It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you have a folklore story you would like to share?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

OH BUT RIGHT NOW I AM WORKING ON A TREAT OF SORTS FOR YOU GUYS TO KIND OF CELEBRATE THE COMING HOLIDAYS...I KNOW CHRISTMAS DOESNT APPLY TO SOME HERE BUT I THINK U'LL GET A LAUGH OUT OF IT REGARDLESS.....SORT OF LIKE A SERIES OF CHRISTMAS SONG SPOOFS LOL.....OK THEN BACK TO WORK I AM

here is the first one i have another one coming shortly....and sorry about the static...the second one wont have that in it...but regardless here you are...hope you enjoy:
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 17-12-2009 by asala]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

now there is speculation and very good arguments that say this was an inside job....more of a goverment demolition on the buildings in order to change focus from one thing to this tragic happening....i dont remember exactly what they were shifting focus from but i will look for that later.

here are a few videos from youtube explaining a little better what is the speculations

www.youtube.com.../u/658/kzwwbbx0t1c

www.youtube.com.../u/629/q9ko0_liy9q

www.youtube.com.../u/498/voo5am7fzw8

www.youtube.com.../u/410/rnt3p4ks58q

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

i am still conferring with a source i have that is explaining what exactly the 9/11 attacks are said to have been covering up....ill update you when i get the proper information

for those that want to know more on skull n bones here u go:

www.youtube.com.../u/502/lpm-ot2isug

www.youtube.com.../u/452/dgswpwbqz-e

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

still looking for more on this topic that relates more to initiation and the use of the skull itself and what it symbolizes within this secret society...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
watching the albino farm movie now will be back to poat about it asap!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
ok ive watched the movie....not the best ive seen but hey im not a critic here

the reality of this story is shocking...kinda reminded me of the hills have eyes....as in things like disfigurements and cave dwellings of sorts.....

but its strange to think that things like that could happen....to see that a whole town is possibly inflicted with some sort of physical malformity whether it be blindness, being deaf, or something more apt to be seen such as broken bones, cleft lip, hump back....i think it was the bible verse leviticus (sp??) 21:16 that was significant in this film....dont know what kind of connection it has to the real legend but hey ill bite...

anyways very strange indeed to see that this could very feasibly have happened in such a small town....what i would like to know is exactly the thing they wanted to find out in the movie.....what are the exact roots of this legend?

how did it originiate?
have there been survivors of such things?
was there any kind of newspaper articles written about it?
what exactly brought these humanoids to the area that was there?
why that town?
what is significant about this place in general?
has the actual cavern where the experiments took place ever been explored or found?
is there possibly military invovlement in this such story?
could it possibly be some strange experiment from the government that was set out or escaped from captivity and started experimenting and breeding on their own?
have any strange things been reported recently or has it just vanished with time because of the structures crumbling

ill leave you to think on that while i get ready to out the kids down for naps

(Mod edit - All caps)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousAlienResearcher

20 years ago when I was a teen ager, it was still a fresh story.

I spoke with my grandmother she claims to know the lady that was the mother of the albino...she was a black lady named "Hattie"

My grandfather fished with the father, no help there, my grandfather has pasted on.

As far as I know there was no events ever happen besides just ppl not understanding and making up/speculating about things they knew nothing of.
And eventually turning into something of a tourist site.

These ppl have researched it better than I can...
springfieldparanormal.net...

My grandmother says that the ppl she knew lived close to there and that the actual farm, became a "holding place" for these strange white/pink eyed ppl.. that it was kind of a place for oddities, birth defects and the likes, I tend to think there was only an albino that got ridiculed there.
Whether or not he lived there or worked on the farm or was sent there...is and will be unknown..I guess.

I know the place was built prior to the civil war and that it's owner had ties to Fort Oreilley in Springfield...the highest tech facilty for medical operations in the nation at the time. "during the civil war"

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

wow....thanks for that i guess i have one question for you....puttin the movie and stories aside what do you feel went on there? basically where do you draw the line between truth and fiction?

the reason i ask is because you living there would make your opinion and feelings important

thanks again fir your time

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Just specualation....
But, Springfield is the middle of the bible belt, and many were/are of southern teachings....very racial beliefs
Hope I don't get flamed for that .

I really think it was nothing more than one individual, that was misunderstood out of ignorance, and stories got made up from there.

As to whether the child/young man was a member of the household or a worker, or captive of some sorts....I don't care to guess.
Slavery was rampent then and it was close to the beginning of our civil war.
There used to be shackles, and chains in one of the out buildings, and yes they appeared to be for ppl.
So about anything could go overlooked or be highlighted to redirect local attention away from the actual issues, much like todays gov't.

I think the large # of spook stories that come from this area, was directly related to the religious undertones of the time, and after the war, they stuck, and are still embeded in a large part of the ppl still here.

There is an attorny making a case about the movie, due to it being racial, and his child is an albino....I think he's local too?
Not sure he was not one of the decendants of the original homestead?
Or somehow was affiliated.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

i found it on google earth but sadly i cant see anything when i zoom in too much it just distorts everything and the trees seem to be very dense in that area however there are pictures posted at these coordinates:

37°16'16.36"n, 93°16'19.98"w
elevation was 368 meters.....
not much but at least enough to say that yes indeed the film was made there or at least they spent some massive amount of time there researching for building a look alike facility elsewhere

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

i too hope you dont get flamed for speaking truths of the town you are in...if they do i will make sure it is dealt with accordingly....

on another note i greatly appreciate your opinion and most researchers seem to agree with you on the fact that its just some twisted story spun out of control over one misunderstood individual....

i again thank you for your time and contribution here was a nice story none the less....one more question if you dont mind....

you sparked my interest with the pygmy thing....do you know what they looked like exactly?

just curious i guess....

thanks again for your time

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

one more side note....since slavery was rampent then it is entirely possible the shackles were for mere punishment ofthe slaves.....there isnt any thing saying otherwise soooo....there is a bit of speculation on my part

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

If you go to the movies web site they tell you is was not filmed at the site and the property owner refused to have anything to do with it!

Only a small piece was filmed in MO. close to Springfield...forget where.
I knew nothing of the movie until yesterday while researching for a post on your thread. But I did read it all, there is a lot of info. on the movies site!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

ok thanks so much

i feel sorry for the people that are directly inflicted by these rumors.....sad how ones kids attempt to mock a being can be misconstrued so much

my condolences to those souls

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
and one more thing before i leave today.....

i got letters back from two observatories here and one says it was nothing more than a mere meteor shower

and the second one says they were gasses that materialize in space and send matter shooting in opposite directions

the funny thing is that the first one doesnt make sense....meteor showers dont just appear and then disappear repeatedly and make sharp turns or blink

the gas theory seems more plausible but im still not buying into that one for these reasons

i never heard of gas just appearing or using matter for projectiles

besides that projectiles dont make sharp turns either

and as far as i knew they didnt blink

the biggest thing that puzzles me is the fact that whatever these things in the sky were that night were able to change tier speed drastically in a seconds time

i await the third letter in hopes they can provide me with a better explanation

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by anonymousalienresearcher
and one more thing before i leave today.....

i got letters back from two observatories here and one says it was nothing more than a mere meteor shower

and the second one says they were gasses that materialize in space and send matter shooting in opposite directions

the funny thing is that the first one doesnt make sense....meteor showers dont just appear and then disappear repeatedly and make sharp turns or blink

the gas theory seems more plausible but im still not buying into that one for these reasons

i never heard of gas just appearing or using matter for projectiles

besides that projectiles dont make sharp turns either

and as far as i knew they didnt blink

the biggest thing that puzzles me is the fact that whatever these things in the sky were that night were able to change tier speed drastically in a seconds time

i await the third letter in hopes they can provide me with a better explanation

oops sry guys wrong thread.....lmao

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousAlienResearcher
I FEEL SORRY FOR THE PEOPLE THAT ARE DIRECTLY INFLICTED BY THESE RUMORS.....
You should also feel sorry for those that have to read your posts made with ALL CAPS.

Stop doing it, please, it's very annoying and it's like you are shouting at all other people.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

reply to post by TheNewKid

thanks for sharing your stories and welcome aboard this thread....

that said i think the last story of your mothers personal account is intriguing....it is commonly said that aliens are nothing other than demons but the two, in my mind, differ greatly....now im not sure about this but i do know that in some native cultures people are known to practice "magic" for a fee.....some were there to put curses or hexes on people others were there to help rid people of those curses by praying to the SAME 12 gods or spirits....i am interested to know if your mother had mentioned anything about some one that may have disliked her in any way around or before that time...this person would probably want to see what was happening to your mother when all of her problems were happening...possibly someone that offered to help....just a theory here but i am interested none the less...thanks again for your submission here and i hope u have a great day

I'm not sure about the 12 gods/spirits but my mother has told me how people would get into black magic. What would happen is that they would swear an oath to a 'master of black magic', and then they would spend a few nights in a graveyard sleeping there performing some sort of ritual alongisde the master. I'm not sure if it was someone disliking her but I have heard that people can pay the magician to put curses/hexes on others.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I FEEL SORRY FOR THE PEOPLE THAT ARE DIRECTLY INFLICTED BY THESE RUMORS.....
You should also feel sorry for those that have to read your posts made with ALL CAPS.

Stop doing it, please, it's very annoying and it's like you are shouting at all other people.

Thanks in advance.

lmao i was just asked the same thing by another person in another thread and i will tell you the same thing i told them....

while i am sorry for the fact that most people consider caps to be sceaming...
i am in fact not screaming...i host tournaments online and we have to use caps in the game rooms....
most times its just habit and i dont even think about it...but i will do my best to watch so i dont have people think im yelling all the time.....

again i apologize

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNewKid

yes yes yes yes yes....thats exactly what i was talking about.....they pick a master from one of these 12 gods.....and people pay for curses and hexes but there is another side thats black magic using the same 12 for good and getting rid of curses or hexes....

but regardless....the story intrigues me very much......
you said the witch put a necklace on your mother....how long was it there for? i mean was it a few minutes or days? that was one thing i could not establish from reading your first post and i ahve read it over and over....

idk y but that detail seems significant for some reason.....

thanks again for your post

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Cloro

IM STILL BLOWN AWAY BY THAT IF YOU DONT MIND I WOULD LOVE TO DO A YOUTUBE VIDEO ON THIS TOPIC SO ANY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THEM WUOLD BE GREAT....AND OF COURSE I WOULD NEED YOUR PERMISSION TO USE THE FACTS YOU FOUND IN IT....PLEASE LET ME KNOW...

THANKS AGAIN

Well the actual info is in spanish, and i don't know if you should trust the e-translators if you dont know them... i could do a translation and put in the original link if u want to.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

i dont trust them and yes i would greatly appreciate that if you wouldnt mind.....thanks so much

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join