It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fuming Mad Christian

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I personally have issues with anybody that can believe something with no thought process at all. Calling it something light and fluffy like "faith" does not change what it is.

Mindless cult following.

I find it dangerous and it can only lead to evil no matter how good the intentions,( as history has witnessed time and time again ). So the question to the OP should be..... " Why would we not get angry at people who are too lazy to use their brains, and find it easier to just "believe"

I wonder out of God and the Devil who would be the laziest ?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
I am addressing everyone and anyone who has problem against Christians.
First off when you say Christians, Who the H. E. double hockey sticks are you referring to?
There are over twenty two denominations and or sects and they are not all the same.

Second, What is your big problem anyway? Is it that we have faith and believe in Christ?
Is it that we Cloth the poor? Feed the Hungry? Comfort the sick?Help the homeless?
(Whens the last time you did that?)

Or maybe its because of our close ties to Judaism and Israel.

FACT: America is a Christian country and was founded on Christian Values.

Our national motto is IN GOD WE TRUST for crying out loud,Which in my opinion is undeniable PROOF that the United States government acknowledges that the God of the Christian Bible exists.

If you have a problem with Christians you have a problem with America. And God knows America does not need anymore problems. So please, just CHILL OUT !!

Mods:please feel free to post where you think appropriate.

I really hope this is a joke thread, you have way to much emotional bias to be taken seriously. so lets see.

Q: Who are we talking too?

A: the most visible and crazy christians, who act nothing like the christ Ive heard about.

Q: what is our problem?

A: There are many of you who claim to be christ-like, or christian, and yet are not christ-like at all. Again.

Q: our close ties to Israel and judaism?

A: Jews do not believe in jesus. They persecuted him.
Muslims on the other hand, believe in Jesus, and that he was a great prophet.
To be christian is to believe in Jesus. Judaism and Israel DO NOT believe in jesus. so you are at odds with yourself here.

NOT FACT: America is a Christian country and was founded on Christian Values.

A: America was founded with a thing religious freedom. The Freedom to practice religion as you see fit. Ideas like, you coudln't be punished for NOT going to sunday church. On top of that, Freemasons of THAT day had a large, large hand in creating America. Freemasons, DO NOT have to believe in a christian god, just a SUPREME BEING. Their are men of all faiths in freemasonry.

I find your post to be ludicrous at best. Do not ever think for ONE second that you represent GOD, or have figured out the immense complexities of god.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Interesting topic and I will tell you exactly what I have against Christians:
I was raised in a family, with a father who was an excommunicated divorced catholic and a mother who was prostitant. Now according to the Catholic priest and dogma, I did not exist, nor could I be given any comfort, because of that. But that did not matter, my mother saw to my spiritual upbringing. I was devout for the early part of my life, went to bible camp, got awards for memorizing scriptures, tried to do the right thing. Then one day that all came crashing down, who would have thought that a child would have a crisis of faith, and yet no answers came. Yet I tried to deal with such, having to come to terms with myself, and what I believed. Grew up and away from the church, about the time I was told that I would go to hell for having long hair, being a male, (Course all of the pictures that was ever printed of Jesus, he has long hair) and then got curious about the other stuff that is out there, different religions. Now I read through the bible, several times, though can't quote much. And in my time on this earth, having attended many different churches, questions are never answered beyond biblical refernece, I sought out other reliegions, and explored and found what was correct for me.
In that time I have experienced hatered, ignorance and contempt by those who are "christian". I have been demonized and slandered by "Christians" of different demoniations, all based on a lack of understanding who I am. I have seen different sects of christians proclaim books and music as evil, and not even pick up said book to read or listen to the music being condemed and find out for themselves if it was or not, only going on hearsay.
It is the lack of tolerance and compassion that I do not like, rather than the actual religion. Having read the bible, the ideals that were put down are good ideas, and a means to live, but many miss the message, and a majority unfortunately morn their belief, instead of celebrating it, treating such as a burden, instead of a joy. When hate is backed by the word of religion, or those in a position of religious authority, then it is no longer a good thing.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Regarding "Good Christian Values ".....

I fail to see how any good Christian could support Israel, because pretty much everything they do and stand for goes against his teachings. So the U.S. is not running on Christian values anymore.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
" Do not ever think for ONE second that you represent GOD, or have figured out the immense complexities of god. "

Don't you know VONDOOMEN, as soon as you become a "believer" you automatically have the ability to perceive infinity and an omnipotent beings thoughts. You and I are just mere mortals whose brains can not handle the truth.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Now if you think that the Constitution is a religious document or that the country is a Christian Nation, perhaps you should look at history. The main reason for the seperation, if you look at history, is that for too long the people of Europe lived under 2 seperate laws of the land, that of the nobility and that of the clergy. It was the clergy that could have a person imprisoned or executed without so much as a trial, or would go to the local nobility and have them do the deed. The Founding fathers held beliefs in their own rights, but at the same time saw the abused by the different churchs all in the name of God.
On the flip side, and this may shock some people, I am also against the removal of any religious icon from any public establishment, or courthouse, especially when it has been there for years and years, or was chosen, in the case of a momument by the very people it was there to honor. It is a part of the countries heritage. There is a time and a place for the worship of what every you may or may not believe in, and never at the expense of either another persons belief, the progress of knowledge, or the people who govern the land.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
No problem from me. I'm pretty indifferent to Christians actually, and in fact, I actually admire some of the religion's tenets.

And this is coming from a Native American.

[edit on 10/26/2009 by nethawk]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
So much war and pain in history in the name of religion.

I have never been able to understand why any person would find it needful to press their definition of God/Heaven/Hell on someone else.

Belief/God/Faith ... these are all things that live inside us. As individual people why should we believe the same thing?

As far as I can tell religion is a hijacking of personal beliefs for the betterment of the 'leaders'.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I've got nothing wrong with Christians, blind faith is another thing, you have to admit you've had no solid proof of God's existence, therefore the faith of all Christians is a blind belief system "taught" to them.

I'm not saying that there isn't a creative force, but believing it's an invisible man in the clouds is the same thing as a child believing in Santa Claus, or the Easter bunny.

America was founded on Christian values but the founding fathers we're definitely not Christians, they we're definitely aware of the "god like force" of the universe, and they knew it wasn't a man in the clouds.

I may have your perception wrong but isn't that what all Christians believe? Some guy watching over them from above? Come on now, that's just delusional. Get in touch with your spirituality and you'll learn what god really is, I'm not pushing some new age crap either, people desperately need to make the shift from religious to spiritual.

Religion is just a tool. A tool used to indoctrinate, instill certain beliefs upon, and enslave your mind. If you don't think that they've imprisoned you within your own mind, do this right now, think the thought that god definitely does not exist, say it in your head as if you actually believe it. Most Christians cannot do it because "God" says it is a sin to beLIEve such things.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by someguy420

Sorry, thats wrong.

Many people like myself had little to NO religious education or indoctrination and became Christians overnight, through repentance and prayers to G-d.
I was and addict and liberal activist one day and a born again child of G-d the next.
It's that easy to talk to G-d with His Son.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
OP there are many good responses to your questions, and it seems to make you uncomfortable, I suspect you have little self-awareness or the maturity that might help you understand and hopefully question your attitudes. I hope I am wrong about that.

Learn from it, don't recede and hunker down into your faith in fear. Face the challenge and grow. Seek god and leave the rest of us in peace to do the same if we wish. It's simple really. You don't need to belong to an outreach organization to do that.

An excellent book you might find interesting on this very subject is "Stealing Jesus" by Bruce Bawer, a man who identifies himself as a Christian. An intelligent critique of the state of the church. I dare you to read it.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I just wanted to comment about what is a Christian? The real conspiracies are right in front of us and we can'te even see them. I would bet that 99.9% of people on this forum cannot explain the phrase "The Church made without hands"......they would not even understand what that means. It means that the REAL church is not in a building, or on TV or down the street corner (55,000 churhes in one county along in WV)!! A town of 918 has 13 churches! The REAL chuch is a Spiritual body of born-again believers all over the world that are in the real body of Christ and Jesus is the head of this church. Most "Christians" don't even know who God really is! They do condem and Jesus taught that we are no longer under condemnation through HIM. Christians think you must go to church and must go to THEIR church on Sunday, Wed night and MUST tithe! Tithing to me means helping someone or giving your time - it does not necessarily mean 10% of your money or income. Also, some people MUST work on Sunday and cannot get to a church. I have been in hundreds of churches over the years and most of the time as soon as the members get outside the door (and sometimes inside the doors) they are mean, depressed, cruel, talk about their neighbor, perverts, adulterous, would not help you if you needed it, pass up members who have to walk to church in the rain and don't even offer them a ride! The preachers are even worse! They use "tactics" to get you to give your time and money to THEM! If you don't, then you are out of order and not listenting to your LEADER! Most church members are not even in the truth and they do not even have a personal relationship with Jesus! They don't even understand the scriptures because the only way you can understand them is through the Holy Spirit. The carnal mind of man cannot understand the spiritual things of God. Unless you have been "born again" by the Spirit of God, you will never understand it. The flesh will always be in battle with the Spirit once you are born again. It is always a struggle and that is why Paul said he was finding himself doing the things he shouldn't be doing and not doing the things he should be. Yes, the parables in the Bible are symbols so to speak to teach us and the book of Proverbs are very wise. Psalms are very good also. I don't believe you should force any religion on anyone. I found God when I was not looking, I was in a bad way and fell on my knees and called HIS name and that is how I found HIM. I have told my children if they want to know who HE is to ask Him. HE will come into your life IF you ask Him and if you believe and have Faith to believe in the resurrection of Jesus and how HE rose from the dead and you confess your sins to HIM. It is really simple. People say, what next after you find Him? Well, I just studied the scriptures and asked the Holy Spirit to explain them to me and HE did. You will go through things good and bad but you will learn from them and you will be like a piece of gold. To become gold, the metal must be burned or heated to a very high heat and then the impurities are burned out and the gold becomes pure. This is how life is. It takes time and years and right up until it is time to leave this world. You will always be learnin EVen though there have been wars and more wars and killings in the name of religion, Jesus is not a religion. Christianity is not a religion. You just have to believe and know that the church is spiritual and not in a building. Man has an evil heart and it is only through the BLOOD of Christ and accepting HIM as your personal saviour (it is up to each person to find HIM and when you really find HIM =, you will know it!) No one will have to tell you. And, it is lie from the devil that you are going to hell if you don't do this or that. GOD is LOVE! LOVE cast out all FEAR! Like I told my kids, if you want to know who God is, Ask HIM! .....................Amen and Amen

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mandi1011

Very good post mandi.

I have but one question. If Hell is a lie, what do you suppose God does with those who wouldn't call on His name and share in His goodness?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The last thing I feel within myself when I am fuming mad is "Christian". Yep, Jesus got fuming mad one time that I recall in my sunday school classes. I figured he had a pretty good reason to get fuming mad, seeing how "his Father's house" had been turned into a money scheme. Gee, I wonder how he would react today if he was here, eh?

Imagine being nailed to a cross of sorts. Now, that would really!! piss me off. But if that happened to me, I suppose I should really feel "Christlike".

Hey, some Christians around my neck of the woods get really fuming mad when they see men wearing piercings. I don't understand why. Jesus had piercings.

Way earlier in this thread someone posted a definition of sorts about what being a Christian is. Trying to be like Christ, I think it was, something like that. Hmmm.....I thought being a Christian meant being a person who believed Jesus was the Son of God. As I was taught in me younger days, being a Christian only meant one believed in Jesus. It couldn't have been anything other than that, surely, because I don't recall any adults in the myriad of churches my parents dragged me kicking and screaming to being Christlike. Eh, maybe they were after all. They often got fuming mad and practiced not sparing the rod and spoiling the child.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

I just wanted to comment about what is a Christian? The real conspiracies are right in front of us and we can'te even see them. I would bet that 99.9% of people on this forum cannot explain the phrase "The Church made without hands"......they would not even understand what that means. It means that the REAL church is not in a building, or on TV or down the street corner (55,000 churhes in one county along in WV)!! A town of 918 has 13 churches! The REAL chuch is a Spiritual body of born-again believers all over the world that are in the real body of Christ and Jesus is the head of this church. Most "Christians" don't even know who God really is! They do condem and Jesus taught that we are no longer under condemnation through HIM. Christians think you must go to church and must go to THEIR church on Sunday, Wed night and MUST tithe! Tithing to me means helping someone or giving your time - it does not necessarily mean 10% of your money or income. Also, some people MUST work on Sunday and cannot get to a church. I have been in hundreds of churches over the years and most of the time as soon as the members get outside the door (and sometimes inside the doors) they are mean, depressed, cruel, talk about their neighbor, perverts, adulterous, would not help you if you needed it, pass up members who have to walk to church in the rain and don't even offer them a ride! The preachers are even worse! They use "tactics" to get you to give your time and money to THEM! If you don't, then you are out of order and not listenting to your LEADER! Most church members are not even in the truth and they do not even have a personal relationship with Jesus! They don't even understand the scriptures because the only way you can understand them is through the Holy Spirit. The carnal mind of man cannot understand the spiritual things of God. Unless you have been "born again" by the Spirit of God, you will never understand it. The flesh will always be in battle with the Spirit once you are born again. It is always a struggle and that is why Paul said he was finding himself doing the things he shouldn't be doing and not doing the things he should be. Yes, the parables in the Bible are symbols so to speak to teach us and the book of Proverbs are very wise. Psalms are very good also. I don't believe you should force any religion on anyone. I found God when I was not looking, I was in a bad way and fell on my knees and called HIS name and that is how I found HIM. I have told my children if they want to know who HE is to ask Him. HE will come into your life IF you ask Him and if you believe and have Faith to believe in the resurrection of Jesus and how HE rose from the dead and you confess your sins to HIM. It is really simple. People say, what next after you find Him? Well, I just studied the scriptures and asked the Holy Spirit to explain them to me and HE did. You will go through things good and bad but you will learn from them and you will be like a piece of gold. To become gold, the metal must be burned or heated to a very high heat and then the impurities are burned out and the gold becomes pure. This is how life is. It takes time and years and right up until it is time to leave this world. You will always be learnin EVen though there have been wars and more wars and killings in the name of religion, Jesus is not a religion. Christianity is not a religion. You just have to believe and know that the church is spiritual and not in a building. Man has an evil heart and it is only through the BLOOD of Christ and accepting HIM as your personal saviour (it is up to each person to find HIM and when you really find HIM =, you will know it!) No one will have to tell you. And, it is lie from the devil that you are going to hell if you don't do this or that. GOD is LOVE! LOVE cast out all FEAR! Like I told my kids, if you want to know who God is, Ask HIM! .....................Amen and Amen

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Congressional Prayer Proclamation, 1779
Continental Congress
March 20, 1779

With the war grinding on In to Its fourth year, this Congressional prayer proclamation evoked a somber tone about the "calamitous" war. They asked for Divine guidance to their commander In chief and asked God to be "be our Shield in the Day of Battle."
March 20, 1779
WHEREAS, in just Punishment of our manifold Transgressions, it hath pleased the Supreme Disposer of all Events to visit these United States with a calamitous War, through which his Divine Providence hath hitherto in a wonderful Manner conducted us, so that we might acknowledge that the Race is not to the Swift, nor the Battle to the Strong: AND WHEREAS, notwithstanding the Chastisements received and Benefits bestowed, too few have been sufficiently awakened to a Sense of their Guilt, or warmed with Gratitude, or taught to amend their Lives and turn from their Sins, that so he might turn his Wrath:

In just Punishment of our manifold Transgressions, it hath pleased the Supreme Disposer of all Events to visit these United States with a calamitous War
AND WHEREAS, from a Consciousness of what we have merited at his Hands, and an Apprehension that the Malevolence of our disappointed Enemies, like the Incredulity of Pharaoh, may be used as the Scourge of Omnipotence to vindicate his slighted Majesty, there is Reason to fear that he may permit much of our Land to become the Prey of the Spoiler, our Borders to be ravaged, and our Habitations destroyed:
RESOLVED,

THAT it be recommended to the several States to appoint the First Thursday in May next to be a Day of Fasting, Humiliation, and Prayer to Almighty God, that he will be pleased to avert those impending Calamities which we have but too well deserved: That he will grant us his Grace to repent of our Sins, and amend our Lives according to his Holy Word: That he will continue that wonderful Protection which hath led us through the Paths of Danger and Distress: That he will be a Husband to the Widow, and a Father to the fatherless Children, who weep over the Barbarities of a Savage Enemy: That he will grant us Patience in Suffering, and Fortitude in Adversity: That he will inspire us with Humility, Moderation, and Gratitude in prosperous Circumstances: That he will give Wisdom to our Councils, Firmness to our Resolutions, and Victory to our Arms: That he will bless the Labours of the Husbandman, and pour forth Abundance, so that we may enjoy the Fruits of the Earth in due Season: That he will cause Union, Harmony, and mutual Confidence to prevail throughout these States: That he will bestow on our great Ally all those Blessings which may enable him to be gloriously instrumental in protecting the Rights of Mankind, and promoting the Happiness of his Subjects: That he will bountifully continue his paternal Care to the Commander in Chief, and the Officers and Soldiers of the United States: That he will grant the Blessings of Peace to all contending Nations, Freedom to those who are in Bondage, and Comfort to the Afflicted: That he will diffuse Useful Knowledge, extend the Influence of True Religion, and give us that Peace of Mind which the World cannot give: That he will be our Shield in the Day of Battle, our Comforter in the Hour of Death, and our kind Parent and merciful Judge through Time and through Eternity.

Done in CONGRESS, this Twentieth Day of March, in the Year of Our Lord One Thousand Seven Hundred and Seventy-Nine, and in the Third Year of our Independence.

JOHN JAY, President.

Attest. CHARLES THOMSON, Secretary.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

J F'n Christ H.E. double hockey sticks is lame

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have no problem with Christians or with America. Suggesting that anyone who has a problem with your chosen religion is hence anti-American is a ridiculous standpoint. What you are talking about is a fascist theocracy that thankfully does not exist in the US.

Maybe that is your vision of how things should go but it is certainly not mine.

I think you confuse free speech and a growing displeasure with religion in general with 'christian bashing' yes a lot of people hate christians, and I dont think they could be blamed for that. The bible is responsible for more deaths than any other book in the history of mankind.

Anyone who blindly believes in some supernatural entity and expects said being to solve all their problems for them needs their head examined if you ask me. I really do wonder about the basic sanity of any person who lives in the developed countries of the world we live in today and who actually honestly believes any of that guff.

The bottom line is RELIGION IS A BAD THING. We should have evolved past it. It's a crutch we as a species no longer need. It's time to wake up.

Trying to point any of these things out to a standard issue bible thumper gets you no-where usually. you just meet this unbreakable wall of faith. What I find interesting are the ones that come on ATS trying to defend the dogma that has been brainwashed into them. It's almost like they want others to dis-prove it to them. It's the ones that froth the most that there is actually hope for I think.

My vision of a perfect world would be a world completely free of religion in all its forms. We dont need it. It gets in the way.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

I'm talking about religion, it's a total prison for your mind. People that are turned over night like you said you were, discovered the spirituality for themselves, witch I give total props for. Discovering God for yourself, would you claim that he's a man in the clouds?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by moocowman

That's right the Exodus simply did not happen it is a BS story in the bible, but a very big and important story

How do you get away with this stuff?

Lets try this for a second. I'm going to tell you what that statement says to me, and you tell me, if that is the message you wanted me to get.

What that says to me is the story of Exodus is a big fatmouthed lie
from a book of big fatmouthed lies.
Though it is a big and important story.

What could be so important about anything that is a lie.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by randyvs]

I feel he's saying that it's an important story in the context of the Bible.

Otherwise,no, it's not that important.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join