It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An American Soldiers Perspective, My Perspective

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
America is heading down a road that dead ends; not because, "we couldn't run it right". It's because it [the world] is simply controlled by those who have the money, as you have of course heard banks are really controlling world interests collectivly.

It's a damn tv show where too many good people die, and the bad ones are protected in their lofty/safe/separate positions.

Time continues; and they continue getting thicker in number, putting the weight of their support on the backs of the people they are suppose to be benevolently leading. I believe you understand that.

OP; the only sensible questions that I can come up with is: Where are you going to be when, "the sh*t hits the fan" here; U.S.A.? Do you intend to be one of the, "oath keepers"? Because it's going to hit the fan. Or are you going to stand with the government against the population.

Do not answer if you do not wish. I wouldn't reveal that last one either way. Up to you. I'm just saying it's on its' way.

No consequencE..

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I like your enthusiasm for truth however I must tell you that I am a man of morals. I would never do anything that I believe to be moraly incorrect and agenst the law. That being said with me being a Law Enforcement Officer and also a Soldier, I would stand behind any action I have EVER taken while in the service. I WILL seek out your other post mearly for the fun of attempting to debunk some of your points of view with personal training and experiance. Our paths shall cross again... you can count on that friend.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by noconsequence

On that I will only say this. I will do what I have to too protect my family, but I will NEVER do anything that is UNConstitutional. I guess your question really can't be answered until it happens. If I find myself back home out of the military the answer is simple. I will protect that which means most to me. If I find myself in the military and I am being ordered to take arms agenst Americans... welllll that will be decided when the time comes. If we are reduced to that it will be an ugly day.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeoplesSoldier
If we are reduced to that it will be an ugly day.

Hmm. Sadly it will be. I would like to believe that I have done my best through my life to secure the well-being of, "those that arE" the ones that move my heart. I love good people.

I am aware that my concerns are legitimate, concerning the situation in the Earth. The world powers are raising themselves much higher above the common folk; and their agenda will be/is effecting the world. Good luck.

It's not what you've seen, so much as it is, "that you've seen".

No consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

Explanation: I too am a man of morals, some of which are clearly amoral and immoral from certain specific POV's and so the question becomes not one of specific morality but one of general VALIDITY as measured by an independant objective standard. I'm legally insane and dangerous but that POV doesn't make me stupid where as my actions might just show me up there. I'm no expert and I'm not perfect in a moral sense so I look forward to you denying my ignorance!

Personal Disclosure: I'd woah up on the friend thing a bit as we've only just met and I would qualify you only as a fellow member of ATS and a very recent associate and will accord you that respect until a recalibration is required and I emplore you to do likewise so as to curb any misunderstandings OK.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Here's my take...
TPTB have been sending in and out of that region since 1979...
I have some rather unpleasant memories of Lebanon and Iraq... but I have met a great deal of what anyone would call Normal folks...

Here's the thing in every part of the world I've ever been too 99% of the people Ive encounter are just like you and me...

they all want the same things out of life too... raise a family and hopefully there kids well grow to have a better life than we their parents... we are alike in our struggle through life we don't really care about ideologies or politics we're to busy trying to make our way through the would and don't really need others making our lives complicated.

It's that 1% that screams about how America is Satan and is all that's wrong with the world... that 99% of rather normal people would just assume move to the states where they might make their dreams of that better life come true....

You rarely hear from us the normal people we're to busy taking care of our families and making a living... what most people see and hear is that hard-line crazy wild eyed 1% On both sides of the fence...Why? they make for better ratings on the evening news...

[edit on 8-12-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Wow! The humility of your last two posts is moving; particularly the first of the last two. You might be a really sincere person. Good for you.

And I admit, that I have an extreme disdain for those who position themselves in opposition of the race, because of their own ignorance/lack of life/hardships experience, and just plain evil hearts.. So we are in agreement there; clearly..

Edit to add: DaddyBare, that is very good news to me.. Thank you.

No consequencE..

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

First of all, I would like to thank you for serving in the army and defending the oil companies interests. If this war never happened who knows what kind of prices we would be paying for oil.

As an Iraqi, I will safely say that conditions used to be much better when Saddam was in charge. Having been to Iraq to visit family in recent times, I could safely say how much worse it has gotten. More people living on the street and living in poverty. My aunts area used to be a great area, it was a booming area, until the war happened.

I understand you have a job to do and you must do it without questioning orders. But don't you think that you're fighting a resource war? I mean Saddam's weapons of mass destruction would have barely scratched the surface of Iran, yet it is worth an invasion?

I will tell you why you are fighting this war. To secure the oil fields so that prices stay high across the world. If Saddam was in charge of Iraq, I guarantee that he would have undercut the whole market to make more money than the competition. That is why he was a threat.

My friend, as much as I appreciate you fighting this war you are the attacker and not the defender. I have no sympathy for guys pushing the agenda of big corporate snakes.

Where are we now? Countries are in debt, taxpayers must pay big time. I guess we could look at the bright side of all this, companies like Halliburton, Exxon, Lockheed Martin, Titan, CACI, etc. are all doing great! Thanks a million.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Equinox99]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Thank you for posting, for this is one of the main reasons I desided to start posting on here after months of reading.

I totaly agree with you life was better in Iraq before the war. Many of the people I worked with told me that flat out. HOWEVER, this post is not about the reasons of going to war. It is mearly for the protection of the soldiers that are fighting it. Soldiers do not see the big picture like oil and money. All they see is a Sergeant (me) yelling in their face to keep their God damn head down or its gunna get shot off. The Sergeant sees his Commander tell him to take a hill or a building, what the commander sees I do not know, ask one. Simply put im just saying we dont see or care about the politics we mearly want to preserve life, and freedome.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Being a resource war, you gotta wonder, "where are these resources going?". Since the resources do exist, "whose getting them?" These are legitimate questions.

When I hear these people talking about a hum that they hear without knowing where it originates, I think of Deep underground military installations; and the hum/rumbling, is actually a big tunneling machine.

Whether it is or not, who knows.

Again; the answer isn't to fight the puppets, so much as those in control of the puppets. Though the puppets will still most likely come into play. There I go getting red/black listed again!

No consequencE..

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Explanation: Seriously

Personal Disclosure: I find myself for once allowing a direct ad hominen upon me, reversed as it is!
Praise is a form of flattery I'm usually immune to, but I'm an aussie and I have to agree when someones calling a spade a spade, even when that spade is me and although I can't ethically self assess and blow my own trumpet validly, its sure nice to be correctly identified from my actions!
St*r for you.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I understand and respect your rebuttal. You must also understand that the military needs some sort of ethical instruction. It is unethical to question your superiors, but if your superiors are unethical what does that make you?

You can't question orders, you leader can't question order, then who the hell is going to stand up for us?! The same goes with police officers. You chose to be robots, robots don't get any sympathy.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
You chose to be robots, robots don't get any sympathy.

You're coming across pretty strong there. As though you are there and your family just got killed while a battle/attack was occurring. Could you please clarify your purposes from your perspective, to enlighten us concerning your experiences?

It's none of my business; but I would also like to know whether you are Muslim or not.

Edit to add: OmegaLogos; Thank you.

No consequencE..

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I'm not a Muslim, and your right I did come off pretty strong, I'm sorry. It's just I have seen too many wars in my country to show sympathy for any aggressors. I don't mean just soldiers, I mean as a whole. I know soldiers only take orders from the higher chain.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
I know soldiers only take orders from the higher chain.

And the problem originates within the structure of, "ruler-ship"; not government. The mainstream media is watched by people who wish to be, "in the know" because they wish to be, "good" citizens.

It has been said that the best ways to control the masses is to do it through patriotism and morality. People, in general, want to be, "good", while at the same time ranking high in life.

People being in place from long ago, having learned to manipulate the race by capitalizing on the worst things occurring most of all, driving the race making them the sheep at the slaughter.

It's sad that they use peoples good intentions and trick them into fighting; but until the ones running the show are stopped there will be no end of the genocide.

Thank you for your response. I can appreciate your position.

No consequencE..

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
See here is a problem with armchair worriers. We know who is running the show; it's the ones with all the money.

That means who has, and who has not, is strictly controlled by them. The haves and have nots allways end up fighting each other. The cycle apexes, and rep[eats because nobody learned to take the proper ones out of power, while they continue to dance around creating genocides without resistance, to obtain whatever, "they" want.

Right now, they want you, the population, out of their way by the end of what I am thinking will be an extinction level event. I assume that because of the defensive stance the worlds powers are taking against the masses evvery-where.

The movement tells me that the ones running the show believe an Extinction level event is coming. Their defensive stance just shows they plan to make it through, and you'll foot the bill unto death.

Edit to add: If you wish to never let the world to go haywire again, take the power from those who own everything and give it to people like Ron Paul and your children..

Truthfully an honest system is the only kind that can last. And that could not happen without rotation of those who have worked their way through the levels, according to their track record, rather than having been bred there.

Yep-Deeefinately red listed..

No consequencE..

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeoplesSoldier

Finally I leave you with this. We do what we do because we are ordered to.

That quote is what I have a problem with....

You guys are paid career killers...taking orders....

Before you start slaughtering people, shouldn't you at least know 'why?'...

Let's grow up and start going after the corrupt bankers that are running this show, they are the 'real terrorists'.....

You soldiers are just disposable pawns in a rich mans game of chess...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I just thought I'd add.

"The pioneers of a warless world are the young men and women who refuse military service." - Albert Einstein

These days it's hard though with all the benefits. A room mate of mine has $81,000 to spend on an education after service. My little $8.60 an hour job will never be able to cover something like that.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You're a volunteer, what you have is Karma. If you don't like it, leave.

I made my own personal choice long ago to stand for peace, and peace is what I live. Even if I were drafted I would say no. The way I would defend my fellow human is to lay down my life before I ever took one. Just like someone else did, long ago.

It's all about choices my friend. You don't have to justify yours to me, and couldn't if you tried. But can you really justify it to yourself?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Few hundred casualities per year. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) Iraqs and Afgans suffer more death and misery. Don't forget them. Many of them have no place to go, war is at home.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join