It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
can i just ask all the bible heads a small question.. as theirs no point trying to actualy talk in here , as it will just fet flames with more religious bullcrap!

"WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT THAT THEIR IS A GOD TYPE FIGURE IN YOUR LIFE?? DO YOU ALL NEED SOMEONE TO FOLLOW OR SOMEONE TO BLAME?

and yes, i shouted that out so you can actualy see and hopefully answer, id love to actualy get an answer, so many times i have asked questions like this on ats and get ignored..

and for the record, i am a man of absolutely NO religion, im in control of my own life, when its bad its my fault, when its good its my doing.... simple as that.

and NO, i DO NOT CALL MYSELF AN ATHIEST! - thats a whole almost over preachy religion to its self these days and annoys me as much as every other religion, if not more as they are in complete self denial, and try to blame science for everything bad and for any good..

come on humans, take some freaking credit where credits due and take the blam elike a man (or woman)

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
God still does miracles. One time I was driving down the road with my family. We were suddenly interrupted by a huge downpour of rain and had to wait for it to stop. Then we were delayed by some road construction. We still had 500 miles to go before getting home. We crossed the Canadian border and started down into the States and made our way through a large state park. There were no people or houses. My car began to ping and the battery light came on. A town was 20 miles away and I thought I could make it and drove on. Suddenly plumes of steam billowed out of the car as my water pump finally went. I would have kept going because of the woods we were in. But suddenly a man stepped into the road with a stop sign. They were doing some pot hole fills. When he saw my situation he told me to go to the one and only house on that road around the corner (I would have missed it if he hadn't stopped me). The lady there called her friend who had a garage. They came and got us for free and fixed the car while they fed us dinner. I was expecting to pay big time money for all the repairs but was charged 150 bucks. The man replied he had never seen anything like it. When the water pump went all the belts simply stayed on the engine block and should have been completely destroyed, and then engine should have been damaged because the pump was completely destroyed. I paid them and thanked them and drove home and arrived earlier than expected in the end.

That morning before we left, we prayed for a safe trip home. I'll give the credit to God because so much happened that it just couldn't be coincidence.

"We know that all things work together for them that love God..."

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
can i just ask all the bible heads a small question.. as theirs no point trying to actualy talk in here , as it will just fet flames with more religious bullcrap!

"WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT THAT THEIR IS A GOD TYPE FIGURE IN YOUR LIFE?? DO YOU ALL NEED SOMEONE TO FOLLOW OR SOMEONE TO BLAME?

and yes, i shouted that out so you can actualy see and hopefully answer, id love to actualy get an answer, so many times i have asked questions like this on ats and get ignored..

and for the record, i am a man of absolutely NO religion, im in control of my own life, when its bad its my fault, when its good its my doing.... simple as that.

and NO, i DO NOT CALL MYSELF AN ATHIEST! - thats a whole almost over preachy religion to its self these days and annoys me as much as every other religion, if not more as they are in complete self denial, and try to blame science for everything bad and for any good..

come on humans, take some freaking credit where credits due and take the blam elike a man (or woman)

It's not that it is so important that there is a God, there is God. It is important that you understand that there is God. We are all accountable to Him.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by av8r007
Another poster gave you an example of an amputee being healed:

en.wikipedia.org...

I know my answered prayer that really sticks out other than the normal stuff you have to wait for is insane. A freakin' TV? But it is the truth.

They are not interested in this. They simply don't believe.There here just to bash faith.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
fromabove good post.

As to the poster above this is where I will hang my hat on this topic. I'm sick of arguing it. There is no winning. Either those will believe or not. I just hope for their sakes they decide one day to believe in God.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

Christ isn't about praying for things to appear. He isn't a jeanie in a bottle that just comes out when ever you rub the lamp. If that is your understanding on Christ, you may need to do a bit more research before you start another thread on Him.

Funny how the ones who are well off always use that tired line.... Believe it or not, there's those of us who ask 'WHY' on a regular basis. We ask WHY when no prayers are answered, and we lived our life up to where we should- or have tried as hard as possible. We hear how all things are possible- til we ask for them. Then the 'genie', 'vending machine' 'gumball machine' cards are handed out over and over, ad naseum. These are the excuses the less fortunate get to endure.... Why *wouldnt* any of us tell your Jesus to take a hike. A lot of us are seeing thru the nonsense, double talk, and outright lies that Church and Christian have dumped on them time and again in the name of Deity & Son, and honestly, a good deal of us are sick of it.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable

The OP still goes unanswered.. nothing but delusional people pulling crap out of the air and making up whatever they can to explain why jesus will not heal amputees.

nighty night.

Perhaps you didn't see my post because I didn't yell and scream and only posted once but I do want to know your answer to the question I asked in it:

What does healing the physical body have to do with ones' spiritual health?

The body is temporary. We all know that the body dies and rots away - and I say Thank God for that! God is not concerned with the physical body - only with the soul, spiritual health per se. So why would He be concerned with the physical body at all? The only reason for the quote "The body is the temple of God" is because the body houses the SOUL during our time on earth.

That is my answer to the OP. If you don't like that answer then I can't help you anymore - but don't say that the OP went unanswered - because it WAS. You don't have to believe it but I wish you would.

[edit on 25/11/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT THAT THEIR IS A GOD TYPE FIGURE IN YOUR LIFE?? DO YOU ALL NEED SOMEONE TO FOLLOW OR SOMEONE TO BLAME?

Gods will is the only law for sane people.
Without God all is meaningless.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
most christians arent even christians even thou they say they practice the religion.

most christians quote the book with out even having read it as a whole with all the material around the book thats not published in the book.

most christians have selected passages of the book which they live by and forget the rest thats in the book.

most christians brake the rules god put forth daily.

most christians are born again NEW AGE spiritualists not christians.

most christians put faith before fact.

most christians forget to turn the cheek.

most christians belive that all actions in life are pre determed by the will of god.

most christians are delusional.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
most christians arent even christians even thou they say they practice the religion.

most christians quote the book with out even having read it as a whole with all the material around the book thats not published in the book.

most christians have selected passages of the book which they live by and forget the rest thats in the book.

most christians belive that all actions in life are pre determed by the will of god.

I agree with you, but why does that stop you, personally, from believing in God? What other people do doesn't stop me from believing in what I believe.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
to you non believers - why shall we keep on saying the same ?

Have you read the whole thread ?

Now questions that have already been answered , is beeing asked again !

please stop asking the same.

-how do you learn a blind, what colors is ?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by Roadblockx

Christ isn't about praying for things to appear. He isn't a jeanie in a bottle that just comes out when ever you rub the lamp. If that is your understanding on Christ, you may need to do a bit more research before you start another thread on Him.

Funny how the ones who are well off always use that tired line.... Believe it or not, there's those of us who ask 'WHY' on a regular basis. We ask WHY when no prayers are answered, and we lived our life up to where we should- or have tried as hard as possible. We hear how all things are possible- til we ask for them. Then the 'genie', 'vending machine' 'gumball machine' cards are handed out over and over, ad naseum. These are the excuses the less fortunate get to endure.... Why *wouldnt* any of us tell your Jesus to take a hike. A lot of us are seeing thru the nonsense, double talk, and outright lies that Church and Christian have dumped on them time and again in the name of Deity & Son, and honestly, a good deal of us are sick of it.

All things are possible but that doesn't mean all things are absolute. It is possible for God to hear your prayer, but are you listening to God when He speaks? The Bible says to draw near to God and He'll draw near to you. So to flip the coin over, draw away from God and he'll draw away from you... God will not be tested. He must be received by faith, and for those of us who have faith we are sure of what we know and believe. Faith is not always an easy thing and contrary to belief, faith is not blind. Faith always produces a result. Let me put this request out there to you. Try taking a sincere moment and consider the possibility of God, then ask in your heart for God to reveal himself to you without any preconditions. If He is real, you want to know for sure. This sincere prayer gets an answer. God will draw near to any heart willing to ask Him to do so. He will make sure you know beyond any doubt that He is real.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Fromabove]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

Do you have someone you truly love in your life? Maybe a girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, wife, child, mother, father, grandmother, grandfather... anyone? Do you think that love is based on following that person or having someone to blame things on? I hope not... it's the same thing with loving God.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You are either a Christian or not. Please define Christian?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Massive real special healing was a first century exclusive, to prove that it could be done. It foreshadowed what Jesus would do for all of humanity during his millennial reign of a thousand years after Satan is removed from afflicting mankind. We just aren't there yet. I know many are tired of waiting for this, we want it right now. But this is coming on God's time table, not ours.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

it depends on which "god" you belive in as a christian

the god moses spoke to ?

the gods that made adam and eve ?

the god jesus talked about ?

or a made up collaboration of all above ?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

it depends on which "god" you belive in as a christian

the god moses spoke to ?

the gods that made adam and eve ?

the god jesus talked about ?

or a made up collaboration of all above ?

That's an easy one. The God I believe is the one that speaks to ME in my soul. It's hard to explain but I know in the deepest part of me that He is there and, yes, it gives me strength to carry on in this insane, horrible, temporary world.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
What I never understood is... "God" gave us free will correct? Yet if we do not believe in him and follow his teachings we burn in hell for all eternity? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BrawleR

...thats because - as earlier mentioned - the Bible was written up to 100 years later than when things happend - and that there is a deeper esoteric meaning to that....

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AUM68

I'm aware of the deep meaning of it, however, it still baffles me. Say an African tribe member dies, does he go to hell? He's completely unaware of Christianity as a whole, and has not had any formal teaching or even the opportunity to learn about Jesus. What happens to him?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join