It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Muslim Hijacking Dry Run?: [HOAX]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by belowcommonknowledge

Looks like Air Tran, The FAA, Homeland Security, and the MSM (by virture of their lack of coverage of this story) are trying to sweep a recent dry run for a terrorist attack under the rug. The witnesses in this article are Tedd Petruna, a NASA employee, and Chaplain Dr. Keith A. Robinson, both very credible witnesses. Mr. Petruna has received threats from the muslim community and his employer for speaking up about this incident. I am infuriated by the sickening depths to which political correctness has caused this country to sink. Joel Osteen's wife was kicked off a flight for less serious stuff than this, and 10 of the 12 suspects were allowed back on the plane and allowed to complete the flight. I think they should all be in jail for making terrorist threats for gesturing at the passengers as though they were pulling the triggers of guns at them. Thoughts?

A Hush-Hush campaign actually would not surprise me in the least. Just before Halloween this year, there as a "Bomb Incident" near where I live, and it occurred near some government offices. Tens-of-thousands of residents and commuters witnessed the massive police quarantine, along with the mobile command center set-up, and the fact that the entire street was completely shutdown with a 1/4 to 1/2 Mile Blockade Radius. I learned that this was a "Bomb Incident" through an extremely reputable source who warned a family member of mine with a bulletin (The sender was warning those who lived in the area to be careful when driving home). YET, it NEVER made the news, nor did it make the daily police news announcements, nor did it make the weekly incident summary list published by the department. I really cannot figure out why they still kept it quiet, because although I completely understand sensitive situations, I do believe that citizens need to realize just how important our National Security apparatus truly is. When we live for so long without ever hearing about likewise incidents, we easily fall into a complacency which begets vulnerability, and eventually an attack.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
As I said before, I've been on several flights, and I've seen this kind of thing happen firsthand, with Muslims in full attire. Luckily when I saw it, it was only two of them one time. Let's just say the situation was out of control. On an airplane, that's not a risk I'm willing to take. That's why I easily believe this story.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by ForAiur]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This highlights to me how effective Americas propaganda machine is.....

Men in full attire??Oh boy..must be a terrorist...

Anyone here ever been through Dubai Airport??

The new Terminal 3 is stunning...Not advisable for your average american though, if this thread is anything to go by.....Heck, even Passport Control are in "Full Attire".....

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Come on people - if you can't at least check that Snopes had already debunked this - don't bother to post it. Just another made-up story from a so-called "passenger" who was never even on the plane and clearly has a right-wing agenda.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Originally posted by belowcommonknowledge

Looks like Air Tran, The FAA, Homeland Security, and the MSM (by virture of their lack of coverage of this story) are trying to sweep a recent dry run for a terrorist attack under the rug. The witnesses in this article are Tedd Petruna, a NASA employee, and Chaplain Dr. Keith A. Robinson, both very credible witnesses. Mr. Petruna has received threats from the muslim community and his employer for speaking up about this incident. I am infuriated by the sickening depths to which political correctness has caused this country to sink. Joel Osteen's wife was kicked off a flight for less serious stuff than this, and 10 of the 12 suspects were allowed back on the plane and allowed to complete the flight. I think they should all be in jail for making terrorist threats for gesturing at the passengers as though they were pulling the triggers of guns at them. Thoughts?

A Hush-Hush campaign actually would not surprise me in the least. Just before Halloween this year, there as a "Bomb Incident" near where I live, and it occurred near some government offices. Tens-of-thousands of residents and commuters witnessed the massive police quarantine, along with the mobile command center set-up, and the fact that the entire street was completely shutdown with a 1/4 to 1/2 Mile Blockade Radius. I learned that this was a "Bomb Incident" through an extremely reputable source who warned a family member of mine with a bulletin (The sender was warning those who lived in the area to be careful when driving home). YET, it NEVER made the news, nor did it make the daily police news announcements, nor did it make the weekly incident summary list published by the department. I really cannot figure out why they still kept it quiet, because although I completely understand sensitive situations, I do believe that citizens need to realize just how important our National Security apparatus truly is. When we live for so long without ever hearing about likewise incidents, we easily fall into a complacency which begets vulnerability, and eventually an attack.

They kept it quiet because IT NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPENED

Frankly everyone should know the rules about air travel by now - you take off your shoes. your belt, you turn off your phone and you DON'T ACT LIKE AN ASS.
As much as I hate traveling on airplanes I really hate delays due to stupid behavior. Its bad enough as it is with overbooked flights, full runway slots, faulty equipment etc. etc. that cause delay after delay. If something like this really happened - even remotely true - I'd have a hard time not wanting to wring all of their scrawny necks.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
After looking into this further for several hours today and actually making some phone calls I must admit indeed it is a hoax. I made a mistake of posting before verifying in this thread, I apologize for that.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by mikelee]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Benoni,

I called your facts into question and I was wrong. I apologize to you for doing so!

Mike Lee

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsoul2009
Come on people - if you can't at least check that Snopes had already debunked this - don't bother to post it. Just another made-up story from a so-called "passenger" who was never even on the plane and clearly has a right-wing agenda.

“Snopes.com” are liberals. They have a neat way of getting into trusted positions of authority, and then feeding us the communist party line.

I don’t think this was a dry run. I actually think it’s a new tactic entirely. This new tactic is “non-violent terrorism”. In other words, they engage in behaviors which lead people to believe there is an attack. The passangers are terrorized, and yet there is no actual attack. The loud, defiant behavior is designed to instill fear. If it were a dry run, the 11 men would have been quiet, observant, inconspicuous.

This “non-violent terrorism” allows the perpetrators to create fear, but pay no price. Quite the opposite, as in the flying imam case, they are rewarded.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Wow...thanks Mike.

Sorry for the off topic post mods...but it isnt every day someone says sorry..appreciate it ...see you around.....

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

In my opinion, the muslims are all getting very brave now, since they have one of their own in the white house……read Tedd’s story below.

After that I stopped reading. Not worth my time!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
During my looking into this obvious hoax I came across this story and was directed to a link at the Washington Times by a colleague who works in DC but lives in Minneapolis. He told me about it and based on what he was told, as he relayed it to me the incident did occur. I plan on doing some further research into it in the morning.

US Airways flight disruption

Spelling error

[edit on 4-12-2009 by mikelee]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
That had to be one of the most bigoted articles I have had the displeasure of reading in my entire life. The whole story sounded of BS to me.

I can buy that some passengers were acting like jerks, but I doubt that it was a "dry run"

What kind of bull is that? "Dry run"?

The whole story seemed fishy, I am glad Snoops got hold of it and made a little more sense about it. I had to reply to that story on the OP webblog (BTW, blogs aren't credible news sources and from what I understand aren't allowed for a BAN article.)

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Here is a link to an independent investigation done on this, and it seems to corroborate the story:

Article on Flight 927 Investigation

Pretty scary stuff... glad I wasn't on the flight...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForAiur

Originally posted by mrsoul2009

“Snopes.com” are liberals. They have a neat way of getting into trusted positions of authority, and then feeding us the communist party line.

I don’t think this was a dry run. I actually think it’s a new tactic entirely. This new tactic is “non-violent terrorism”. In other words, they engage in behaviors which lead people to believe there is an attack. The passangers are terrorized, and yet there is no actual attack. The loud, defiant behavior is designed to instill fear. If it were a dry run, the 11 men would have been quiet, observant, inconspicuous.

This “non-violent terrorism” allows the perpetrators to create fear, but pay no price. Quite the opposite, as in the flying imam case, they are rewarded.

Are you aware of what you said? "nonviolent terrorism". Have you ever heard of the Jerky Boys? Why do "conservative" as in talk show folks fear the muslims so much? Oh yeah, america is still full of racist bigots. Before muslims attacked us on 911, before the cole and the african embassy attacks, what was the biggest terrorist attack on american soil? OKLAHOMA. Who perpetrated those attacks, WHITE PEOPLE. Unibomber=white dude. How about all the Christian White people who bomb abortion clinics or kill doctors who perform abortions while those doctors are in church? How come you never hear of the dangers of christian identity?
When a christian person is protesting in front of an abortion clinic, is it "nonviolent terrorism" when they insult, berate and threaten a poor girl who knows she cannot take care of a child and is seeking a clinical option? When Christian pro-lifers agree with the political goals of clinic bombers, do they support terrorism? If a person who goes to your church plants a bomb outside a clinic and kills a doctor, should you get convicted of a crime because you pray in the same place?
As for Debbie Schlussel, she is an openly conservative zionist. You can trust what she says about islam and muslims about as much as you can trust what Osama Bin-Hidin' says about Jews and Israel. And the bit about having one of their own in the white house, holy krap that guy is ignorant. Did everyone who listens to Rush Limbaugh forget that our presidents former PASTOR was skewered on conservative talk shows during the campaign? I guess my fellow americans are too ignorant to discern between Hawaii and Kenya.
Well, with all of this fear mongering on "alternative" news outlets, it looks like the terrorists (christian and muslim) have won after all

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
For all of you who think that these types of events aren't happening, and you think that certain sectors of the Arab world are not in league to take down America, you really do need to open your eyes and stop living in fantasy land. The worst trait of so many people is that they never learn how the world really works, they always deny what is flatly in their face, and they prove the maxim that "people prefer to believe what they prefer to be true."

Whether the government caused 911, participated in helping it succeed, or just stood by and let it happen, it doesn't change the fact that many Muslim zealots would love nothing more than to see America burned to the ground, or at least the "infidels" who live in the U.S. And no, not all Muslims think this way, as many are more moderate and modern in their thinking. But, just like Christians who kill abortion doctors or burn down abortion clinics, or Jews who try and carry temple implements onto the temple mount, Islam has its fanatics, those who attempt to carry out every word written in the Koran, and who believe that one day everyone on the earth will either be Muslim or dead.

Wake up people, and if you don't want to wake up, what in the world are you doing here on ATS?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnWorfin

What are you doing here on ATS? Really? ATS is the king of "alternative" news and conversation sites. You talk as if people here are the normal sleeping sheeple. Are you here to try and convince everyone that conspiracies don't exist, that all Muslims are peace-loving people, that Israel has no influence on U.S. policy, that all Christians are whack jobs, that 911 was caused by a few men hoping for 70 virgins, that all UFO's are swamp gas, that HAARP is just a harmless science tool, that chem trails are all just contrails, and that global warming is going to kill us all by 2012?

I hope you're getting paid well by your CIA masters!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Is this a joke? Is this a dry run to see who is the most stupid and gullible among us, so that they can get names for the Palin2012 email list? The MSM would be all over this, as they are in the business of sensationalist fear-mongering. This is seriously the stupidest chain letter I have ever read.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup
Here is a link to an independent investigation done on this, and it seems to corroborate the story:

Article on Flight 927 Investigation

Pretty scary stuff... glad I wasn't on the flight...

Yeah, looks like an 'independent' investigation to me. More like, printed in the conservative Canadian National Enquirer wanna be rag. As proof, here is more trash from the supposed corroborating independent investigatory news source:

America’s Great Leap Forward
By Nancy Morgan

imageThose who ignore the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them.

When Barack Obama was campaigning for president in 2007, his backers frequently compared him to former president John F. Kennedy. After a year in office, however, President Obama’s words and actions align more closely with China’s despotic Chairman Mao than with JFK’s.

When Mao Tse Tung conquered China in 1949, his secret goal was to dominate the world. When Obama was elected President, many started referring to him as President of the World. Both Obama and Mao had carte blanche to set out a path of radical change.
More...

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

I think he was trying to inject a little reality into the situation. You know reality right?

Reality is that not all Muslims are terrorists. Reality is, most Muslims are just trying to make their way in the world. Reality is, there were some jerks on a plane that couldn't understand English enough to shut off the electronic devices they were carrying. Reality is they were searched and it was found that they had nothing illegal. Reality is, this more than likely wasn't a "dry run"
it was some JERKS who couldn't figure out that they shouldn't be using electronic devices before takeoff.

But fantasy comes into play because bigots like to use fantasy to distort reality. They were Muslim, and so therefore in some narrow minded bigot's mind they automatically are terrorists.

When reading articles like this, it's probably a good idea to step back for a moment and rationalize the situation. Put yourself in other peoples shoes.

Say for instance you're on an aircraft departing from some other country, a country that you don't speak the language of. For argument sake let's say you are talking on your cell phone to your significant other somewhere, well, the engines are pretty loud, so you talk over them. Well other people around you don't understand what you are saying, because they don't speak english. But they can tell your saying something loud.

Well the flight attendant comes over and tells you to please turn off your cell phone for takeoff. Unfortunately for you, you don't understand a word she is saying. Now she seems to be getting snippy with you, but again, you don't understand anything she is saying. Now she grabs your phone, you don't know why, but it probably would piss you off, so you might say something to her along the lines of (hey (expletive) give me back my phone).

Do you see now how things can be misconstrued and get bad through no fault of your own?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join