It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

The point is to expose lunacy of religion and the thread has been a huge success. The OP still goes unanswered.. nothing but delusional people pulling crap out of the air and making up whatever they can to explain why Jesus will not heal amputees.

If you bothered to read the second page of your thread I provided proof of an event that happened
in Calanda Spain in 1640, where a farmers leg was restored after being amputated two in a half years earlier. This has been documented and is on display in a glass case in the town hall of Zaragoza.(not his leg,just the docs)

en.wikipedia.org...

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Because he would have to come back and land his spacecraft, along with his heavenly host (army) I belive jesus was an alien..

I am a former 'fundy' who left Christianity after a con artist showed me what a real snake pit it is - www.swindledforjesus.com...

The alien thing is pretty strong when you see the evidience such as UFOs in Christian art.
www.spiritandflesh.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
To my understanding (through my own life's struggles to live), God does not give anyone more than they can handle. Also learned is that everything happens for a reason, God only knows.

But if you pay attention to the details of your daily life, your purpose will be made clear to you, It's like they say everyone brings joy to a room, some by entering, others by leaving.

For me to ask God, WHY would you have made me born this way to deal with the things I have to (in my own pitiful plea, I've just discovered part of the answer) beacuse I HAVE TO. The next fun thing is to figure out WHAT it is I have to do...and DO IT!

Through my years of struggle from birth to present day, my experiences have shaped my mind, heart and helped me to do what I feel I am supposed to, which is to bring genuine understanding, compassion and care for others.

I have served as an inspiration to others who thought they had it bad, likewise I have met others far worse off than I that made me appreciate the same.

And for those out there who would use the term 'bible thumper' let me say this, I am a spiritual person, I follow no specific earthbound religion (because most of them revolve around MONEY) but I do believe in a power greater than me, or I simply wouldn't have been here.

We must all be the change we want in this world, to unite and rise up against all that's wrong and each day...make it right!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
All miraculous healing ended with the death of the apostles. In spite of what Benny Hin and Peter Popoff claim, there is no miraculous healing done today, anywhere.

That is why Christians are taught to pray for God's kingdom to come, and will be done "As in heaven, also upon the Earth". When that kingdom is established and Christ judges the nations, then Isaiah 33:24 & 35:5-7 will be fulfilled.

Until then, no claims of miraculous healing, whether it be limbs restored, cataracts disappearing, cancer going into remission, or any other malady being cured, will ever take place.

So you are right in saying that if a million or even a billion people prayed for an amputee, nothing would happen. The time is not right for such things to occur.
(Ecclesiastes 3:1-3) 3 For everything there is an appointed time, even a time for every affair under the heavens: 2 a time for birth and a time to die; a time to plant and a time to uproot what was planted; 3 a time to kill and a time to heal; a time to break down and a time to build;

When the time comes, God will do what he has promised.

[edit on 11/25/2009 by Sparky63]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

The Question was: "Why won't God heal amputees?" The answer is: He will, and he does, it might not be the way you want it to be (spontaneous growth) but it usually gets done (prosthetic limbs, wheelchairs etc.). So maybe it's just the way we see these miracles that bother us. We want to see a "Michael Bay miracle" and when God doesn't give it to us we claim he doesn't exist??

Here you go dude, this video was made just for you , I challenge you to open your mind for just one minute, I do

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
That video is crackpot theory. Nice try. As you say "Next!"

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Double post (my first one yay!)

[edit on 25-11-2009 by av8r007]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This is a remix of an old question man has been asking for ages. The original question is "Why does God allow suffering?"

I don't believe this is a paradox as has been suggested. Honestly I believe the answer many here are looking for is a Christian one. But I will tell you the truth, NOT what you want to hear.

God does not heal amputees because they chose that life, and God would be interfering with free will if he was to simply heal everyone. . Bear with me here....

What is our purpose? Why are we here? Simply to BE? Simply to survive the day? Or is there a purpose? Could we possibly be here to accomplish something we cannot easily do in some other form or place? YES.

We are here for a reason. That reason is not to simply survive the day and play out our roles while those in 'heaven' watch and judge us. We are here to learn spiritual lessons. By spiritual I do not mean Christian or other religious lessons. These are man made. The lessons are based on the core principals and philosophies that ALL religions have in common. The lessons are very philosophical as well as spiritual.

The reason God allows suffering is because WE are the ones who ask for it in the first place. Of course, in the moment, it is nearly impossible to see this truth....especially if YOU are the one who is suffering. However a critical look will reveal the truth. Suffering is a teacher. So are many other things which seem to be a solely negative experience. However, we can each learn from these experiences. Also, just as children teach the parents more than the parents teach....these circumstances ALSO teach those around us. You would have some difficulty in deciding who is learning the most.....the person suffering or the family member who must care for that person the rest of their life. The lesson is for both, and that is the beauty of it. When true love and loyalty triumph over apparent suffering a great truth is revealed.

I hope we will all come to realize that ALL answers cannot be found in religion. The religions we have on this planet are all made by man. We created these religions so that we could try to follow or emulate great spiritual masters like Jesus and Buddha. The truth and power is in the message. The truth resides inside; our eternally fruitless quest to find answers outside of ourselves will still lead to the truth. However which road we take is our decision. Will you go the direct route, internally, or will you go the long way? We all end up with God no matter the path. The amount of suffering we endure in the process is our chioce and no one else's.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

If God answered 'yes' to every request, we would all be as uselessly spoiled and maladjusted

This is a preposterous claim, yet another excuse
you cannot know what it would be like to live in certain conditions unless you actually did so, you are trying to rationalize (rational lies) the indolence (or non existence of jesusyahweh) get a grip man

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11

This is a remix of an old question man has been asking for ages. The original question is "Why does God allow suffering?"

No the question is why doesn't god heal amputees, an amputee may not necessarily be suffering.

either jesus

is a liar

is imaginary

or I'm a demon

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by redoubt

If God answered 'yes' to every request, we would all be as uselessly spoiled and maladjusted

This is a preposterous claim, yet another excuse
you cannot know what it would be like to live in certain conditions unless you actually did so, you are trying to rationalize (rational lies) the indolence (or non existence of jesusyahweh) get a grip man

I will just say that you do not know me and the likelihood of that ever changing is next to zero. Bearing that in mind... you really have no idea what my particular understanding of the subject might be.

At the very most, you only know that I disagree with you. A wise man would be careful before making assumptions on a total stranger.

Edit: Typos

[edit on 25-11-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I don't know about restoring legs, but I had something happen that something a higher power moved me out of the way , out of harms way.
I was very young and my mental make up would not of been able to withstand what was about to happen.
But something I don't know what, but it took control of my body and move me where I did not want ot go, if it had not I would of had my face ripped off.
This had happen to other people doing the same job I was doing, to this day I do not know what saved me, God, a ghost of someone who's face was ripped off, or my subconisicious mind went to manual override.

But I do believe the Creators secrets are writen all around and the day is coming that the amputee is made whole.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
yeah ... since a soldier that went to iraq is a good person ... the guy killed a lot of inocent people without even knowing why ... besides a killer, the guy is a sheep ... I dont know which is worse

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Wow... thats amazing, I can't believe how blind I have been.

all these years of my life... what a fool I have been... that 8min video

changed everything I believe in... it's like nothing I have ever seen before...

out of this world.

I can't believe it hasn't made Oprah yet...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by av8r007
That video is crackpot theory. Nice try. As you say "Next!"

theory ? care to elaborate ? have you done the experiment and prayed to a jugg of milk ?

If not why not ?

How can you make any claims without testing ?

Was it not the same mentality that burned people for believing the crackpot theory that the earth is round ?

There are loads of kids (potential xtians) out there now having their intelligence insulted by your flippant response, many of whom will have the balls to compare praying to a jug of milk and to praying to jesusyajwh.

Yet another nail in the coffin of xtianity

next

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
reply to post by reasonable

my question to you is this: what does it matter?

if people have faith in a certain being, then let them have faith. it does not harm you.

Tell that to te massacred citizens of Speyer, Maintz, Worms and Cologne in 1096 or the victims of 911 or the dying children of fundamentalists who are denied medical by true believer parentscare because "god will heal them."

OOops, I left out Buhddists ( How about the Peruvian indians in 2999); Hindi (Muslims Ahmrnabad, Vadodara and Sabarkantha in 2002); Roman Catholics (the whole Crusade thing.)
That "certain being" as you call itis a murderous son of a (insert here) who is responsible for more amputations than all other causes combined.
Myself, I prefer the great Spaghetti Monster.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by 4nsicphd]

[edit on 25-11-2009 by 4nsicphd]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by av8r007

Why doesn't Satan get a wild hair and perform a few miracles- make God look bad? *listens to crickets*

Because Satan truly has no dominion over anything other than what God grants him. Satan is there to test our will and yes he exists as well. Satan is a pawn! Demons are one of the most terrifying things on this Earth and if you ever encounter one you'll be praying God casts it from you. Again many documented cases.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by av8r007]

Satan isn't a being. Satan is an action that men do.

It would be like saying A$$Hole is a person or Jerk is coming to get you. It can apply to anyone that is your adversary.

The one your talking about was made up to scare you as a child. It doesn't exist...literally.

You are to love your Satan's and do good to them who wish to be your Satan.

Happy Valentines Day

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

How has he experimented with this? He's just making claims and you're drinking the koolaid... err sorry, milk. Get over your selfish human desires that there isn't a God that will hold you accountable in the next life.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Again I say encounter a demon and tell me that. It is the war for souls.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing

Wow... thats amazing, I can't believe how blind I have been.

all these years of my life... what a fool I have been... that 8min video

changed everything I believe in... it's like nothing I have ever seen before...

out of this world.

I can't believe it hasn't made Oprah yet...

Sorry to hear that dude but hey, we all make mistakes and fall for snake oil salesmen sometimes the xtian delusion is rife and insipid.

Now you can see (as you obviously tried it) that praying to a jug of milk has exactly the same effect as praying to jesus, and visa versa . How will you now enjoy your new found freedom of thought?

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join