It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

A simple taze seems like a light punishment? Maybe next time you J-walk the cops should taze you...however you possibly compared that to getting a registration ticket is beyond my comprehension, but you should probably reconsider what your definition of "light punishment"

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstar1102
I honestly cannot believe there are some people on here justifying using a taser against a 10 yr old. Oh he got kicked in the groin? Yeah, that hurts, but where was this officer's mindset of "to protect and serve"?? If she was THAT unruly, call for backup. Now if two, grown adult police officers cannot subdue a 10 yr old, well then they might as well give up their badges and firearms.

You people really have something wrong with you saying it's okay to shock some 10 yr old girl with 20k volts of electricity....half the reason society is going down the drain is because there are people who actually agree with this reasoning out there....it's even sadder to see some of them on ats...

I would love to hear how you would subdue an out of control 10 year old child. What would you have to say if he did physically restrain her? CHILD ABUSE! There is only so much you can do to a child to restrain them when they are that out of control. Slapping on the wrist and sending them to watch television sure helps. No one can even spank their children without people thinking it is some form of child abuse. Taser is a harsh punishment, but i guarantee you she will never kick an officer again. I think there could have been other means, like taking her to the juvenile center. Her parents should teach her about the groin area, you just don't do that unless its a last resort thing. South Park should jump all over this.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by milkmustache]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by MegaCurious

Noggle said simply restraining the child could be harmful.

"Well, if he tried to restrain her, he might hurt her by restraining her. If you grab somebody, you can slip an arm out of joint. They can slip from you and fall on the ground," Noggle said.

I'm sure if a 10 year old gets injured while being restrained, it could cause some sort of legal issue, so that is understandable. Also, even if she was 10, being kicked in the groin can do some damage. If she cop tazed her just because he felt like it or didn't feel like dealing with her then that would be an issue, but I see no problem here.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstar1102

Rock On!It truely is sad to know that sheeple on ATS and in our country think that the use of a tazer on a ten year old is proper.A member asked you how you would subdue a ten year old.The question is how would the officer subdue the child without the use of a tazer.Is this officer so improperly trained he can not even prevent a ten year old child from kicking him in the groin?The tazer has become the first line defense for theese so called officers of the law.This is what serves and protects us?Sad.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
they should have tazed the mother!!!!! all i know that if and when i have children and they are kicking and screaming....I and only i will be the one disciplining the child. and believe me that my kid is going to wish it was being tazed and taken away... hitting from the waist down is just fine... now dont get me wrong i'm not talking about knocking the child senseless, i just mean knocking some sense IN! my parent only hit me about three time during my childhood... and i remember those three times... vividly... i also remember the lessons!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Originally posted by Kailassa
Does anyone want to hear what the mother has to say?

SNIP

I had a feeling something like this was going to come out, hence my comments at the beginning of this thread regarding this...
HOWEVER, it does not excuse the police actions (Tasering).
Everyone in the industries (mental health, police, juvenile detention, etc.) should be trained in some form of PCS (positive control system) techniques. They are often used in juvenile lockdown facilities and mental health facilities. I've used them, in tandem, with other staff members, in the past with teens.
A grown man, a cop, should have been able to use them effectively, on a 10 year old had he wanted to. This is AFTER utilizing all options with regards to de-escalation techniques.
The cop screwed up and I'm shocked that the mother would allow this given all of the other options available...

I agree with you 100%.

I copy/pasted the mother's words to show the background, as it's always interesting to see what leads up to something like this. They show how it could happen, but they don't excuse it.

One of my sons is over a foot taller than me, is as strong as an ox, and has the mentality of a 3 year old and difficulty in controlling his temper. But I can still do a quick trip, push, and sit on his back until he calms down when it's necessary. I've even done that to a friend's teenage son who was wielding a large cooking knife.

However mostly with my son I just walk up, ignoring any attempt to fight me and put my arms around him and tell him to be good because I love him. Troubled kids can't learn to behave without love. They need an incentive to learn self control, and the only incentive that will work long-term is learning to care about other people.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WizardVanWizard

Your last line in your post holds much truth.This new type of police officer that has entered into service truely are pitiful!If confronted by nation wide violence in the streets I am afraid their population would be zero within days.Sad really sad to think this is what we have to protect us.Wake up patriots protect yourselves.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I am the mother of the 10 year old that was tazed.

I DO NOT hold the Ozark Police Department responsible for the actions that the officer had to take that night. And yes I do work as a dispatcher/jailer and have seen people get tazed many times.

Surprise, surprise, the mother is a Jailer who's been trained to abuse detainees, so she sees her child as an out of control detainee.

Anybody who's ever watched that jail or prison television series knows how jailers abuse detainees to the point that prisoners eventually lose what humanity they have left and then throw their own feces at the jailers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If somebody is throwing there own piss and crap at you, you probably deserve it.

The woman has been indoctrinated by the state thus she drugs and then has her child tazed because that's the way she's been trained to treat human beings.

Of course she doesn't hold the police department responsible, she works with them or their counterparts on a daily basis and doesn't want to jeopardize her employment.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Using a taser on a 10 year old is a bit over the top IMHO...

I was under the impression that tasers are only to be used as an alternative to lethal force???

So whats being said here is that if tasers weren't around this cop would have been justified in using lethal force on this child??

Someone please clear that up for me.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
"They (the Pawnee) were a well-disciplined people, maintaining public order under many trying circumstances. And yet they had none of the power mechanisms that we consider essential to a well-ordered life. No orders were ever issued...Time after time I tried to find a case of orders given and there were none. Gradually I began to realize that democracy is a very personal thing which like charity, begins at home. Basically it means not being coerced and having no need to coerce anyone else. The Pawnee learned this way of living in the earliest beginning of his life. In the detailed events of every day as a child, he began his development as a disciplined and free man or as a women who felt her dignity and her independence to be inviolate"

"The Creeks are just honest, liberal and hospitable to strangers; considerate, loving and affectionate to their wives and relations; fond of their children; industrious, frugal, temperate and persevering; charitable and forbearing. I have been weeks and months among them and in their towns, and never observed the least sign of contention or wrangling: never saw an instance of and Indian beating his wife, or even reproving her in anger. In this case they stand as examples of reproof to the most civilized nations . . . for indeed their wives merit their esteem and the most gentle treatment, they being industrious, frugal, loving and affectionate . . .Their internal police and family economy. . .incontrovertibly place those people in an illustrious point of view: their liberality, intimacy and friendly intercourse with one another, without any restraint of ceremonious formality; as if they were even insensible of the use of necessity of associating the passions of affections of avarice, ambition or covetousness. . . How are we to account for their excellent policy in civil government; it cannot derive its influence from coercive laws, for they have no such artificial system."

paimei01.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

Sorry, I missed this post earlier. I don't want to take this thread off topic, since it's not related to wilderness therapy issues, but I will say that multiple staff were needed due to the wilderness environment and the circumstances. The staff was trained in nec. technique including de-escalation and PCS. If this girl had gotten even a few feet out of sight, it would have turned into a potential for a massive search and rescue (given the environment) and since she was intent on harming herself, that could not be permitted.

the cop's excuse is just as lame, because they actually are trained for that usually.

Fully agree with ya...

[edit on 18-11-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
the police in my area worship their badges more than god welcome to my nightmare.................

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I didn't read the entire thread from where I left off last night.

Just wanted to let the folks who think there was nothing wrong in this situation know that the Cop has been suspended and the Mayor is ordering an independant investigation of the situation.

Good to see some sort of sanity brought to this case.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
if she kicked me in the nutz, i'd tase the little biatch too!
It's her fathers fault, 1. For teaching her how to disable men, and 2. for NOT teaching her respect, and manners.

I have tazed him next...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If parents were allowed to discipline their children this likely would not have developed.
A sharp one across her screaming mouth could have worked wonders.

Of course, then the cops would come and tazer Mom.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
oh yea cause a 10 year old girl can be a really threat to the police.
come on now that is rediculous. hard to believe they actually used that as an excuse.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

maybe she has been reading ATS and thought he was gonna rape her and it was in self defence.

can smell a huge lawsuit - against the police and against the mother.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well I am thinking the best thing to do would be to arm my daughter with a taser and tell her everytime you see a cop do something wrong or against the laws we have to abide to just to walk up to him and give him a quick little taze. Fair is fair no one is above the law of the almighty TAZZER!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Last I heard Taser International was giving each Law Enforcement Oficer who used a Taser in the line of duty some kind of award.

Perhaps they'll give this cop an animated statue of a little girl getting tazed.

Or if they wanted to give him something really useful, they couldn't do better than a pair of balls.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
"You" people are heartless! Has noone considered the verbal abuse of this poor officer? She hurt his feelings and EVERYONE knows how dangerous 10 year old girls can be! (kind of like the baby snakes being more venomous than their mothers!)

Anyhow, I found the missing link(no, not that one, about the video!)

www.youtube.com...

A re-enactment to help visualize the disobedience.....

PS) Please have sympathy for those Arakansaucians. They just "develope" allittle differently down in those parts. Might be related to the chemical dumping into the water supply and "yes" that part is TRUE!
Thank you Great Lakes Chemical Corporation!

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join