It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by romanmel

OK...now what about most "God haters" belirfs and actions? Not athiests, God haters. How else can you account for someone who says they reject God and yet spend most of their time trying to attack those who have by free will chosen to accept God?

They are seekers. Don't blast anyone who takes the time to at least argue about it. At least they are discussing it. You don't have to defend God, He's fully capable of doing that... just try to see it through a seekers' eyes... the only reason one would be angry about someone doing this is because it somehow threatens them. Perhaps we should think about why we think that "God haters" are threatening us...

[edit on 25/11/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

God chooses whom He will. His choice, nor ours. You as a follower of Christ, can "save" no one. We are to be a light to the world, not a self-appointed debater of faith. Those who have rejected God and attacked His people are reprobates. God will deal with them. Be a light by example. God's word is not debatable.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
But honestly to answer the OP's question... it's because he/she/it doesn't exist. If anyone would like to prove me wrong feel free!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BrawleR

if you want prove - you have to leave your PC and start investiagte for yourself..

link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

but why does that stop you, personally, from believing in God?

I'll answer that one: God's entire reputation and existence is hanging on how these "Christians" act, and how God has responded in kind, both to those who want to believe, and those who are unsure. So far, it's utter fail all around, IMO.

link   
reply to post by BrawleR

more meaning and can relate to the Buddhist culture more than modern Christianity

Give a rub on his belly for me.

I never quite understood that.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrawleR
But honestly to answer the OP's question... it's because he/she/it doesn't exist. If anyone would like to prove me wrong feel free!

The proof that God exists is within you.

Hellloooooooo... Must be pretty empty in there.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by AdmiralObamaGFOL

You will likely ignore these words for now; but they will absolutely be on your mind as you take your last breath... and wonder in terror about what happens next.

Oh for goodness sake, did you ever even consider the possibility that some people my go into death without fear, there are millions of people across this planet who don't feel the terror of death as you put it.

many of them are notably not of the same belief as you.

Det a grip dude, we live we die, unless of course we don't.

You may believe that now. Wait. Even the most hardened person fears death. It is natural. You don't "fear" death now because you are most likely young and have a full life ahead of you or middle aged and still yet have plenty of life ahead. When you lie on your deathbed awaiting those final breaths to pass you will certainly fear death. At least for a moment. It feels like I am focusing on your posts and I probably am, but you are so arrogant that you even have a Christian bashing signature. HOW ABOUT YOU GET A GRIP! No kidding people live and die, but God ensured that death is only the beginning. Only if you DARE to believe. Is that such a horrible fate to you? That there just might be a creator who loves you?

Now to get off of you, moocowman those who say that miracles happen on God's terms is something only the wealthy or well off would say I am sorry, but that is plane horse stuff. I can assure you I am not wealthy or well off and live a pretty meager existence. I make enough to pay for the roof over my head, food, utilities, and an internet connection. I'd hardly say I'm rolling in the money and I can see miracle and prayer is on God's terms. You can only ask.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

OK...now what about most "God haters" belirfs and actions? Not athiests, God haters. How else can you account for someone who says they reject God and yet spend most of their time trying to attack those who have by free will chosen to accept God?

They are seekers. Don't blast anyone who takes the time to at least argue about it. At least they are discussing it. You don't have to defend God, He's fully capable of doing that... just try to see it through a seekers' eyes... the only reason one would be angry about someone doing this is because it somehow threatens them. Perhaps we should think about why we think that "God haters" are threatening us...

God chooses whom He will. His choice, nor ours. You as a follower of Christ, can "save" no one.

I don't even try.

We are to be a light to the world, not a self-appointed debater of faith.

When someone asks me what I believe, I will tell them, and, yes, debate them because that is what I enjoy. Do you really think that blasting others is being a "light to the world"?

Those who have rejected God and attacked His people are reprobates. God will deal with them. Be a light by example. God's word is not debatable.

So by being rude and brash with non-Christians and labeling them a certain way because you believe they are reprobates is what Jesus would do? Is that being a "light by example". Nope, it's dousing whatever flicker was there before they talked to you. Do you think that God thinks that they are reprobates????? Remember the part about - judge not, lest ye be judged???

This is exactly the reason why Christianity gets such a black eye.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Lol well put! Within me is me. I'm responsible for my actions, and my well being. As bad as it sounds, I feel a lot of people use religion as a crutch in life. When my father passed when I was 12, I didn't blame anybody. I didn't pray. I have memories of him, knew that he was a great man, but I didn't go on a deep religious search trying to find the meaning why he died. It's the way of life. You're born, you live, you die. Sometimes it's taken from you early, but hey, nothing happens by coincidence right?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11

This is a remix of an old question man has been asking for ages. The original question is "Why does God allow suffering?"

No the question is why doesn't god heal amputees, an amputee may not necessarily be suffering.

either jesus

is a liar

is imaginary

or I'm a demon

I'm not sure I get your point. I understand what you mean about the question. I was making my own point there. However, I don't understand your point about Jesus. Also keep in mind I am no longer Christian.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged

Originally posted by ilovetoledo
Dear non-believer friends, if you do not want to believe in God, that is your choice. However, why are you so preoccupied with the subject? I doubt that you will change many peoples' beliefs. It seems strange that you should be so preoccupied with a subject you might regard as falacious, irrational, and maybe just plain stupid? If that is what you truly believe, then why waste your time trying to convince us?

Because, like I said many many times, religious beliefs are preventing this world from advancing, ESPECIALLY when its comes to things like amputee regrowth, cloning and stem cell research. Its pressure from your interests groups that cause these studies to get low funding or protested to the point they shut down.

I'm pretty sure this is three times in this thread alone I have made this point and three times its been ignored, could someone who disagrees please challenge it or something, i'd rather a suitable argument for it rather than ignoring the fact that i'm right

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

but why does that stop you, personally, from believing in God?

I'll answer that one: God's entire reputation and existence is hanging on how these "Christians" act, and how God has responded in kind, both to those who want to believe, and those who are unsure. So far, it's utter fail all around, IMO.

His rep maybe but certainly not His existence. Remember, God's focus is on our eternal well being (our soul's well being) not our temporal, physical existence here. Earth is Satan's realm.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Wow. You need to take this on the road- see how many CHRISTIANS you can convince to act like you do. You said one of the exact reasons I quit being a Christian- THE PEOPLE. There's absolutely nothing worse than having some self righteous, swaggering yahoo kick a person in the groin when they're already on the ground and then throw in the mix "But don't worry- GOD Loves you". Uh huh. Right. Ok.

I still hold up tho- if God did something about it- a lot of us would not be like we are. I've watched Christians treat me awful, walk off, and their life remains great no matter what- while mine gets steadily worse.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

How does someone who has an self righteous view affect your belief in God? Why are they bearing any control of your life? Fact is they're not. While there is a grand plan for us all it really is up to us to make our lives what it is. Stop being a baby and do something about it if you feel your life is going downhill. Maybe it's your separation from God? What's so downhill? Career? Significant others? Family? Anything can be changed if you possess the will to do so. It rests squarely on your shoulders alone. Be a man.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Remember, God's focus is on our eternal well being (our soul's well being) not our temporal, physical existence here.

That said- a little nicer life would help things immensely. I never asked for much (until recently... I kinda snapped)- living a miserable existence no one can comprehend... my fave still being the
look when I say I don't have a family. You'd think I was admitting to murder the way people at a church look at me and respond a lot of the time.

The 3 are linked: body, mind and spirit- and if your body and mind are being screwed up and beaten, your spirit's gonna give out after a while. Mine did. I know others who have, too. Is God going to take this into account? Or will we be deemed 'defective' and thrown into hell like so much discarded trash?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Come on guys!! I'm posting a legitimate ON TOPIC question(one that doesn't bash religion, just questions the motives of interest groups as it relates to this topic) and its BLATENTLY being ignored.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

Typical. Tell ya what- lose your family, The woman you love to someone else, your money, and all your goals, be homeless a few times, have a few fun physical injuries that ruin your ability to have a normal life, get your family to beat and abuse you for the first half of your life, lose control of EVERY. SINGLE. Choice made- everything you do comes out wrong- and knowing you're intelligent enough to do the right thing and it still goes to hell on a rocket sled- and get back to me. Be a man. take even HALF of what I've been thru. K? Oh, and don't resort to drugs, alcoholism.... I didn't, and you cant, either.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The 3 are linked: body, mind and spirit- and if your body and mind are being screwed up and beaten, your spirit's gonna give out after a while. Mine did. I know others who have, too. Is God going to take this into account? Or will we be deemed 'defective' and thrown into hell like so much discarded trash?

What churches are you going to? I find it odd that they would look down on you for not having a family and if that is the case that is very unchristian and wrong. God can help mend your spirit. He loves you and so long as you believe him to be so he will not abandon you. He will see you through until you can join him. He is not the vengeful God of the Old Testament. You are not defective. You seem to be articulate and I'm sure you can improve your circumstances. Reach, friend. Make a plan and pull yourself out of it. You can do it.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

Remember, God's focus is on our eternal well being (our soul's well being) not our temporal, physical existence here.

That said- a little nicer life would help things immensely. I never asked for much (until recently... I kinda snapped)- living a miserable existence no one can comprehend... my fave still being the
look when I say I don't have a family. You'd think I was admitting to murder the way people at a church look at me and respond a lot of the time.

Why do you care what people think of you? Do you even know what God thinks of you? I have a feeling I do but do you? It doesn't sound like it. I also have a feeling that if you knew what He thought of you, you wouldn't care, one little bit, about what other people thought. I cannot answer this for you, you'll have to figure that one out... it's all about the personal relationship with Him. Relationships take time...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

He loves you and so long as you believe him to be so he will not abandon you.

Well, there's the thing. I gave up. I gave up believing, the whole thing. I don't give up easy- but after 21 years of madness... It's time to lay down and quit, ya know?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join