It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity, Satans Greatest Deception

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

Good luck Hemisphere. Check out the previous 4 or 5 pages of debate I had with A2D. You will not get anywhere. According to some, logic ends where the the bible begins.

Mathematics and logic are the only tools we have to intelligently debate and if two parties cannot agree that this is true, you might as well be debating while speaking two different languages.

Without logic, false=true and true = false, when its suits and circular logic somehow results a true value.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
reply to post by Hemisphere

Good luck Hemisphere. Check out the previous 4 or 5 pages of debate I had with A2D. You will not get anywhere. According to some, logic ends where the the bible begins.

Mathematics and logic are the only tools we have to intelligently debate and if two parties cannot agree that this is true, you might as well be debating while speaking two different languages.

Without logic, false=true and true = false, when its suits and circular logic somehow results a true value.

Awww...don't be so hard on me friend. This isn't MY thread.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Sorry man, i'm not trying to be hard on you. I'm just stating facts. We debated this topic for many pages and got no where because we are speaking different languages.

You are correct I started this topic and will discuss it further with anyone who wishes to use logic as the tool for discussion. You and I cannot agree on what tool to use for the discussion so we will get not get anywhere with each other in debating these points.

Maybe some who read our back and forth will learn something or take the time to think a little deeper into these subjects but you and I agree to disagree because we are using different tools for discussion.

I posted to Hemisphere to look back at our discussion to prevent you from repeating yourself. Some of his points or questions might be answered without having to take up your time.

Logic and belief do not jive.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

That's typically the outcome of a "faith" discussion iam. Without A2D and other believers there isn't much discussion. Open discussion is not such a bad thing. If I didn't mention earlier, good thread!

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Hemisphere]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Right. I believe because of subjective evidence despite the lack of objective evidence.

You, on the other hand, do not believe because of the lack of objective evidence AND subjective evidence.

Are either of us wrong for following our hearts and minds?

(subjective evidence isn't necessarily bound by logic)

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere

That's typically the outcome of a "faith" discussion iam. Without A2D and other believers there isn't much discussion. Open discussion is not such a bad thing.

Dont get me wrong, I love open discussion and love to hear a contrasting point of view but if logic is not our vehicle, intelligent debate cannot happen.

Without logic I can claim anything and there is no need to defend it.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

Right. I believe because of subjective evidence despite the lack of objective evidence.

You, on the other hand, do not believe because of the lack of objective evidence AND subjective evidence.

Are either of us wrong for following our hearts and minds?

I cant believe I am even responding, but I cant have you posting something about me that is not true.

I am not following my heart to seek truth. You can follow your heart for many reasons but truth is not one of them.

Earlier in our post you didnt believe a statement I made and you followed your heart to come to that conclusion. Your heart lead you to a false assumption. If you had used logic based on my previous statements, you would have come to the conclusion that I was telling the truth.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Actually, your logic disagreed with my logic. I don't think the same as you. We're wired differently.

Also, note I said "minds" there too....

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

Actually, your logic disagreed with my logic. I don't think the same as you. We're wired differently.

Also, note I said "minds" there too....

I hate to break it to you but there is only one form of logic. Logic cannot differ between people. You are either using logic or you are using false or bad logic.

This is the Language that I am using. And here

I know of no other logic.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I think its topics like this created by Man. Is what creates deceptions among people. Not Satan.

This is also how people use religion to get people confused and separated.

The problem with people is that they want supporters for their own believes and whews. And that makes them say and do anything. Religion has and is proving that as we speak.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Satan is no more then a figure head that man created. It allows those who don`t want to take responsibility for their own actions to point the finger at Satan. Like a little child caught with their fingers in the cookie jar who will then say that "I didn`t do it, it was him". It`s also like a free stamp that allows them to continue to get away with not having to grow spiritually.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by FiatLux]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

If one makes the argument that the bible along with Christianity is false than what would you hope to put your faith in?

The truth. Not the truth that I have been commanded to believe upon penalty of eternal punishment, but the truth that is obtained by science and reason.

Of course we have yet to find out the truth about so many things, there are many mysteries. But we continue to pursue the truth about them, and I have faith that one day, perhaps very distant but perhaps not, we will find the answers.

I have faith that this is what God would have us do.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Aircow]

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Aircow]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Satan is no more real than Santa Clause or Jesus.
Why... when Jesus was fasting in the desert for 40 days and Satan appeared to him and showed him all the kingdoms of earth and told him he'd give them all to him if he worshipped him, did Jesus not say... they are mine already. I'm God for me's sake, lol.

All good fiction has climactic moments that defy common sense I guess.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

(subjective evidence isn't necessarily bound by logic)

I noticed that you added this to your post. And you are right, subjective evidence is not bound by logic. That is my point. It is evidence not based in logic and the only proof is you telling me.

It is unprovable and not a valid argument. Subjective evidence allows me to make any claim and there is no way for you to refute it but there is also no way for me to prove it. This type of reasoning does not move a discussion forward.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I know this site frowns upon terse responses, but LOL.....

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

How can you be sure that the Bible was not inspired by Satan? How can you know that the Pagan religion was not the one true religion and then Satan came to earth as Jesus, inspired man to write the Bible to convince humanity to worship a false prophet?

Try not to use the Bible as a reference because, if the Bible was inspired by Satan then it could not be used as a source to prove that Satan did not inspire it.

Is it unreasonable to believe that Christianity is the devils greatest deception? And how could you know whether it was or not? If Satan is able to deceive, how can you know that you are not being deceived into believing and worshiping a religion that is actually inspired by Satan?

do you want to know what Satans gratest achievement is?

convincing fools that he doesnt exist

you criticize a book that you obviously have no understanding of if you did you would understand it is not the detail that is important it is the message.

would you like me to enlighten you to its message?

that message is God is love and forgives us our short comings, and to love our fellow man and all the creatures that reside with us.

hardly some thing Satan would would try to push don't you think?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

reply to post by dusty1

I am agnostic and even if there is a god, humanities interpretation of said god through the tool of religion is faulted at best.

I was merely proposing a thought experiment for those who do believe. I am wondering why there is so much faith put into a bible and religion that could be falsified according to their own beliefs and documentation.

I agree with you

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

It is quite likely that the opening chapters of Genesis were lifted from myths dedicated to older gods that are nowadays regarded as demonic, such as Baal and Ashteroth (www.theskepticalreview.com...), which some scholars use to explain the contradictory creation accounts and the conflicting personalities of "God". However, there are many other threads on the pagan origins of Christianity.
In the context of the Bible itself we have the story of Job. Job is made to suffer and lose everything simply because God has a bet with Lucifer (they seem like old drinking chums here). Eventually God feels a bit guilty, and gives Job a replacement family (nice!), but morally there is not much to choose between God and Lucifer.
God merely tells Job not to question Him (does the clay complain to the potter?). So God is "good" because He says so; and don't question it. But this is an authoritarian dictate, and not a moral argument. So it makes little difference whether Lucifer or God wrote it. Perhaps the question is: who should one fear more?

[edit on 27-11-2009 by halfoldman]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Hi Group,

The Hebrew Scriptures back up that Christianity is a false religion in Isaiah 24 and 28. See link below

If Isaiah is not talking about Christianity, who else could fit?
Thanks,
Fletch

PS Go to Wayback machine and then search www.torahscrolls.net/isaiah_24.html

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
Satan is no more real than Santa Clause or Jesus.
Why... when Jesus was fasting in the desert for 40 days and Satan appeared to him and showed him all the kingdoms of earth and told him he'd give them all to him if he worshipped him, did Jesus not say... they are mine already. I'm God for me's sake, lol.

All good fiction has climactic moments that defy common sense I guess.

Angus, that's too funny! There is plenty of drama in the scriptures. It obviously "sells tickets". That likely explains why they didn't cast Cary Grant as Moses. "Dahling, would you mind very much letting my people go?" Or Jerry Lewis as Jesus... "Oh Deeeeeeeeean! Heeeeey fellas, what's with the lumber and nails?" Or Julia Child as Eve. "On today's show we're going to make a lovely French tart. Ohhhhhh and aren't all French tarts lovely....... and now we take your apple Adam and we're going to first peel it and core it and then soak it in brandy for an hour in the fridge....... now wasn't that just delightful and we're all a little smarter for it, bon appétit everyone!"

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join