It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Date With Destiny: Meeting the Real Jesus

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I'm just telling you what the Bible says. If he somehow appeared to me and said he was Jesus I most likely would not believe,because that would make the scriptures untrue.If the scriptures are untrue that means every word spoken from Jesus would be untrue.

What if its the Antichrist came on clouds? I would simply ask him if he denies the Father and Son, and that Jesus is the Christ.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If the bible was in plain English - clearly stated - in "black and white"

We wouldn't have over 3000 Christian sects trying to interpret it.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Really?

John 14

15If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

28Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

29And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

30Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

31But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Why do you twist everything around?

You asked me how would I know Jesus is Jesus if he came to me. . Not the Holy Ghost, The one the Father sent unto the apostles.

22Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach YOU all things, and bring all things to YOUR remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Unless you think you are an Apostle, you make no sense at all.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Come on now.. That's what makes it so much fun.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil

Come on now.. That's what makes it so much fun.

No - actually it makes anyone stating they live by the "word" look like a fool.

The best anyone can do is live by interpretation.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Why do you twist everything around?

You asked me how would I know Jesus is Jesus if he came to me. . Not the Holy Ghost, The one the Father sent unto the apostles.

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach YOU all things, and bring all things to YOUR remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Unless you think you are an Apostle, you make no sense at all.

Wow, you skipped over 4 verses there to make the bible said that. You show the question on 23, but then post an answer after skipping 4 verses.

Why did you purposely ignore the next verse? Because you didn't like what it said.

23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Jesus ANSWERED HIM.

Verse 26 that you tried to quote as the answer is for those who do not know Jesus, or his sayings. If they don't know Jesus and his sayings, then it's the father they hear. And then the holy spirit will teach them things.

John 14: 24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Oh and btw, it also goes to show how Christians focus on John 14:6 while telling people they are going to hell, but then completely ignore John 14:24 which appears later in the same exact chapter.

How do you tell me it's all about the book, but then purposely ignore what it even says there? But you say I am disrespectful to the bible? Atleast I quote it in context rather than trying to rearrange the verses to make them mean what I want them too.

Btw, John 14 is the reason I started to pay attention to the bible. It describes what happened to me(20, 24-26).

[edit on 12/16/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

15If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

28Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

29And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

30Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

31But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

Who do you think Jesus is talking to Santa?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

He is talking to his disciples, but his responses and answers apply to any man, which is why he talks about those who don't know his sayings.

Btw, you can keep on avoiding the points, avoiding the questions, and manipulating what the bible says to fit your view all you want. I don't mind. You only lie and fool yourself. Everyone else can see very clearly what you are doing.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

He is talking to his disciples, but his responses and answers apply to any man, which is why he talks about those who don't know his sayings.

He is instructing them to teach men, because he is leaving this world.
How would men know otherwise? As one poster said these were not written until later.

Btw, you can keep on avoiding the points, avoiding the questions, and manipulating what the bible says to fit your view all you want. I don't mind. You only lie and fool yourself. Everyone else can see very clearly what you are doing.

I've answered your questions. Your points however are a little vague. Its quite clear that Jesus is sending the Holy Ghost to his disciples so that he can teach them, so they can in turn teach men.
And please, lets stop with in insults. I am really trying to understand your train of thought.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

He is instructing them to teach men, because he is leaving this world.
How would men know otherwise? As one poster said these were not written until later.

I've answered your questions. Your points however are a little vague. Its quite clear that Jesus is sending the Holy Ghost to his disciples so that he can teach them, so they can in turn teach men.

That isn't what was said in the verses, you had to rearrange the verses to make it say that. They were asking him questions, and he was answering their questions.

And then you started going off on a tangent about who he was talking too rather than address that you took them out of order to say that. Still you pretend like you didn't take them out of order.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Knowledge of the holy is understanding, of which you exchange for dogma and acceptance.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

That isn't what was said in the verses, you had to rearrange the verses to make it say that. They were asking him questions, and he was answering their questions.
And then you started going off on a tangent about who he was talking too rather than address that you took them out of order to say that. Still you pretend like you didn't take them out of order.

What are you talking about?
It doesn't matter what order the verse was that I gave you,The point was that Jesus sends the Holy Ghost not himself.The question was would I know who Jesus was if he came to me.
Ive answered your question.Now tell me what what are you getting at.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

Knowledge of the holy is understanding, of which you exchange for dogma and acceptance.

I'm glade your most knowledgeable of the holy, but you sure make no sense to me.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Don't quote bible to me. It is completely useless to me from your interpretation.

I don't need "words" to understand spirituality and the "Love of Light"

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

What are you talking about?
It doesn't matter what order the verse was that I gave you,The point was that Jesus sends the Holy Ghost not himself.The question was would I know who Jesus was if he came to me.
Ive answered your question.Now tell me what what are you getting at.

If the order of the verses didn't matter, then you wouldn't have needed to change the order.

Jesus names things for 2 different sets of people. The first are for those who know his sayings and loves him(as you claim).

John 14

The 2nd set is for people who don't know Jesus, and don't hear his words.

John 14

See that? See the colons?

Colon

Usage

As with many other punctuation marks, the usage of colon varies among languages and, for a given language, among historical periods. As a rule, however, a colon informs the reader that what follows proves and explains, or simply provides elements of, what is referred to before.

The colons are in those passages because that which follows is used to explain the previous. Thus, the order does actually matter.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Don't quote bible to me. It is completely useless to me from your interpretation.

I don't need "words" to understand spirituality and the "Love of Light"

Sounds like you have everything under control. Good luck with that.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Wow...you 2 are still going at it...

Ya'll need to go have a beer or something...

What verse is this from?

Και ο Ιησούς είπε το unto οι απόστολοί του για να βγεί και να δώσει την μπύρα σε όλη αυτήν την ανάγκη.

This was what I meant before....

peas...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Greetings Annee:

You are right in looking for the spirituality in what is spoken and how the spirit moves that person. A person who is spirit filled is a person that is beaming with the light so bright it is almost blinding. That person is filled with love for their brothers and sisters and helping all find their way home is their most important goal in their life as well as personally growing in the spirit and finding knowledge and understanding.

It is more important that we are known by our "light" that shines, so others will know we are following "the way". We need to LIVE what we say so others will believe us and want to follow also. The Holy Spirit will teach us and we will grow in understanding of the word and gain wisdom.

Love is the most important light and one we need to always seek to shine.

I hope I have made some sense here and not confused you in any way.

Merry Christmas and Shalom.
Grandma

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join