It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An American Soldiers Perspective, My Perspective

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I PERSONALLY spoke with the people in Iraqi, NOT the high officials safe and cozy in there office, but the people that are living off of garbage and are afraid to even walk to the market because there afraid of being terrorized into placing bombs in the road to kill Americans.

Hmm the Iraqi people are afraid to be recruited for purposes of getting rid of the you.......makes absolute sense huh. You put your name on the paper, dont blame anyone but yourself. Sure, your doing your country a favour, but the question is who in your country are you doing the favour for. WWII, the soldiers would kick a ball across to the opposing enemy trenches back and fourth. They were the ones fighting, but they had no motive except for a few political men above them. No man signs up to conquer, but to defend. Somehow a twist has been put to that statement.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeoplesSoldier
THANK YOU!! FINALY SOMONE GETS IT!!!
Its about protecting the soldiers because they dont know or see the big picture.

Which does not invalidate the purpose your first post; however, is most important to remember to the fullest of our individual capability to effectively secure the well-being of those who move our hearts; you know friends/family.etc..

The idea being that we avoid the running over of innocent people in achieving that goal; which I believe you practice to the best of your ability.

The masses are the equivalent of two cats whose tails have been tied together by some-one that would not want the cats to comprehend that.

All they know is being a good soldier, and keeping thier friends alive. THATS IT!

I believe I heard you say that in your very first post. I believe you have a sincere desire to do well in such a bad environment; and in the heat of it all you are quite aware that your team is counting on your assistance.

In the coming days of marshal law, the stakes will be high, and the numbers of those attempting to retain their rights will be too few to empower your resistance, should you choose not to dis-empower the American citizens.

We have both agreed that that would be a very unfortunate day. You are aware that Obama called for a, "civilian national security force"? Here:
www.infowars.com...

Edit to add: That's the same thing Hitler did; again.

A lot of people have good reason to be concerned when the police/authorities, are using ever increasingly harsh tactics to control/contain the population that does stand up; [They have been given good reason now more than ever for their concerns].

To put it simply: They see it coming. Unfortunately, I do too. Thus my reasonable concern about your stance.. Life is a learning process; just because so many civilians don't have power over the government forces, does that make them less valuable?

The original premise of, "service" was to protect the well-being of the citizens of the nation..

Edit to add: Specific answers, "to me" are not important. Never tip your hand.

No consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

I am always torn when reading and knowing of stories like your own. My heart goes out to you for what you have had to endure. The vast majority of those people that see war up close and personal are those that have fewer advantages..they enlist seeking education, stability or to carry on family tradition and for those reasons I am empathetic.

I have never thought keeping the peace anywhere in the world required force...it only requires understanding. And I can not help but think that those that volunteer themselves for war perpetuate the violence.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
all i gotta say is HOOOOAH!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hello I am new to the site this is only my second post... Anyway, I really enjoyed this thread and it's always good to take a situation from different angles. The soldiers perspective is something which is definately missing from the mainstream media. I haven't seen too many interviews with vets on the news.

However in the OP the statements 'Please stop ridiculing those who choose to not be put in prison and take care of their family’s instead' and 'In a recent article I read that soldiers are nothing but baby killers and disserve to be imprisoned'
I thought these were kind of pointless... By this I mean I literally couldn't imagine why anyone would give you any abuse. Then I read Omegalogos’ first reply.

There are obviously a shed load of soldiers who don't believe in these wars but rules and regulations being what they are, they do what they are told. The army definately appears an attractive career as it offers alot of security, stability and benefits particularly during peaceful times, but thats an easily refuted illusion. Moreso now than ever before, we've seen what those who hold the power are capable of involving us all in.
ATS is a strange and wonderful place! Apologies for rambling, wait till I start my own threads...
Cheers to ThePeoplesSoldier

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

Where have you been throughout this whole process.... sitting behind a computer taking a reactive approach instead of being proactive! Throwing out insults only shows your lack of tact and honor!!!

Get off your high horse and do something about the situation.... you whine as well as you cut and paste!

People join the Armed Forces for many reasons, but one of them is to serve and protect! That is an honorable reason and even YOU cannot deny that! Get with the program!!!

rgseymour

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rgseymour

A lack of diplomacy in light of the fact that he has some good facts, but immediately setting people on their defensive, his points will likely not be heard.

One thing the PTBs have over us is the gaps we have within our culture. Great thing for TPB to monopolize on is our different perspectives; so that while we are all basically saying the same things the meaning is twisted.

It will take some powerfully good individuals to come together and remove them from their position; and I gotta admit that I do not see that coming.

No consequencE..

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by doped00
I really do want to thank you and all the soldiers. I mean no disrespect, but with that said...

I respect you because your heart is in the right place wanting to fight for freedom it's just that your soul is with the devil. (the government) I mean, yeah the every day Iraqi might love you there, but for every enemy your killing your also killing 1,2, maybe 3 innocent civillians? Who can know?

I had the chance to join the Navy, but I opted out because of the very same reason you listed about what happens if you don't follow orders. They own you. Period. If the time every comes for martial law and all that #, your SOL because they got you. You don't follow their orders you don't eat, your wife doesn't eat, and worst of all your new kid doesn't eat.

How could I let an organization called the government, as shady, greedy, and corrupt as they are, control me like that? I would need to trust them full heartedly and know their intentions pure and good and not tainted. There is just to much shadiness with the government and I did not want them providing for my food and shelter because that gives them to much control.

This is my opinion, but I do respect you.

Much love

[edit on 8-12-2009 by doped00]

I see where your coming from here. I spent time in the Marine Corps then worked for the Govy until I could no longer respect myself as the person and Marine that I thought I was. Since the first Gulf war when I was just a kid I knew that we really had no reason to be there, yet I joined anyway. Not to go to war or kill, but to serve my country that I love more then anything else. I love what our FLAG stands for and I love and respect the people that spilled their blood for the safety and freedoms that our flag represents. When I was 17 i couldn't let my growing spite for our leadership stop me from serving, and if I could do it again I would in an instant(I was medically discharged after 6 years so going back in isn't an option). Personally, I just don't agree with not serving your country because of your personal feelings towards the government. If you love the United States and are grateful for your way of life, you should serve.

One of my favorites: "Evil thrives when good men do nothing".

I wish people would take that into consideration BEFORE throwing stones.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

First. Thank you. Your service is deeply appreciated. I hope you are able to ignore those who get their jollies by hiding behind their keyboards and spouting off insults. Consider the source. Know that, if ever they are forced into a situation, like those you bravely confront daily, they would cower in the corner, wimpering like a child and soiling their pants.

Now, sir. You just finish your tour, get your butt home and raise that boy of yours to be a shining example of a man, like his father.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I am eagerly waiting for the "Smart Soldier" to be brought into circulation. Maybe they will know more about what they are actually fighting for and the political stance that the Government, within their Government, is taking.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The average John Q tax payer probably couldn't pull a trigger if they HAD to. What you have done is a great service to not only your country, but the world. I have a lot of family that have served and I respect them for their sacrifice. I make it a point to thank any returning vet from any theater. Its been like this for all of time, we must gather where the evil is.

But I end with this.

"War, war never changes."

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
9/11 did a really good job to get men and women in America to enlist and to defend America drawing on a built in patriotic duty. An entire forum is dedicated to 9/11 being a false flag operation, how would soldiers feel if they discovered this to be true for an absolute certainty? Currently is is not, nor is it likely to be found to be in the near future.

But if you knew it was for certain, then how would any of you feel about going to Iraq or Afghanistan, based on a lie?
Would you still follow your orders?

My point is America's foreign policy is based on the Bush doctrine via 9/11.
From my perspective it's a lie, how do soldiers fight for and die for a lie?

However I do understand once your in it you have to try to survive the best you can, I do empathize with that.

It's really sad that the modern infantry man/woman is the lowliest slave to the TPTB, who's life can be used and discarded at will. It depresses me thinking about it.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I sometimes can't believe what I read on this website, the attitudes some of you have towards our soldiers are absolutely terrible. How dare you insult them by calling them murderers and the works.

Even if they aren't fighting for your freedoms as some of you are speculating, a majority of them think they are. They do it because they love this country, and they love what it stands for. Sure, you occasionally get the young, naive soldier who's going out to, "Kick some ass!" But he/she will soon realize after joining that that's not what the military is about.

You can deny these soldiers are fighting for your freedoms, fine. But please don't be so ignorant as to deny the fact that if a lot of countries had the power to destroy the United States they would. The truth is, a lot of you are very uneducated about the wars we're fighting in general. You learn what you hear on the news, or read in the papers/magazine, or read on this website. Get an education, really learn about the pasts of different countries around the world. Learn about how everything is ever so slightly connected, and once you've learned everything you can, then make a decision. Please quit spewing your ignorance to the world, for God's sake. Support our troops because they are there for you, whether your big headed selves like to admit it or not.

I'm finally graduating from college after a long, tiring, but amazing career in the military. And let me say, after over 20 years in my specific position, no one in my team so much as harmed a civilian in any country. And the truth is, I know I've helped people. I know I've saved lives, and I know I've improved the quality of life for many people. I'm proud of what I've done, who I've killed, who I've saved because in the end, I am positive I did the right thing.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Well said and Welcome Home, Soldier.
I did my stint in Grenada, nasty little affair.
Quick and to the point though it was, we still had to deal.
I know ALL ABOUT getting orders from "heaven".
We were supposed to actvate for a 2 week det to Cold Lake, Canada.
Came back from the pre-Grenada with some serious.
Love my brothers that post, we real Patriots are with it, screw the fags.
And for those that don't, can't, won't go, that is not a perjorative meant for homosexuals, it is simply what we called cowards.
The p.c. in me is screaming to tell me to add that I served proudly alongside many of the said "persuasion", but screw you haters.
If you didn't go, shut the hell up.
PC bs aside, orders come at any time.
My 22 YO daughter is waiting for hers, my friends son is on alert, the people that refuse to go are always the most brave. And I got a coupla bridges....
OUT
AMH-2, LAUGHING-CAT

[edit on 12/8/2009 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
OmegaLogos said: "As for me being willing to fight, kill and or die for a cause, well I chased my mum around the house with some carving knives with the full intent of her being butchered and consumed by myself at the age of 15 because she lied to me, and this MONSTEROUS attitude of mine has resulted in me being considered not fit for duty by the Australian armed forces."

Whoa! Thank you for letting us know your mental condition so we can better understand the vitriol of your post(s). You sound like a serial killer to me. I hope the authorities have you on their radar.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have no respect for any aggressor in a war. Guess what these soldiers are considered? Regardless if they are taking orders, they are free to do as they please. Why is it that the police are so hated amongst many communities? Because they are loyal to their leaders and not to the people they protect.

If a group of people were to protest and rise against this regime and the military were called in, you think they will treat you like a citizen? Would they lay down their arms for the cause or would they bully you like the police do.

They are not helping this country, in fact, they are hurting this country by draining the taxpayer's money. If these wars were justifiable, than I would be in line praising these "heroes". These wars were not justifiable, so no one deserves a kudos.

You guys could hail a bully all you want, when they turn on you would you still hail?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT

screw the fags.
And for those that don't, can't, won't go, that is not a perjorative meant for homosexuals, it is simply what we called cowards.

Spoken like a true soldier...

What trailer park did they recruit you from.?...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon
reply to post by WickedStar

For argument's sake, is a Mafia hit-man responsible for murder? After all, he's really just following orders from higher-ups in the Mafia.. And if he refuses, he will be executed by the Mafia. Same with the concentration camp executioners which we executed for following orders, right?

Our criminal justice system has no problem imprisoning hit-men and we had no problem executing concentration camp employees and related soldiers.

The idea that soldiers aren't responsible for their individual actions is a very collectivist mentality that goes against the principles of individuality, and by corollary against the principles of freedom. I hate to use the word irony a lot, but that's what many soldiers claim to be defending.

All higher-ups did was look into a TV camera and talk about the conflicts or write words about the conflicts on paper. None of them are actually toting guns.

The families of the people we've killed probably consider writing words on a piece of paper with a pencil less of a travesty than dismembering their family members with guns and bombs. Although, I could be completely wrong here, maybe pencils wage more wars than guns and bombs. Yeah, nations can be invaded with pencils, right?

If a soldier invades a country that hasn't threatened our freedoms then isn't he really a bad person if you judge his individual actions?

Sake of argument here, not necessarily my beliefs.

[edit on 12/8/09 by RedDragon]

I understand the point you're making here.
Do I support soldiers who rape? No. Do I support soldiers who murder children in the street? No. Do I support soldiers who break into homes and murder whole families? Of course not.

I do support soldiers who go to war - where ever they may be, to protect my right to have this conversation with you. Do I support war? No, but I also understand that untill we can evolve as a human race beyond our need for power, wars will happen. I only hope that we can reach that point before we kill ourselves.
But let me also state that there are vast vast differences between soldier-thugs who commit the crimes mentioned above and the good ones who go to war with the intent to protect their country, countrymen AND TO PRESERVE LIFE. Beyond that - I can't really speak. I've never been to war\. I've never seen the horrors that it betrays. I've not served my country and I know that the OP enlisted for many different reasons. But if he's the kind of guy I think he is, he also enlisted so that I'll never have to. For that, I am eternally greatful.

[edit on 12/8/09 by WickedStar for clarification]

[edit on 12/8/09 by WickedStar]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WickedStar

There is a difference between protecting the rights and freedoms of your country, and fighting an endless war. Using your own logic, what rights is he help protect? And, how?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
First I would like to say...

• You signed the paper, I don't want to hear you complain about anything you have experienced. Joining the Military isn't going to be a trip to chucky cheeses with free benefits.

• Well to be straight forward and honest, I don't believe you about them thanking you.

• Don't ever, EVER say those who don't join the military aren't brave. Some of us are simply intelligent enough to see its not an even fight, nor is it worth fighting.

Joining the military is getting in bed with the criminals.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join