It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin busted. Takes private jet to book events, then rides 'tour bus' from airport to event

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Get over it. So she took a jet, its not like she's being hypocritical in doing so the way Uncle Al is when he fires up his jet. So you don't like Palin, and because of that you feel this is such a big deal, even though it isn't.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest
reply to post by reasonable

If the worst thing Sarah Palin has done is ride on a tour bus and shoot animals from a helicopter, she's definitely one of our better politicians. Its just mind-blowing how much crap she has to take from you guys. No other politician has had to take it so hard. I think its because she's a good looking lady and a lot of people just can't mentally handle that for some reason.

I've always found Sarah Palin to be her own woman. I don't think of her as being fully owned and operated by the political money machines. I'd rather have somewhat of a dill-brain who is self-owned and self-operated than some petty shill smarty pants spoiled Harvard boy like Obama who is owned & operated.

Seriously...? You honestly...? I mean....? Well dang! You certainly don't realize it, (I mean why would you?) but you just put soooooo much into focus about who supports The Alaskan Lightweight and why. One of us! One of ... um... er... what was it again? Oh yeah... US!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Sara is protecting us... She gets a better view of Russia from 30,000 feet... I will sleep much better now knowing that!!...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Palin's time has come and gone. She isn't a force of any kind anymore, she blew that a year or so ago. Although I must admit I do like looking at her

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Oh thats funny.. not a force of any kind anymore..HA!

If she is not a force of any kind... then I don't understand why all the fuss?

The fuss is because the whacko libtard left sees thousands of people waiting hours just for a glimpse of her, and they are in a panic over it. She hasn't even got started good yet and the left has already got skid marks in their shorts.... Hopefully the long legged Mack Daddy will not totally destroy the nation before we get his treasonous marxist posterior out of the White House and get a real American back in office.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It isn't a jet.
www.airport-data.com...

A turboprop engine is a jet engine attached to a propeller

seems it's just semantics

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
reply to post by mikelee

Oh thats funny.. not a force of any kind anymore..HA!

If she is not a force of any kind... then I don't understand why all the fuss?

The fuss is because the whacko libtard left sees thousands of people waiting hours just for a glimpse of her, and they are in a panic over it. She hasn't even got started good yet and the left has already got skid marks in their shorts.... Hopefully the long legged Mack Daddy will not totally destroy the nation before we get his treasonous marxist posterior out of the White House and get a real American back in office.

Same can be said for Britney Spears, so by your logic - Britney 2012!!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilwolf

Originally posted by reasonable
Yes people are sick of Palin threads but after all this is the political madness forum

www.reddit.com...

One of us! one of us! one of us! her fans chant away.. yet she dupes everyone into thinking she's touring the country in her bus. We should have known that was beneath her, wouldn't it be beneath all of us regular folks too? Enter Sarah's private jet funded by donations from "Samaritan's Purse" a christian religious charity. Political madness indeed lol

Last weekend, a small notice in local newspapers revealed that Sarah Palin had stopped off in Montreat, NC, to visit the Graham family -- "evangelist" Billy Graham and his (reformed) cokehead son, Franklin Graham.

Franklin spent several years snorting coke, screwing everything in a skirt, and generally behaving like a good christian boy. Then, broke, he realized that his father's "evangelistic enterprise" was a real money-maker. So, ol' Franklin got religion, got forgiven, got saved, and GLORY HALLELUJAH -- Franklin is now the head of the Graham family business and the fortune of zillions of $$$$$.

Franklin runs an organization called "The Samaritan's Purse." Purse claims on their website to be an "International Christian relief and evangelism organization that provides spiritual and physical aid to victims of war, poverty, natural disaster, and disease."

Right.

Of course, an "international christian relief organization" can't function without a fleet of corporate airplanes.

And that brings us to Sarah Palin.

In her book tour, Palin claims that she's just like the rest of us, riding her tour bus from town to town.

Samaritan's Purse is flying Sarah around in one of its aircraft. She lands near her next book rally, gets on the bus, and rides into town on the bus.

Palin is flying around in a Beechcraft/King Air 300tail number N262SP (multi-engine, 11 passengers). The SP does not stand for Sarah Palin -- the plane is owned by Samaritans Purse.

This means that donations to SP are being used to haul Palin's carcass around. Wonder what the donors think of that?

Hmmm. Does this violate Samaritan's Purses 501c(3) status?

And -- get this -- I tried to check the flight activity for this airplane (N262SP) at Flightaware.com. The flight activity for this plane is blocked by the owner. Guess he doesn't want anyone to know where he is flying.

This is deceit and lies on so many levels it makes my head hurt to think about it.

But, then, you expected something different from a gang of biblethumpers??

it is her money so what....? Also, name a politician or famous person that does not do this when they travel.... cannot very well land the plane in downtown.... so go get a milk or kool aid and try not to allow the stuff to harden up there

It's HER money? It's a christian charity paying for that private plane.. the MONEY is from contributions. Let's see if Sarah pays all the costs of the plane flights what 20k per flight? Wow, that money could have fed a lot of starving kids, as it was intended for. I would be furious if I donated to this charity to find they are using MY donations to fly some celebrity around.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

No.
Not semantics. The thrust of a jet engine is produced by a turbine forcing a "jet" of air out the back end of it. The thrust of a turboprop is produced by a turbine spinning a propeller. There is a big difference. In principle, in price, in performance, in operating costs.

A Beech 300 is not a jet.

[edit on 11/26/2009 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

The Obama thing wasn't paid for by a charity. There are rules to charitable organizations. And I guanatee they didn't openly solicit donations under the guise of funding Sarah Palins tour.

That's the point.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Palin isn't a force in the sense of any political power any longer. The only "force" she has is at the hands of those who flock to see her and get a glimpse of what could have been. Kind of like seeing a skeleton of T Rex at the Museum, its impressive but poses no real danger to no one any more

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Funny how when people disagree with you they are automatically an Obama supporter. I didn't vote for him or McCain. The point to this whole story, for me, is the fact that it is a charity paying for it. Most of the money that comes from charity is from average middle class people. And I said it before, I am sure they did not solicit donations honestly. Im sure that money was 'meant' for real charitible reasons. I know if I donated to that charity I want my money back. Period. And not because it's sarah palin, it wouldn't matter who it was....charity is not set up for book tours on private planes .... especially when your 'tour bus' is going to your next city anyway. And your telling me she can't afford to rent her own jet .... she sold 300,000 copies on the first day. It's just the rich getting richer off of a f'ing charity. I'm sorry that doesn't rub you the wrong way.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

From a non-Palin fan...

The tour will last about three weeks, with a break for Thanksgiving, and will end around Dec. 10, after which the increase in holiday shoppers makes it difficult for stores to hold events, Andreadis said. Palin will travel by bus for much of the time, likely accompanied by family and by aide Meg Stapleton.
(The emphasis is mine)

www.msnbc.msn.com...

A tour bus isn't a place she can travel on continuously and expect to meet all of her obligations. The bus can keep the schedule to be there when she arrives, but realistically she's going to have to fly to meet it a lot.

A thought...
Palin is invited to the Grahams since she will be in the area. Due to the tour her schedule is too tight to make the visit. The Grahams, knowing a plane is available, offer to fly her to meet the bus if she really wants to come. (After all, they are rich enough to personally foot the bill for the flight.) Palin agrees...

I really don't see the point in this (since there is no proof charity moneys were used) except the writer wanted to fuss and create mischief. Also, for a post about Palin it sure rags on Franklin Graham.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by SheaWolf]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It isn't a jet.
www.airport-data.com...

I was just shaking my head at this thread and how stupid it was.

Then I read your post. Now it's just funny.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

It's a christian charity paying for that private plane

Why do you Care? You hate Christians anyways. This did not add to your tax base, well if you make enough to pay any taxes that is.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
Yes people are sick of Palin threads but after all this is the political madness forum

www.reddit.com...

One of us! one of us! one of us! her fans chant away.. yet she dupes everyone into thinking she's touring the country in her bus. We should have known that was beneath her, wouldn't it be beneath all of us regular folks too? Enter Sarah's private jet funded by donations from "Samaritan's Purse" a christian religious charity. Political madness indeed lol

Last weekend, a small notice in local newspapers revealed that Sarah Palin had stopped off in Montreat, NC, to visit the Graham family -- "evangelist" Billy Graham and his (reformed) cokehead son, Franklin Graham.

Franklin spent several years snorting coke, screwing everything in a skirt, and generally behaving like a good christian boy. Then, broke, he realized that his father's "evangelistic enterprise" was a real money-maker. So, ol' Franklin got religion, got forgiven, got saved, and GLORY HALLELUJAH -- Franklin is now the head of the Graham family business and the fortune of zillions of $$$$$.

Franklin runs an organization called "The Samaritan's Purse." Purse claims on their website to be an "International Christian relief and evangelism organization that provides spiritual and physical aid to victims of war, poverty, natural disaster, and disease."

Right.

Of course, an "international christian relief organization" can't function without a fleet of corporate airplanes.

And that brings us to Sarah Palin.

In her book tour, Palin claims that she's just like the rest of us, riding her tour bus from town to town.

Samaritan's Purse is flying Sarah around in one of its aircraft. She lands near her next book rally, gets on the bus, and rides into town on the bus.

Palin is flying around in a Beechcraft/King Air 300tail number N262SP (multi-engine, 11 passengers). The SP does not stand for Sarah Palin -- the plane is owned by Samaritans Purse.

This means that donations to SP are being used to haul Palin's carcass around. Wonder what the donors think of that?

Hmmm. Does this violate Samaritan's Purses 501c(3) status?

And -- get this -- I tried to check the flight activity for this airplane (N262SP) at Flightaware.com. The flight activity for this plane is blocked by the owner. Guess he doesn't want anyone to know where he is flying.

This is deceit and lies on so many levels it makes my head hurt to think about it.

But, then, you expected something different from a gang of biblethumpers??

This just reminds me a few Year's ago of the Boss of our Political party "the Greens" here in Austria who has been driven around in the biggest BMW and took the last 500m on the Bicycle to give the impression hes for lower emissions and everyone should take his Bike.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheaWolf

From a non-Palin fan...

The Grahams, knowing a plane is available, offer to fly her to meet the bus if she really wants to come. (After all, they are rich enough to personally foot the bill for the flight.) Palin agrees...

[edit on 27-11-2009 by SheaWolf]

Why are the Grahams rich? Why would any true christian be rich? And further to that why would any true christian support a "christian" hanging out with rich "christians" and using their private plane?
I can't get enough of religious hypocrisy. It's like watching new outtakes from Idiocracy all day long.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by reasonable]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure Sarah Palin has better things to do than to trap herself in a bus for hours and hours just to get from point A to B.

She can probably fit in a few other events by flying to them between the time it takes for her bus to reach her main events.

Oh great, now I contributed to the Sarah Palin sheeple frenzy by even talking about her.

I wish people would stop saying her name, I hear it so much now it makes me sick. People need to ignore her too, she is nobody. She is just another rich snob reaching for power. She is no better than a selfish child pushing other children away and cutting in line just to get a cookie out of the cookie jar before everyone else.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Why are the Grahams rich? Why would any true christian be rich? And further to that why would any true christian support a "christian" hanging out with rich "christians" and using their private plane?

I never mentioned the Christian aspects of this, it was merely about people. This Christian...me...myself, isn't rich, doesn't wish to be rich, and doesn't think any true Christian should be rich. I"m not a Graham fan either.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

You ever heard of Solomon from the bible? He was the richest man on earth in his time and he was made that way through God's blessing, because he sought Wisdom instead of wealth. Did you ever stop to think maybe God blessed the Graham family's ministry in the same way?

Billy Graham was famous for his financial ethics. He never took a salary more than like 80k a year, even though he raised millions upon milions. His organisation was audited by a well respected auditing firm every year by his own choosing to show those who donate that he wasn't ripping them off.

Also, did you ever stop to think that they might have a fleet of planes because his organisation bought them because he and others in his org traveled so much and was so busy that it actualy made sense to have their own planes?

[edit on 27-11-2009 by HotSauce]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join