It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Date With Destiny: Meeting the Real Jesus

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Hey grandma,

Your story moved me...An NDE and here you are.

Me too. 3 in a month...........5 so far.......Thought god was trying to kill me...It happens when it happens. no problem....

merry.......

peas

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

Thanks Grandma.

I truly believe every thought is an energy action. No faking it in my belief. No Smile on the outside and hidden feelings on the inside. I can't hide from myself.

If thoughts aren't in the positive energy "love" -- better figure out how to get them there.

LOL - sometimes I do have to imagine someone as they were when they were an innocent baby - - to find the positive energy.

With written text - - I do believe there is Truth in them - - just not that they are "Truth". I'm sure you know what I mean.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
So much to deal with in these posts .

I would just like to address a few things that were brought up ..And I would like to answer them with the word.(if yall dont mind) .

First of all the word (the OT and the NT) were written by men YES ..
But is man capable (without the Lord revealing it ) of predicting the future as accurate as the bible has? (I say NO)..also did Jesus care about the OT or teach the apostles about the OT ? YES HE DID >

Luk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
((((((NOTICE THE WORD ALL ))))))))
Luk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
(((((BEGINNING AT MOSES and ALL THE PROPHETS)))))))))

What scriptures did he expound to them ? YES THE OT ....
What else does has say THEY WERE SLOW AT HEART TO BELIEVE ALL THAT THE PROPHETS HAVE SPOKEN (What prophets ?The prophets of old who wrote down in words in the OT what has happened (past) what was then and what was coming in the future (all written down in a series of diaries and passed around word of mouth then eventually made into several books which we call the bible ) ..............................

More proof in the word that Jesus certainly told them everything was in the scriptures if they would have chosen to not only read it but believe it ..

Mat 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
Mat 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Mat 26:56 But all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook him, and fled.

WHAT SCRIPTURES OF THE PROPHETS was he talking about ? Yes the OT scriptures ..

Shall I go on >?

Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?
Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
Jhn 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

What Scriptures was he talking about to SEARCH ?? Yes the OT scriptures because the NEW had not been written YET ..

(I am not done yet ..there were so many things said and asked in these posts that I think there is plenty of proof of in the scriptures themselves (Like the reason for the shed blood of Jesus etc etc etc) that it will take me days to go through) ..and I am about to leave out of town for a week ..but I will be back ..).........

Merry Christmas yall .....see ya after the holidays .......

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
One question before I leave ..

Can any man you know have the power to lay down his own life and take it up again ? (Can you raise yourself from DEATH ? and bring many with you as Jesus did when he came back from the dead ?) So this should answer the question of wether or not Jesus was just a nice man or prophet and just a mere human or not ..............

Jhn 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
Jhn 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Yes he recieved it from THE FATHER >>..but as he says if you know the Father you will KNOW ME (JESUS) if you know Jesus you have SEEN THE FATHER >..................

All power and all glory was handed down to JESUS from the Father (Because he is the HEIR TO GODS KINGDOM and we are COHEIRS with him IF WE BELIEVE that he is and was who he says he was ...which is THE SON OF GOD (not as we are sons but as HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON) BEGOTTEN MEANS ONE OF ITS KIND >...

1Jo 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
(not just begotten but ONLY BEGOTTEN SON)

that we might LIVE THROUGH HIM (not through anything we think we have done or will do or can live like ) ................

We have SELFISH REASONS for everything we do ..
Jesus does not ..(we can only be LIKE Him if he LIVES WITHIN US ) and he cannot be living WITHIN YOU unless you first BELIEVE THAT HE IS and that he DIED and ROSE AGAIN >.for WHAT ? What do we need saving from ???

1Jo 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.
Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, [who is] the faithful witness, [and] the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

How does his blood wash us from our sins ???

Here is a hint ..
His laying down his life for a human race who forgot God in their heart and served the creature more than the creator ...............
And the fact that he has power to FORGIVE SINS (he is not mocked ..you and I both know LIP SERVICE doesnt cut it with the LORD) >...........
And the fact that the WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH ..(which we do need to talk about so people understand WHY there had to be a DEATH first and it required a PAYMENT MADE for it to be VALID (he had to SWALLOW UP DEATH IN VICTORY) .... before it all was COMPLETED and FULFILLED just as it was supposed to be) ................

So much ..so little time ..*sigh ...and so little understanding of what happened and why it happened as it did etc ....

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Forgot something ..

1Jo 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.
1Jo 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.

The meaning of this word
propitiation
1) an appeasing, propitiating

2) the means of appeasing, a propitiation

Paul explains it better ..but I know Badmedia will close his ears off to Paul ./

Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Through FAITH IN HIS BLOOD ...faith that his blood was shed for YOU ..that he gave his FLESH AND BLOOD LIFE (his life for you ) ................
to declare his righteousness (our righteuosness is as filthy rags according to scripture so only he was capable of righteousness ) .....for the remission of sins that are PAST ..(not the ones we continue doing now ..we will if we dont change them continue till we fall into wickedness again so dont think your just rolling along on past forgiveness and nothing you do now matters because it certainly does and you will be held ACCOUNTABLE for all that we have done and said since we believed ) he who knows to do good and does it not well you know the rest ..

To declare HIS RIGHTEOUSNES (not yours) FOR the REMISSION OF SINS
()REMISSION)
1) passing over, letting pass, neglecting, disregarding

SINS that are past, through the forbearance of God;

FORBEARANCE
1) toleration, forbearance

It happened in Egypt when they were told to HAVE FAITH that the BLOOD that was POSTED ON THEIR DOORS would COVER THEM FROM THE DEATH ANGEL coming NIGH TO THIER DOORS when the fistborn were about to see their end (who are the firstborn symbolic of ? I believe CAIN who is symbolic of an EVIL SEED ) .......................................................

Jesus even mentions this ..

Mat 13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
Mat 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

You know if people actually READ all of the bible in detail (not picking and choosing what they want to believe or not ) they would SEE ALL OF THIS ..

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
PS ..I see it like this (its not a math problem lol) ..

I walk in front of a bus (mainly because I am not paying attention and dont much care what happens to me or because Im too blind to see a huge bus heading my way ) ..I am surely gonna die ..that bus is not gonna stop and so it is inevitable that Im gonna die ..And Jesus tossed me outta the way and took the head on collision of that bus for me .....because he loved me that much ...the Father loved me so much that he sent his son to take the BRUNT of that BUS accident for me ...so I wouldnt have to endure certain death and total destruction ...........................and this love that he showed towards me (giving his own life for me to have life) was enough for me to KNOW without a doubt that I WANT TO BE LIKE HIM ..I WANT HIM IN MY LIFE EVERYDAY in EVERYWAY ...for ever more ........and that changes the person that we were before we met someone like that ..does it not ?

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Simplynoone]

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
To original OP:
If I did meet the real Jesus how would He look?
Like the medieval bald-headed man? Like the white hippie of contemporary work? Black - like the Africanists say? Shining as the sun, like in the transfiguration? Milky white and miserable like the icons, or Children's Bible cult-like and wholesome?
Since He never spoke Greek, how must I address Him? Jezeus-"son of Zeus?" Or maybe (depending on the evangelical sects outdoing each other for authenticity): Joshua, Jeshua, Jeheshua? The Arab "Issa"?
And who knows that is right?
If I get it wrong, He might not face me at all.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone

But is man capable (without the Lord revealing it ) of predicting the future as accurate as the bible has?

Where does the bible predict the future?

Somehow I missed that.

The bible is selected text. What about all the text that was left out?

So far - - all I see is your interpretation.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Annee]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

PS ..I see it like this (its not a math problem lol) ..

I walk in front of a bus (mainly because I am not paying attention and dont much care what happens to me or because Im too blind to see a huge bus heading my way ) ..I am surely gonna die ..that bus is not gonna stop and so it is inevitable that Im gonna die ..And Jesus tossed me outta the way and took the head on collision of that bus for me .....because he loved me that much ...

I've had many experiences where an energy force intervened.

So?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

The only two verses that say anything regarding any man outside the disciples is verse 23 and24 and is not a direct comment made to them.

23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me

How can any man love him and keep his words if they don't know who he is and what he said?

The only way that "any man" can keep Jesus' words is if the disciples teach them and tell them who he was.

Jesus was telling Judas this so he could teach "any man" these things which he says. Jesus was not speaking directly to people who don't know Jesus, and don't hear his words.

Your twisting this into something it is not. Besides, What does this have anything to do with me being able to identify Jesus if he came to me? You seem to be dodging this question.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

But is man capable (without the Lord revealing it ) of predicting the future as accurate as the bible has?

Somehow I missed that.

Notice the word Has. past tense. Hence, the future hasn't happened yet.
Shes most likely speaking of past prophesies that has come true.
Here is just some.www.koyote.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

There are so many things that have already come true that it would take all day to show you them ..but there are many more predictions yet to come so watch and see ..

But I was actually talking about the ones that Jesus expounded to the Apostles concerning him (as I showed you in scripture)...(its pretty clear that the men of old predicted his coming and they could only have gotten their information from GOD by divine inspiration)

As far as how will we know the real Jesus from the fake Messiahs .

The word TELLS YOU HOW YOU WILL KNOW >.
Also those who KNOW HIM also know his VOICE ..and will go to NO OTHER who claims to be him ......if he has been in your life now for many years then you are used to who he is and you know his voice when he speaks and you can discern when that voice is NOT FROM HIM >.

Also his coming will be unmistakable .......
he comes with GREAT GLORY and ALL THE HOLY ANGELS WITH HIM >
And every one WILL MOURN him and will hide and cower (since they all know they are guilty before him since they REFUSED to acknowledge him and know him and repent of their wickedness) .........
Luk 17:24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one [part] under heaven, shineth unto the other [part] under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.
at 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

When the fake messiahs come ..its a total different story ..people will ewww and awww at the fake miracles and the sky shows and the promises of peace and a utopian world and will not come in the name of the LORD GOD but in his own name as a man (as in he will claim to be THE CHRIST MAN as many claim to be little gods now even ) ...(Not to mention the real Christ isnt going to come again and do this ..he says this time when he comes he will come as a CONQUERING KING and as a JUDGE ................

Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by [the means of] those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Christ will do no more miracles (he already did that at his first coming) so dont be fooled .........

2Ti 4:1 I charge [thee] therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

He is coming as a KING and as a JUDGE the second coming ...not as a miracle working fake lieing signs and wonders as the false christ will do .

Another way we know the real from the fakers ..is that there will not be anything said about OTHER WAYS TO HEAVEN ..or ALL DOORS LEAD TO THE SAME PLACE ........
he says ONLY HE IS THE DOOR and any who came before him or after him are LIARS and DECIEVERS >........
And if you know the word you will know for sure what to expect in the end times events .......you will know what to expect etc ...

But here is the main thing to LOOK FOR to help you discern what the truth is from the lies .....

1Jo 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1Jo 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Paul explains it better ..but I know Badmedia will close his ears off to Paul ./

I don't close my ears off to Paul. Paul is just a politician is all. Politicians often times say many true things and so forth, but it's what they do in practice that is so bad.

I never see a Politician get up and say bad things, or present things in a bad light. But what they do ends up being bad things. The manipulation of meaning and things and so forth.

One of my favorite things Paul says is: Owe nothing to any man, but to love him. Great advice.

I also make no judgment on Paul the person. It would be impossible to do so. I only make judgment on what he says, and in that manner it is either true or false.

However, I do not accept Paul in response or in contrary to the things Jesus says. And in those cases, I always show you what Jesus said about it.

Paul had no where near the understanding Jesus had. Paul himself was someone who is trying to understand. And it is clear that Paul had not been born of the spirit. He tells people to call him father, he doesn't realize the true authority, and he waits for what he calls adoption. Paul is more about the written law, than he is about understanding. Paul is to Christianity as the Pharisees were to Judaism. And the problem with that is that it carries the faults of the Pharisees and such that Jesus worked towards changing with it.

If the Pharisees sat in the seat of Moses, then Paul sits in the seat of Jesus.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil

Somehow I missed that.

Gotta say - that is an interesting book: "Is There a Creator Who Cares About You?" - written by the Watch Tower

They are connecting science and energy with God.

Here is a review of the book: corior.blogspot.com...

I do support the future can be known - - as all exists as energy thought. If your energy resonates with that of the source thought you will know that thought.

However - interpretation of any ancient text is still interpretation.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

How can any man love him and keep his words if they don't know who he is and what he said?

The only way that "any man" can keep Jesus' words is if the disciples teach them and tell them who he was.

Jesus was telling Judas this so he could teach "any man" these things which he says. Jesus was not speaking directly to people who don't know Jesus, and don't hear his words.

Your twisting this into something it is not. Besides, What does this have anything to do with me being able to identify Jesus if he came to me? You seem to be dodging this question.

False. Completely false, and it says so directly in the verse you quoted yourself.

"and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me"

And then the holy spirit teaches them.

I know this because that was my experience. These are the verses that got me to pay attention to Jesus in the first place. I told someone about my experience, and they showed me those verses. This was months after my experience.

The only "Jesus" I had ever known was what the church presented to me. I grew up in the bible belt, and nobody ever showed me the understanding of Jesus. All I ever got really was John 3:16 and John 14:6 over and over. Even when I read the verses, they had no real meaning too me.

I did not love Jesus, and I didn't keep his sayings at all. What I seen was the father. And when I seen the father, then immediately ON THAT DAY, I know the father was within, and that this was true of all people and so on. John 14:20. I KNEW before I ever realized it was in the bible.

And is that not what he also says? It is. He says the holy spirit will teach you, check. And bring all things to your remembrance that I have said. Check. After that point, when I read the words of Jesus they popped out at me. I seen all that I had learned from the father in the previous months. I knew just from what he said, that the father was within him. Because I knew for a fact where that understanding came from.

This experience is not something that is "new". It is also described in Proverbs 8. Same exact thing. You find the father, and then the father will teach you and give you wisdom/understanding.

Proverbs 8

17I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

18Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.

19My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.

20I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:

21That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

Coincidence that Jesus says seek and you will find? No.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Badmedia READ WHAT JOHN SAYS >

1Jo 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.

Is the same thing that PAUL SAID In ROMANS ..........

You believe John dont you ?
Since you will only accept quotes from John as the truth ...

And Peter says the same thing ....
1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

More from John
1Jo 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son [to be] the Saviour of the world.

1Jo 5:19 [And] we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

Jhn 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Jhn 4:42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard [him] ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Jhn 11:51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

How can you argue with that ?

Was Jesus just a man or the SON OF GOD who would DIE and be a SAVIOUR for the WORLD and would be the LAMB WHO WOULD TAKE AWAY THE SIN OF THE WORLD >>>>>

More
2Cr 5:18 And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2Cr 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2Cr 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

2Cr 5:21 For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

The scriptures are full of PROOF that Jesus was who he says he was and did do as he said he would .........

And the OT certainly showed us a shadow of what was to come with the story of Abraham and Isacc ..

Gen 22:1 ¶ And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, [here] I [am].
Gen 22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only [son] Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

Gen 22:7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here [am] I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where [is] the lamb for a burnt offering?
Gen 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

Notice what Abraham tells his son ..GOD WILL PROVIDE HIMSELF A LAMB for a BURNT OFFERING (He had faith that GOD would provide a lamb so that his only son would not have to die )....the lamb was symbolic of what JESUS WOULD DO ..

Gen 22:12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only [son] from me.
Gen 22:13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind [him] a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Somehow I missed that.

Gotta say - that is an interesting book: "Is There a Creator Who Cares About You?" - written by the Watch Tower

They are connecting science and energy with God.

Here is a review of the book: corior.blogspot.com...

I do support the future can be known - - as all exists as energy thought. If your energy resonates with that of the source thought you will know that thought.

However - interpretation of any ancient text is still interpretation.

Did I give you a watchtower publication?.whoops! I am doing research on them and must have given you something for someone else.

Anyhoo, your right ,interpretation of any not just ancient text is still interpretation. However, this alone is no reason to dismiss the book as non truth. The problem is when people lean to much to to rational side,or to much to the literal side.Like bad being a agnostic( & whatever else) and I being a Catholic. Not to mention what ones belief says about how to interpret.The way I was taught was to be attentive to the context and unity of the whole Scripture, (which I am being accused of not doing).Be attentive to the analogy of faith, (which I'm accusing him). and the third is to read the scripture within the living tradition of the whole church.(which we cant do)

There is also two senses of scripture. The literal sense and the spiritual sense, which can be further sub categorized in to three, Allegorical, moral,and analogical. Ill stop here cause I'm sure you could care less. Lol
but the point is that regardless of the interpretation one uses all can agree that its just not your ordinary book. Its a book of truths,and wisdom and hope, and joy and comfort and inspiration. Whatever interpretation one uses he is sure to receive only goodness form its words.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Those words Jesus TOLD THE DISCIPLES and they TOLD ALL OF US IN BOOKS >..............

Badmedia the FATHER DREW YOU ...but he then SENT YOU TO THE WORD TO MEET HIS SON JESUS >....

So how can you say the word is not needed nor important ......
He sent YOU TO THAT WORD TO LEARN OF JESUS >..................

And as you well know JESUS DID NOT WRITE ANY OF THOSE WORDS you saw in scripture THE APOSTLES WROTE THEM DOWN so that in the year 2000 or whatever year it was YOU COULD READ THEM AND SEE THAT IT WAS TRUTH .......................

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

False. Completely false, and it says so directly in the verse you quoted yourself.

And then the holy spirit teaches them.

Jesus was talking to his disciples. Go back and re read the whole thing from John 13. He is answering their questions.

And is that not what he also says? It is. He says the holy spirit will teach you, check. And bring all things to your remembrance that I have said. Check.
I know ,I know. The holy ghost teaches all men. And I have no doubt that the holy Ghost appeared to you. Ive had revelations too.
However, these two chapters Jesus is talking to his disciples teaching and telling them he is about to go away,therefor God will send the Holy Ghost To teach THEM.
And this has nothing to do with me knowing if Jesus were to appear to me.Your mixing apples and pears.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Badmedia READ WHAT JOHN SAYS >

Lets finish this verse. Tell me that it is not what I tell you all the time.

I John 2

2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

3And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Jesus is the example by which one can keep the commandments. Coincidence that I always say - keep the commandments and that understanding is needed to keep the commandments and so forth? No, it is not.

If it was Jesus had died for all the sins of the world, and people are forgiven by that death, then it wold apply to everyone, regardless of their belief. But if all keep the commandments, then by that process they are saved.

I have told you before how one asks for forgiveness and so forth.

But if it was just a matter of him dieing for our sins, then God could have done that without Jesus dieing. If God is loving enough to do that, then he is loving enough to the do same, without Jesus dieing.

Which points to a higher purpose and more meaning to what Jesus did. And that is the example he set, and so that people could keep the commandments properly. And it is by keeping the commandments properly that one is saved. So, in this way Jesus "saves" people. In this way, Jesus dies for your sins.

Because as Jesus was sin free, he doesn't need to be here. He could have just as easily kept quiet, lived out his days sin free and so forth. But he so loved other people he wanted to help them. And he leads by example.

But there is a difference between saying he died for your sins in the manner I am talking of, and him having died for your sins in the manner so that you do not have to keep the commandments. 1 of those is the narrow gate, and one of those is not. I tell you the narrow gate - keep the commandments.

Do you see the difference between them?

And Peter says the same thing ....
1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

The keywords in what Peter says there is "should live unto righteousness". It goes back to what I said before. It's all about the context in which "Jesus died for our sins". I do not believe in the blood sacrifice ritual stuff. But if you want to say he lays down his life for the sins of others, then in the context I spoke of, I most certainly agree with it.

And by following the example of Jesus, then you can "live unto righteousness", and by that you are saved and can become sin-free. Remember, he says he comes not for the righteous, but to bring sinners to repentance. If sinners repent for their sins, then they will become righteous.

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Before this passage, he is talking about the people themselves who may suffer for righteousness sake. And he tells them not to worry or be afraid.

And as I pointed out before, Jesus does suffer many things in order to try to bring people to God. That is why it is so much more than just a blood sacrifice ritual, and why the blood sacrifice ritual itself is a lie. Because it takes away from all these things, and it takes away the focus and importance of keeping the commandments.

Take a look at how America was back in 2002. Blood thirsty and so forth. When people tried to speak up against what was going on, they were thrown down pretty hard. Called many names and so forth. That is the kind of environment Jesus was in. But still, despite knowing what would happen to him for doing it, he did it to try and bring people to god. To show people the father, and how to keep the commandments and such. And again, he does not have too, but he does out of care for others - that is his grace.

The rest of the post is more of the same, so I think I've basically addressed everything in it so far. If I missed anything of importance in the rest, please point it out.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join