It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.
Are you really so lame that you take the passage to mean that
you will be able to wiggle your nose pop mountains from one place to another.Like I said to much harry potter goin on. It is possible to employ some equipment and move mountains is it not? Do you believe in magic or not? which is it make up my mind.

Do you really think trying to use the bible against Christians is gonna work to your advantage? What's wrong with this picture!

Maybe

Richard dawkins

could do it. If you prayed to him enough.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
That is question that deserves a sarcastic answer, however I will be civil. IN the same context, why does a child need to be subject to rape, or meaningless death? Why would a god allow a dictator to starve millions of innocent people? Why are wars that kill so many done without grand divine intervention? Why are we allowed to be so stupid?

Free will. God said.. "Let them have dominion over the earth..." When mankind rebelled against God he still had free will, so blame man not God because man is the one doing the killing, raping, and pillaging...
How perfect it is to write that into a passage, keeping the writer from needing to prove its existance.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

That is question that deserves a sarcastic answer, however I will be civil. IN the same context, why does a child need to be subject to rape, or meaningless death? Why would a god allow a dictator to starve millions of innocent people? Why are wars that kill so many done without grand divine intervention? Why are we allowed to be so stupid?

Free will. God said.. "Let them have dominion over the earth..." When mankind rebelled against God he still had free will, so blame man not God because man is the one doing the killing, raping, and pillaging...
How perfect it is to write that into a passage, keeping the writer from needing to prove its existance.

Not really, He already exists so he need not have to prove that.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

AS I assume you are a follower of "god" I will not debate your beliefs. But to ask a question of why a healing is not done is absurd. That will be in the same as the questions I have presented.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

AS I assume you are a follower of "god" I will not debate your beliefs. But to ask a question of why a healing is not done is absurd. That will be in the same as the questions I have presented.

Yes, belief is a hard thing to debate. You've never seen a healing so you're content to go with the God doesn't heal thing. I understand that as your belief is there is no God. I believe in God, and I have seen healing, and I have experienced healing. What else can you say except each to his own faith, or lack of it.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
god will not intervene because he gave us free will, but if everyone prays he'll intervene on a couple of things every now and then and take away that free will.. oh wait.... right.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.
Are you really so lame that you take the passage to mean that
you will be able to wiggle your nose pop mountains from one place to another.Like I said to much harry potter goin on. It is possible to employ some equipment and move mountains is it not? Do you believe in magic or not? which is it make up my mind.

Do you really think trying to use the bible against Christians is gonna work to your advantage? What's wrong with this picture!

Maybe

Richard dawkins

could do it. If you prayed to him enough.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by randyvs]

I highly doubt your pastor would approve of your behavior in this thread.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

AS I cannot validate your personal life changing events, you cannot validate mine. And as we both have a personal reason to choose the path we are on, the question from the OP will still remain unanswered.Simply due to lack of plausible reason.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
god will not intervene because he gave us free will, but if everyone prays he'll intervene on a couple of things every now and then and take away that free will..

Close! Intervention does not take away free will, it provides help when help is requested. If you're carrying 10 books home from school and somone offers to carry half, have you lost free will because you're only carrying 5? Or are they helping you with your free will (which is to bring all of your books home in this example) by easing your burden?

Also, the words 'He may' should be used instead of 'He will', respectfully knowing that He knows what's best for us. If we need to build muscles to try out for football, maybe it's best if we carry all 10 books.

I'm sure I'm going to get busted for using analogies again, but hey, maybe it'll help shed some light on the situation.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

the question from the OP will still remain unanswered.

The answers are actually already here. No one is forced to believe the answer however...nor would any of us want to force/be forced.

Simply due to lack of plausible reason.

Have a little faith, I believe our OP will indeed find the answer. Maybe not today, but will nevertheless if the seeking continues.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Close! Intervention does not take away free will, it provides help when help is requested.

not true, it depends on what is requested. Tumors and rabies he is open to spontaneously curing.. global starvation, regrowing limbs etc is not on the menu. Maybe the church should put out a comprehensive directory of things that he'll respond to.. then you could google it before praying and find out if you'll be wasting your prayers or not.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

not true, it depends on what is requested. Tumors and rabies he is open to spontaneously curing.. global starvation, regrowing limbs etc is not on the menu.

Spontaneous curing is a 'quick fix', we're gonna get something else soon and die. We'd have to ask for an eternal life with no pain and suffering to totally cure this life. Oh wait, that's heaven isn't it? ^_^

Maybe the church should put out a comprehensive directory of things that he'll respond to.. then you could google it before praying and find out if you'll be wasting your prayers or not.

No prayer is wasted, I guarentee that. Just because God doesn't do what you want Him to do doesn't mean it's a waste. First things first, trust. Trust that God knows best. Trust that God can handle the universe (that He created). Then ask.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Geee someone found yet another variation of the "Why does "God" allow suffering?" illogical rhetoric. And considering that if such a thing as a soul exists and if it was eternal, in the big scheme of things even a life time of suffering would be but a eye blink.
You cannot sucessfully refute a concept with such weak arguments.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Goodnight to you and good luck pulling that rabbit outta the hat for this answer. Peace..

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
Geee someone found yet another variation of the "Why does "God" allow suffering?" illogical rhetoric. And considering that if such a thing as a soul exists and if it was eternal, in the big scheme of things even a life time of suffering would be but a eye blink.

In fairness it's difficult to imagine eternity when living in this life. It is, after all, all we know so far. Without hope for a future after death, then all that seems important is the here and now. The OP is concerned and having been there myself, I cannot fault them for that. Although I believe you're right, I'd say be more merciful towards the OP's situation. Had someone slapped my hand away when I was seeking help, I would not be here to be able to even discuss it.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

In fairness it's difficult to imagine eternity when living in this life. It is, after all, all we know so far. Without hope for a future after death, then all that seems important is the here and now. The OP is concerned and having been there myself, I cannot fault them for that. Although I believe you're right, I'd say be more merciful towards the OP's situation. Had someone slapped my hand away when I was seeking help, I would not be here to be able to even discuss it.

I won't give up on you my friend. The truth is all around you and one day the epiphany will come. I know it is difficult to imagine so I can not fault you for being lost. Follow your heart and you will find the true answer one day and be awoken. Peace be with you.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Sounds to me like the OP wants to do little more than attempt to "debunk" *in the OPs own words* a concept that he or she does not agree with. Using tired illogical arguments like if such a being existed that, that being absolutely would HAVE TO act in the capacity of some sort of cosmic Superman. Not also to forget his evangellical atheist tone as evidenced in his response to you.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I won't give up on you my friend. The truth is all around you and one day the epiphany will come. I know it is difficult to imagine so I can not fault you for being lost. Follow your heart and you will find the true answer one day and be awoken. Peace be with you.

Thank you for the well wishing and it's interesting because I was thinking of saying the same thing to you.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Sounds to me like the OP wants to do little more than attempt to "debunk" *in the OPs own words* a concept that he or she does not agree with. Using tired illogical arguments like if such a being existed that, that being absolutely would HAVE TO act in the capacity of some sort of cosmic Superman. Not also to forget his evangellical atheist tone as evidenced in his response to you.

Hey this is for you. Pretty clear what it states or can you not comprehend it? Ah yes, you will simply ignore it or bable out a response that avoids it. It states unequivocally that prayers will be answered for believers. So the only lack of logic is on your side. Your OWN god states it, I question why he then does not answer and I'm the illogical one? nice try.

For believers, it is obvious why so many prayers are answered. In the Bible, Jesus promises many times that he will answer our prayers. For example, in Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:

Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

Ask and you will receive. What could be simpler than that?

In Matthew 17:20 Jesus reiterates that same message:

Since a mustard seed is a tiny inanimate object about the size of a grain of salt, it is easy to imagine that the faith of a mustard seed is fairly small. So, paraphrasing, what Jesus is saying is that if you have the tiniest bit of faith, you can move mountains.

Jesus says something similar in Matthew 21:21:

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

The message is reiterated Mark 11:24:

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14, Jesus tells all of us just how easy prayer can be:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

In Matthew 18:19 Jesus says it again:

Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Jesus is actually in our midst and God answers our prayers.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

My own god states that eh? Since when did I state I even followed a god, any "god", hm? It would behoove you to not make such assumptions, makes you appear foolish. And you do realise that the Christian conception of "god" *read Abrahamic* is not the only conception of what a "god" entails don't you? And that there are Christians in existance that would tell you that their Bible is NOT the exact "word of god" but more a divinely inspired *not literal and direct from the horses mouth so to speak or unchanged though* book of myth and allagory?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join