It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An OPEN CALL to ATS users: STOP...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

1. I don't fear anything, I simply have a low tolerance for lying, mischief, etc at the expense of others.

2. No, I don't need anyone to think for me, this thread is proof of that.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nivcharah

But not all of these are fiction.

Which ones aren’t fiction?

There ARE some beings who happen to be extra-terrestrial and know it.

Who are these beings, and what proof do they have that they’re extra-terrestrial beings?

Why would they post here? Because people who aren't ready to know will write it off as nuts and those who are will 'get it'.

What were these people doing before ATS was created? Why is it always boiling down to “people who aren’t ready to know” and things of that nature?

Are all those posts true? Absolutely not. But some of them are. And the same goes for the other topics the OP is addressing.

Friend, which posts are true?

The OP is posting from his/her own perception of truth.

If logic, reason, critical analysis/reading are my own perceptions of truth, I’ll stick to them.

Everything in this life is based on our own perceptions of truth. What is a lie for one person may be a truth to the other.

There is a difference in perceiving yourself to be an alien and actually being an alien.

My suggestion: if you don't like a topic, don't read about it. If it's beneath you, over your head, not your cup of tea, or whatever, just ignore it. That's why we have different forums within the website.

I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again, it has nothing to do with me not liking a topic. Go back and read my last couple of responses and my OP.

Your post really just serves to appease your OWN beliefs and opinions while stifling those of the others on this site.

Not true. The post was a calling to all ATS users and call for self examination before posting. It was a call for members to question their motives and true intent before they pressed the post reply button. I clearly stated this in the OP yet you’ve blatently misconstrued what was typed and here I am replying to you.

You admit you took a FOUR YEAR sabbatical from ATS.

I didn’t admit that. What I said was, and I quote, “I’ve been a member of this site for years, but only recently started posting. I would always drop in and read threads, but I never actively participated until recently.

You don’t read. STRIKE ONE! If I took a sabbatical I would not have droped in and read the threads. STRIKE TWO! If I never made a post, it would be impossible for me to take a sabbatical from posting because my first post was only recently. STRIKE THREE! YOU’RE OUT!!!!!!

Maybe if you had not abandoned this site you'd have something to complain about.

See above, sport. I never abandoned the site, I simply never posted. What part of that don’t you get?

But you abandoned it and now us 'weirdos' have taken over. Get over it and get over yourself.

See above, and it pains me to constantly point out the fact that many of you reply without reading.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This type of thread is why I stay off youtube. Now what? ATS was my refuge.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
Okay I honestly thought when I saw this thread title the post would start with '..IN THE NAME OF LOVE, BEFORE YOU BREAK MY HEART'. But it didnt, gutted.

Heh, I was thinking along the same lines only I was thinking it was going to say: HAMMER TIME!

But seriously, why complain about these threads? Why not read them for what they potentially can be? ENTERTAINMENT

So what if it's not true. You're on a forum on the interwebs. What's good for a forum on the interwebs? Information, entertainment, arguements and...well, if there's anything else I can't think of, yeah, that's what it's for.

Take a deep breath, a step back and relax my man. Some of it is just people thinking they are what they say, people trying to yank your chain or someone who just wants to share some entertaining stuff and see how good of a writer they are.

Or, just pick your threads better.

[edit on 09126 by Echo3Foxtrot]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
STRIKE THREE! YOU’RE OUT!!!!!!

See above, and it pains me to constantly point out the fact that many of you reply without reading.

Then I guess it's a good thing you're not a Moderator on this site.

And if I didn't read your entire original rant . . . I mean, post . . . it's probably because it was long-winded. If people want to post rubbish it is his/her perogative just as much as it is mine to choose to read or pass over it. I pass over many of the threads on this board.

If someone starts a thread and they look like a weird to some and a hero to others what do you care? (That's a rhetorical question.) Live and let live.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nivcharah

Then I guess it's a good thing you're not a Moderator on this site.

Why? Because I'd have the power to remove the stupidity (your post for example) from the board? NO. Again, self examination before posting...major theme here...major theme.

And if I didn't read your entire original rant . . . I mean, post . . . it's probably because it was long-winded.

There is no way a person with reasonable cognitive skills would have read my post, made the claims you did, and asked the questions you did.

So we're on the same page, and so you're no longer appearing as a semi-functional illiterate, tell me the premise of the OP.

If people want to post rubbish it is his/her perogative just as much as it is mine to choose to read or pass over it. I pass over many of the threads on this board.

This has been addressed countless times now.

If someone starts a thread and they look like a weird to some and a hero to others what do you care? (That's a rhetorical question.) Live and let live.

See above. But the following questions I asked, which you failed to address, were not rhetorical but a direct result of your statments.

Which ones aren’t fiction?

Who are these beings, and what proof do they have that they’re extra-terrestrial beings?

What were these people doing before ATS was created? Why is it always boiling down to “people who aren’t ready to know” and things of that nature?

Friend, which posts are true?

I never abandoned the site, I simply never posted. What part of that don’t you get?

[edit on 10-12-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Fantastic thread, thanks for making it.

I agree with everything you've posted, which is why i feel that ATS is quite possibly the most dangerous website on the internet.

Its one thing to say "Is this an alien craft?" and its another to say "where all going to die, build underground bunkers".

There are so so many people who are weak minded and easily influenced, who are preyed upon, this causes an extremely dangerous situation, because it borders on cultism and fanatics.

The mods in my opinion are just not strict enough, they need to monitor the "highly speculative" sub forums with a pinch of common sense and heavily moderate threads that post wild and highly influencing topics.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to say the "i'm a lizard alien, ask me questions" threads shouldn't be stopped, just watched extremely closely and moderated.

But one thing I'm sick to the back teeth of, is the proof threads!!!!!!!!

Proof of xyz!!

Then they don't post anything resembling proof. For the love of god, when you post proof in your title, you need to be held accountable for it.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
i both agree and disagree with you...they are getting a little too prevelant but again they are part of the experience. The outlandish tabloid style claims keep things interesting. I also say let the looney act looney..if a guy wants to say hes an alien let him, the only time we need to stop him is when he tricks people into giving him money or junk like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join