It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin busted. Takes private jet to book events, then rides 'tour bus' from airport to event

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Yes people are sick of Palin threads but after all this is the political madness forum

www.reddit.com...

One of us! one of us! one of us! her fans chant away.. yet she dupes everyone into thinking she's touring the country in her bus. We should have known that was beneath her, wouldn't it be beneath all of us regular folks too? Enter Sarah's private jet funded by donations from "Samaritan's Purse" a christian religious charity. Political madness indeed lol

Last weekend, a small notice in local newspapers revealed that Sarah Palin had stopped off in Montreat, NC, to visit the Graham family -- "evangelist" Billy Graham and his (reformed) cokehead son, Franklin Graham.

Franklin spent several years snorting coke, screwing everything in a skirt, and generally behaving like a good christian boy. Then, broke, he realized that his father's "evangelistic enterprise" was a real money-maker. So, ol' Franklin got religion, got forgiven, got saved, and GLORY HALLELUJAH -- Franklin is now the head of the Graham family business and the fortune of zillions of $$$$$.

Franklin runs an organization called "The Samaritan's Purse." Purse claims on their website to be an "International Christian relief and evangelism organization that provides spiritual and physical aid to victims of war, poverty, natural disaster, and disease."

Right.

Of course, an "international christian relief organization" can't function without a fleet of corporate airplanes.

And that brings us to Sarah Palin.

In her book tour, Palin claims that she's just like the rest of us, riding her tour bus from town to town.

Samaritan's Purse is flying Sarah around in one of its aircraft. She lands near her next book rally, gets on the bus, and rides into town on the bus.

Palin is flying around in a Beechcraft/King Air 300tail number N262SP (multi-engine, 11 passengers). The SP does not stand for Sarah Palin -- the plane is owned by Samaritans Purse.

This means that donations to SP are being used to haul Palin's carcass around. Wonder what the donors think of that?

Hmmm. Does this violate Samaritan's Purses 501c(3) status?

And -- get this -- I tried to check the flight activity for this airplane (N262SP) at Flightaware.com. The flight activity for this plane is blocked by the owner. Guess he doesn't want anyone to know where he is flying.

This is deceit and lies on so many levels it makes my head hurt to think about it.

But, then, you expected something different from a gang of biblethumpers??

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Look at it from her perspective ...

1. She gets to be closer to Jesus
2. She gets to practice shooting at things from a jet
3. Sushi

Actually, I can't really see a problem here, who wouldn't fly in jet instead of bus ... ordinary folk are yucky, so you can see her problem?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It's all about appearances!
And money of course!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I could almost understand -a big big stretch- if this jet was funded by HER. But the fact she is using funds from a christian charity to jet set around is hypocrisy at it's finest. She could have said "tell ya what Franklin, how much is it gonna cost me to ya know fly around in your jet? You promise to donate that money to charity, I'll use the bus and make note of your contribution while I'm on tour". But that would be unchristian of her. What a sham this woman is.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by reasonable]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Who gives a damn about her? She's a joke...not a funny one at that. Just observe the news and keep it in mind. If she ever decides to come on a political stage which is highly "doubtful", use the news then. Atm. she is nothing and these kinda news instead give her credence and try to make something out of her.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
Who gives a damn about her? She's a joke...not a funny one at that. Just observe the news and keep it in mind. If she ever decides to come on a political stage which is highly "doubtful", use the news then. Atm. she is nothing and these kinda news instead give her credence and try to make something out of her.

I think someone with such a huge political following should be called out on stuff like this. Just maybe one of these posts will get through to a Palin fan and they'll finally 'wake up'.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

oh no, a public figure with a fanatical following and fanatical haters decides to take private transportation across the country. can't see any reasonable reason for that

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
As a private citizen she's free to fly about as she chooses. It is neat she takes the bus into the signings though. I'm not sure this is anymore an issue then stating she's putting up a false front to her fans. I'm sure they don't care that she flies in a jet though.

(Klobuchar refuses all private jet flights.)

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This isn't news. Sarah Palin is not a topic of reasonable discussion. The people who read this and laugh already hated her, and the ones that are going to want to tear your vocal cords out through your nostrils for posting this are going to love her unconditionally.

The excesses of those in power, and the means they use to reach said excesses, are astounding. They have been since the start of this whole 'ruling class' business. It isn't news. You aren't going to be slashing the tires on her jet or bombing her limo, people aren't going to stop attending her rallies, and Palin herself could easily play this off.

"Well gosh darn, it looks like the media hates Christians!"

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic

oh no, a public figure with a fanatical following and fanatical haters decides to take private transportation across the country. can't see any reasonable reason for that

That's so easily debunked I'm not sure it's worth responding to. She does not seem to have issues riding her bus from the airport, being in an unsecured bookstore and standing in unsecured crowds of people at the signings. But right, she won't be safe on other legs of the journey. So this is due to her being attacked while on tour? Can you provide a link to this? And I guess you also take no issue with the source of the flight? Free flights funded by people who thought they were donating money to a charity!? Wake up.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
As a private citizen she's free to fly about as she chooses. It is neat she takes the bus into the signings though. I'm not sure this is anymore an issue then stating she's putting up a false front to her fans. I'm sure they don't care that she flies in a jet though.

(Klobuchar refuses all private jet flights.)

I agree, Klobuchar would have never pulled something like this!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jackboot.Heel
This isn't news. Sarah Palin is not a topic of reasonable discussion.

Agreed, nor do I see one forthcoming ... but to be fair, it's a slow news day.

The people who read this and laugh already hated her, and the ones that are going to want to tear your vocal cords out through your nostrils for posting this are going to love her unconditionally.

See this really irks me. Since when are we restricted to these two choices? Can't one be mostly indifferent and laugh at something simply because it's funny? Or does it mean I hate everything that makes me smile?

Some things are just plain funny, except for those of course who's ego is too invested in their ideologies and dogmas ...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm failing to see the issue here. What was she supposed to do? Have the jet land on the street so she can get off and sign books? It's logistics. You have to get from point A to point B.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

you're kidding right? 'debunked'? 'provide a link?' you need sources to tell you that public figures and millionaires like private transportation for safety and comfort? if she wants to create the 'man of the people' atmosphere by riding the last leg of the journey on a bus, so what? i'm failing to see why this is even an issue.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
OH YES! They blocked aircraft tracking data...

Such Bull****

Just another BASH SARAH load of malarky.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'm failing to see the issue here. What was she supposed to do? Have the jet land on the street so she can get off and sign books? It's logistics. You have to get from point A to point B.

She could have uh... taken the tour bush to the destinations? "One of us" can't handle riding from point A to point B on a luxury bus? She has to take a private jet from a christian charity? "One of us" can't fly a normal airline at the least? Give me a break..

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
OH YES! They blocked aircraft tracking data...

Such Bull****

Just another BASH SARAH load of malarky.

That's so cool you and Sarah are on a first name basis! congrats!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable

She could have uh... taken the tour bush to the destinations? "One of us" can't handle riding from point A to point B on a luxury bus? She has to take a private jet from a christian charity? "One of us" can't fly a normal airline at the least? Give me a break..

In all fairness, you are laying the outrage a little thick.

If the folks that donated the money to christian organization are cool with it I don't see a big issue here. As far as her being a "woman of the people," well if you believed that to begin with then this ain't gonna change your mind.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
She could have uh... taken the tour bush to the destinations? "One of us" can't handle riding from point A to point B on a luxury bus? She has to take a private jet from a christian charity?

Well seeing as your source is a "comments" section rather than news I have NO idea how far she had to travel to get to each appointment. You know that appearances take time right? You also know that taking a jet is faster than land travel, right?

Give me a break..

Yes, please, give us a break.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
You see why I picked this name R!
With fruitcakes like this leading the people,
no wonder we're in such deep doggie doo doo!

People will defend the very ones shooting at them to the last
and then say, well they just needed some practice and
we just happened to get in the way! Ya, thats it!

Just another sleazeball politician. Ya, what Is new?
I agree shes a charity case R.

We really shouldnt be surprised what any of them do anymore.
Or do we really need more clues?
Once again, it's all about the money.
To hell with the people.
Same reason she bailed out on her state.
Money! You betcha!

[edit on 26-11-2009 by dodadoom]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join