It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An OPEN CALL to ATS users: STOP...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
No disrespect TS but despite having an account here for awhile your contribution level is almost non existent.

If I assume correctly, you meant to type ATS?
If you were referring to me, that is because my account was also banned for a year. Somehow, I got reactivated again in the last month.

Checkmate.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
There's always a liar, sensationalist, or idiot making things up everywhere. Consider the people at Fox News who live and breathe lies, exaggerations, and manipulations of the truth. Think about the recent balloon boy hoax on the news. Hell, consider the BS they try to shove down our collective throats everyday, how advertisements lie to you to make you feel like you NEED their product.

Not all of the people who do this sort of thing go on to make such successful attention-getting lies. I always assumed the rest of them started using the internet.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Also, OP, I totally feel you. I joined this website fairly recently after years of reading threads because I saw the quality of them go down, so I wanted to contribute and hopefully make this a better forum for everyone.

Whether I actually have or not remains to be seen (I would never say something cocky like "I saved ATS")

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by theversifier
Look, this site is run by a disinfo agent, populated by american kids who want to be Fox Mulder and usually just a good place to get a good laugh at the general views expressed!!

That's a bit of a sweeping statement don't you think? I'm a 28 year old English guy. Not a kid and certainly not American.

Having said that, I do agree that there are quite a few jokers on here, who don't even attempt to research their claims.

My advice... Ignore them.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I suggest watching this video, then carry on using ATS with these tools in mind. Its the baloney detection kit or the BS detection kit.

Point 1: How reliable is the source of the claim?
Point 2: Does the source make similar claims?
Point 3: Have the claims been verified by anybody else?
Point 4: Does this fit with the way the world works?
point 5: has anyone tried to disprove the claim?
Point 6: Where does the preponderance point?
Point 7: Is the claimant playing by the rules of science?
Point 8: Is the Claimant using positive evidence?
Point 9: Does the new theory account for as many phenomena as the Old theory?
Point 10:Are personal beliefs driving this claim?

Hope this helps as its helped me

[edit on 4-12-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Close your eyes and imagine this.....

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.

Now ask yourself this question: What do you do if you see a green light?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

what the hell does that even mean

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Damn you beat me to this, i was typing something up under the same sort of heading. Oh well at least it's up!

I'm getting a little tired of how much attention some threads get when they have crazy titles like "I'm part of the NWO, ask me anything" or "I'm from the future, ask me anything". Now i don't mind a few replies, simple questions to see what responses are given. However when they go on for 5 pages it's utterly ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This thread makes me laugh inside because it is symbolic of the type of environment we have here on ATS.

I think this would be a better place if people would just start treating others with a little decency and respect. It takes time and effort putting together these threads, not to mention a little bit of passion to share what you already witnessed for yourself.

A person can experience things that can be very difficult to provide tangible evidence of. Most of us don't have the mathematical or scientific expertise to quantify our experiences or findings, Does that mean we should just shut up and not bring it up?

This world is becoming a place where nobody believes in much of anything. Nations of science still stuck in 3rd dimensional methodologies and mind sets. A place where even God has to be broken down into numbers and formula's in order to be believed.

None of this matters here on ATS, because everyone is so bitter, angry and disrespectful to consider anything.

I can't count the numbers of rude responses that get starred here while the OP's get relentlessly pounded back into submission by the Forum gangs.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by piddles
reply to post by Kryties

what the hell does that even mean

Tell you the truth, Im not sure hehe.

Personally I have no problem with the bull# threads that appear on here. To me they are just challenges to solve - to refine the skills of catching out the bull# artists.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I have felt this way before, ... all these pre-teen twilight fans who stumbled upon this sight while doing a vampire search making outrageous claims while quietly giggling to themselves.

but then I realize, .... without them, who the hell am I going to mock ??

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Jezz watching this forum slowly tear it self to pieces is pretty funny and entertaining . I have seen it happen on dozens of other forums before! The biggest trap for forums is they turn in on them selves and on each other and after a time fighting and back biting people will just drift away to other forums.

OPEN MINDS FORUM looks pretty good!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
peopl post these threadds because they can , whether or not they are for real doesnt matter to you me or anyone else !

there is no law against it , if the mods have forum rules against it then let them worry !

all i can say is calm down !

if you dont think these people are helping then fair enough ,just ask yourself what are you doing to help ?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by EMPIRE

Damn you beat me to this, i was typing something up under the same sort of heading. Oh well at least it's up!

I'm getting a little tired of how much attention some threads get when they have crazy titles like "I'm part of the NWO, ask me anything" or "I'm from the future, ask me anything". Now i don't mind a few replies, simple questions to see what responses are given. However when they go on for 5 pages it's utterly ridiculous.

Why do you read these threads if you don't like them? You just can't justify censorship, it comes out dirty no matter how you look at it.

It's mind boggling that human slaves are allowed the gift of ascension but they demand that it be provided on a 3rd dimensional platter.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

I have felt this way before, ... all these pre-teen twilight fans who stumbled upon this sight while doing a vampire search making outrageous claims while quietly giggling to themselves.

but then I realize, .... without them, who the hell am I going to mock ??

What's the point of coming here if all you are going to do is mock people who have a point of view that you can't identify with?

[edit on 4-12-2009 by juzchilln]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by ATS4dummies

Good reply.

I have noticed that as more of the mods that are chosen are right wing fundamentalists ATS is closing off / deleting more and more of the real interesting threads.

Removing information just because it does not correspond with their beliefs sucks because it limits drastically the information one gets.

Get the information while you can folks, the real information is threatening to the "powers that be" and so they are closing in.

Can't have the monkeys getting too smart.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

The flip-side of what you are referring to is that they are beginning to only allow pro-Christian thread through as well. They can't arbitrarily shut down anti-Christian threads because they just 'want to'... or can they? www.abovetopsecret.com...

The fundie right-wing brigade has hijacked ATS, and no amount of screaming, pleading, begging, negotiating or even baiting will change that for us. I've been invited to other boards springing up because of what's happening here. It's wrong - and I agree with the OP thoroughly.

The Para.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Jeez...when will these types of threads stop?

Its actually really boring me now.

Peace.

Amen. I am tired of these scolding type threads.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
While I completely agree that seemingly extraordinary claims require some evidence in order to be embraced as plausible, let alone factual, the problem is that there is often no way (at least initially) to prove someone doesn't honestly believe what they're saying.

Every assertion requires proof before it can be viewed as factual, and as a result, that includes the assertion that someone is mentally ill, a liar, or a hoaxer. The admins don't have the resources, time, and probably the inclination (the latter is only a guess) to vet every post for evidential proofs. They leave that to the ATS community, which does a pretty good job of it in my opinion.

Combine that with the notion that anything is possible without proof to the contrary, however seemingly improbable, and you end up with a tolerance by necessity for the kinds of threads you're talking about.

I do wish people were more open minded toward their perceived experiences in the context of considering alternate explanations for what they've seen and experienced, but I've had my own bizarre experiences that lead me to at least consider the possibility that what they're saying is at least real to them. That's the thing though, of course. I will always say I don't know the truth of a matter rather than asserting it to be factually real. Some people don't do that. To each their own, I guess, but I do wish people would be skeptical of themselves.

Still, what are we to do? Like I said, tolerance out of necessity in the absence of proof of deceit or mental illness. To assume the latter without proof is just as unscientific and unskeptical as the seemingly implausible threads are labeled as being.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Just because Obama said "We are no longer a Christian nation" doesn't mean it's true.

A vast majority of people will tell you they have a "belief in God". While not all of them are hard-core "fundamentalists",they will speak of a Higher Power and the like. Respect their right to believe what they want.(In the name of the "tolerance" and "diversity" you no doubt rally for.)

Do you know what the fundamentals of Christian beliefs even are?

Here you have it...

1.The virgin birth of Christ.

2.The sinless life of Jesus Christ.

3.The substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ on the cross.

4.The bodily resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ.

5.The resurrection of the dead.(At His Second Coming)

6.The inerrancy of Holy Scripture.

7.The teaching of salvation by grace through faith.

If that is so offensive to you, you need to question yourself as to why instead of worrying about what others believe.

What you may be witnessing is the pouring out of His Spirit that was told would happen in the Last Days. I can say with certainty that I have never felt the need to spread the gospel as I do now,and there are others like me.

Sir Isaac Newton once said,"About the time of the end,a body of man will be raised up who will turn their attention to the prophecies,and insist upon their literal interpretation,in the midst of much clamor and opposition." ( He was right!)

He also said,"God gave the prophecies of the Old Testaments,not to gratify men's curiosities by enabling them to foreknow things,but that after they were fulfilled they might be interpreted by the event,and His own providence,not the interpreters,be then manifested to the world. For the event of things predicted many ages before will then be a convincing argument that the world is governed by providence."

It's a Christians duty,and privalege,to share the gospel. We're not beating you over the head for it or sentencing you to prison if you don't believe.

Just don't say to God later on,"I wasn't told!"

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Good point - but here's the rub..
these kinds of people and this kind of behavior has exisited since the beginning of human history and will continue to exist in the future. I think some of it is entertaining and thought provoking - while some of it is downright disturbing and sad.
This is why people go to school and educate themselves - so they can separate the BS from the truth. Its no coincidence that this kind of stuff has more influence over the less educated in society. Sometimes the info posted on this site leads me to believe we're not doing a very good job..

Lesson is this - we need to do a better job of teaching science and developing critical thinking in our country. A big part of that to me is literacy. The written word has and will be still the most powerful force for truth in the world. Read to your kids and encourage them to read as well.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join