It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fuming Mad Christian

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think living things seem to just be designed to hate on other living things, and the closer the other thing is to you, the more you hate on it. That's why people hate on people and animals hate on animals. Red squirrels hate on gray squirrels, red ants hate on black ants, every imaginable sub group of people hates on all the others, and I would imagine that if there are differences between slugs the different slugs are hating on each other in some freaky unknown garden war. You can even take the cutest animals on Earth like Pandas and Koala Bears and you can bet that they are total holes to each other.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Hope you don't mind but that is such a neat point I feel I have to re post it, as I doubt if the poster will read it in another thread.

Because christians make a more regular nuisance of themselves in the united states than any other religious group. Mormons did not stand at the gates of my high school handing out bibles and threatening damnation. Muslims did not corner me at age 11 and tell me that I was going to burn in hell for all eternity if I didn't accept Jesus. No jew has ever invited me to a bible study group...two or three times a year for a decade. Hindus don't ask me to get on my knees and and accept Jesus as my personal savior on a regular basis. And yet I have experienced all of these things from christians.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I love these threads and debates of the great fairytale titled the Bible. It is so very amuzing to see a bunch of people arguing over points that they have no proof of, only the words of a book written and rewritten over and over for the last 1700 or so years.
When you all can give me absolute answers, I'll listen...until then, I think I'll read a little bit more from Alice in Wonderland.....makes a little bit more sense then you all claim.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by prevenge

I do however have a problem with the world's population being divided in it's common perception of reality.

And that needs to be alleviated some day, in order for us to rech a general concrete concensus of what we are, what is the absolute understanding of god and what it/she/he is in relation to us.

We are spiritual beings and the cold hard reality is that Without God everything is meaningless. Put that in your intelligent blender.

At the ABSOLUTE, Everything already is meaningless unless we personally decide apply meaning to it.
Every instance, every event...
Is completely empty and without meaning unless we decide to apply meaning to it ...

Meaning BASED on our temporary, perception of the world and reality based on the data we've accumulated.

It is all perception.

To realize the vital acuality that we are all one consciousness, and that the heart of God is indeed the heart of man...

Is for this portion of God, here on earth, our collective familial consciousness... to remember himself as what he/she/it actually IS ...

which is US.

we are a portion of the whole... and everything exists within us.

to eternally strive for an external savior is to be eternally damned into a foolish and destructive logic-loop-circuit of damnation away from wholeness with absolute actuality.

to eternally strive towards a perfectly imagined persona of Creation... and to strive towards the qualities of said Creator, real or imagined.. is to stive toward self-perfection...

step by step ...allowing reception of the Creator's giving, to empower us, to become more like the Creator.. in order to give and give more of the time and receive less of the time.. though correcting the circumstances of our reality, for a speedier union with these qualities...

to expidite absolution.

so i half-heartedly agree with your sentiment as to life having no meaning without a universal Godhead..

yet I pledge that it requires our eventual complete and unified cooperation as a species in order to together manifest the experiential reality of that meaning.

discovering how to bring the end-goal of that idea, technologically, biologically, spiritually, into being a literal physical action-based reality into fruition.

-

link   
America isn't a Christian country. One of the major reasons this country was founded was because the founders wanted religious freedom. They didn't base this country on "Christian values." Also, if this country is a "Christian country," then what ever happened to the separation of church from state?

link   
reply to post by oliveoil

America and the world is now, and have always been raping the planet for
profit and greed. Almost all religions have supported this as that is why we are at this point in time. How many native Americans were murdered by such good christen values? And the Buffalo? And what are we doing to Earth?

The truth is coming

viewmorepics.myspace.com...

TOG

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

If you have a better topic than God to argue about show me.

Campagnolo verses Shimano

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

Christians are their own worst enemy with their spiritual arrogance and holier than thou attitudes.

And then whining like crybabies complaining about being picked on when their "witnessing" is rejected.

I don't experience that from the secular world or pagans or Jews etc.

You are right. Its a difficult task making non believers deny ignorance.
Speaking of Jews they have been arguing about God thousands of years before us Christians. If you have a better topic than God to argue about show me.

Here's a thought....

Leave me alone, and let's not argue about God or anything else.

You started the thread and now you are getting all snarky when people don't agree with you.

You are just starting to sound more troll like with every post.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Not cheeky at all. It simply means I've done my research.
Its true that there is no proof of egyptian enslavement of the Jews, but geographic location is enough to know they share some ancestry.
As far as Moses, i couldn't agree with you more...

And then there is the plagiarized story of Moses. Upon Moses' birth, it is said that he was placed in a reed basket and set adrift in a river in order to avoid infanticide. He was later rescued by a daughter of royalty and raised by her as a Prince.[S141] This baby in a basket story was lifted directly from the myth of Sargon of Akkad of around 2250 b.c. Sargon was born, placed in a reed basket in order to avoid infanticide, and set adrift in a river. He was in turn rescued and raised by Akki, a royal mid-wife.[S142] [S143] [M]

Furthermore, Moses is known as the Law Giver, the giver of the Ten Commandments,[S144] the Mosaic Law. However, the idea of a Law being passed from God to a prophet on a mountain is also a very old motif. Moses is just a law giver in a long line of law givers in mythological history. [S145] In India, Manou was the great law giver. [S146] In Crete, Minos ascended Mount Dicta, where Zeus gave him the sacred laws. [S147] While in Egypt there was Mises, [S148] who carried stone tablets and upon them the laws of god were written.

And as far as the Ten Commandments, they are taken outright from Spell 125 of the Egyptian Book of the Dead. [S149] What the Book of the Dead phrased "I have not stolen" became "Thou shall not steal," "I have not killed" became "Thou shall not kill," "I have not told lies" became "Thou shall not bear false witness" and so forth. [S150] In fact, the Egyptian religion is likely the primary foundational basis for the Judeo-Christian theology. [M] Baptism, [S151] afterlife,[S152] final judgment, [S153] virgin birth [S154] and resurrection, [S155] crucifixion, [S156] the ark of the covenant, [S157]circumcision, [S158] [S159] saviors,[S160] holy communion, [S161] the great flood, [S162] Easter, [S163] Christmas [S164] [S165] , Passover, [S166] and many many more, are all attributes of Egyptian ideas, long predating Christianity and Judaism. Zeitgeist Transcript

As was my first point, everything is just a copy from something else.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You have quite a cool view on existence which has interesting meaning, but I'm very sorry to say your thoughts are way beyond the average bible bashers capacity to think freely.

Star for your post anyhoo, nice contribution

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Its true that there is no prrof od egyptian enslavement of the Jews, but geographic location is enough to know they share some ancestry. As far as Moses, i couldn't agree with you more...

That's right the Exodus simply did not happen it is a BS story in the bible, but a very big and important story.

So if this (probably one of the most ipmortant) story is BS how much more of the bibles are BS ? Well we kno they are riddled with contradictions and factual errors. So it would be safe to say the bible are "mostly" BS.

You (not you personally) simply cannot go round telling other people that they should live their lives based on a BS story book, and it is absolutely wicked to present these books to children as truth or factual.

By the ay I'm more inclined to think that there's a fair chance that the Moses character was an allusion to Ramses.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

You have quite a cool view on existence which has interesting meaning, but I'm very sorry to say your thoughts are way beyond the average bible bashers capacity to think freely.

Star for your post anyhoo, nice contribution

thnx. wish more were on the level.

but hey... patience a virtue right? ... It definitely is.. but sometimes .. when you're facing a cataclysmal global renovation order on the horizon.. you realize people need an ...//ahem// CATALYST // towards understanding these root truths...

before 'time' runs out... the 'reel' of history expires... etc...

//ahem//

-

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Well, the content of your post speaks for itself. Of course you can't see beyond your myopic viewpoint. What's the problem? Tying nationalistic/patriotic concerns with religion? Thinking that you have a god-given mandate to convert people, and to trying to make everyone conform to christian values whether they're a christian or not. America is a christian country? Really? Have you seen some of what Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin had to say concerning the church? It's America/christianity together or nothing, huh? Please, believe whatever nonsense you like. Life your life by it. Just leave the rest of us, who aren't on your god-trip, alone. Hey- you asked.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

This has been precisely my beef with all three of the Abrahamic religions. Thanks for posting the videos. They are quick to judge and condemn belief systems which they know nothing to little about, but damn you if you actually read up on their religion and criticize them.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I am addressing everyone and anyone who has problem against Christians.
First off when you say Christians, Who the H. E. double hockey sticks are you referring to?
There are over twenty two denominations and or sects and they are not all the same.

I'm sure I'm just another person to respond but allow me to give my first hand experience.

While I do not speak for all "Christians" I was one and grew up in the church. Like you mentioned they're many different denominations of Christianity but the core principles have to be the same or you can not by definition call yourself a Christian.

Allow me to give a little back ground. From birth I was raised in a Christian church. I was raised Presbyterian, if I had to choose a denomination. Growing up it's all I knew, with little world experience like anyone else I assumed what I was told was correct and the only way to live.

As I got older I became more and more aware of the injustices, hypocrisies, and the double standards. It ultimately was the these observations that lead me away from the church and more towards my own spirituality.

From youth pastors molesting children, to mis-allocations of funds, to church leaders contradicting themselves, to times in my life when I needed support and I got nothing but a cold shoulder. These are a few examples I will speak about publicly that all have changed my attitude towards Christianity as a whole.

As time went on I've let go and forgave those who harmed me. I've realized that we are all human. That humanity in fact is to blame for most of the ills in the world, not to mention our ignorance and ill tolerance.

If I had one piece of advice for Christians it would be this. Do not judge unless you wish to be judged. He who is without sin cast the first stone. The fact of the matter is everyone is imperfect and if you believe in God then you are NOT man's judge.

Most people are turned off from Christianity mainly because of the judgment they receive. Are you not commanded to love your neighbor (fellow man) as you would your self?

To sum it up, what people have against Christianity is the claim you are setting your self to a higher standard, yet you fail day in and day out. Are you not called to be the "light of the world". The fact the matter, from a 3rd person perspective it appears that at times there is more darkness created than light.

Second, What is your big problem anyway? Is it that we have faith and believe in Christ?

It is a common belief by Christians that Christians will be hated because you love Christ.

So lets get this straight, you hated because you hold a belief? Or they're is some sort of supernatural event going on to conjure up hate towards Christians? Believe it or not, this is what many Christians believe. It is believed that anyone who is not Christian then they belong to the devil and there for the devil controls or at least has influence on the non believer's actions.

This to me seems to a distraction away from the Church's own evils. Think about it. Any opposition you face, it must be the devil.

Is it that we Cloth the poor? Feed the Hungry? Comfort the sick?Help the homeless?
(Whens the last time you did that?)

Like any large organization there is charitable works. Is it not best to do good, have it unnoticed, than to have it noticed and receive fame in the flesh and blood? Is it not believed that you do these works for your God, not for fame by man? Is it not said that the world will know you by the fruit of your works? Why bring this up? Seems you want to prove a point. It should be self apparent, no need to advertise. Didn't the Pharisees do something similar?

Or maybe its because of our close ties to Judaism and Israel.

Many Christians have a close tie to Israel because in the Old Testament it is said that the Jews were God's chosen people.

I think what people hate about the relationship is all the killing and suffering that is done in the name of God. As a result a logical person asks why does God want to kill so many innocent people? If it was done in the name of God is it the will of God in the first place?

Most people who believe in God view God as a good force in the world. It is obvious when a child is killed or mutilated that it is not good and there for can not be the will of God.

It is general knowledge that violence will only breed more violence. America provides 3 billion dollars in military aid to Israel. For America to try to sit down on equal levels with both sides is impossible because we are obviously biased towards the other side.

FACT: America is a Christian country and was founded on Christian Values.

Actually this nation was formed on freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, ect. Tell me, which Christian nation adopted these into there system of government prior to America? I seem to having a problem coming up with some names.

As Americans we have many Christians and Jews. Lets not forget the other religions. If we were a purely Christian/Jewish nation why is that we allow any belief/religion?

You see this system of government was formed because of big religion. Have you forgotten the lessons of history? What about the crusades and the inquisitions? Did you not study the dark ages?

[edit on 27-11-2009 by oconnection]

[edit on 27-11-2009 by oconnection]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

After 14 years, I divorced my preacher husband and got out of that mess. I no longer attend church, and what I have found is that I have a closer relationship with God than I ever had before. While I was in church, it was preached and preached and preached that we are to have a personal relationship with Jesus. It is IMPOSSIBLE to have a personal relationship with Jesus when you can't decide on what you believe because so many people are trying to cram their own belief system down your throat
reply to post by gemineye

I claim Christianity, I have never seen anything like this though.
Wow that is just bizarre. I think if you catch yourself sounding like
Carries Mother it might be time to take a break. I just have one question for you. What took you so long? It sounds like he was constently
fear mongering his own wife. He could be the most righteous man on the earth in every other way.If he thinks that's how you treat you're wife.
MAJOR ISSUES.

Good for you in gettin up and gettin out. I'd say you made an hones5t attempt.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

Originally posted by moocowman

Or perhaps it's simply natural selection

I can't believe you just said that......

Sad as it might sound it could be true. Nothing last forever, species die, we die, everything follow that cycle, what makes humanity any different.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

That's right the Exodus simply did not happen it is a BS story in the bible, but a very big and important story

How do you get away with this stuff?

Lets try this for a second. I'm going to tell you what that statement says to me, and you tell me, if that is the message you wanted me to get.

What that says to me is the story of Exodus is a big fatmouthed lie
from a book of big fatmouthed lies.
Though it is a big and important story.

What could be so important about anything that is a lie.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

So I guess Hitler and Stalin were also tools of Natural Selection. Give me a break.

The Natives were literally exterminated.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

You make it sound as if Christians are the victims here(I myself being Christian). Its called criticism and everyone has the right to voice their opinion, Whether or not you agree with them is up to you. I personally think that christianity has major flaws and Im happy to discuss them with skeptics alike, But that does not change my position on Christianity.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Ghost in the Machine]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join