It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galactic Government

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Yes!

Government becomes obsolete at the galactic stage when anybody who disagrees with the government can just leave and make their own. You'd literally have no government left anymore.

Well....unless our resident "ET" has a better explanation for the communication problem --- across the VAST distances???

Has anyone mentioned that, yet?

Today, we are so accustomed to instant communications, we take it for granted. BUT, we aren't severly limited by the speed of light, in EM transmissions.

However...we could use an analogy from a few centuries ago, and nascent Human empires around the globe. THEY had less rapid communication abilities, and this meant that control of far-flung colonies was more difficult. As we've seen in Human history, and insurrections of 'former' colonies.

Multiply the scenario, on a Galactic scale? Much, much larger distances....I see a system of far more individuality and autonomy.

Not to mention, even trying to assign Human attributes and attitudes to what could number in the thousands, of different civilizations, different cultures, different species???

Star Trek was fiction...intended as entertainment, and as a way of telling stories that mirror the Human condition, in ways that were couched in simile and analogy by using "aliens" and their cultures...still, it almost always displayed a Human perspective on things, since it catered to that audience.

Reality has to be far, far different.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Tachyon relays pretty much. Or quantum entanglement. Whatever floats your boat. But that still does not change the fact that people would just leave if they disliked their government. You would literally have massive depopulation of empires until whatever was left would either have to become a dictatorship to stop people from leaving or collapse into a fascist state that is united by one vision. And as I stated so long ago, a bunch of people with the same ideology and ideas never advance. You need only look at the colonization era for that. Islanders with the same minds never advanced. And powerful nations with many different factions within spread out and collapsed into many different nations.

I really don't see the need for government at the galactic scale. It would simply be unsustainable and unneeded. I can't see any Earth based government holding onto more than maybe a dozen colonies.

I do love using video games as art pieces and looks into future, so pretty much here's our future:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Only in theory? Or, do you know of working prototypes/production examples??

Tachyon relays pretty much. Or quantum entanglement.

I'm open to new technology, IF it can be invented...of course, a hundred years a go ( or so ) people didn't believe in the telephone, when first introduced (seemed too fantastic, to the sensiblities of the era).

Me, I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for "sub-space"....guess we can lump tachyon/quantum tech in there...even (can't remember the author who coined the term) "ansible" technology. (I think it might have been Heinlein? Should check what Asimov came up with, for his classic "Foundation" epic series of novels....)

**Still thinking this entire premise is based on fiction, with a bit of possible mental delusion thrown in. By some who think it represents reality, and is ongoing and active in our neck of the Galactic 'woods'....**

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Well....unless our resident "ET" has a better explanation for the communication problem --- across the VAST distances???

Has anyone mentioned that, yet?

No, it hasn't been mentioned. Yet, just as you take your radio communications systems for granted, because of they're ubiquity, perhaps, I and my kind take for granted our telepathic abilities.

Telepathy resolves all the issues with long distance communication, further, except for the transmission of data between machines, there is no need of a mechanical means of communications. Between machines, quantum entanglement works nearly as well at any distance.

Multiply the scenario, on a Galactic scale? Much, much larger distances....I see a system of far more individuality and autonomy.

Not to mention, even trying to assign Human attributes and attitudes to what could number in the thousands, of different civilizations, different cultures, different species???

As I understand the current systems of government, the more free and democratic systems anyway, there is greater individuality and autonomy. But, these kinds of government are not the only forms out there. There are forms of totalitatian governments, Empires that rule with "iron hands" and allow no room for individual freedoms, nor autonomy.

The assigning of "Human" attributes to others seems to be a Human thing. But then again as Hermes said; "As above so below, as below so above".

Etharzi od Oma

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

I mean if an organ in the body had a quantum entangled collection of neurotransmitters, then yes you very much so could have telepathy and that would be instantaneously. I imagine a world forming out of a super nova may to some extent have the rare possibility that species would evolve to utilize them, if by some miracle they did not become untangled in the environment. However such a presence would beg to question why you would evolve mouths, or even individuality at all. Privacy and the concealment of ideas in one's head was a major generator for the evolution of individuality and in total the human face in general. Without the ability to have privacy, there is no individuality nor need for emotions nor a human face. You'd basically be faceless bots with unique minds each.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Gorman91]

reply to post by weedwhacker

AnthraAndromda and I had a whole technological discussion on how to make pulsars into tachyon generators. basically shooting a photon with the right wave length through an ergosphere near a rotating mass could, in theory, encase the photon inside an ergosphere and create a tachyon. The more energy you put into it, the slower it would go due to destruction of the ergopshere. The less energy you put into it, the more the photon would go faster due to less and less energy in there. The ergosphere would basically be spacetime traped between the waves of a single or multiple photons. It would be a b*^ch to do but once made you have photons riding on an ergosphere bullet.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Not at all. You Humans are born with telepathic abilities, and learn to turn it off very quickly. The thoughts of all the others becomes like noise to a young mind, and are shut out. It is the same with many other species.

If that same young mind is encouraged to learn to control the ability, it can become a viable form of communication.

For instance; I enjoy a good degree of telepathic communication with my Wolf. This has demonstrated itself by her "knowing" I was putting my shoes on, when she is in another room sleeping soundly. She doesn't always respond, but, she doesn't always want to go out ... course if I pick up the car keys ... thats different ... she will always respond.

My people rely on telepathy for communications, expecially over long distances. As small children we are taught to control it, and to block others from reading our minds. I have a rather unique "look" at this since my early experience is the same as you Humans. I was taught that telepathy isn't real, and as a result, my telepathic abilities are a bit retarded. I'm still learning, finding ways to make it reliable, and to block others. It is slow, frustrating, but beginning to work.

I am not familiar with the physics of telepathy, so I can't comment as to whether there is any form of entanglement involved.

Etharzi od Oma.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

It would be real swell if you could pass on to the galactic government that they can "Kiss my ass!" I would tell them myself but I have a rule never to talk to aliens as they are beneath me...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
What ever happened to the disclosure date agreed upon here?

In early February 2008 my Mother D'Arna-Shat began a series of some 5 or 6 meetings with people from the United Nations. The initial meeting was held at the U.N. location in New York City, this was followed by 3 - 4 additional meetings held in New York State. An additional meeting was held (sometime in March) in one of the more northern countries of Europe.

These meetings were to discuss ET disclosure and the giving of certain low-level technologies to the people of Earth. Most of these meetings broke down due to the inability of the Humans to agree on anything between themselves. At the final meeting some agreement was made, and a disclosure date of June 2010 was arrived at.

I've checked out the site in detail, and have some reservations on what is being discussed, but it is an interesting read.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

For as long as I can remember, when there is no noise and only silence in the middle of 3 AM I can here thousands of voices speaking all at once on random things. Occasionally when I want I listen to a few if I can. Most if not all the inventions and technologies and everything I speak of originates from that half-dream state. But I don't view this as telepathy. I view it as my ability to project dreams while awake. If you want to tell me I'm listening to the voices of the universe ok then. But I never shun out anything. I hear much. But for all that I can see, they are the echoes of dreams past and dreams current being generated in my brain.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I think you're getting in deep here...what is the "speed" of telepathy, hmmmm???

I and my kind take for granted our telepathic abilities.

Telepathy resolves all the issues with long distance communication...

OK..firstly, you wish everyone to believe that, via your telepathy, that distance is no obstacle, anywhere in the Galaxy? (And, I assume, all the way to the Andromeda galaxy??? I mean, YOU claim to be part of a species that originated in the M31 galaxy, right?)

Secondly....I have trouble reconciling many earlier claims and statements. The story just doesn't hold together --- big problem when you're making it up, isn't it?

According to this "telepathy" claim, you should have the ability to have constant, instant communication with everyone, including your "mother in Earth orbit", correct??

Maybe you can get someone of your "species" to help you with the story...it has holes big enough to fly a starship through.

Do you remember (of course, you're telepathic!)...an old Classic Star Trek episode, "Assignment: Earth"?

The (at the time) unknown actress Teri Garr's [**] first big TV break I believe. Anyway, one cute scene was with her, and the typewriter (owned by the agent from the future...no, not from the future...it has been a while since I saw the episode...) that would type out from vocalizations. Teri first appears @15:30 in the show, and the typewriter scene starts at ~17:15....

[**] Interesting trivia...Garr's character name, "Roberta Lincoln"? Roddenberry's wife Majel ("Nurse Chapel", and computer voice on the show) started a company to sell ST memorabilia in the early 1970s...called "Lincoln Enterprises"

1960s-era TV, and they were thinking ahead!!!

One would tend to think that a species from another GALAXY would have at least something like that...maybe even could READ your thoughts?

Make less typos that way.....

[edit on 22 August 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I think you're getting in deep here...what is the "speed" of telepathy, hmmmm???

AS I understand, it is instant, anywhere. Though, I have no direct experience wit telepathy at distances over 2 million LY. I do believe I have talked to people in my galaxy. However, there are issues "knowing" that the communication is accurate. These issues, I'm told, will resolve with practice, and since I'm considered young, there hasn't been much practice.

Secondly....I have trouble reconciling many earlier claims and statements. The story just doesn't hold together --- big problem when you're making it up, isn't it?

Another issue is properly understanding what has been told. The process of externalizing telepathic communications has many pitfalls, not the least of which is a good understanding of ideas and concepts being used. There are also issues of context, and personal experience "coloring" the message. Again, I'm told that practice will resolve these, but, again, I have little practice

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TLomon
What ever happened to the disclosure date agreed upon here?

I've checked out the site in detail, and have some reservations on what is being discussed, but it is an interesting read.

Good question, I wish I had an answer, unfortunately, I can't get a good explaination for the failure.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I and my kind take for granted our telepathic abilities.

Telepathy resolves all the issues with long distance communication...

OK..firstly, you wish everyone to believe that, via your telepathy, that distance is no obstacle, anywhere in the Galaxy? (And, I assume, all the way to the Andromeda galaxy??? I mean, YOU claim to be part of a species that originated in the M31 galaxy, right?)

According to this "telepathy" claim, you should have the ability to have constant, instant communication with everyone, including your "mother in Earth orbit", correct??

Maybe you can get someone of your "species" to help you with the story...it has holes big enough to fly a starship through.

Do you remember (of course, you're telepathic!)...an old Classic Star Trek episode, "Assignment: Earth"?

The (at the time) unknown actress Teri Garr's [**] first big TV break I believe. Anyway, one cute scene was with her, and the typewriter (owned by the agent from the future...no, not from the future...it has been a while since I saw the episode...) that would type out from vocalizations. Teri first appears @15:30 in the show, and the typewriter scene starts at ~17:15....

[**] Interesting trivia...Garr's character name, "Roberta Lincoln"? Roddenberry's wife Majel ("Nurse Chapel", and computer voice on the show) started a company to sell ST memorabilia in the early 1970s...called "Lincoln Enterprises"

1960s-era TV, and they were thinking ahead!!!

One would tend to think that a species from another GALAXY would have at least something like that...maybe even could READ your thoughts?

Make less typos that way.....

[edit on 22 August 2010 by weedwhacker]

I dont mean to poke around, but you arent very clear on where the holes are in his story. In fact, in this particular post, you start going off about some typewriter from star trek and lincoln industries that has no relevence with the conversation happening in this thread.

as far as i read (from page one, and other threads of his) his story is not full of holes "big enough to fly a starship through".

Please be clear on what and where the holes are and focus less on insulting and creating useless metaphors.

The only hole i have seen so far is where in a short autobiography of anthra's (i dont remember where i saw the link) written in the early 90's, he stated that when he was little he saw a silver disc shaped ship, where when i asked about it he doesnt recall saying that. now it could be just forgetfulness.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

then i got a big old crazy assed imagination

can you tell us more on the civilizations out there? how many are close to contacting earth?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This is really interesting reading...

I have an open mind and I believe anything is possible but I prefer my own experiences as truth.

I've had in my life been aided by angels so this is a truth of mine. Some people believe in angels and some do not but that makes no difference to me. I respect everyone's individual beliefs so who would I be to try to discredit anyone with what they believe to be truth. So you won't find any unkind words from me, only curious questions.

My questions are:

Are aliens "displaced" here on earth for specific reasons?

Is it possible we are ALL aliens here on earth, distance civilizations each placing their need to keep their "legacy" evolving?

Do aliens interbreed with humans creating half human, half alien species?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I am new to this site, and to be honest, a bit lost in text. Information here is a bit confusing for me, I am not very knowledgable in alien/ufo stuff nor am I in astronomy. So, you can imagine all the talk about Greys, Reptilians, and the sort are a little above my head. Although, I do love the stars in the sky! Anyway, I have always been a bit skeptical in alien life, but have found myself coming around to the idea in recent years. I had a few quesitons for Anthra, I hope they come to no offence as it is just out of curiousity.

~ Why did your mother place you here when you were born?
~ How long has your mother been in contact with you (Since what age)?
~ Do the people who raised you know the truth?
~ Are you the only "Alien" on Earth, or are their others?
~ I am curious as to the type of spirtual blief your kind has, meaning do you believe in an afterlife?
~ Continuing in the spiritual sense, your site states reports of the vatican attending "meetings", what is the connection to the vatican? Is the Catholic church hiding information as well as the government?
~ If you are considered young, to what age does your kind live?
~ Do you have a special language you speak to your kind? Is it easy for your kind to learn the different languages of Earth?
~ Has your mothers ships been docked above Earth for the whole 60+ years you have been here? If so, that seems like a lot of years... How do they keep enough food, water, and other neccessities?
~ What is your home planet like? Does it resemble Earth in anyway?
~ Does Obama have any interest in telling us the truth?
~ You mentioned there is a "culture" out there that is bad, that wants to enslave humanity. If alien life is revealed to human kind, should we fear the reveal? Will humans have aid from others if they are overtaken by them?

Thank you for your answers, I may have more at a later time.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by shiman

It is difficult to be "clear" when encountering this person, and their "claims":

Please be clear on what and where the holes are and focus less on insulting and creating useless metaphors.

There is quite a history, in multiple ATS threads, with claims like "I Am An Alien" as their basis. A long history of such "claims"...

Lately, a newer tactic is being employed...a so-called "proof" of certain DNA markers...invite those interested to do an ATS search, to find the threads, ad read the debates, AND the contributions from people who actually do know something about DNA, in some detail.

Reading through months and months of "claims", one can begin to see the "story" has inconsistencies in it.

Think of it next time you read a novel, (a not very good one, BTW...) and you begin to question some contradictions that seem to crop up, as the story unfolds. You'll get the gist.

Or..think of motion pictures (films) and continuity problems --- mistakes --- that you can pick up, when watching....

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

reply to post by shiman

It is difficult to be "clear" when encountering this person, and their "claims":

So why, I wonder that is ... perhaps there aren't as many holes as you seem to think. I mean you were asked to point out these holes, and now it seems you can't.

Lately, a newer tactic is being employed...a so-called "proof" of certain DNA markers...invite those interested to do an ATS search, to find the threads, ad read the debates, AND the contributions from people who actually do know something about DNA, in some detail.

By the way ... I have never called it proof. It is only evidence.

Yes a long history ... and quite a bit of debate, but, not from anyone who knows squat about DNA or data anaylsis. There have been some who have said that all it proves is that my DNA is Human, and I have admitted that it does seem to be very Human like. But, when I point our the anomalies most just gloss over it or try to prove they don't exist, usually by reducing the dataset to the point that it "fits" their personal views. Neither is a valid scientific argument.

And there are others who admit that the data as shown is anomalous, but reject the validity of my data. But, then, I hav offered to anyone the opportunity to do independant verification on my DNA data ... seems no one wants to do that.

So, at the end of all this, its a couple fo points for me and zero for the disbelievers.

Ya know, I've been trying to find evidence, either way, for a rather long time, and, every time I try something new (a new test, a new testing method/technology) the results only tend to confirm me as an ET.

So, I going to say; that if you don't want to do your due diligence on this question then perhaps you shouldn't join the debate.

Etharzi od Oma

[edit on 23-8-2010 by AnthraAndromda]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueEyedGirl

~ Why did your mother place you here when you were born?

That is, unfortunately one question I can't get an answer to. All I get from Mother is; "Some day you will understand." Its very frustrating.

~ How long has your mother been in contact with you (Since what age)?

Sporatic contact since my early 20's (early 70's), constant since the mid 90's.

~ Do the people who raised you know the truth?

I never did ask, was partly afraid to. And now they are gone. Earth mother passed in 88, and Earth father in 2001. And, of course, now that its too late, I wish I had.

~ Are you the only "Alien" on Earth, or are their others?

As I understand it; I am the only one of my species here, there are, however, many others of different species.

~ I am curious as to the type of spirtual blief your kind has, meaning do you believe in an afterlife?

That is not something that I have talked about with Mother, I get the feeling that there is a rather strong spiritual side to my people, but, I'm not aware of much of it.

On the other hand, I personally have a rather strong spiritual side.Although it is more based in Western Ceremonial Magick and Eastern Mysticism.

~ Continuing in the spiritual sense, your site states reports of the vatican attending "meetings", what is the connection to the vatican? Is the Catholic church hiding information as well as the government?

While I'm not sure, I would bet Mother's starship that they are hiding something.

~ If you are considered young, to what age does your kind live?

As I understand my people live a rather long time, by Earth standards something on the order of 9000 years. So at 63, I am very young.

~ Do you have a special language you speak to your kind? Is it easy for your kind to learn the different languages of Earth?

Yes, we have a spoken language. Though I'm not very good at it. English is much easier for me. As for learning other Terrestrial languages, I have studied a bit of Spanish and Mandrin in the past, thoughI couldn't say that I have ever really spoken much of those languages.

~ Has your mothers ships been docked above Earth for the whole 60+ years you have been here? If so, that seems like a lot of years... How do they keep enough food, water, and other neccessities?

No. Mother left and returned to our home world shortly after leaving me here. She returned around 1994 and has been in orbit since then.

As for food and other supplies, they synthesize much of it. Although, in mother's group of ships there is what I think of as a "factory ship" which has the capability to grow some. And there are also regular "supply" runs fro our home world.

~ What is your home planet like? Does it resemble Earth in anyway?

While it is not unlike Earth there are some differences. The gravity is a bit different, and so is the air, though both are within a few percent of Earth. I'm told that our home world is like a forest, many trees, and quite a lot of wild life, though I'm not sure what is like.

~ Does Obama have any interest in telling us the truth?

I think he did at first, not so sure now. It could be that the "Shadow Government" told him how everything is going to play out, and he has little choice in the matter.

~ You mentioned there is a "culture" out there that is bad, that wants to enslave humanity. If alien life is revealed to human kind, should we fear the reveal? Will humans have aid from others if they are overtaken by them?

Yes there are basically two kinds out there, the ole "good and evil" thing. Im not sure if the "evil" ones actually want to enslave Earth, but they do seem to want to exploit it. The "good guys" on the other hand could help, but won't until there has been disclosure.

There is a thirs group as well, they don't seem to care about exploitation or helping, they want to do business, trade, commerce. They are a small faction, and seem to be waiting to see which of the other two sides "win".

Hope this helps some. Please feel free to ask anything.

Etharzi od Oma

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I really have to ponder why a government still exists at the galactic scale for reasons as mentioned before which you neglected. Not to mention that the first civilization into space would be one that has no value of money and effectively is either a hive mind, single mind, or ultra individualistic. All of which would grow to become god-like in power and suppress any other kind of people who advanced. You're either isolationist and out of the picture, or imperialist and forcing your way. Of which, the first would be a technocracy. Ergo machines rule the universe

Perhaps the lack of time travelers prove this. There are no biological creatures through time, only probes and machines with entanglement connections to their supercomputer masters elsewhere.

I think in terms of galactic governments, Stargate is dead on:

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Gorman91]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join