It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you have a folklore story you would like to share?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
oh yes i would also like to say that any lore pertaining to the so called "end of the world theory" would be great as well somehow i think there is a connection between that and the aliens as well...thanks again everyone

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousAlienResearcher
oh yes i would also like to say that any lore pertaining to the so called "end of the world theory" would be great as well somehow i think there is a connection between that and the aliens as well...thanks again everyone

Well if that's the case you might want to go look at this web site
Native American Prophecies

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousAlienResearcher

Thanks for your reply, I read a paper once that took all the Hill Figures, Crop Circles and locations such a Stone Henge ley lines and placed them all on a map with reference points - distances.. and it was facinating.. I'll look it up and post it as soon as I find it.

As for giants, I have always found it strange when you look at the Long man (he is 260ft tall) that his arms appear wrong to me, he's holding 2 staves in the 1710 version, which does not seem warlike enough to warrent a helmet, unless it is other worldly.. a similar image was found on some 4th century British coins..

i am really keen for them to do the ground scan on the Firle giant, as this would be a completly untouched and would at least show how it was originally meant to look and make dating that much easier... at the moment it can only been seen in fragments via infra red..

We shall see if some day someone does a full analysis of the site.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

here are a few different occasions: www.youtube.com...

That one is a know Portuguese fake, but I can post two stories from a Jacques Vallée book (a Portuguese version, with Portuguese UFO cases).

One of those stories was also told by my father's mother, so that's two sources for that one.

Just give me time to get the books and do a translation.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
i hope my post doesnt side-track the topic. while i've been writing this, i notice several replies that i havent read yet... but here is my entry...

This is (I think) my second or third post here. All you pros and grammar nazi’s… be gentle! Hahahaha!

Here is a wild story, at least its wild to me…
When I was about 8 yrs old, I lived in Bell, California. (I’ll throw out “real” details like places and names because I’m sure all parties are no-longer with us…) Anyways, like I said, I lived in Bell, California on Walker ave., right about the middle of the block between Gage ave. and Florence. “We” lived in a big house that had olive trees in the back and a fig yard to the north on the same side of the street. Behind our house and the Olive trees, on the same property was an apartment block of about 5 or 6 apartments. Our landlord, Frank Bruno, lived one property to the south of us (across a common driveway). He owned his house, the apartment block + plus our house, and the fig yard. He rented 2 apartments in the back, one to his son, and another to this really really old guy, which is where this story is going.
Frank used to give me a quarter to run items up to this guy. Usually it was plates of food, sometimes it was his mail or whatever. One day, after doing this for a few months, the old guy (Al??) invited me into his place. He scared the hell outta me. He looked bad, smelled bad, and he was always in his P-J’s. I knew this guy was knockin on death’s door soon, but a quarter is a quarter (at least it was back in the 70’s) and I was trying to save up for (don’t laugh…) a pair of ninja climbing claws that were for sale at a local head shop “Psychedelic Sounds” in Maywood, the next town over. So I step into his place and he says, wait right here… I have something for you, I figured it was something for me to hustle back to Frank So while I’m standing there for about a minute or 2, I can hear him rustling around in another room. I’m looking around his apartment... It was a total mess! Newpapers and magazines strategically stacked all around, bottles of medicine, and various trash and crap. So as I’m looking around, I notice his picture on the wall in uniform. I now know it was an Airforce uniform, but back then, all I knew was it was blue. Yes it had ribbons, but I really couldn’t tell you what they were or what rank he was.
So, he comes back into the living room and hands me this typical paperback book. (all you long time Sci-fi readers out there, I’m hoping you pick up on this and hopefully have a copy, as I never actually read it). The book which was all white, had a central circle of artwork on the front cover. In the circle was either a ¾ picture of the earth or the moon, I honestly can’t remember. It may have even had a small rocket ship next to the sphere. But what made this book unique was that the edge of the pages (on the 3 exposed sides) was dyed a medium blue, kinda like the gold gilding of a bible (no, I’m not religious BTW).
Anyhow, he hands me this book and I check it out. I can see it had something to do with space so it had to be cool right? and I was all into that at my age… G.I. Joe w/ eagle vision and J.J. Hands was sooo passé…after-all, Star Wars had just recently come out and that movie has pretty much shaped a life-long interest with several topics/forums here and has even followed me professionally. (I have been in aerospace since I was 14, I currently have an active TS and continue to work in the field, now at age 39). So while I’m looking at it, he starts to tell me that this is a “story”, but he knows that it’s actually true (at least I know he totally believed it). I didn’t understand what he meant at the time, but I kinda think I understand now and I still sit on the fence about the topic… I asked him what the book was about and he said it’s about a base on the moon built by the U.S. and the Russians “On the dark side of the moooon” as he put it. At the time, I really didn’t have a concept of who the “Russians” were, but as adamant as he was about the whole thing, I knew it was important and I was starting to think he was either a nut and that I should ease closer to the door or he was trying to tell me something he knew or believed in before he passed on. I can’t say if I do believe what he had to say. But that’s one of the reasons I’ve held an interest in these topics and have been lurking these boards for years. Is this a folk story? I don’t know… what I would like to know (now that I’m older…) is, who that old guy was and what he really did in the service AND since the book had no pictures, and was probably beyond my comprehension, I lost track of it. Can anyone out there dig through their personal collection and produce it or at least remember and relay what it was about? I’m writing this at work, hopefully I haven’t repeated myself or abused the common use of the comma! Hahaha!

I’m open to questions

Thanks for your time.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
... these little people called nunnapees. I'm spelling that phonetically because I don't know if there's a real spelling for it.
Anyway, they're little people who make their homes in river banks. They're usually mischievious, horribly fast, and hairy. I've met plenty of indians who swear they've seen these little guys.

This post brought to mind a character of Scottish (Orkney) folklore that I encountered for the first time recently in a novel I happened to be reading. It is called a Nuckelavee (alternate spelling 'Nuckalavee). It is described as being far more fearsome in appearance and behavior than a 'nunapee'. It, like the nunapee has associations with bodies of water.

The following link provides a good description and tale featuring this creature:
www.monstopedia.org

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GoneGrey

Just Last week I posted NE American Legend that also falls in the Little people stories (GEOW-LUD-MO-SIS-EG ) you can find that one here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Hey what do know this old red skin is just full of stories... well full of something right

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DayCo15

RIGHT NOW I HAVE ONE TOPIC FOR QUESTIONS:
1 ABOUT WHAT SIZE WAS THE BOOK?
2 WHAT KIND OF ARTWORK WAS IN THE CIRCLE?
3 WAS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT YOU NOTICED ABOUT IT
4 WAS THE 3/4 EARTH IN THE CIRCLE OR OUTSIDE OF IT

THE REASON I AM ASKING IS BECAUSE I HAVE LOOKED AND I CANT FIND THIS BOOK YOU DESCRIBE SO I AM HOPING TO RECREATE THE IMAGE CAPTURED ON THE FRONT TO MAYBE SPARK A MEMORY AND FIND THE ACTUAL TITLE

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU NEED....AS LONG AS ITS ACCURATE I CAN GIVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD AND THANKS FOR TELLING ME THAT THE PORTUGUESE VIDEO WAS A FAKE, I HAVE A GOOD FRIEND THAT IS PORTUGUESE AND IM GOING TO SEE IF HE REMEMBERS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS STORY OR ANYTHING PERTAINING TO IT THANKS AGAIN

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
My great grandparents both claim to have seen blue and green saucer shaped objects in the sky several times where they lived in rural Georgia.

This was back in the 1940's. They claimed that the objects could zip around at different angles and seemed to have the lights at the bottom.

According to my great grandparents their neighbors also saw these objects.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by elaine]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well, if by 'folklore', IT HAS TO BE A cryptid or something all we had was a 'wog'
A dog, pig thing that 'got' mean naughty children. I didn't believe in it.
Anyway,.........
My GrandDaddy told me a funny story I never forgot, he had a LOT of them (none were trash talk)
So, he said he was out plowing the garden with his mule (thats mostly what he used)
and it was a Really stubborn mule.
It was also SO HOT that the corn started popping on the stalks and the mule thought it was snowing and laid down and froze to death....lol

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
ok i have come up with the best thing possible with the description i have so far as to the cover of this book....let me know if im close and what if anything i need to change...thanks so much...
heres the link

s692.photobucket.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I'm in southern Oklahoma, but I've heard of them all over. They're short, stocky, and hairy. They run very fast. I've heard of them taking things like shoes and what not.

They build their houses in catfish holes in the side of creek and riverbeds.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

There is folklore and evidence of similar or perhaps the same "proto-pygmies" along the White River, in Indiana. Where the river runs through the Mounds State Park. The locals call them Puckwudgies there. The Delaware people described accounts of their dealings with them to early trapper settlers. The park contains fascinating mounds that demonstrate an amazing knowledge of astronomy by those who built them. They may have been there before the Hopewell and Adena people inhabited the area. There were once caves in the river cliffs of the park that have been blasted shut. There are many legends and even recent accounts of these type of beings throughout the U.S. and Canada. Very cool.
There is definitely enough information available to make a good film. I'm suprised it hasn't been done yet. Anyone up for some Puckwudgie hunting?

[edit on 11-12-2009 by 2compelled]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 2compelled

lol now now lets not get hasty....i would love to ba able to take some time to investigate some of these things however when you have children and no babysitter, it makes it hard soooo...ill have to wait a while thats actually why i have all these threads up so i can do complete research of different aspects before i dive in head first....thanks for the extra info on that tale though

ON A SIDE NOTE I WILL ANSWER EACH OF YOUR POSTS ASAP....BEEN QUICKER THAN ME I GUESS LOL....ITS TIME FOR BREAKFAST NOW

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by elaine

how strange...thanks for this reply, ill see if there was anything in the newspapers about that

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

Well if that's the case you might want to go look at this web site
Native American Prophecies

thanks ill be looking into those a tad later...in a bit of a rush now though

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot

I'm in southern Oklahoma, but I've heard of them all over. They're short, stocky, and hairy. They run very fast. I've heard of them taking things like shoes and what not.

They build their houses in catfish holes in the side of creek and riverbeds.

wow it seems ive been left out of the loop on this one lol....they seem to be all over the place with several different names....i wonder if anyone has come across remains of these creatures...guess that will be a nice shread of proof....now the gears in my head are turning

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

is this a serious tale or a joke? im having trouble figuring that out

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

yes more research definitely needs to be done i am going to see if i can maybe contact a local radio host there to broadcast for someone to do just that...and maybe pass a movement that will restore it back to its original figure

i also noticed the arms looked akward and am eager to see the full image of it/him so you are not alone on that one...maybe the staves actually depict something else....maybe its not war-like at all...it could be symbolic for some reason i am going to see what else i can dig up about this topic

i do know that europe was in fact plagued by some kind of war of the worlds type thing that has been documented on 2 seperate occasions between two seperate alien races...i will have to double check exact places/times for that but maybe it had something to do with that....if not im at a total loss for an answer at this point

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join