It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An OPEN CALL to ATS users: STOP...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Wow, I needed that!

I would say he looks like that blonde bully always messin with McFly in Back to the future, mixed with some Flock Of Seaguls-esque bad musician from the 80's

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

No, sorry for the confusion. I was agreeing with you and directing that remark toward the OP.

Im at work so I have to be quick with my posts, lest my boss comes in and catches me on ATS again and bans me from out server for the rest of the day.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

No, sorry for the confusion. I was agreeing with you and directing that remark toward the OP.

Im at work so I have to be quick with my posts, lest my boss comes in and catches me on ATS again and bans me from out server for the rest of the day.

Yer, no worries I just re-read the post again and realised that I had the stick, but unfortunately, I had the wrong end of it.

Life goes on......

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Oh dear! I'd love to see a thread with an 'in depth' analysis of those hidden messages.. if there's going to be crap (there's just too many puns that can be made here) posted on ATS, then this is the kind of stuff I want to see!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle

Oh dear! I'd love to see a thread with an 'in depth' analysis of those hidden messages.. if there's going to be crap (there's just too many puns that can be made here) posted on ATS, then this is the kind of stuff I want to see!

You're all talk! If you want to see such a thread, make it happen. I for one would GLADLY contribute.

Its a great idea, but I reckon somebody out there will pooh-pooh it.

Puns 'r' Us.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I come here for the same reason that I look through the National Enquirer as I stand patiently in the one (and only, among hundreds of closed) open checkout line at Wal-Mart, to be entertained.

The only difference is, occasionally here I learn something new about my universe, my fellow man (or woman), and myself.

Why ruin the mental sanctuary? We get enough reality from this messed up world.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Mankind would be in a sorry state if far fetched claims like "the earth is not flat" had been squashed. One cannot make the assumption that all claims that do not adhere to society's norms are wrong.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Jeez...when will these types of threads stop?

Its actually really boring me now.

its currently fashionable and gets people stars from the others that follow the trend. The place is developing its own culture, etc and like anything, being counterculture is metal, and the new black. So, what do people in a counterculture do? they uncle tom themselves out.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have read all your comments and taken considerable consideration before making this statement.......................................................................................................

I am an Alien............from Planet X

lol!!!

Tell me about it!! I hate these people that do this!!! They must be idiots because no Alien, would in a million years communicate on ATS. ATS is for Humans to seek out the truth.

Ignore people telling you that they are getting bored of thesse types of Threads, good for you for speaking up.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yes, most posters here are sychopatic panicers.
It's like a yellow press now.
When i open the ATS page, i read it like a cheap street newspaper.
It is just destroying one's brain...
I even thought of leaving this place.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Haha, as much as I'd like to bring the 'true' message out into the open... I dont feel that the members of ATS are ready to hear it. Maybe I'll bring it up when we get closer to the ascension.

Originally posted by 6EQUJ5

Why ruin the mental sanctuary? We get enough reality from this messed up world.

This place is turning into more of a mental institution than a sanctuary.. if people are merely wanting to escape from reality, watch a film or read a book!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

I see I need to address a couple of people who refuse to read. It’s sad that I have to explain myself and knock down a couple of birds, but oh well.

I could answer you with three words POT KETTLE BLACK, but I like to be a little more gracious than that.

And your answer would clearly be wrong.

Nice use of the word ostentatious because it allows me to apply it to you and this OP.

It would allow you to use it out of context.

EMPIRE: How about that for an Ostentatious username? What an enormous ego there must be squeezed inside your cranium.

Has nothing to do with ego but what I was studying at the time the account was created.

THE OP: Wow such an ostentatious OP, just dying to get noticed so as to stroke your ego.

I’ve been here for four years and this is my first post ever. If I were “dying to get noticed” or to stroke my ego I’d have posted years ago.

WORD COUNT Over 820 words! WOW! How's about that for getting your point across succinctly. That's pretty ostentatious of you OP, sorry I can't call you empire its just too funny, and i'd never be able to finish this post.

And I could have typed 7,000 words, but I’m glad you took the liberty to count.

FROM YOUR PROFILE: Hows about this for ostenatiousness, ego and narcissitic personality disorder. ....More Stuff You Should Know- Long live the EMPIRE...

A mod or admin can verify when that was filled in. It was filled in yesterday and filled in because I couldn’t find a way to upload an avatar. I might not even be able to because my post count may be too low.

WOW (yes I can use capitals too) The size of the ego you reveal here is tremendous. How do you keep it all in your head?

It is highly unreasonable to assume that my name or capital letters reveal anything related to ego. If we were to apply your “logic”, you were probably teased as a child and called “spook fish” because of your eyes. In addition, your use of small letters would denote feelings of inadequacies that stem from the insults you received as a child.

and you ought to know, referring to yourself in the third person is never a good sign!

Referring to yourself in third person is not a bad thing as long as the voice is constant. However, you are not a psychologist or remotely familiar with the study of psychology, so how do you come to the conclusion of what is or isn’t a good sign?

But don't worry. Precisely because we accept all comers here on ATS you're still welcome. Despite your personality disorder we accept you. Despite your accusations we accept you. You may not be an alien but it's people like you (and the aliens) that give us such wonderful light relief from the really serious stuff that goes on here on ATS.

See above.

I say long live the kooks (you included) because all work and no play leaves Jack so tired and downtrodden that he no longer has the energy to fight the NWO.

Clearly you’ve misconstrued the premise of the OP and lack the ability to critically read, the above statement proves it.

PS I'm really looking forward to your next ostentatious thread, do you think you could do one on Monday for me? I hate Mondays and a thread from you would really see me through the day with a smile on my face. Thanks in advance.

If I were here to please you I would oblige, but I’m not.

ooh oooh, it's time for me to sign off with capitals yey!

SPOOKFISH

You fail at sarcasm and irony.

Oh and by the way 250+ posts in 30 days is not being logged off for years. I wonder how many the count would be if the maximum wasn't the last 250.

I've been here for four years, don't average a post a day and this is my first thread. You've been here for less then a month and already have over 15 posts. At the rate you're going you'll surpass me in less than a year.

Follow your own advice

[edit on 4-12-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Haha, yer I suppose your right. Maybe once enough 'Orgones' have collected within human consciousness and the star of Sirius has aligned with the universal constant, maybe then they will be ready.

I've heard from the galactic command center that it could happen around Decemberish, 2012.....

As for escaping reality......

I go and watch a film. But then within the film are signs and symbols that point to conspiracies......

The main character lives at house number 3. Now take that 3 and times it by 2, you get 6! Then add another 2 sixes (because of the 2 in 3x2...of course) and you get...666!

See?

Aaaaaaaaaand, then you find out the directors best friends uncles nephews granddad was a MASON!

Mind officially blown = brand new ATS thread.
Vicious circle, vicious.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Some of you are selective readers or clearly do not comprehend what has been posted even though I’ve made things very clear. I never said people shouldn’t talk about UFO’s, God, religion, crop circles, etc. What I’ve stated, twice in my OP, is that “this thread is a call for people to examine themselves before they press the post reply button." What I’ve clearly questioned are the motivations of some users but some of you are confusing that with the content being posted.

What I’ve clearly questioned are those who make far-fetched claims under the veil of “helping humanity” or whatever buzzwords and catch phrases happen to be in at the time. I also understand the motivations of some of my critics, and to be honest, you’re very guilty in your deeds. Many of you are critical because you need the people I referenced. You want to make spectacles of them, point and laugh, and say “Ha Ha he’s a...” You don’t want people to deny ignorance because you need a punching bag on ATS, a scapegoat, to make you feel superior in a myriad of ways.

Very predictable...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

STOP...? I think you'd better first influence the owners of this site to stop - ever since they published the most ludicrous article "RFID Microchips In The Swine Flu Vaccine?" I feel that they are even making fools of us.

It reminds me of the claim that was made some time ago that ATS was set up by the PTB to attract and then identify those who are likely to be disruptive of their NWO plans.

Perhaps they were right! Especially now that they have perhaps exposed themselves with this stupid article on RFID vaccine.

Also, all the clearly-evident paid consipracy deniers who on threads for weeks trying to persuade people to think otherwise.

Time to switch off ATS and find something genuine. Any suggestions?

[edit on 4-12-2009 by cavehomme]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by QtheQ

Your stating that one should have proof for making such statements but what proof do you have that one should have proof.

My claims are based on the belief that those making claims generally have the burden of proof. This is general consensus amongst judicial systems, scientists, teachers, philosophers, etc across the world.

Do you see the problem here?

There is no problem on my end, the problem lies with yourself.

It is similar to the problem that the logical positivism movement ran into as their primary thesis was something like 'all statements should be rooted or founded on empirical facts.'

You’re a selective reader and have called to question only part of the post. What you fail to address is what I typed before the piece you quoted. I never stated or implied that all statements should be rooted or founded on empirical facts. In fact, what I said was, “While some may not see it, fundamentally, there is difference between saying “my god exists” and “I’m an alien from the planet X”. On the surface, both require a lot of evidence,...”. Yes, both claims do require proof, and I said what the “proof” of those who are religious actually is. The proof is their interpretation, their scriptures, their beliefs, their predisposition to believe certain things, their faith, etc. I won’t discount their proof, simply because it isn’t within the realm of what science would want because I already said religion can answer things, and science can answer things. However, a person claiming they are an alien from the planet Zebes should have some form of proof.

Their achilles heel, of course, was that there was no empirical foundation to the imperative that their whole philosophy was founded on. Imperatives cannot be empirically verified because they are statements of ontological value such as goodness or badness and there is no element such as goodness that can be measured or weighed in the empirical manner that science requires.

See above. There is a difference between saying, “God is real” and “I’m an alien from the planet Zebes and I’ve come to save you.” I’ve clearly outlined this in my OP, yet you don’t seem to grasp this and have misconstrued what has been posted. God may exist, we may simply lack the technology to prove it, or he simply may not want to show his face. I have no problem with that. However, a person caliming to be an alien sent here to save us should have something. A rocket ship perhaps? A chart explaining where he or she came from perhaps? Advanced technology? A plan to actually help humanity? A DNA test that shows a different kind of DNA? Cohesion? You see all these people claiming to be aliens, time travelers, etc and none of them are in agreement and none of them provide clarity when they post.

In your post you stated something about thousands of children dying needlessly around the world. I, along with the vast majority of people, agree that needlessly dying children is a horrible thing and preventing such a thing from happening is a very noble cause, but you didn't provide any verifiable proof that needlessly dying children is a bad thing.

Please go back and read the OP again. Better yet, I’ll show you what I’m talking about, bold the part you should heed, and after you read it you’ll see why your statement is highly inappropriate and a straw man:

How many children die daily? Tens of thousands, yet people come here, make claims that they’re helping mankind, yet offer no plan as to how to help our children. They speak in riddles, talk of “spirituality”, repeat some of the most asinine comments in human history (“God helps those who help themselves” comes to mind), yet NEVER offer a viable solution on how to end the worlds problems.

Did you read that? People are coming here saying they are coming to help, yet outside of their own spiritual beliefs, they offer nothing tangible to help. Therefore, I don’t need to have verifiable proof that needlessly dying children is a bad thing as I’m not the one saying I’m an alien that has come to Earth to help mankind. You just said you believe it is a bad thing, yet you aren’t providing any proof, so why are you attempting to hold me to that standard?

I don't think you need empirical proof to justify the belief that needlessly dying children is a bad thing nor do I think you'll ever find it as I explained in the above paragraph but I'm just trying further show you how if you use your own criterion of requiring proof for all statements then you wont be able to support some of your own positions.

Straw man. If you read the posts and threads made you’ll see a general theme to those who make the type of claims I’m talking about. They are always part of a secret group, have secret knowledge and are here to help us poor, uncivilized, Earthlings. The criterion is not one that I’ve concocted but is rooted in the claims they make. Why is this hard for you to comprehend?

Additionally, if as you seem to indicate, helping children is the highest pursuit, I think there are some other web sites that are devoted entirely to such causes and you may want to consider frequenting those sites rather than a site like ATS where the main stated directive is to discuss the sorts of topics you either don't seem to like or you require the sort of epistemological justification that rarely or ever will be presented or found.

www.criticalreading.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hay its a conspiracy site.

We get nuts. Its this mad little world.

I tend to find a few off the wall story's funny.

It would be nice to have a part of the site for crazy stuff.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Woooow
thats deep... I was going to buy a chocolate bar last week which was 66p. I refrained when I realised that if I plucked another number 6 from somewhere then this would be the mark of the beast. Plus, the fact that it had nearly 400 calories in it just backed up my theory that this was one evil chocolate bar.
And with the impending ascension, you dont want the light beings to catch you carrying that sort of thing around.

Oh the orgones, I forgot about those!.. But yes, once sirius is aligned with the universal constant.. and this bit of fluff on my desk is aligned with the galactic centre, then we'll be good to go!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Chocolate! Don't get me started on chocolate! Hollow Earth theory? Here's what happened......a deep space Malteser collided with Earth and, because of the momentum, just went straight though.

en.wikipedia.org...

Maltesers were created by Forrest Mars, Sr. in 1936, and originally known as "Energy Balls".

Energy Balls...see the connection there? And I'm sure I don't need to point out the name of Maltesers creator

Light beings, yer, not fans of chocolate. I knew some geezer who got caught with a couple of Crunchies during ascension and spent eternity scrubbing toilets in Shangri-La.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Chocolate! Don't get me started on chocolate! Hollow Earth theory? Here's what happened......a deep space Malteser collided with Earth and, because of the momentum, just went straight though.

en.wikipedia.org...

Maltesers were created by Forrest Mars, Sr. in 1936, and originally known as "Energy Balls".

Energy Balls...see the connection there? And I'm sure I don't need to point out the name of Maltesers creator

Light beings, yer, not fans of chocolate. I knew some geezer who got caught with a couple of Crunchies during ascension and spent eternity scrubbing toilets in Shangri-La.

Ah yes, I heard mutterings of this during my starchild support group meeting.

Mars incorporated... that says it all really. That isnt iron oxide on mars, its CHOCOLATE.

I'd also like to point out - 'the lighter way to enjoy chocolate'. Now we know who's at the root of this whole thing.
These revelations are playing havoc with my vibrational frequency, Im going to go consult the bible, see if it can shed any light on whats going on here.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join