It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islam Conspiracy

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by traumst_du

Don't let them chase you away.

You write well and express yourself clearly.

Muckster's comment was way out of line. Most likely he will be the one getting kicked.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Oh, I get it.

I have understood the situation from the beginning.

Do you now recognize that it is not about bigotry, intolerance, but about doing the things necessary to keep the bad people from hiding behind Islam while committing their crimes against humanity?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Some people are good, some people are bad, and that is the sad reality of the world. Bad people like to find ways to justify their behavior, and that is something we should not cater to.

I have nothing I can add to that - so I'm leaving well enough alone today

I hope you get to feeling better.

awww - poet - thank you - but I'm OK - my amygdala is feeling much better today

but just in case - I'm not going to take a chance on straining it

I think we've said all we can say for now - at least I have - for now

:-)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I have always gotten that there is an element of Islam that promotes violence.

The problem is, how do you keep freedom alive while at the same time stifling the problems with extremism?

Certainly you can't take away freedom for security right?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Great question, I think you have at last expressed the inherent problem.

The problem isn't just with Islam, Islam just happens to be the current largest source of extremism.

It would be nice if they could also come up with some laws to stop these weird cults that pop up from time to time without weakening our freedom of religion.

There are plenty of laws on the books that I see as a threat to my liberty, than would be effecting my liberty by banning the burqa and the hijab, and essentially all forms of the veil, except for perhaps specific holidays. Just like they ban prayer in school because it can be used as a means of intimidation, banning all forms of the veil should be enacted. The veil is a tool of intimidation and control, and that is why it should be banned.

Organizations that promote hatred and aim to control a community should not be allowed to exist, and the people who attempt to create such a organization should go to jail for such activity.

There is a clear line between organizations that promote their ideology and attempt to do good things for the community and organizations which promote violence and push an agenda.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Step one = ban CAIR.
Step two = investigate anyone and everything related to Islamic terrorism.
Step three = educate law makers.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

There are plenty of laws on the books that I see as a threat to my liberty, than would be effecting my liberty by banning the burqa and the hijab, and essentially all forms of the veil, except for perhaps specific holidays. Just like they ban prayer in school because it can be used as a means of intimidation, banning all forms of the veil should be enacted. The veil is a tool of intimidation and control, and that is why it should be banned.

Now I can understand banning the veil in school. (separation of church and state) But if you were to ban any form of the veil on the street you limit freedom of religion.

It's unconstitutional.

You would then have to ban nuns from wearing a habit in public, you would have to ban priests from weiring their garb in public. Crosses, pentacles, the star of David. All eliminated from public view. This creates a 1st amendment issue.

Because you feel it's a tool of intimidation and control does not mean that Muslims do. Some may, that's an opinion. While you may be entitled to that opinion under the 1st amendment, that same amendment allows those in the United States that believe in this religion the freedom to express that religion.

In fact, one could see banning the veil as a tool of intimidation and control as well. It could even be seen as a segregation issue. The mentality that "Your kind ain't welcome here."

Which certainly the land of the free and the home of the brave is not about.

The Puritans did not land on Plymouth rock looking for a place to construct a land of religious oppression, they were in fact escaping that exact religious oppression. Certainly we can learn this lesson from the past.

Religions and cultures add to our tapestry in this country. Our culture in America is that of inclusiveness. Those cultures that come to this country do so to add to our melting pot. Our greatest strength in this country is the fact that we aren't just one culture, we are a blend of all cultures.

This is why the statue of liberty states quite clearly, "Give us, your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to breath free."

Banning the veil is not breathing free. It is being oppressed.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Does your Uncle campaign to have English taught as a primary language in their public schools?

Does he apply pressure to have Church of England based laws incorporated and enforced ? (think Sharia here)

Lastly and most importantly...does he have any children born in that country that are willing to suicide bomb Tube stations and buses ?

Sorry my friend but I didn't serve in Northern Ireland in the early '80s just to ensure the Islamic faith could do what the provincial I.R.A. did...and be told

"Ssssh! your a racist."

If I express so much as a bad word about what is happening.

Instead..I left, I took the cowards way out. Because to be proud of your heritage and wishing to preserve it is apparently politically incorrect these days.

Whatever happened to "When in Rome" ?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by poet1b

I'm still wondering - do you think there is no bigotry here against Muslims at all?

forget about yourself for a moment

is this really what you're saying - that there is no point in even discussing it because it simply doesn't exist?

Bigotry ?

All religions are based on it.

However it is not the "people" I detest, nor even the religion.
It is the acts committed in its name. The obvious agendas that we are told to ignore..

"because your average muslim isn't that way."

I get it. The average Irishman wasn't that way either. Didn't stop my friends dying or N.I. from becoming (effectively) a war zone.\

After firsthand experience of "radicals". I've had my fill thank you.

All evil needs is for good to stand idle.

Incidentally I feel the same way about "Christian" Evangelicals, though they have not resorted to violence (yet)

[edit on 17-12-2009 by EdCase512]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

As I pointed out before,the veil has nothing to do with religion, claiming the right to force women to wear one for religious beliefs is a con job.

No one is saying that you can't wear religious symbols, you just can't wear restrictive clothing that is associated with discrimination against women, which is exactly what the veil is meant to do.

Honestly, I don't think that nuns and priests should be wearing their stuff in public except on special occasions.

They can ban smoking in public, they can ban the burqa and the hijab.

What you do in your own church or your own home is your business, but you can't force anyone to have to put up with your religious beliefs, and women running around behind the veil does just that.

You shouldn't be able to run around with a T shirt that says "Kill All whatever", enter your favorite ethinic group, and should shouldn't have your woman running around in a traveling prison.

Any woman who values her rights should be offended, IMO, anytime they see a woman in a burqa.

The message iit sends is clear. "WE WILL ENSLAVE YOU, WOMEN OF THE WEST"

It is time to end this fear of being called a bigot when a minority group is doing something offensive.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdCase512
Whatever happened to "When in Rome" ?

Rules of War is Roman, and that's Western. The others don't fight with the same morals and ethics or adhere to anything but Sharia in dar ul Islam. So it's showdown time. Star bellies against plain bellies. We'll see who's God reigns supreme I suppose.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Sadly, I know your right.
So I've taken care to place myself as far from it as I can. My "service" years are over (I hope).
I simply look for the quiet path, most of the time, and silently mourn the up swelling of ignorance in what could have been the time we began to throw off those shackles.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdCase512
reply to post by JJay55

Sadly, I know your right.
So I've taken care to place myself as far from it as I can. My "service" years are over (I hope).
I simply look for the quiet path, most of the time, and silently mourn the up swelling of ignorance in what could have been the time we began to throw off those shackles.

So I guess we can name it "unintelligent design".
I like the quiet path too.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I received this timely quote from a friend
please time to read it and think about it

German View of Islam

This is by far the best explanation of the Muslim terrorist situation I have ever read. His references to past history are accurate and clear. Not long, easy to understand, and well worth the read. The author of this email is said to be Dr. Emanuel Tanay, a well-known and well-respected psychiatrist.

A German's View on Islam

A man, whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War II, owned a number of large industries and estates. When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism. 'Very few people were true Nazis,' he said, 'but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come. My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories.'

We are told again and again by 'experts' and 'talking heads' that Islam is the religion of peace and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the spectre of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.

The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honour-kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. It is the fanatics who teach their young to kill and to become suicide bombers.

The hard, quantifiable fact is that the peaceful majority, the 'silent majority,' is cowed and extraneous.

Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant. China 's huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people.

The average Japanese individual prior to World War II was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians; most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet.

And who can forget Rwanda , which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were 'peace loving'?

History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt, yet for all our powers of reason, we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points:

Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence.

Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany , they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.

Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late. As for us who watch it all unfold, we must pay attention to the only group that counts--the fanatics who threaten our way of life.

Lastly, anyone who doubts that the issue is serious and just deletes this email without sending it on, is contributing to the passiveness that allows the problems to expand. So, extend yourself a bit and send this on and on and on! Let us hope that thousands, world-wide, read this and think about it, and send it on - before it's too late.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
"Earlier in the video he says, "This is just going to be the next Vietnam unless the American people stand up and stop all this nonsense."
The man identifies himself as Bergdahl, born in Sun Valley, Idaho, and gives his rank, birth date, blood type and mother's maiden name. He appears healthy and speaks calmly and clearly, and doesn't appear to be under duress."

www.breitbart.com...

Two notes, he doesn't appear under duress could mean that he was bled out and will be beheaded in the next couple of days.
Saying that American people need to stand up is a threat/justification of a pending terrorism attack on US soil in an immediate time frame.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Now some good news, so, let's look at this news article.

Jews/Muslims Volunteer Together

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (WJBK) - More than 900 people are taking part in the Jewish community's annual 'Mitzvah Day' volunteer effort. But, this year, there's a twist. Members of Metro Detroit's Muslim community are working side by side with Jewish volunteers.

"We hope that us coming forward and the Jewish community coming forward and allowing us to work with them really just sends a message that we have a lot more to gain working together than we do living apart and working separately," said Dr. Muzammil Ahmed of Canton. He and his family are among the Muslim volunteers.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Huh, interesting, no report of Muslim men gang raping anyone, no violence, no hatred, hmm, isn't that interesting?

[edit on 12/26/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ricwolt

Yeah, this letter expresses the way I see the situation. This is the reason most of the people on the planet live in third world nations under repressive regimes.

Multiculturalism is good, but it shouldn't prevent people from speaking out against aggressive groups.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

That's nice, good to hear this kind of stuff.

Hopefully, the radicals in Islam will mellow and join the modern world.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Hopefully, the radicals in Islam will mellow and join the modern world.

Do you honestly believe that? There have neen over 14000 Islamic acts of terrorism since 911 and they are all going to cease. There will be no more beheading and stoning or hanging of homosexuals?
Really?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Do you honestly believe that? There have neen over 14000 Islamic acts of terrorism since 911 and they are all going to cease. There will be no more beheading and stoning or hanging of homosexuals?
Really?

Yes we agree, that Radical Islam must be stopped. I do think that given time that the radical portion of Islam will be removed from the world, Not every Muslim is a terrorist.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join