It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Date With Destiny: Meeting the Real Jesus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
still no argument on prophecy fulfillment hm?
until someone can debunk everything in the last 100 years or so... you might as well just call it quits on the "i need physical proof" statements.

at least keep it in the back of your mind with some open thought so when a few things do happen, very likely in this lifetime, you might start believing. unless u have some amazing information on how to debunk prophecy.

i challenge u to wait 18 months before throwing in pointless opinions on whether he existed or not, with all the revelation-stage markers in place.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Seeking self salvation is a path in its own right...

But I tell you all truly, there is a higher path....

That is the knowing that we are here to seek for all of our other selves, in hopes that all will find a way.

You are only a individual for so long....you are a part of something that everyone else is a part of as well.

This world is not about one of us...its about all of us. Hope for the all, not just the self.

Im not sure I personally would advise other humans to be on the look out for a past human....I would also be cautious to sit around waiting on God.

We are to do better and bigger things. Where do you all think these 'better things' will happen at? Do you think heaven is where? It makes more sense that we are to better things 'here'.

We have much work to do, yet so many are waiting on being saved while its not time for the tree to be ripe.

Do you want others to worry about being saved? Do you think making them worry will bring them to seek God in a rightful way?

If you only see yourself as a true individual, separate from all others, then truly you will be absorbed in seeking self salvation.

If you see all the others here, are you, and you , are them, because we all, are of God....then self salvation seems a little...selfish.

Just sayin....

For now, the present time, its better to just ask others....are you doing your best to love everyone as your own self?

Are you doing your best to be a positive light here in this time?

Keeping it simple, baby steps...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by badmedia

Actually, no you don't. In the end, it does not even matter if he was real or not.

Woe! I'm dumb founded. Where did that come from? That is one of the best posts I've read on ATS. If I could only applaued you. I wish I would have said that cause now I don't even have anything to say.

What he said!
Good job Bad

Stella

[edit on 8-12-2009 by randyvs]

WOW!!!
I now know where you both stand on this issue. If Jesus wasn't real, Than how could anyone take the Bible and what it says as truth.
Please tell me you are joking, Right?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

WOW!!! I now know where you both stand on this issue. If Jesus wasn't real, Than how could anyone take the Bible and what it says as truth.

I think you are just missing the jist of what he is saying.

Of course Jesus is real I for one will never deny Christ.
If it were his will I would praise his name from the deepest hell.

I believe what Bad is saying is for the unbeliever.

Ok When he said it dosn't matter if he existed or not because of the truth in his words.

Well the word is with God.

I hope you follow that it's a little watered down.

The word is God
In the beginning was the word and the word was with God
Because Jesus Christ is the word. Got it.

The truth ,the light, and the way.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

maybe then we are all missing the point of the flying speggetti monster..... zues and apollo.....

SO all documents that YOU think are true need NO proof. This is a sad day in reality when we see the reality of the appocolypse(its true definition) and we get to see those who are so ignorant and lost in their religious dogmatic ways that they would rather choose death then exist in a reality without their MAGICAL GENIE!!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I know he means well and everything,But as a believer you just don't tell a non believer that it does not matter if Jesus was real or not.

It surly doesn't make him a creditable authority on the subject, And If you read Bads threads and posts he does come off as authoritative.

The word is God
In the beginning was the word and the word was with God
Because Jesus Christ is the word. Got it.

The truth ,the light, and the way.

I indeed understand all that Jesus is. He was the living God in the Flesh. A real living Human being.
You are mixing pears with apples in Bads defense.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You are mixing pears with apples.

Ok point taken. I am definetly not an authority him I guess I
took it the best way he could have meant it. Hey that can't be a bad thing
now.

But !! to believe in his word is to believe he was in the flesh. To believe
his word is the truth is to believe he exists because he is the TRUTH, the
life , and the way. You do see that?

to believe his word is the very most you can believe in him not the least.

He is the word in the flesh.

Also I just laugh, instead of refute these people who try to say, that there are christians who think they can go around and do as they please
and have it all for forgiven that night when they go to bed.

For as much as they use that lame angle, I have never met one of us who is like that.
So forme, when they say that, it's a signal saying stop you are wasting your time. Because it is just crap. Spewing from that which will keep you running in circles to no avail.
The reason being lifestyle.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

You are mixing pears with apples.

Ok point taken. I am definetly not an authority him I guess I
took it the best way he could have meant it. Hey that can't be a bad thing
now.

Right on, no worries.
So now the question still remains.
Does Bad Media being an authority on the subject believe Jesus Christ Was here in the flesh?
Bad Media,If you are reading this please respond.

But !! to believe in his word is to believe he was in the flesh. To believe
his word is the truth is to believe he exists because he is the TRUTH, the
life , and the way. You do see that?

Yes I do, and the word (Jesus) says he is flesh.

1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

Bad Media please don't let me down

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I have no doubt that Jesus existed in the flesh at one time, and would be great to know if you need a desk or door fixed.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by queenannie38

pretty much proven that Josephus' references to Jesus were later additions to the text by early Christians.

I was not aware of this. Are you sure? What about his reference to the brother of Jesus, are they too additions?

yes, i'm sure.
but i will dig up a source or two for you, when i get a minute
you can also probably find some info here on ATS using the words Josephus and Jesus in the search criteria.

the reference to James and his death by stoning, though, i think is pretty much accepted as authentic.

In any event, there has to be some connection somewhere concerning Jesus besides the gospels.

well, there are some very intriguing correlations between things found in the Edgar Cayce readings and the purely forensic examination of the Shroud of Turin.

Jesus was 5'11" tall, it seems.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If more people would focus on living like Christ, rather than "establishing a personal relationship with him," worshiping him, or waiting for him to come back, the world could be a paradise.

If more people contemplated the beautiful truths of the Sermon on the Mount, or 1 Corinthians 13, rather than the hallucinogenic twaddle of Revelations, then man would be doing God's bidding.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Bad Media please don't let me down

From what you said I'm really hoping I was right. I just dont see that we could be wrong in thinking the best. As I humble myself accordingly.

Besides you just made my day. thank you

1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God

We are clear you and I. right. I am a solid. I proclaim that here and now before everybody despite the world.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

If more people would focus on living like Christ, rather than "establishing a personal relationship with him," worshiping him, or waiting for him to come back, the world could be a paradise.

If you take the gum out of your mouth and stretch it both ways .
That's about what this is like. You are saying one thing perfectly and
then turning around to say something completely the other end of the spectrum.What is that? Way past my bed time GN

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Josephus on Jesus
personally, i've read most of Josephus' writings and i agree that he didn't write the paragraph in question. it just doesn't sound like him - each author truly has a voice and that isn't his, imo.

-----------------------

The Mishna holds some pretty profound evidence, for those who like the deeper waters of mystery.

after reading that article, consider the following:

forty years is the same as Moses spent wandering in the wilderness before his people were allowed into the promised land.
it is generally the span from one generation to the next, and spiritually represents a 'time of testing.'

the children of Israel had to wait until everyone from the previous generation, except for Caleb and Joshua, were dead, before they could cross the Jordan.
this is because when Moses sent scouts out to see what kind of people they would be attacking, 10 out of 12 came back and said that the people were too big and numerous to be defeated.
Joshua and Caleb, however, trusted that GOD would deliver them, just as promised, and therefore inherited both the land and the leadership.

now, applying that to the situation of the crucifixion and the 40 years which followed, it would appear that the non-messianic Jews were given the same grace period in order to either pass or fail the test of faith in their GOD:
  • for forty years, GOD sent consistent, unchanging signs that would indicate (to an open mind) that the sacrifice HAD been accepted and therefore no more sacrifices were necessary - and therefore weren't accepted with the red thread turning white.
  • the fact that when lots were drawn, for the Day of Atonement, came up, every single year following the crucifixion, black instead of white means that no longer were there unknown sins in the nation which required removal via a ride out into the wilderness and off a cliff, attached to a goat.
  • the light going out in the temple, every night, signifies that Jesus was the light of the world and his light could not be hidden (in a temple) nor was it just for the Jews - as Isaiah writes, Jesus was a light for the gentiles.
  • the fact that the gates would open every night, on their own, meant that no longer was access to GOD restricted, but open to everyone, outside the will or means of any human being, including the high priest of the old order of the Levitical priesthood (perfected and replaced by the order of Melchizedek).

and, at the end of the 40 years, the Jews revolted, again, against the Roman government and in the subsequent siege and martial rule, Titus' troops ended up destroying Herod's temple. it wasn't intended by Titus, at all, but it did effectively put a complete and utter end to an era and the way of life of the Jews who rejected Jesus...

...just as Jesus had told the disciples that day, overlooking the temple from upon a mountaintop.

and the day the Temple burned was the ninth of Av

coincidences?
i don't believe in coincidences.

everything happens for a reason

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

If more people contemplated the beautiful truths of the Sermon on the Mount, or 1 Corinthians 13, rather than the hallucinogenic twaddle of Revelations, then man would be doing God's bidding.

or maybe even simpler:

LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

We are clear you and I. right. I am a solid. I proclaim that here and now before everybody despite the world.

Yes we are clear you and I, Solid. However, I would really like some clarification from Bad Media.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Very well said.

I tend to get very impatient with these "christians" and do not post long in-depth posts such as yourself to explain what I have come to understand. It was almost like you were explaining what was going on in my head.

Nicely done.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by truthtothemasses

Good now maybe you will convert to Christianity.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I appreciate you thorough response, I enjoyed reading it.

I won't bother disagreeing with you, because I understand your viewpoint. However, I think you misunderstood me to some degree.

My intent was to outline a workable method by which anyone should evaluate something alleged: (1) does it exist? (2) is the common understanding of it accurate? (3) (essentially a check) does that understanding conform with reality?

It was an arbitrary methodology, rather it was distilled from the axioms of identity.

With respect to Jesus Christ's existence, you differentiated between Jesus Christ the person and the virtue that he symbolizes. That's a fine differentiation, but the issue at hand was the actual individual and their role in humanity's salvation.

You'll also notice I did not answer this question, but you certainly assumed what my answer was! Assumption is not intelligent thinking; that was the essence of my post. We should always look at our surroundings with eyes wide-open and not irrationally assume things simply because they conform with what we already believe. Everyone has the right to believe as they choose, but everyone also has a responsibility to be rational. Even our society of questionable ethics recognizes the need to identify and rehabilitate the most irrational among us in criminal institutions and mental health facilities throughout the world. But alas, irrationality is a gradient condition. The irrational condition of man is an obvious result of varying degrees of irrationality throughout our society.

I am really not interested in wasting anymore of your, the members of this board, or my time by responding to your post as thoroughly as you responded to mine. I know that your basic intention was good and that you considered it the right thing to do.

If you would like, you can send me a personal message and we can discuss things further. You clearly have a civil approach (don't prove me wrong by responding to this message on the board) and I think that the dialogue would be mutually beneficial.

-Shane

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I AM STILL NEW AT THIS AND I DID NOT ON PURPOSE LEAVE MY SOURCE. I SHOULD HAVE WRITTEN IT OUT.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

PEACE,
GRANDMA

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join