It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity, Satans Greatest Deception

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Christianity was created by some mysterious evil god that manufactured the role satan and God.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage

Originally posted by Hemisphere
reply to post by iamcamouflage

That's typically the outcome of a "faith" discussion iam. Without A2D and other believers there isn't much discussion. Open discussion is not such a bad thing.

Dont get me wrong, I love open discussion and love to hear a contrasting point of view but if logic is not our vehicle, intelligent debate cannot happen.

Without logic I can claim anything and there is no need to defend it.

You are correct iam. Most readers here know this and view the discussion from that vantage point. There is no forcing a person of faith to place reason first, they are entirely incompatible. We do our level best and what more could anyone ask?

Here's an interesting old clip of Phil Donohue interviewing Ayn Rand on this very subject.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandKitaro777
Christianity was created by some mysterious evil god that manufactured the role satan and God.

So.....how does a God creat a God? Is this what you are trying to say? Please explain this in a little more detail if you will.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
apollo is apollyon in the book of revelation 9th chapter. so yeah, the book acknowledges other gods (more than once).

see "The Divine Council"
tiny.cc...

Never thought of that. Thanks for something to ponder. One "god of light" talking smack about an earlier "god of light".

One civilizations god becomes the conquerers demon.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Why... when Jesus was fasting in the desert for 40 days and Satan appeared to him and showed him all the kingdoms of earth and told him he'd give them all to him if he worshipped him, did Jesus not say... they are mine already. I'm God for me's sake, lol
reply to post by Angus123

Jesus did not deny that the kingdoms were Satans to give. Therefore Satan must have had influence over these kingdoms.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Satan is no more real than Santa Clause or Jesus

And that is a conspiracy. From childhood on you were conditioned to believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy, only to learn they are not real and the joke was on you. This all a setup for you to later deny God and Jesus. You were tricked once, but now you have been tricked again, into non belief.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1

And that is a conspiracy. From childhood on you were conditioned to believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy, only to learn they are not real and the joke was on you. This all a setup for you to later deny God and Jesus. You were tricked once, but now you have been tricked again, into non belief.

And how do you know that you're not being deceived? How are you so sure? Just curious.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

To iamcamouflage, original post:

Kudos to you! This is part of the reason why I now call myself Agnostic, after believing the fantasies of both the New Age world and the Christian world.

No one has any proof whatsoever that the Bible is divinely inspired! Or that it wasn't tampered with by the humans who put pen to paper to produce it.

Anyone of true clarity and intelligence should be able to see that you CANNOT base your life on the bible or Christianity just because it is so popular among so many brainwashees!

p.s. for those saying how do you know Satan is real/not - obviously the OP is just playing "devil's advocate" (haha) and using it as an EXAMPLE of why the bible/Christianity is not to be relied on.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by formernewager]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by blipthenorth

Hi blipthe north, I wasn't implying that God is all good etc... only that they are not portrayed, in my view, as adversaries, Nemesis to each other etc... They seem quite friendly and playing a game of psychology with the people on earth, that's all....

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I noticed that you added this to your post. And you are right, subjective evidence is not bound by logic. That is my point. It is evidence not based in logic and the only proof is you telling me.

It is unprovable and not a valid argument. Subjective evidence allows me to make any claim and there is no way for you to refute it but there is also no way for me to prove it. This type of reasoning does not move a discussion forward.

Your "logic" isn't exactly evidence though. Rather, your logic supports lack of evidence. Just because something lacks evidence doesn't mean it does not exist.

You can correct me if I'm wrong however...My subjective experiences are in support of my faith. The lack of empirical evidence is the support of your logic. Like I said earlier, we're wired differently.

Perspectives are almost like personalities. I look at the tails side of the coin while you look at heads. "Is the glass half empty, or half full?"

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

And how do you know that you're not being deceived? How are you so sure? Just curious.

1 Corinthians 15:13-19 If their is no resurrection (or Christ or God), then Christ wasn't raised from the dead. Then in this life, were are of all men, most to be pitied.

I will only positively know, when or if prophesy is fulfilled, and I meet my Maker.

Until then I have to use reason, knowledge, and faith.

Faith, is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Abbby

Well that wasn't very nice. Do you consider yourself a Christian?!?

Mom? Is that you?

[edit on 27-11-2009 by dusty1]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1

Uh... okay, lol. I never knew that santa clause was a trick to lure people into atheism! That is so cool!!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Well...you do understand that Christmas is a pagan holiday turned "christian" tradition? It breeds greed and envy. Also, it fuels large corporations which are corrupt through and through.

Christmas is supposedly the birthday of Jesus but it's not really. If you take note, when the wise men came bearing gifts it was because they called him "King of the Jews". It was customary to bring gifts to kings. Also, note in the passages it says "young child" not 'baby' or 'infant'.

Christians have been getting deceived for a long time. Whether Christmas was made to inspire denial of God or worship of falsehoods...it really doesn't matter. Christmas is a corporate holiday.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Your "logic" isn't exactly evidence though. Rather, your logic supports lack of evidence. Just because something lacks evidence doesn't mean it does not exist.

There is a lack of evidence for many things. Do you believe in all things whether there is evidence or not? Why do you choose to follow christianity over any or all other religions with no evidence?

Logic is not evidence it is a method for finding truth. I'm not sure why you put logic in quotes. There is only ONE form of logic. Logic is not a view point. It would be as though you were saying that there are multiple types of math and that in some situations 1+1=3.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Agree2Disagree

There is a lack of evidence for many things. Do you believe in all things whether there is evidence or not? Why do you choose to follow christianity over any or all other religions with no evidence?

Logic is not evidence it is a method for finding truth. I'm not sure why you put logic in quotes. There is only ONE form of logic. Logic is not a view point. It would be as though you were saying that there are multiple types of math and that in some situations 1+1=3.

What I'm saying is your logic isn't infallible.

No I don't believe in all things whether there is evidence or not. Subjective evidence. I thought I already covered this?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Not only is logic not infallible, but no person lives entirely by logic. Anyone who says they do is a liar or mistaken. The human subconscious is real, just like how there is more going on in your computer than what is seen on the monitor. Nobody is even capable of living on an entirely rational, logical basis.

To even entertain that approach for the basic belief level...ok rational skeptic guy, where is your Occam's Razor now? Why entertain such a convoluted work around to have a judeo-christian universe, except dun dun DUNNNNNN with some crazy Twilight Zone Twist? Though I should say that personally...yes I'm sure the Bible has been monkeyed with, based both on what I've researched and what I feel in my heart, although the latter came first.

Agnostic...the thing about that is, everyone should be agnostic as far as their 'mind' and 'logic' and 'reason' are concerned. Nothing else is logical or reasonable than to admit that you don't know, if you are claiming the result to be from logic and reason.

People who don't want to believe don't have to believe, but don't misunderstand JC, he's rather clear that the important thing is to look for God with your heart, because that's where you can find God.

Ezekial 34 and John 10...how do you feel about them?

[edit on 27-11-2009 by 11andrew34]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem
Hmmm, Satan behind the bible? Consider:

The conflict in the Bible between God and the Serpent, God was trying to keep a certain type of knowledge away from Mankind and the Serpent was trying to teach Mankind that knowledge. God made it a sin to eat of the fruit.

Why should learning knowledge be a sin?

This was really mankind's evolution into self-awareness, and the ability to finally make choices based on good or evil and not just instinct. Being kicked out of the Garden of Eden really just means we left the world of blissful ignorance that animals live in.

Satan? Only him or someone like him would want us to live like this, as ignorant slaves, totaly dependant on him\them.

What knowledge is kept from us? We did all you say in your post not that long ago and it is our never ending increase in knowledge that has us living in the world we live in today, but if you wanted to go back to basics it is all there just waiting for you to learn it as our ancestors did.

Satan also represents total freedom i.e. total Chaos. Pure freedom to do anything you want, any time to anyone without remorse, whether it is a choice of good or evil.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CleverNameHere

Every question has an answer.
It's faith that enables you to settle upon it.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

i never said islam is the largest religion lol..

and no i dont think everything is satan's fault..but if you look at history, and look at the beliefs of islam..its pretty obvious it was meant to oppose christianity/judaism

satan masscarades as an angel of light..gabriel supposedly told muhammed to do the things he did..

also..look at islam..look at mormonism..the entity that gave them their rules,laws,etc. was always an angel..in the bible it was God or "the angel of the lord" which many believe to be jesus

think about it..if you were satan and you wanted to oppose the work God was doing through the church and the jews..itd be a pretty good idea to start a religion that completely opposes the beliefs of the others..

also..id love to see these supposed problems with christianity because i promise you they are results of lack of study..

[edit on 27-11-2009 by resonance]

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join