It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
When Jesus came upon a man born blind, his disciples asked who had sinned, the man or his parents that he was born blind. Jesus answered, "Neither. This happened that the work of God might be displayed in his life!" And so it is true today, that people with fatalistic disabilities one after another show that they can live happy and productive lives despite their impairments. Look Fanny Crosby who composed so many beautiful songs. When asked if she was angry with God because of being blinded at birth, she said no, because otherwise she would not have known God's love so deeply or be able to compose her music. Also, Joni Eriksson Tada was paralyzed from the neck down in a diving accident. Because of her faith, she overcame her paralysis to write books, compose & perform music, have a radio show, and also raise money for others.

God allows sickness and disability to continue to show that there is more to life. Apostle Paul says in Corinthians, "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." From God's perspective this suffering that we all endure in this world is very short and brief and is nothing compared to what awaits those who have faith. There God promises, "Then will the lame leap like a deer, and the mute tongue shout for joy." It is a matter of perspective and choice. Many will give in to despair, anger and bitterness, but no matter what situation you are in it is still possible to be thankful and to live as a blessing to others when you believe God's promises.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable

Why hasn't a mass prayer been organized for an amputee? I think you know why.. because those involved know it would not work and further damage the image of faith healing.

I guess the religious person could make a defense by saying it did not work because they did not believe it would, well yeah,... if they really believed that it could work and it didn't happen (the miracle) well; they could say that they were putting god to the test and he don't like that, he turned away from their faith.

The faithful still believe for a reason. Many trap doors to escape reason.

Or they believe in hell too and don't want to go there, which shows me that some religious people are (IMO) selfish, they are not out to help others, they just want their ass to be cool in heaven.
Would a religious person accept an eternity in hell if two people could be saved from an eternal burn?!
Huh, Huh!?!?
The ultimate christian that would be.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by av8r007
reply to post by moocowman

How has he experimented with this? He's just making claims and you're drinking the koolaid... err sorry, milk. Get over your selfish human desires that there isn't a God that will hold you accountable in the next life.

Do you have any proof that there is a god to hold me accountable let alone an after life ?

He's not making claims you know it's quite an easy experiment to conduct all you need is a jug of milk or any thing else for that matter.

Why not try it ? My children did .

Give it a go dude, you will be astounded but at least have the courtesy of trying it before knocking it .

I promise you faithfully the jug of milk will answer your prayers there are millions of people that can testify to this.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I don't know... what do you rekon??

I think I should sin and enjoy it because now I don't need to feel guilty...

afterwards i think I'm going to try convince all Christians that they are blind (thats what we are supposed to do right?!?!)...

that way we can have a world full of so called "sin" without guilt.... sounds

awesome!!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The idea of experimenting to prove your theory negates the idea of faith.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ilovetoledo

"Neither. This happened that the work of God might be displayed in his life!" And so it is true today, that people with fatalistic disabilities one after another show that they can live happy and productive lives despite their impairments.

There you go we should bear that in mind the next time we see some poor sodding baby screaming in pain with MS or whatever.

Yes little baby your miserable existence is serving a greater purpose it's letting us know how great jesus is.

Dude I tell you what that kind of thinking surely makes it quite clear why xtianity is repugnant.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
here are some "facts"
Meditation / mantra (prayers) lower crimerate:

istpp.org...

Case closed

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

...I'll pray for you......

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The video presupposes that our faith is based exclusively on the results of prayer. Faith is based on much more. It is based on God's word and its witness to our hearts. Faith is based on the witness of the Holy Spirit within us. It is based on time and again experiencing the truth of God's word in everyday life and the results of prayers answered and not answered that show that God is indeed wise. Prayer merely confirms that witness and relationship. It is true Communion with God and fellowship with him. If a relationship, whether it be with God or a jug of milk, is based purely on the response to requests for things, then that is not a relationship at all.

link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

Get a grip man open your mind and grow up a little you may find that life is in fact really wonderful.

link   

I have seen God answer my prayers. From simple ones that were literally done in minutes to one's I've had to "wait" for. This is going to sound crazy and really it is odd and shows that even I am a selfish HUMAN. When I was about 15 I had a T.V. in my bedroom that broke. It didn't work for weeks. Hell probably 3 months I'd say nothing but a green screen. One day I was taking a shower and thinking to myself about whatever comes to mind and simply asked God to fix my T.V. so I could have something to fall asleep to. I hop out of the show and low and behold after 3 months of green the T.V. finally worked. In fact I was astonished. I was amazed that God would answer such a trivial prayer and I actually felt guilty for wasting a prayer on something like that. So yes God answers them as he chooses. Believe me I know it's crazy sounding. Why would he fix my TV? I don't think it spontaneously fixed itself after 3 months. It didn't work before I hopped in the shower. I hop out after my extremely lame prayer and he answered it! It is the truth.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
"There you go we should bear that in mind the next time we see some poor sodding baby screaming in pain with MS or whatever."

As a matter of fact my wife has MS. Why is it bad to be a loving friend to others and share with them your faith that there is something better beyond this world for them?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Matthew 6:44 "But seek you first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you."

John 8:41-45 "You do the works of your father. They (Phariseess) said therefore to him: We are not born of fornication: we have one Father, even God. Jesus therefore said to them: If God were your Father, you would indeed love me. For from God I proceeded, and came; for I came not of myself, but he sent me: Why do you not know my speech? Because you cannot hear my word. You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and he stood not in the truth; because truth is not in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father thereof. But if I say the truth, you believe me not."

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Once I was driving down the highway and a young man passed me on a motorcyle going over 100 mph. Traffic was heavy and it was dusk. He was weaving in and out of traffic. I prayed, "Lord, please keep that young man from killing himself on his motorcyle." Within a minute, I saw him and his motorcycle was conking out on him and he had to pull it to the side of the road because it was not working. Was this an answer to prayer? You be the judge.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
So whats the real issue here? People are refusing to believe because a being, whose title may I remind you is our LORD, does not do tricks at your request? Ok you got me! You are 100% correct! God is NOT a Vegas magician.

Tell you what, SOME people believe and SOME people don't. LIVE WITH IT! Same goes for the JFK assassination, the moon landing, the UFOs, Bigfoot, Loch Ness monster, telepathy, etc,etc,etc. And regardless of what a person believes it is their right. If I believe I am not going to waste my life trying to convince you that I am correct if you are settled on your disbelief. I advise you to do the same about your views. Respects.

P.S.- Heres a thought: What does a believer stand to lose? A life of believing and devotion and they die and nothing is there in the afterlife vs a life of denouncing Gods existence (the one unforgivable sin) only to learn He was there all along....Who stands to lose more?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I am a person that thrives on rational debate but when it comes to the subject of god I almost feel like it is not worth the trouble.

It seems like every time I converse on the subject with a believer I get some scary flashback to my childhood... playing a game with my big sister, just when I think I won she would make up another rule until either I gave up or she won... I just don't think it's possible.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This is a good point. God magically fixes all kinds of things but never amputees, lol.
Probably because that would be one magic trick that even Chris Angel couldn't pull off.
Not that I wouldn't love to see hateful old Pat Robertson look at the camera and hiss the words "you've been mind freaked!"

Hey maybe instead of a televangelist slapping some kid on the forehead and proclaiming "you can walk" he could whack him a good one and say "you can fly!"

If the kid shoots off into the sky I swear I'll take back everything I've ever said about religion being a joke and convert on the spot, lol!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taskism
Because he designed reality to follow certain rules. A spontaneously generated leg would defeat those rules.

But magically curing terminal cancer from time to time isn't against the rule?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Another poster gave you an example of an amputee being healed:

en.wikipedia.org...

I know my answered prayer that really sticks out other than the normal stuff you have to wait for is insane. A freakin' TV? But it is the truth.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Hungry for attention or looking for stars and flags? Not sure what your agenda here is but it appears to me that you are looking for both. You obviously have some kind of beef towards Christ and take it out in threads like this. Not sure why you would even spend any time on this if it bothers you so much.

Christ isn't about praying for things to appear. He isn't a jeanie in a bottle that just comes out when ever you rub the lamp. If that is your understanding on Christ, you may need to do a bit more research before you start another thread on Him.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join