It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Stuff like this doesnt surprise me anymore. Through the last few years it just been getting worse and worse, Just like that 2 and a half hour gang rape on that 15 year old girl. Humanity is going to hell.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
From the mouth of the mother in this situation: Once again I am the mother of the 10 year that was tazed. And I have a question for those you who think that it is my fault that my daughter is out of control. How can I be blamed for my daughter having a mood disorder/ADHD? I have a 14 year old that is just fine. People want to blame the parents before knowing the whole story. But if anyone knows how I caused this please let me know!!

This made me furiously angry.. ADHD is a bullsh** label made to keep the big pharm corporations and over paid shrinks in business and help them make their billions. Food companies help by keeping the kids unstable through the use of food additives that have been linked to many a mental issue! Its sickening to me when thats the parents excuse 'oh, well she has ADHD, its not my fault' sorry, yes it freaking well is. Its also the mothers fault for allowing her child to be put on the mind and body damaging chemicals shes most likely on for her 'disorder'..
I am a parent myself, and have a number of neices and nephews, so yes i do know where she is coming from to quite an extent, despite her saying no one could understand..

Also, a member commented someplace here that even spankings are starting to be seen as abuse.. which i have also noticed in complete horror.. there is a huge difference between discipline and abuse and the lack of discipline is ever so evident today.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Cmon, she was probably armed. After all she's 10! It was either that or get into a firefight with a 10 year old and we all know that kids are excellent marksmen nowadays, that cop wouldn't have stood a chance!

/sarcasm

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The cop did act inappropriately

when he first arrived on the scene and was told he could use a weapon on her 10 yr old daughter he should have called in child protective services or the childs other guardian.
then he should have started to tazer the mother all the while screaming"HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW"!?!?
It isn't the childs fault the parent is a moron.

I'm sure we have all had to outgrow stupid crap our parents taught us,I know I did.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I suppose if the mother told the cop that he could rape her daughter, that would be okay too. After all, he received permission first and it would have subdued her without force.

Gosh people, don't you believe in being safe rather than sorry? Have you no shame?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I had not realized the fact that the child was upset because she didn't want to go to bed.

Cop Tasers girl for resisting bedtime

I wonder if this means PARENTS can taser their children with impunity?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm of the opinion that the girl hates her mother, hence why the mother Kelly has had to call and have the kid shipped off to a juvenille facility before.

The mother probably told her daughter that she couldn't do something or the mother said something and the lil girl decided to throw a temper tamtrum and then the mother called the police on the lil girl.

Maybe the girl should be with the father, that way it might lessen the lil girl being tased again.

What mother in her right mind would allow someone, even a police officer, to taser her child? If she were in her right mind she probably wouldn't.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstar1102
reply to post by truthquest

A simple taze seems like a light punishment? Maybe next time you J-walk the cops should taze you...however you possibly compared that to getting a registration ticket is beyond my comprehension, but you should probably reconsider what your definition of "light punishment"

Yes, in point of fact I do know a simple taze is light punishment for getting kicked in the groin. I'll put up a $50 bet. Here is how it works. We get 10 males to participate in a survey. They survey is this: Would you rather A) get tazed by a tazer or B) get kicked in the groin by a 10-year-old girl. If more than 5 responders would rather take the kick in the groin, I'll send you $50. If More than 5 responders would rather take the taze as common sense would suggest then you have to send me $50. Deal?

No it won't be a deal because you'd lose and you know it. A taze is nothing compared to a "properly" landed kick to the groin. Therefore you know already that a taze is a light punishment for getting kicked in the groin and are just pretending to think otherwise.

And another thing, I never compared getting tazed to getting a registration ticket so that was just a misunderstanding on your part.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'm not sure I should judge as I wasn't there, but I'm going to weigh in with my opinion here.

This really looks like this child’s mother is failing and needs help and support. It seems at first glance that there are some real issues in that house and my instinct tells me that the 10 year old is in a bad place. I see her dad wants custody, something certainly seems amiss.

The other thing that I get as part of the first impression is the police department employee may be insufficiently trained to perform his duties. It could be just him and he may just be the wrong man for the job, but I suspect the issue with this person may be his training.

That's my opinion, but I wasn't there and the only thing I can say for sure is that when a 10 year old gets tazed there needs to be a thorough and very transparent investigation.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I did a little looking around just to add a bit of useful information to this thread. You see a 10 year old is quite small and I had a suspicion that the standard police taser may be rated for an adult sized person, so it may be more lethal when used against someone the size of a 10 year old.

To start with, I have found that the Linton Police Department uses the M-26 which delivers 50,000 Volts at 26 Watts, 162mA and 1.76 Joules.

Here, on Wikipedia, you can read that there have been law suits by Police offices who claim to have been injured when shocked during training classes. That comes right after a paragraph advising "tests on police and military volunteers have shown Tasers to function appropriately on a healthy, calm individual in a relaxed and controlled environment", although Amnesty International have concerns over use in the field as the conditions would differ from the test environment.
Also, it goes on to say that "the actual deployment of Tasers by police in the years since Tasers came into widespread use is claimed to have resulted in more than 180 deaths as of 2006".
So, evedence suggests that a taser can injure and kill an adult. No surprises there, but is there more risk when the person getting shocked is smaller than an adult? Well, according to the same site here, "Taser International asserts that the Taser is safe for use on anyone weighing 60 pounds (27 kg) or more."

That doesn't really answer my question though, I would like to know if the level of risk becomes greater as the subject getting tased becomes smaller. I would like to know that because according to www.mtas.tennessee.edu in 2003 "MTAS was asked to supply policies and procedures for police use of tasers" and that policy states that disparity must be considered when the appropriate level of force is decided. Basically, that means if somebody is smaller, weaker and less skilled (trained) than the officer, less force should be used on them. Disparity is not the only thing to be considered, but it is certainly part of it. So you see, at least in Tennessee, the use of a taser by a Police officer against a 10 year old seems to be against policy.

So if the risk to a small person is more great than to a normal adult sized person and the officer subjected them to that risk while acting outside of procedure... you can see how that could be something important to consider in this debate.

But I haven't found a factual answer to my question, there just isn't that much known about tazers. I looked, and the data just doesn't seem to exist.

________
Editing to say that there was already plenty of useful information on this thread, I meant to say I just wanted to add a little more.

[edit on 1/12/2009 by Recouper]

<< 7  8  9   >>

join