It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An American Soldiers Perspective, My Perspective

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
"These people hug us and thank us DAILY. When we come in force and remove the gangs that kill and rape their women, they bring us food and water with tears in their eyes thanking us, men and women both. "

Maybe they're begging you to spare them and trying to kiss up to your ass so you won't kill them?

Would you like it if the Chinese came here to try to "liberate" us by sending soldiers?

I don't blame the soldiers.

I blame those who send the soldiers. The rich white men at the top of the world.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I can't go into an exegesis on the war in Iraq...I don't support it and I never have. It wasn't my intent for my post to be read only in regards to that war. And to that point, I'll edit it to exclude any mention of Iraq. But, just because I don't support the ideology that governs that particular war does not mean that I do not or cannot support American soldiers at war.

[edit on 12/8/09 by WickedStar]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I have to ask, are you on medication currently? Chasing your 'mum' around is in your mind equal to combat?
Chasing your mum? I cant even begin to understand the connection, and I'm really lost at how it could even be bragged about.
I'm just going to guess that youre a high functioning fairly spoken mentally damaged kind of guy. What was the transgression mummy got chased for? I chased me mum with a clever and I was so bloody mad I was gonna eat her.
Please stop breathing now, the climate is changing.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Greetings Sgt.! HOoooyaaa. Army wife here. I love this website but get discouraged from some negative remarks...now I just read first few lines and stop if I'm bothered.

Congrats on family! Hope plans go well for ya. Husband is in for 3 more years, but his unit hasn't gotten deployment orders yet. So he'll get to stay around for maybe another year.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I would like to thank our men and women in uniform for your choice to serve the American People, To Protect Our Most Prize Possession our Constitution. Unfortunately, by my count we have only one unimpossed upon right the 3rd. all the other rights have been incroached upon, downgraded or otherwise distorted from its original meanings.
I fear one day you will be ordered to shoot your weapons at the people who put food on your table. I pray you will make the right decision what ever that is. If you observe the G20 protest's you could see the powers that be are going to use weapons against the people, they even seemed eager to use weapons against the protesters. "sound canon" not sure why, and later they told everyone to disperse but had all the exits blocked.
and coraled everyone in a park and tortured them for protesting. legally of coarse. but wrong none the less. so, I fear - America maybe another war zone and its because you were ordered to make it one.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

With all due respect, Sgt., I think you may be confused. You see it wasn't someone on ATS that ID'd the returning vets as terrorists. That honor goes to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano.
See here
www.washingtontimes.com...
So, it would seem, that your own BigGov bosses that sent you to Iraq to fight for something yet to be defined now classifies you as a terrorist. If you feel you have done an honorable work in Iraq, why does the very people who sent you there, so classify you? Could it be that they really don't give a damn about you? Something to think about.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Fatnut

excuse me mr. soldier.
the M16A2 does not fire a .30 cal. round.
It fires the 5.56mm round.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

• Don't ever, EVER say those who don't join the military aren't brave. Some of us are simply intelligent enough to see its not an even fight, nor is it worth fighting.

Joining the military is getting in bed with the criminals.

I completely agree with you about people who don't join the military. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and anyone who says otherwise is delusional.

However, it goes both ways. Don't insult those who joined the armed forces because you're against the wars. Whether you like it or not, they are fighting for you; even if only by association.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
best said by Col.Jessup played by Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men.

Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and curse the Marines; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Thanks for your post and thanks for your service..My son in law just returned from Irag,he was out of Fairbanks Alaska,Army,Stryker Brigade.He saw many of the same types of things you did and will never be the same,how can you be after watching your friends die,innocent women and children die,not because of our guys killing them but there own men..If you want to call them that....You are right that the average Iraqi wants peace and safety for themselves and there families and they are very grateful that you guys have been there for them..Thank you again..And congrats on the son and welcome home!!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

That is an really stupid comment,you weren't in Iraq and you have no clue.
You should listen to the people who have had to spend months on end in the country,they know,you don't. Do you really think living under Saddam's rule was better?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

you rise and sleep under the very blanket of protection our superb armed services provides, and then have the audacity to question the manner in which they provide the freedom to you?

Thank God for free speech.
Thank God even more for the second amendment.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
reply to post by OmegaLogos

SO AT 15 YOU WERE ATTEMPTING HOMICIDE ON YOUR MOTHER BECAUSE SHE LIED TO YOU.

A REAL MANS MAN.

YOUR OPINION JUST SETTLED DEEPER THAN BLUE WHALE EFFLUVENCE.

Explanation: She lied REPEATEDLY. I gave her more than one opportunity to come clean and she refused and as I have never believed in SACRED COWS being immune from scruitiny, when she meet the criteria set independantly from the both of us [hiding any thing is always a clear indicitive of SINISTER MOTIVES!], I acted to validly eliminate the clear and present danger to my existence! Would you have capitulated to your mother under similar circumstances?
If yes, then whats that say about your machismo?
Care to deny my ignorance?

Nope I don't claim to be a reals man's man at all. In fact I have ALWAYS promoted my MONSTEROUSNESS and I'm quite shocked and dismayed that humanity hasn't yet removed me from the shallow end of the gene pool. :shk:

Personal Disclosure: So you are willing to cast off the logos I provided purely because I disclosed an ethos that appears tainted.

P.S.
If you don't like my below crush depth whale poo, then maybe don't step in my pile OK! Feel free to place me on ignore!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by allgoodnamesaretaken

Explanation: St*r for you!

Your post is completely accurate!

Personal Disclosure: 100% transparency and UPFRONT disclosure are my shields! I wholeheartedly recommend them!
Like the spartans I am willing to come home with my shield or dead on it! And I'm always willing and ready to confront those who want to molon labe my power! If this makes me the monster that I have always claimed to be then at least I'm an accurate discerner of reality and also that I REMAIN TRUE VIA MY ACTIONS TO MY WORDS!

P.S. As for being on TPTB's radar, well what would you say if I told you I was a manchurian candidate and they WANT ME TO ACT!?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Explanation: Yes I'm on medication! Epilum 1000mg twice per day! I was on risperdal but it caused adverse side effects and then I was on Olanzepine but it made me so light sensitive I got moon burn, so that was also discontinued.

As for combat, well I'm always at combat. Either I wait for the appropriate time to strike or I'm negotiating using the carrot and stick method or finally I'm killing and replacing the enemy! None of these POV's come from a Victim mentality. Validity is the only true measure of success.

The transgression my Mum made was to think I would willingly fall for her false illusions. She lost control of me and I lost any hope of holding onto a untainted ethos. I am quite sure it was a fair trade regardless of the odd occassion that it offends my pathos. We both now negotiate with upfront transparent disclosures and try to find an EQUITABLE outcome instead of her trying to kill my power and without me trying to butcher and devour her! I don't remind her that she is a lying witch and she doesn't berate me for being crazy but we both never forget and this reminds us both to stay in the realm of just validating our respective logos unless we want to return to the bad old days.

Personal Disclosure: "The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness." Quote from a Robert Heinlein book. What price did/do you pay for YOUR FREEDOMS?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
"The Peoples Soldier", everything you said goes along with what I have been attempting to convey to people for as long as I can recall. My entire family is MIL, and they have been involved with every War and Conflict this Nation has ever had, in every branch of Service as well (Aside from the Corps). They have been Airborne, SpecOps, Cavalry, Sailors, Coxswains, etc. I also personally know SpecFor individuals, as well as others, who have been involved in multiple deployments to OEF/OIF. Yet others whom I know within the MIL community have sent me correspondences with those in the field, and I have been privy to such ever since 9/11 (And even during ODS prior to that).

All that I can say, is that I am absolutely abhorred by the disgusting vitriol which some attempt to spew at those in Uniform, and I honestly would like for each and every one of these haters to be packaged up and air-dropped from a C-130 straight into Tora Bora. I was raised within the MIL, and it angers me beyond words to hear people bash the brave men and women acting as the Vanguard of our Liberties, Freedom, and Society as a whole. It also frustrates me to no end when I constantly witness much of the MSM ignoring the great stories emanating from the battle fronts, including the letters and words from Iraqis and Afghanis equating our Service members to "Angels sent from God", and "Our saviors". What of the countless videos and photographs of our Personnel playing with little kids, such as joking around while attempting to ride a little kiddy bike while the children fall over laughing in a joyous and light-hearted fashion? What of the Americans dancing with the children and families in the streets, and the bond created between them and their Iraqi Brothers-in-Arms? One US Army SpecFor individual whom I met recently had been in both Theaters of Combat, and he expressed his desire to return yet again to Afghanistan. He truly enjoyed the people over there, and he felt an immense amount of pride and joy in what he described as "Making a huge difference". I also personally know Pakis, Iraqis, and Afghanis who fled to the United States for safety, even before 9/11, and they absolutely love this Nation with all their hearts. They really want for us to succeed in finally wiping out these terrorists for once-and-for all.

Thank you for your service, and forever hold your head up high. We know who the true heroes in this World are, no matter what the MSM or ignorant disavowers attempt to proclaim.

Hooyah!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Thanks for your great post.

BTW, paragraphs of 5-7 lines with white space between the paragraphs will greatly increase the readership . . . paricularly for aging eyes. All our eyes, however, need microrests the white spaces provide.

It is refreshing to read first hand reports from those dealing with the common man and woman in Iraq. I find your narrative quite convincing, authentic, accurate when compared with those of many students I've had who've returned from Iraq.

Of course, those mindlessly brainwashed by the propaganda and mind control methods of the ruling oligarchy are unlikely to be the least bit influenced by facts. They seem only comfortable . . .maybe even capable . . . of being robots for the deadly destroyers currently at the helm.

May God be with you and yours. Thanks tons for serving in behalf of freedom loving people everywhere . . . regardless of what authorities sent you there for whatever purposes.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
One thing I wonder...

Now if you hate war... why did you enlist at 18? Free will ya know? You could have had a normal job, study, whatever... why on earth do you say you hate war but you enlist in the army of the country that has more military "action" in the world? And you say you didnt expect it? Come on... its the US!!! If it was any other country I would agree with you: Going to the army, get some money, do jack# all day, fancy uniform, weapons training fun, etc... but the US!? Man at the time you enlisted you KNEW that you were there to go to war.

You see... the US never had a peace period in the 20th century. Your father's generation had 2 major wars... your grandfather's generation had 2 wars, your great grandfather's generation had 1 major war... I mean... it makes no sense. Did you think you'd be different?

Its the US you only enlist in the army for war, not for show... so... "I hate war" kinda contradicts your whole attitude and decision making cause, since you hate war like you say, theres a million more things to do besides the army... the army never should have been put on the "possible future for me" since "you hate war" - for god's sake you could be working as a mailman or flipping pizzas...

So try me... why did you join the world's most active army since you hate war knowing before hand that the only thing the US does is war?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
There is nothing dishonest in me. If I will be order to shoot at my own people I will shoot. God loves me, I will go to heaven, because I'll be just following the orders.

Even though God told us no to Kill, I will shoot anyway if order is given. I will shoot at my neighbors if needed, because there must be a reason why command is given to me. I am being paid to shoot - not to think, decide, love or use my brain for anything else than follow orders.

God bless you, as long as I am not getting orders to kill you.

Sincerely

BioRobot.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
To the OP- Amen, brother.

Nobody who has never been to war has the right to comment on the situation on the ground. We're over there for whatever reason, we don't always know why. But goddamnit, if I'm going to spend a year away from my family, its going to be for something.

Everyone says, "the Iraqis must not want us there because they keep bombing us." Not true. What percentage of the population plants bombs? What percentage of them plant bombs because their families will be killed if they don't? What percentage do it for an extra few bucks here and there? Its organized crime as much as it is jihad. Finding that out disillusioned me about the war more than anything else. Most of them are in it for them money rather than the ideal. Putting a slug in an idealist is a lot different than putting one in a guy who is just moonlighting as a terrorist for some extra cash to get a cooler cell phone.

Some of the Iraqis like us there because of the protection we provide, most of them like us there because of the money we provide. If the average American knew how many of their tax dollars went to installing solar powered street lights in Baghdad last year, they would be crapping bricks and mailing them to Senate. The early war was a different story, but right now its "all about the Benjamans."

We train the Iraqi Army and Iraqi Police so someday soon we can turn the whole thing over to them and not have to spend every other year away from our families sweating our asses off in some desert (seriously most people can't appreciate the psychological effect of temps in the 140s and no rain for 6 months). And now that someday soon is actually someday soon. Now we're trying to make sure that when we do turn it over, it stays stable so we don't have to come back in 10 years like last time.

We're regular people. We want to minimize trouble wherever possible. We don't go in and kill whole villages of women and children. I've never shot a man, woman, or child who didn't shoot at me first.

In the end, war is romance. Some people romanticize the gallantry and heroism in war, some romanticize the depravity and violence. Only the Soldiers know how it really is.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join