It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An OPEN CALL to ATS users: STOP...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
reply to post by randyvs

You don't get it. I only recently started posting. I've been "logged off" for around four years now, and this is my first thread.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by EMPIRE]

Me thinks your still logged off.

This is about the second time I've had the displeasure of seeing you on the boards.

You are constantly complaining, obtuse, and generally an irritation to my posterior region.

There is a alot of good that goes on here on ats. Why dont you contribute something worthwhile? There's always room for something good.

....or you could just go back to lurking.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

It’s one thing to make claims and provide what you think is proof, but it’s another to make threads that are highly ostentatious with no shred of evidence to support the claim.

I could answer you with three words POT KETTLE BLACK, but I like to be a little more gracious than that.

Nice use of the word ostentatious because it allows me to apply it to you and this OP.

EMPIRE: How about that for an Ostentatious username? What an enormous ego there must be squeezed inside your cranium.

THE OP: Wow such an ostentatious OP, just dying to get noticed so as to stroke your ego.

WORD COUNT Over 820 words! WOW! How's about that for getting your point across succinctly. That's pretty ostentatious of you OP, sorry I can't call you empire its just too funny, and i'd never be able to finish this post.

FROM YOUR PROFILE: Hows about this for ostenatiousness, ego and narcissitic personality disorder.

Topics I Like- Anything involving EMPIRE...
Topics I Dislike- Topics not involving EMPIRE...
Stuff I Like- EMPIRE...
My Favorite Sites- Any website that welcomes EMPIRE...
More Stuff You Should Know- Long live the EMPIRE...

WOW (yes I can use capitals too) The size of the ego you reveal here is tremendous. How do you keep it all in your head?

and you ought to know, referring to yourself in the third person is never a good sign!

But don't worry. Precisely because we accept all comers here on ATS you're still welcome. Despite your personality disorder we accept you. Despite your accusations we accept you. You may not be an alien but it's people like you (and the aliens) that give us such wonderful light relief from the really serious stuff that goes on here on ATS.

I say long live the kooks (you included) because all work and no play leaves Jack so tired and downtrodden that he no longer has the energy to fight the NWO.

PS I'm really looking forward to your next ostentatious thread, do you think you could do one on Monday for me? I hate Mondays and a thread from you would really see me through the day with a smile on my face. Thanks in advance.

ooh oooh, it's time for me to sign off with capitals yey!

SPOOKFISH

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
WOW, the fallacy of logic and its inability to cope with the incommensurable

What this thread has in common with the ones it is attacking is the aftertaste of PATRONIZING. "Believe in this, don't do that!" preachy peachy

Also this thread shows a lack of compassion, since its author forgets all about external shocks and trauma that shape people throughout their lives. Thats a load of factors (social, geographical, medical, religious,.....) he is just sweeping under the table, also known as suppression, symptoms of the patriarch control freak.

On top of that the possibility and IMPORTANCE of purposeful disinformation seems to be disregarded, a lack of it would nullify any need to discern anything. Be it personal or government propaganda.

"Ray: Why is he using a chicken to measure it?
Phyllis: And he would say, "I'm using the chicken to measure it." What did he mean by that?
Ray: . . . he's using the chicken to measure it
Phyllis: Till this day I don't know what he's talking about . . .
FZ: Do it again.
Phyllis: That Tishman. That Minnesota Tishman . . . What a guy . . . "
- Uncle Meat, The Mothers of Invention

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
SIMPLE ANSWER:

This is a CONSPIRACY FORUM. Without the detractors, the hoaxers, the generally insane AND the generally genius - we would NOT be a conspiracy forum we would be Yahoo Chat.

GET THE HELL OVER IT. The hoaxers simply provide a way for the intelligent, ignorance-deniers to flex their brain muscles and learn another way to deny ignorance.

[edit on 4/12/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

reply to post by randyvs

You don't get it. I only recently started posting. I've been "logged off" for around four years now, and this is my first thread.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by EMPIRE]

Me thinks your still logged off.

This is about the second time I've had the displeasure of seeing you on the boards.

You are constantly complaining, obtuse, and generally an irritation to my posterior region.

There is a alot of good that goes on here on ats. Why dont you contribute something worthwhile? There's always room for something good.

....or you could just go back to lurking.

I have to totally agree with felonius here.

Oh and by the way 250+ posts in 30 days is not being logged off for years. I wonder how many the count would be if the maximum wasn't the last 250.

Why don't you just...............

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Sigh, how many more of these tiresome rants must we endure?

I understand where you're coming from. Yes, there's a lot of garbage on this site but there's also some quality information as well. Creating threads like this is a waste of time.

You're beating a dead horse Empire.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Why does everyone believe there is a reptilian race living under ground?
They are Giant Albino Hamster people. And I was recently abducted by them for experimentation. They even tried to shove me up one of their a..
lets skip that part.
I was able to escape because they left the keys in the mole machine. The bad part was when I hit the surface I was in china.
Yep I took the wrong exit by the lava flow. The mole machine was low on gas so I abandoned it and just walked back to Nebraska. What a day that was.

This message is brought to you by the letter B.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
seriously if you're going to make such wild claims then i'm going to have to see some sources, links, etc, etc - as it stands this is just flimflam opinionateing!

Of course i wish this site was full of sensible and simple truths however conspiracy's and psudo-science aren't that simple!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by StevesResearch
Sigh, how many more of these tiresome rants must we endure?

I understand where you're coming from. Yes, there's a lot of garbage on this site but there's also some quality information as well. Creating threads like this is a waste of time.

You're beating a dead horse Empire.

Amem and amen!

So many whiners afflicted with a bad case of PC-itus. Arrogant carbon based life stating their desire to remake the world in their own mundane image. How childish is the mindset to have everyone "the same". I revel in the extream diversity of humankind. I'm always surprised and thrilled at the ideas "outside the box" I come across on ATS. That is the VERY THING that sets us apart from all the other boring predictable sites. One can even learn from whack-jobs. Ain't life grand!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Wild claims on a conspiracy site - who would have known? LOL! Anyhow, I love coming here to debate and present views. God (or the material Universe) bless (or continue to allow) free expression of speech!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
reply to post by Parallex

Just because Obama said "We are no longer a Christian nation" doesn't mean it's true.

I'm not an American - but Obama was right, the U.S. ISN'T a Christian nation, and never was. The 1st amendment makes sure of that. I'm not an American and I have more knowledge of your countries' history and foundation stones than you do!

A vast majority of people will tell you they have a "belief in God". While not all of them are hard-core "fundamentalists",they will speak of a Higher Power and the like. Respect their right to believe what they want.(In the name of the "tolerance" and "diversity" you no doubt rally for.)

I respect and encourage the right you state here. I don't encourage and respect the 'undue privilege' that religious people DEMAND from non-religious folks - in the form of tax breaks, special privilege clubs, "If you're not Christian don't bother", constant and unwelcome preaching. The list goes on. Have your belief, and I will fight for your right to have it. But when you place your belief with a higher value than your right to have that belief, you and I have a problem.

Do you know what the fundamentals of Christian beliefs even are?

Yep, but you've kindly englightened me - as most preachers do...

Here you have it...

1.The virgin birth of Christ.

Scientifically impossible unless man has made an evolutionary jump to asexual reproduction? I believe this term actually refers to the 'virgin sky' that the SUN (the star) is reborn into in late December.

Therefore - the dogma is FALSE. Your interpretation of it is proven FALSE.

2.The sinless life of Jesus Christ.

Even your diluted / amended 'good book' states this is wrong. If Jesus existed, this book states that he sinned. He committed several sins, as was required because of his weakness as man. Or so your 'good book' tell us.

So your supposition is FALSE.

3.The substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ on the cross.

History lends no weight to the existence of Jesus - however, if he did exist, then there was no cross. At the time of Jesus, crucifixion actually took place on a single stake. Hands above their heads. So if you want to replace the cross with a stick be my guest.

Supposition proven FALSE.

4.The bodily resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ.

This is all about the SUN allegorically 'dying' and resurfacing above the horizon at the winter solstice. It is an astronomical alignment, with allegorical attachments present in every historical culture. Christianity is no exception. Even the three kings (Orions' Belt) are in alignment with the position of the SUN's ascension from the horizon.

Upon weight of evidence and historical precedent, your supposition is proven FALSE.

5.The resurrection of the dead.(At His Second Coming)

Fan of George A Romero?

6.The inerrancy of Holy Scripture.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Ever heard of the council of Nicaea? The council of Carthage? The Dead Sea Scrolls? Gnosticism? Get an education ffs.

7.The teaching of salvation by grace through faith.

A wonderful fundamental line this one. You can only be saved by faith, in his grace - you're only in his grace if you're a believer! Right? Wrong. You only need to be saved if there's something wrong. Well, I'm doing just dandy thanks, nothings wrong, I'm a good person, I don't need to be saved. I saved myself.

If that is so offensive to you, you need to question yourself as to why instead of worrying about what others believe.

I don't find religion offensive - I find the people that practice it offensive. Religion itself contains lots of different positive moral allegories. It's just that the people who practice religion never seem to practice these positive moral allegories.

What you may be witnessing is the pouring out of His Spirit that was told would happen in the Last Days. I can say with certainty that I have never felt the need to spread the gospel as I do now,and there are others like me.

Yep - there's lots like you. You're the carrier of a virus and you're spreading it. I, and others form the human anti-viral defence. I have never felt the need more than now to put people like you down, and help you recover.

Sir Isaac Newton once said,"About the time of the end,a body of man will be raised up who will turn their attention to the prophecies,and insist upon their literal interpretation,in the midst of much clamor and opposition." ( He was right!)

Indeed he was right. It's an interesting quote - nothing like punditry from that period to help an argument along. Hold on, did you think he meant this in a pro-religion sense? Oh noooooo good sir. Being intelligent, he foresaw the battle between fundamentalists and atheists - definitely worth a pundit comment from an onlooker.

He also said,"God gave the prophecies of the Old Testaments,not to gratify men's curiosities by enabling them to foreknow things,but that after they were fulfilled they might be interpreted by the event,and His own providence,not the interpreters,be then manifested to the world. For the event of things predicted many ages before will then be a convincing argument that the world is governed by providence."

Again, it's all in the language baby. You had to be smart about it back then if you were going to say something ungodly, otherwise jailtime followed. What is providence? Luck? Or God?

It's a Christians duty,and privilege,to share the gospel. We're not beating you over the head for it or sentencing you to prison if you don't believe.

I've corrected your spelling mistake for you. By the very act of spreading the gospel, you are spreading propaganda. Propaganda is considered by many to be an act of war. You entrap and snare the vulnerable and the weak, you cast certainty where only doubt should remain, you cast aspersions where only self-belief should remain. A virus, nothing less, nothing more.

Just don't say to God later on,"I wasn't told!"

I wont don't worry - he doesn't exist. God would be apologising to me anyway, according to his book, I have better morals.

The Para.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
One of the nice things about this board is that people are free to post what they want within the confines of the T&C's. So, yes, you're going to see "My mother is an alien" and other nonsensical and nonfactual threads such as these.

But, here's where you're missing it. ATS has sooooo many intelligent folks who can debate any subject and if they are proven false or a hoax, then they are labeled as such. We don't tip-toe around such matters.

And with the amount of research information that is contained in some of these posts, I'd bet you'd pay a good chunk of change for that same information on another website or in a book. It's free of charge here!

You'll never get rid of the Enquirer type of posting or the blatant one-sided opinionated posts that are nothing more than rants. Most of those threads have a very short shelf-life anyway.

I guess my only suggestion to you, when you come across those posters who irritate you with non-factual info, would be to put them on the ignore list.

The choice is yours what to read.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I have to agree with you there chap, there is just so much stuff here which is either downright evil, or just compete and utter fiction. I here what everyone is saying, and yes I have been accused of whinging about it all, or told "If you don't like if # off" . I understand free speech and all.....I guess hearing everyones opinions on that matter. And to my post on the subject there was far to much defence of the indefencable , and a lot of excuses about what happens on ATS.

I think sites like these atract some extreme people , unstable, disfunctional people. I guess we just have to ignore them. Im concerned about the growing trend of slagging people off, racism, Extreme Pro or Anti religion....the overal lack of anything useful. And when you do offer a few ideas for change, you just get bitched at.

Im trying to participate in ATS by uncovering the truths and writing about them. But also trying to put something positive back into ATS as well. A few kind words here and then to people who might need it.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I think people misunderstand ATS for a serious research site. Perhaps it was a while ago, but today it clearly isn't.
Having said that you can still find valuable information here and there, but don't expect much.
I am saddened that ATS worries more about traffic than accuracy. It remains interesting nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
In fact its amazing how Blasé some people are with what they say. This is not a challenge in anyway.....but I bet if you met some of these people in the street they would not DARE speak to you like that.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Really? Another one of these types of posts? This falls into the same category as these:

Atheists to Protect ATS - Fight the Fundies!

or

ATS should shut itself down.

NEWSFLASH!!! You do not have to read or participate in this site! This is like people that have 1,200 channels on their television and gripe about something on one station. Get real people! This site IMHO is a reflection of the real world. And if you take a moment to ponder that, lets see how scary of a world it is. Some want to silence the religious on this site like the closed thread above, others want to shut down a site that allows all of us regardless of our beliefs to speak freely because we get disrespectful (i do agree with maintaining some degree of respect to each other). This is scary! Calling for segregation and stopping free speech is a tremendous step backwards in thinking regardless of where you are from. Now people, if this site has become boring, too full of crazies, not enough crazies or whatever your beef is...you are free to go. But go or stay, people can post crazy stuff, intelligent stuff or even speculative stuff. Get busy enjoying the site or get busy looking for another one!

[edit on 4-12-2009 by ch1ldofthe70s]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ch1ldofthe70s

And let the crazy fundies win? Never. ATS will never be a site run by crazy fundies, and will not be a poster child for evangelical religious nonsense. I'd rather get banned than let that happen.

The Para.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

And let the crazy fundies win? Never. ATS will never be a site run by crazy fundies, and will not be a poster child for evangelical religious nonsense. I'd rather get banned than let that happen.

The Para.

Wow, I'm so impressed with your resolve to protect ATS from anyone who might believe on something. We are so humbled to have a great big noble type protecting us from those evil God lovers. How can we ever express our addulation for your commitment to keep the fundies from winning?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Its funny because the threads Im really sick of seeing are the ones like these. Why dont they lead by example instead creating pointless threads complaining about pointless threads.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

The Para.

AH! Para is awake! Hi dude! Look, you heard the saying "it takes all kinds to make the world go around"? Well what it means is that there is room for everyone, even the fundies. Especially on the infinite space of the internet. Try befriending some 'fundies' if for no other reason then to keep your enemies closer. I would think a simple concept such as respecting others rite to believe or not would not escape you. Nobody wins if one side is silenced or ridiculed into submission.

P.S.@ The Para - if you get yourself banned then don't they win in a certain way?

[edit on 4-12-2009 by ch1ldofthe70s]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join