ARE PICTURES OF A CREATURE VERY LARGE IN SIZE FLYIONG ABOUT WHEN THE TRADE CENTERS COLLAPSED

NOW THERE IS SPECULATION AND VERY GOOD ARGUMENTS THAT SAY THIS WAS AN INSIDE JOB....MORE OF A GOVERMENT DEMOLITION ON THE BUILDINGS IN ORDER TO CHANGE FOCUS FROM ONE THING TO THIS TRAGIC HAPPENING....I DONT REMEMBER EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE SHIFTING FOCUS FROM BUT I WILL LOOK FOR THAT LATER.

ANYWAYS IF THIS CREATURE IS TRYING TO WARN US OF BAD THINGS HAPPENING...MAYBE WE SHOULD HEED THEM AND BE CAUTIOUS IN THE GENERAL AREA OF THE SIGHTING

I DO KNOW OF OTHER REPORTS WHERE THEY SAY THIS THING FLEW NEXT TO THEM WHILE DRIVING THEIR CAR AND LOOKING DIRECTLY IN THEIR WINDOWS IT FIRGHTENED THEM AND THEY GAVE VERY DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS SO MAYBE SOME OUT THERE HAVE SEEN THIS THING DIRECTLY, WHATEVER IT MAY BE, AND NOT OUT OF THE CORNER OF THEIR EYE

THANKS FOR GIVING ME MORE INFO ON IT THOUGH ILL HAVE TO SEE IF I CAN'T DIG SOMETHING UP FOR YOU GUYS TO LATHER IN...

OH BUT RIGHT NOW I AM WORKING ON A TREAT OF SORTS FOR YOU GUYS TO KIND OF CELEBRATE THE COMING HOLIDAYS...I KNOW CHRISTMAS DOESNT APPLY TO SOME HERE BUT I THINK U'LL GET A LAUGH OUT OF IT REGARDLESS.....SORT OF LIKE A SERIES OF CHRISTMAS SONG SPOOFS LOL.....OK THEN BACK TO WORK I AM

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

ILL LOOK INTO THIS TOO AND SEE IF I CAN'T CONTACT SOMEONE I KNOW IN THE AREA TO SEE IF THEY WOULD BE WILLING TO DO SOME HANDS ON RESEARCH THERE....

THANKS FOR SHARING

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join