It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrawleR
What I never understood is... "God" gave us free will correct? Yet if we do not believe in him and follow his teachings we burn in hell for all eternity? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

The natural flow of life is through God. Why do people keep suppressing that?

God is here helping us along the way. If you refuse his help, I guess your on your own.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

thats a good question ,

are you christian by beliving jesus walked the earth and living by his teachings ?

are you a christian by beliving that mooses laws are the ones to live by ?

are you a christian by living according to the 1000´s of the other laws in the book ?

are you a christian by simply beliving in god and not living according to the laws laid out by god ?

has god anything to do with christianity ?

has jesus anything to do with christianity ?

has mooses anything to do with christianity ?

does the christian god recognize other religions gods ?

can you be a christian without knowing you are one ?

can you be a non christian by beliving to be a christian ?

what has church to do with christianity ?

what has the bible to do with christianity ?

is the crusifix a metaphor for the cross jesus hang on ?

how come christians have needed to divide them selfs in to , ev lut, ortodox, baptist , catholic etc etc if they belive in the same thing ?

why does not all christians belive in the same thing ?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Dear non-believer friends, if you do not want to believe in God, that is your choice. However, why are you so preoccupied with the subject? I doubt that you will change many peoples' beliefs. It seems strange that you should be so preoccupied with a subject you might regard as falacious, irrational, and maybe just plain stupid? If that is what you truly believe, then why waste your time trying to convince us?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Wow, This has turned into another "bash every religious belief you do not agree with" thread.

The OP asked a legitimate question, but it is based on the false premise that all Christians, (well maybe not exclusively Christians) believe that miraculous healing takes place, so it begs the question, "how can they explain why amputees are excluded."

I believe the questions has been answered, although many will not agree.
Miraculous healing took place in the first century along with other gifts of the spirit, but ended with the death of the apostles.

It will not happen again until after Armageddon and the Millennial reign of Christ begins. So really, no claims of healing today are legitimate.

Of course, to an unbeliever, there is no way to prove that the recorded miracles, 2000 years ago, actually happened.

[edit on 11/25/2009 by Sparky63]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by zerbot565
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

it depends on which "god" you belive in as a christian

the god moses spoke to ?

the gods that made adam and eve ?

the god jesus talked about ?

or a made up collaboration of all above ?

That's an easy one. The God I believe is the one that speaks to ME in my soul. It's hard to explain but I know in the deepest part of me that He is there and, yes, it gives me strength to carry on in this insane, horrible, temporary world.

so your a spiritual pagan who see the whole of nature and belive in the hindu type afterlife of recarnation ?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BrawleR

okay - please follow:

the eksoteric christianity - that what you read in the bible - is ment for those "simple" people living in i.e. africa.
The main message is: live your life in honosty - dont kill, and love your next of kind - then you will go to heaven.

As written earlier - each world religion comes to earth, when it is needed and has nothing to do with the individual: God dont care if you pray 1000 times aday if you after churchtime goes out on the street and hate other people. God would rather that you live your life in honosty than you go to church.

I guess you see my point: The bible or religion in common is very misunderstood.

So yes - of course your little friend goes to heaven (will reincarnate) if he lives a life loving the next of kind and dont kill....

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovetoledo
Dear non-believer friends, if you do not want to believe in God, that is your choice. However, why are you so preoccupied with the subject? I doubt that you will change many peoples' beliefs. It seems strange that you should be so preoccupied with a subject you might regard as falacious, irrational, and maybe just plain stupid? If that is what you truly believe, then why waste your time trying to convince us?

Because, like I said many many times, religious beliefs are preventing this world from advancing, ESPECIALLY when its comes to things like amputee regrowth, cloning and stem cell research. Its pressure from your interests groups that cause these studies to get low funding or protested to the point they shut down.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ilovetoledo

beliving or not beliving is not the question

the question is to you belive in the christian god or a made up pop culture collaboration christianity preaches about.

yet it still dosent change the fact that amputees still suffer and "god" does nothing about it...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil

God is here helping us along the way. If you refuse his help, I guess your on your own.

Hey, when he offers a hand I'll gladly grab it. Up till now, I've lived the life of a good person, but I've had many hardships in my short time here on Earth. I've had no assistance. I'm a spiritual person, and believe there are things out there that we can't understand yet, however, I'm not into blind faith. That's just me. Believe what you want, I'm just trying to understand the mindset of people who follow Christianity.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Everything that happens to us isn't some random act. There are those less 'fortunate' than others. God isn't here to correct what is lacking for every one of us, rather judge how we live our life, how we respect the basic values like Love and Respect.
Have you noticed how very few of the well off do something with their wealth to actually help those in need? It is true that the poorest or the suffering are generally the most generous.
Anyways, good things and bad things are bound to happen to us during our little instant on this world, people should learn how to overcome their difficulties, help others overcome theirs and use a bit of fraternity and in the end we will be rewarded for it.
And people should stop picturing God like in the movie 'Bruce Almighty', God isnt an old man sitting somewhere staring at a bunch of prayers, God is more like the essence of this very universe we are part of and probably going to purge the bad elements poisoning its purity.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Everything that happens to us isn't some random act. There are those less 'fortunate' than others. God isn't here to correct what is lacking for every one of us, rather judge how we live our life, how we respect the basic values like Love and Respect.
Have you noticed how very few of the well off do something with their wealth to actually help those in need? It is true that the poorest or the suffering are generally the most generous.
Anyways, good things and bad things are bound to happen to us during our little instant on this world, people should learn how to overcome their difficulties, help others overcome theirs and use a bit of fraternity and in the end we will be rewarded for it.
And people should stop picturing God like in the movie 'Bruce Almighty', God isnt an old man sitting somewhere staring at a bunch of prayers, God is more like the essence of this very universe we are part of and probably going to purge the bad elements poisoning its purity.

And how does he do this? By causing a serial rapist/murderer to kill over 10 young women? Most of whom in college? There was a story up here about a guy who did that exact thing. They raided his home and found over 10 bodies. Ah yes, purge the impurities!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

The overriding prayer of ALL Believers is THY WILL BE DONE. We are willing slaves, bought and paid for by the blood of our LORD and Master, Jesus Christ.

You tell responders to read the article, I suggest that you read the book of Job.

My brother was a drunken, godless atheist until he was broken and humbled after an accident that left him a paraplegic. He also prayed for healing that never came. He was also called to the alter of a "church" and told in front of a congregation by the preacher that he wasn't healed because he lacked faith! God instead told him that HIS grace was sufficient.

Now God uses my brother to inspire and lead others to Jesus through the joy and peace that he exhibits every day in his life. Can you begin to imagine having joy and peace through God after that? Yet, the single source of that joy and peace is JESUS CHRIST his LORD- the peace that passes all understanding comes from God alone. Lost people see it and are drawn to it. His tragedy here in this world has become a way to glorify the living God and accomplish His eternal purposes.

Our life here is but a vapor of the eternal lives that we will lead forever. A good parent knows what is best for his children. An eternal God certainly knows, and gives what is best for His children. Thank God that he has NOT answered all of my prayers!

I have reviewed your profile and now I have some words that i hope you will consider-

Repent of your sins for God's wrath is upon you. There is no peace for the wicked; neither here on earth, nor in eternity to come. You see this torment even now in your life and I am telling you the source- Repent and come to the cross. You will face a Holy God on the day of judgement for your refusal to accept God's free gift of salvation through Jesus Christ.

You are living your short time here on earth in utter darkness because the adversary of your soul has deceived you. You have an enemy whom you also do not know. He hates you and wants you to die in torment because you are made in the image of your Creator, whom he also hates. Eternal hell and torment will be your destiny unless you repent of your sins and come to the cross of Jesus.

You will likely ignore these words for now; but they will absolutely be on your mind as you take your last breath... and wonder in terror about what happens next.

Read these words and stop wondering- save your soul now friend, it hangs in the balance.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

it depends on which "god" you belive in as a christian

the god moses spoke to ?

the gods that made adam and eve ?

the god jesus talked about ?

or a made up collaboration of all above ?

That's an easy one. The God I believe is the one that speaks to ME in my soul. It's hard to explain but I know in the deepest part of me that He is there and, yes, it gives me strength to carry on in this insane, horrible, temporary world.

so your a spiritual pagan who see the whole of nature and belive in the hindu type afterlife of recarnation ?

Lol, what? I don't know enough of these other labels to answer your question honestly but I do consider myself a Christian. Have you never heard of the concept of a personal relationship with God being the MOST important aspect of Christianity? Also, yes, I do believe in reincarnation/afterlife but no, recincarnation is not inconsistent with Christianity (and I've never studied Hinduism so I wouldn't know if it was the same "type").

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

most christians arent even christians even thou they say they practice the religion.
most christians quote the book with out even having read it as a whole with all the material around the book thats not published in the book.
most christians have selected passages of the book which they live by and forget the rest thats in the book.
most christians brake the rules god put forth daily.
most christians are born again NEW AGE spiritualists not christians.
most christians put faith before fact.
most christians forget to turn the cheek.
most christians belive that all actions in life are pre determed by the will of god.
most christians are delusional.

OK...now what about most "God haters" belirfs and actions? Not athiests, God haters. How else can you account for someone who says they reject God and yet spend most of their time trying to attack those who have by free will chosen to accept God? Thus "God Haters" is the more correct term.

IMO...if I believed there was no God, I'd be out there gobbling up all the gusto I could in the short period I had here on this Earth. Time's a wastin! Get out there and "live like Hell" so to speak. The grave awaits you. Certainly I would not "waste my time" attacking what I don't even believe in!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

I am glad you posted this,Troubleshooter,because now I have another example of what I was going to write,which is the fact that I am a recovering addict/alcoholic and when in active addiction,my life was a living H*ll and I felt cursed.When I found recovery through 12 Step programs,and it allowed me to live the life I was MEANT to live,not only chemical-free,but a rich,fulfilling life through working the steps and fellowshipping with others,I was--in a sense--reborn.If I had not had the pain and misery of addiction--I would have never SOUGHT the tools of recovery,and therefore never would have found the path that led me out of not only physical addiction,but the program and tools that required I work on the underlying SYMPTOMS that made me drink/drug in the first place.I received self-knowledge,and through working the steps with a sponsor,was able to recognize that which had to go/be changed and worked on--I was able to clean my mental and emotional house and find a God of my understanding that has increased my joy in life,and given me the ability to live life on life's terms and actually be HAPPY/FULFILLED.I am no longer lost.So--through my supposed DISability--I was actually given a blessing that changed my entire life and outlook and attitude and meet alot of other folks from all over the world who are having the same experience,and has also allowed me to help others who suffer from the same and give back to them what was so freely given to ME,and to do service work and contribute something worthwhile and participate in and witness something that is nothing short of miraculous.And--for the record--I NEVER 'out' myself in a public forum--my anonymity is very important to me,and I am not a 'preachy' person.I also watched an episode of 'Extreme Home Makeover' not long ago wherein the husband had lost the use of his legs and was wheelchair bound.But he rose above it,became an Olympic medalist and helps other veterans deal with losing limbs,being paralyzed,etc.His only lamentation was that he could not interact with his kids the way he wanted to,or help his wife the way he wanted to,and the folks from EHM and a lot of other people in the community built him a wheelchair accessible home and made the yard that way,too so that he could then interact with his loved ones the way he wanted to.PLUS--it gave all the volunteers that worked on the project the chance to give of themselves and the experience of witnessing this man and his families life being transformed and share in their joy.
So--when you question someone's DISability,and God's motive in creating it,you are ASSUMING to know the divine mind and purpose.I would NEVER trade my experiences or my disability,as it was those experiences and disability that put me on the wonderful path of enlightenment.So--by YOUR reasoning (the OP's),if God had not allowed me to experience the H*ll,and never created it within me in the first place,I might very well have gone the rest of my 'normal',disability-free life without having the spiritual awakening and life-altering experiences I had for the BETTER,and not be living happy,joyous and free today.YOUR will for me would have caused me to miss something very miraculous,wonderful and profound.I actually have to thank you for creating this post,as it gave me the opportunity to write this and remind myself exactly where I came from and how I got to the happy and content place I am in right now.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

OK...now what about most "God haters" belirfs and actions? Not athiests, God haters. How else can you account for someone who says they reject God and yet spend most of their time trying to attack those who have by free will chosen to accept God?

They are seekers. Don't blast anyone who takes the time to at least argue about it. At least they are discussing it. You don't have to defend God, He's fully capable of doing that... just try to see it through a seekers' eyes... the only reason one would be angry about someone doing this is because it somehow threatens them. Perhaps we should think about why we think that "God haters" are threatening us...

[edit on 25/11/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovetoledo

Er dude, no one is trying to convince you of anything. We would just like you to refrain from continually trying to convince the rest of us by attempting to influence laws that would prevent us living as we choose and pushing your ideas on our children ect without our consent.

We tried being polite, we said no thanks, we said this repeatedly through the ages, no thank you but hey you can believe what you wish.

But you would not listen, you would not hear no you insisted that you were correct and forced us to comply using torture, rape, murder ans more.

We still said no and kept saying no, we eventually removed your authority of law and prevented you burning and terrorizing us.

Over the ages we grew stronger and had removed much of your influences on our socieities, but you still kept on insisting.

We still say no, you still will not listen we still watch our laws and work to remove your influence of them, it is nearly finished.

You will never be happy until you force retaliation, it's difficult not to stoop to your level in order to remain free of mind.

All along, many of us would give our last breath for your right to believe what you choose , you forget we have the same right .

When our laws schools and governance are free of religious influence, well now ,we may all just get along.

However, this is unacceptable to you, as your prophesies require war and death, hate and disharmony. Without these you have nothing to point to to proclaim the imminent arrival of your god.

You are the bringers of death for without it you are nothing.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AdmiralObamaGFOL

You will likely ignore these words for now; but they will absolutely be on your mind as you take your last breath... and wonder in terror about what happens next.

Oh for goodness sake, did you ever even consider the possibility that some people my go into death without fear, there are millions of people across this planet who don't feel the terror of death as you put it.

many of them are notably not of the same belief as you.

Det a grip dude, we live we die, unless of course we don't.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrawleR

Originally posted by oliveoil

Hey, when he offers a hand I'll gladly grab it. Up till now, I've lived the life of a good person, but I've had many hardships in my short time here on Earth. I've had no assistance. I'm a spiritual person, and believe there are things out there that we can't understand yet, however, I'm not into blind faith. That's just me. Believe what you want, I'm just trying to understand the mindset of people who follow Christianity.

reply to post by BrawleR

Think of the Bible as his hand.

Anyone who believes in anything usually does not do so by blind faith.
That would not make any sense.
The reason I am an adherent of Christ is because of what he says that makes sense.
All the questions that I have the Bible seems to answer them.
It gives me a meaning of life. A purpose. Joy.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by oliveoil]

[edit on 25-11-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Then more power to you! If it works for you and makes you happy, I'm glad it does. Hell, I find more meaning and can relate to the Buddhist culture more than modern Christianity. That's just me of course!

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join