It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islam Conspiracy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
i am at a loss as to what to say. i've read through this whole thread, and imho, theres a ton of garbage. And not much decent conversation. Its like going to the landfill, and you see trash everywhere, but theres this one couch that would look great in your dorm, so you take it. Except it still smells like the landfill. Shame.

Kudos to the OP. i've read many posts espousing the need for people to use intellegince and logic when viewing the propaganda spouted by the media against Islam. Never a thread though. Kudos.

The cold hard truth is simply that Islam has been hijacked, and there is nothing we can do about it. Fundamentalists will be fundamentalists. What the world at large views as mainstream Islam is simply the perception being giving off by a tiny percentage of Muslims who have the loudest voice in the room so to speak. World views of Christianity are quickly headed down the same path, albeit without major concern, what with the lack of exploding materials . Many of Americas global brethern view us as a nation of psycho bible thumpers. Thank you Pat Robertson and company

When you have the representatives of Islam being a country led by back assed Bedoin Wahhabist hypocrites, then the world will view Islam as a back assed, wahhabi type bedoin religion, hypocritical in nature.

When you have the representatives of Christianity being a country led by war mongering, holier than thou hypocrites, who intend on bringing about the eschaton, then the world will view Christianity as war mongering, holier than thou, eschaton immenentizing religion, hypocritical in nature.

Lucky for Christianity, their are a few alternate perceptions available for the masses to view, whereas Islam, there isn't.

And thus we have our current conundrum. Is Islam a violent, sociopathic, infestation. Well, this all depends on wether you view human beings as violent, sociopathic parasites. i'll leave that up to you to decide.

You know what i find extremely funny? That damn near nobody has heard of Sufis. i myself am Sufi. When i take a step back and look upon myself from an outside perspective, it sure does explain alot.

And for arguements sake, lets not credit the Deobandi sect as being Sufi, they are the farthest thing from it. (to all those in Uk, you know what im on about)

Love and Peace

[edit on 7-12-2009 by M157yD4wn]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Yes there is an extremist element to Islam. But it is an element, a segment, and not representative of the religion as a whole.

What percentage of the Religion as a whole might this be?

Ha! It's certainly a very, very small minority. After all, if there were 1.5 billion extremists out there blowing stuff up, we'd be a lot worse off than we are.

I see a lot of people freaking out over Muslim gangs, and blaming Islam for their existence, but looking towards American gang culture, most gang members identify themselves as Christian. Are we to blame Christianity for their existence? Are we vilifying Christianity for the gangs of "fag-bashers"? Should we be?

The religion itself is obviously not the issue, since we have over a billion Muslims who live peacefully, generously and lovingly. To blame the religion is a cop out, and, to be honest, pretty lazy.

And Dock9, not a single one of your posts has shown that the religion itself is to blame, only that Muslims commit crimes, as do members of nearly all other faiths.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I've read throught the thread as well. The poster, IMHO, is a muslim apologist plant. Islam is the most dangerous religion on the planet at this time. In times gone by it was Chritianity. Religion as a whole is dangerous. Spirituality on the other hand is not. With relgion we get all the rules created to control the masses. Totalitarianism and religion make a good pair, especially in religions such as Islam. The face of Islamist to the westerner in a western country is a false face meant to decieve him into believing that he is harmless, but the goal of Islam is to dominate the world. Anyone who denies this is a LIAR. It is written in their Koran.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by enragedmaniac
Religion as a whole is dangerous.

The misinterpretation of religious texts to serve a purpose outside of the formation of a spiritual self (often political or social power over others) is dangerous. This is different from religion itself. Religion can be a very useful tool for an individual when used wisely.

....but the goal of Islam is to dominate the world. Anyone who denies this is a LIAR. It is written in their Koran.

Where?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

And when the sacred months are passed, kill those who join other gods with God wherever ye shall find them; and seize them, besiege them, and lay wait for them with every kind of ambush: but if they shall convert, and observe prayer, and pay the obligatory alms, then let them go their way, for God is gracious, merciful (9:5)

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by enragedmaniac

And when the sacred months are passed, kill those who join other gods with God wherever ye shall find them; and seize them, besiege them, and lay wait for them with every kind of ambush: but if they shall convert, and observe prayer, and pay the obligatory alms, then let them go their way, for God is gracious, merciful (9:5)

I take it you did a quick google and found a simple answer. Such is the way of America today.

This section of the Quran is actually part of a larger portion that discusses the acts of violent pagans who attack Islam (physically and economically). It's also an exaggerated translation.

I suggest actually reading a bound copy, instead of googling. Rather, I suggest not only reading it, but reading it without preconceived assumptions, and take it as it is written, not how the media has portrayed it.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Open you eyes, all over the world, everywhere Muslim communities get established they start these tactics of raping Native women and bullying anyone any chance they get where they have numbers in their favor.

It is time to face the truth about the nature of Islam.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
I wonder how many who post in this and other forums in the interests of islam are paid to do so ?

(although I'm not being entirely honest .. because I know quite a few who 'post professionally' for Islam and who're provided the tools to do so, in manual form)

Please do tell. This intrigues me really. You mean someone hands out a manual that these posters follow? They are paid to get this done? Man, you gotta tell us more.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Open you eyes, all over the world, everywhere Muslim communities get established they start these tactics of raping Native women and bullying anyone any chance they get where they have numbers in their favor.

It is time to face the truth about the nature of Islam.

You, sir, are a funny funny man. Whenever I open my eyes, I see people so stuck in their xenophobia that they can only see "the horror, the horror..." no matter how insignificant it is by comparison to the truth.

And, at that same time, when one is so absolutely set in their fear and irrational hatred, there is little one can do about it, no matter how much they try to discuss.

I fear that as you suggest that everyone "open their eyes", you're living with your eyes closed.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SorensDespair

I am sure 75 years ago, you would have been saying the same thing about the people speaking out against Hitler.

To speak out against groups like the NAZIs, the KKK, and Islam, who teach hatred against others, and bigotry.

Get friendly with any Muslim, and see how long it takes before his prejudice against Jews comes out. Get to know him better and his attitude towards women will be revealed as well.

Apologist like you are the reason so many people died in WW II, and will probably die in WW III, because nobody started to speak up until the collision course had been established.

The sooner people taking the steps now to start curbing this aggression, the greater the chances that a brutal war will not be fought in but a decade to two.

www.actforamerica.org...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Get friendly with any Muslim, and see how long it takes before his prejudice against Jews comes out. Get to know him better and his attitude towards women will be revealed as well.

I'm quite friendly with many Muslims and Jews, and they're very friendly with each other. This includes the men and the women of both faiths.

One friend, in particular, is a medical doctor, and his wife is a biology student. They're both great people and most often, the wife 'wears the pants'.

I suggest that you get friendly with some Muslims. And rather than assume and attack, listen and discuss. I'd also suggest that you look for more than just the "cafeteria Muslim" (as it were). That is, the one who follows the Quran as a cafeteria Christian knows the Bible, picking out the stuff they want, taking it literally, and ignoring the rest. Find a Muslim who reads the Quran to understand it in more than a superficial way, and I'm sure you'll have a great conversation about the nature of the self and the individual's role in the greater society.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by enragedmaniac

I've read throught the thread as well. The poster, IMHO, is a muslim apologist plant.

Well, no, I am a person that is posting on the Internet. I have been here for quite a while, and lately I have seen quite a few anti Islamic posts that reek of ignorance. I am vainly attempting to just show that there is an effort underway to portray Islam as the cause of extremism. A propaganda campaign designed to vilify the religion instead of the individual or small group. Yes, there are Islamic extremists, and yes they do use Islam as the basis for their attacks. But this is not representative of the religion as a whole. Just as you cannot blame Christianity for the events that occurred at the "Peoples Temple Agricultural Project"

Islam is the most dangerous religion on the planet at this time. In times gone by it was Chritianity. Religion as a whole is dangerous. Spirituality on the other hand is not.

Organized religion is a dangerous thing. It indoctrinates people into a belief system. Sometimes those people skew the ideas of that belief system to fit with their own moral compass. Sometimes that moral compass doesn't quite point north.

With relgion we get all the rules created to control the masses. Totalitarianism and religion make a good pair, especially in religions such as Islam.

As I have said and am trying to point out, there is a concerted effort on both sides to spew a propaganda campaign. In this thread, Doc9 and Bombini have shown that this propaganda campaign is working. Instead of looking at a crime as an act by the individual, they have chosen to look at the act as a mandate from the religion itself.

The face of Islamist to the westerner in a western country is a false face meant to decieve him into believing that he is harmless, but the goal of Islam is to dominate the world. Anyone who denies this is a LIAR. It is written in their Koran.

So is the goal of Christianity to dominate the world. Organized religion is about power and control. Extremists and Zealots have often used religion as a basis for extreme acts of violence.

It is time for a new Christian revolutionary war. It is time for Christians all over the United States to stand up for our Judeo-Christian heritage. Our nation has slowly turned its back on God. We have forsaken our call as a nation, which is to be a light to all other nations. We have allowed a few in the secular minority to rob our freedoms, which came by the blood of many brave men and women throughout history.

The true church of Jesus Christ must arise in this desperate hour and storm heaven with our prayers. We must not relent until our Christian heritage is established again in every aspect of society. Jesus declared in John 8:36, “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” Jesus Christ paid the ultimate price for our spiritual freedom. He died and rose again in order that all who come to Him could live a life free from spiritual oppression.

The United States of America is still the greatest country in the world. However, our nation is in a battle of major proportions for its soul. We cannot allow the secular humanists, the religious liberals or the immoral of society speak on behalf of our nation. It is time that the church of Jesus Christ find its revolutionary voice, and proclaim to everyone who will listen, that this nation is and will always be “one nation under God.”

From the Pulpit: Time for a Christian Revolutionary War

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca153b8a7498.jpg[/atsimg]

Switzerland allows "anti-islamic" propaganda posters

Zurich city council said yesterday that a poster showing missile-like minarets on a Swiss flag can be displayed ahead of a national referendum on whether to ban the building of minarets at mosques in Switzerland.

www.liveleak.com...

Understanding the nature of Propaganda and it's influence on a culture is key to understanding the base root of a problem. While Islam itself is not a violent religion, those who listen to the propaganda of extremist views become a problem. It's the same with Christianity, While Christianity is not a violent religion in and of itself, it has been used many times to justify cruel acts and horrible crimes against humanity.

This is where the conspiracy exists.

[edit on 12/7/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Believe it or not, I do not live in a small town inhabited solely by WASPS. Why do people like you always come with the belief that anyone who states a perspective different than their own must be operating from a position of ignorance.

I gather your Muslim friend is the doctor. Does his wife wear a burqa, or at least a hijab everywhere she goes? What about his daughter? Get to know the guys whose wives wear burqas.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

People like me? heh.

She wears a hijab. She wears it to maintain her modesty, and it's her choice. The Burqa holds a similar meaning.

But you bring up a great point, and a somewhat contradictory one, if I'm not mistaken (and if I am, please tell me). But you seem to make the distinction between Muslims who wear the Burqa, Hijab and no veil at all. Am I right? If there is a distinction in such a simple thing as levels of modesty as it relates to the individual in Islam, then how can you make such massive judgments about the religion as a whole?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is a seven-stage plan to control radical Islam in that other thread.
It is simply an uneducated - or a fundamentalist view - to disregard history. All known wars are due to economic and social factors, as well as to culture and belief systems - but the latter two will never start a war by itself, only clashes. Where is the economic rationale of those that quote militant verses of the Quran? Do they just dismiss the heritage of colonialism and the inhuman slavery puched upon the third world by the neoliberals (capitalist fundamentalist)?
Do we want to avoid an all-out war with Islamic countries - which could be joined by Russia or China? Then let's stop hysterical shills and examine the situation with the third World and with Islam with a sober head and with some amount of self-criticism. (Anyway, Islam encourages sobriety.)

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SorensDespair

Ha! It's certainly a very, very small minority. After all, if there were 1.5 billion extremists out there blowing stuff up, we'd be a lot worse off than we are.

Is this your idea of the extent of extremism, strap a bomb to yourself and blow some people up? Everyone else is just "normal"? I would consider stoning people to death extreme. I would also consider genital mutilation extreme. Chopping off the hands of thieves, yep extreme. Honour killings, pretty extreme. Or do you suggest that these types of actions are perfectly normal? Just what is your idea of extremism?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Why dont you move to Scandinavia and live among others?
I highly doubt you know what you're talking about and bet you have not been there!

All my time I have never seen a problem with Muslims except for protesting clashes but you can expect it for any group.

One of my old friends was a Muslim and I must have offered him to share my alcohol sooo many times (because I didnt know then they couldnt!) and he always refused. But he would hold my vodka while I went to the washroom.

Maybe just the cold kept him from killing me
you can always tell the immigrants cuz they wear like 4 jackets. I just wear a t-shirt in the snow and im happy!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Are you saying that a woman who does not wear a hijab has no modesty?

There is nothing modest at all about wearing a hijab in a western nation. She might as well be wearing a giant bling cross if she was a christian. A hijab says one of two things, I am a slave to my husband, or I have no respect for your culture.

Yeah, people like you who think attacking someone with a personal insult makes you look intelligent.

I make the distinction between Muslims who respect our culture, and those who go out of the way to insult it.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

There is nothing modest at all about wearing a hijab in a western nation. She might as well be wearing a giant bling cross if she was a christian. A hijab says one of two things, I am a slave to my husband, or I have no respect for your culture.

no hijab doesnot say i am slave, its your thinking.... women wear it on her own will..

wearing a hijab is insult to your culture?? why would anyone think that?
wearing hijab donot effect your family, your people or you..and i think it doesnot insult western culture... wearing hijab is legal,then it is nothing wrong with it.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Patiently....
No one denies that violence is committed by non Muslims. The difference is that this violence is not committed in the name of their religion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join