It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
Most likely due to the thnigs I said when my foot got hung up and ripped off!!! Yes the lords name came up more than once!

Not to mention I'm not chrisstian or follow the god of the bible.

How cool would it be if God restored your foot anyway? Would you be a believer then? I'll pray for you if that's alright, I'd love to see a miracle happen to one of us right here on the thread. "Ask and you shall receive" but it doesn't say when and it's definately not defined by our terms (only God's) so we need to be patient.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If we are looking to God for healing we need to keep this in mind. We must look to God and acknowledge that He can heal us, but at the same time realize He may be working in the background. He may be preparing us for a miracle by increasing our faith and trust in Him or He might be waiting for the right time for other things to fall into place.

While the Lord is interested in every minute detail of our lives, we have to remember that His ultimate plan is for each of us spend eternity with Him. It breaks God's heart to see people suffering, but His heart is that we will turn to Him for help in the midst of this suffering. The Bible tells us God's ultimate plan in John 3:16 when it says, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life". God loved you and I so much that He sent His Son to die a painful death for our sin to take our punishment. He suffered so we won't have to.

This love that God showed towards me was one of the greatest revelations of my life. To get to this point though, God "allowed" me to suffer a crippling disease to bring me to the point of where I would turn to Him. He didn't cause my suffering, but in His wisdom knew that is what I needed to look to Him. Looking back now I am glad He did bring that into my life as it brought me to the foot of the cross where I found Jesus.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by maus80
So seriously, I'd like to know where exactly Jesus said that God is a genie that grants wishes with magic and fairy dust.

ok, you asked..

In Matthew 17:20 Jesus reiterates that same message:

For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.

Since a mustard seed is a tiny inanimate object about the size of a grain of salt, it is easy to imagine that the faith of a mustard seed is fairly small. So, paraphrasing, what Jesus is saying is that if you have the tiniest bit of faith, you can move mountains.

Jesus says something similar in Matthew 21:21:

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

The message is reiterated Mark 11:24:

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14, Jesus tells all of us just how easy prayer can be:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

In Matthew 18:19 Jesus says it again:

Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Jesus is actually in our midst and God answers our prayers.

PRETTY CLEAR TO ME.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tungus
Why not treat them the same way? Could it be that god doesn't really cures cancer?
Could it be that there many variables in cancer while in amputees there is only one variable-- leg/ no leg?

A good question for God. Let me know what His answer is please.

Like someone said earlier, wait until the scientists work out the regeneration of organs and then there will be a flood of stories of limbs growing back on amputees, then god will be given the credit. NOT before.

Do you think God can bless science with knowledge? If He can raise the dead, I don't know why this would be unreasonable. Let's pray for this knowledge as well so that we can become part of the healing process too.

What I find interesting is that god has no problem with growing severed limbs now in things like starfish, salamanders and worms but when it comes to the crown of his creation --no such generosity.

I don't recall starfish, salamanders and worms defying God's orders in the beginning. Perhaps He's showing us that it can be done? All the more reason to be humbled.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Go ahead pray till you turn blue.....

If it worked, knowing my luck it would not be put in the right spot.

He has to have a since of humor, and in my case it would grow outs my back side or forehead..

Thanks for the thought, I did ask Odin for a better prosthesis for my holiday.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Why not treat them the same way? Could it be that god doesn't really cures cancer?
Could it be that there many variables in cancer while in amputees there is only one variable-- leg/ no leg?

A good question for God. Let me know what His answer is please.

Like someone said earlier, wait until the scientists work out the regeneration of organs and then there will be a flood of stories of limbs growing back on amputees, then god will be given the credit. NOT before.

Do you think God can bless science with knowledge? If He can raise the dead, I don't know why this would be unreasonable. Let's pray for this knowledge as well so that we can become part of the healing process too.

What I find interesting is that god has no problem with growing severed limbs now in things like starfish, salamanders and worms but when it comes to the crown of his creation --no such generosity.

I don't recall starfish, salamanders and worms defying God's orders in the beginning. Perhaps He's showing us that it can be done? All the more reason to be humbled.

lol.. yeah those thalidimide babies born horribly deformed and dying torturous deaths all because adam defied god way back when. Insanity at it's best.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

That's a valid question that was asked. Would it make you a believer?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Go ahead pray till you turn blue.....

Thank you ^_^. Who else is with me?

If it worked, knowing my luck it would not be put in the right spot.

Not a problem, He and I don't believe in luck.

He has to have a since of humor, and in my case it would grow outs my back side or forehead..

That'd be difficult to remove and reattach...but may be possible nonetheless with current medical technology.

Thanks for the thought, I did ask Odin for a better prosthesis for my holiday.

It'd be a start, though if we're going to a miracle, we may as well go all the way with the One who says He can do it. Please update any word or progress back.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Hmmm

I am a believer....

Just not the same god most think of.

Not the god of the KJ bible anyways, but in short that kind of miracle would make me think twice.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
lol.. yeah those thalidimide babies born horribly deformed and dying torturous deaths all because adam defied god way back when. Insanity at it's best.

I'm not sure why you find this funny. In any case, it wasn't because one man defied God, it was because all of mankind is defiant against God by their own decisions. You and me included.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Not the god of the KJ bible anyways, but in short that kind of miracle would make me think twice.

Good enough for me. I don't need a contract to try to help, just a chance at hope.

link   
reply to post by saint4God

Its been 18 years this last Oct the 3rd.

The only thing thats grown out of my nub is hair and dead skin.

If that changes I will deffinately let you know!

TY for the prayers.. have a good holiday!

link   
It seems as when people post these kinds of question.

1) They assume there is a God.
2) It seems as though, they want to believe, but still have unanswered questions.

I don't believe in Aliens. But, I don't go around making threads why haven't I seen an alien, unless I really wanted to see one.

link   

I'm not sure why you find this funny. In any case, it wasn't because one man defied God, it was because all of mankind is defiant against God by their own decisions. You and me included.

How does an innocent thalidomide baby fit into the reasoning? Did they defy god? Or will you dodge this like every other question in this thread with holy proverb speak and changing the subject..

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

2) It seems as though, they want to believe, but still have unanswered questions.

I don't believe in Aliens. But, I don't go around making threads why haven't I seen an alien, unless I really wanted to see one.

Ah yes, but people claiming there are aliens are not changing my child's education system and trying to shove crap down my throat are they? Maybe you need to view my motives from a different angle. I have no interest in God, just removing superstition from society.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

How does an innocent thalidomide baby fit into the reasoning?

I thought I'd answered this already.

Did they defy god?

What did I say?

Or will you dodge this like every other question in this thread with holy proverb speak and changing the subject..

No proverb there, I thought it was pretty clear, but the restate goes like this, "we all have and/or will defy God". Not once, not twice, but many many times in our lives because it is by our own selfish choosing to do so.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

How does an innocent thalidomide baby fit into the reasoning?

I thought I'd answered this already.

Did they defy god?

What did I say?

Or will you dodge this like every other question in this thread with holy proverb speak and changing the subject..

No proverb there, I thought it was pretty clear, but the restate goes like this, "we all have and/or will defy God". Not once, not twice, but many many times in our lives because it is by our own selfish choosing to do so.

Thanks for proving my point. You have answered nothing.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Ah yes, but people claiming there are aliens are not changing my child's education system and trying to shove crap down my throat are they? Maybe you need to view my motives from a different angle. I have no interest in God, just removing superstition from society.

That's where a lot of Christians go wrong. I can't save you, only God can. We can plant a seed, but God must grow that seed.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I have no interest in God, just removing superstition from society.

A good place to start then would be by targeting superstition instead of God. I appreciate your desire to provide a public service...we are alike in this regard.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Thanks for proving my point. You have answered nothing.

Perhaps we should move to true/false questions? There's no confusion there though our ability to have a progressive exchange of ideas is greatly inhibited, but it's at least a start.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by saint4God]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join