It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl

www.4029tv.com

"I would like to say Ozark police Tased this little girl right here. Ten years old and [they] shot electricity through her body, and I want to know how the heck in God's green earth can they get away with this," said the girl's father, Anthony Medlock.

"If you can't pick the kid up and take her to your car, handcuff her, then I don't think you need to be an officer," Medlock said.

Ozark police said it is their policy to use a Taser on someone who is a threat to others, no matter their age.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Man, it's a really sick country we live in. Anybody can get cattle proded into submission.

Cops must lack the muscular ability to handle kids and stuff. I mean, I wonder how he would handle crying babies and toddlers that put up a little resistance... I guess he would taser them into submission too.

How low does it go?

www.4029tv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Quote from your own source

The officer did shock the girl after he said she kicked him in the groin.

"He had no other choice. He had to get the child under control," said Ozark police Chief Jim Noggle.

Noggle said the officer shocked the girl for about a second.

Ozark police said it is their policy to use a Taser on someone who is a threat to others, no matter their age.

Noggle said simply restraining the child could be harmful.

"Well, if he tried to restrain her, he might hurt her by restraining her. If you grab somebody, you can slip an arm out of joint. They can slip from you and fall on the ground," Noggle said.

I would say she had a good tasing coming. Maybe if her parents would have taught the little brat to respect authority she would have not been in this position to start with.

How would you like to get kicked in the nuts by some little brat?

Maybe if she has any sense she will learn a lesson from this and start behaving. If so, she will probably thank the officers for getting her straightened out.

Plus, the mom said they could taser her, so she must be a little hell cat when her own mom wants her tased.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Ok I agree that this is pathetic. The officer should use their own strength first, tazer last. If the officer can't physically detain a child then they don't have a right to even be an officer.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again... tazers are making police lazy. It is human nature to "take the path of least resistance" and using a taser is the path of least resistance compared to actual physical work. They don't want to break a sweat wrestling people anymore so they resort to tazers.

It's much like using an escalator instead of stairs.

I think there should be an age limit for tazer victims. I also think policies need to be put in place to disallow police from using tazers without first trying to use physical force.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

If you read the article the officers explain that they did it for the safety of the child. Tasers are much safer than using physical force to restrain people that are out of control.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce

"Well, if he tried to restrain her, he might hurt her by restraining her. If you grab somebody, you can slip an arm out of joint. They can slip from you and fall on the ground," Noggle said.

I'm pretty sure getting tazed hurts more than a slipped joint. Also when you get tazed you lose control over all your muscles and you fall to the ground uncontrolled, and you can hit your head on something. You can even fall on the ground in such a way to dislocate joints. So that argument is pretty pathetic.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
A short story.

I work with at-risk youth/teens (family counseling) and have done my time in juvenile lock-down facilities, wilderness therapy programs, at-home family counseling and so on. I have been involved in restraint situations. One involved a young teen girl (seriously not bigger than 5' and 100lbs).
She tried to eat rocks and dirt to try to suffocate herself, tried to knock herself out by bashing her head against her knee, managed to kick at (and connect with) a staff member's groin, tried to slit her wrists with rocks and sticks and all while in the wilderness and hours away from any medical facility. It took 4 staff to physically keep her from hurting herself and others while I tried to calm her.

So, while I do NOT condone the use of tasers on kids, I have observed instances in which kids cannot be controlled and can be dangerous to themselves or others. It happens.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The kid sounds like she may need professionel help.BUT i cant see a cop needing to employ a taser on a 10yr girl to subdue her.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

You are wrong. Slipping a joint can cause long term damage under some cases. She could just as easily break her arm or crack her skull and die trying to resist. Tasing someone is only termporary pain not long term physical damage. That is why cops prefer and are trained to use them in cases like this.

Plus, lets not make her out to be a victim. She assaulted a cop by kicking him in the nuts. If I saw my kid do that to a cop and be that disrespectful I would tase them myself and teach them a lesson.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The kid may have learning problems or need medicine.

If a parent sends 20,000 volts through a child it's child abuse. Just because its a cop shouldn't make it right.

In my book this is legal child abuse. The Cop and the Mom should both go to jail as well as the person who made that stupid policy.

I do Not care how unruly a child is, there is Never a reason to taser a child! If a big strong Cop cant get the kid under control without a Tasering, then hes a poor excuse for a man and does not need to be a cop.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Although it is appalling, I think the fact that it happened in Ozark pretty much says it all. I'm not sure why anyone would expect anything besides ignorance on all sides of the story. Just hillbillies versus the redneck gestapo.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

You are wrong. Slipping a joint can cause long term damage under some cases. She could just as easily break her arm or crack her skull and die trying to resist. Tasing someone is only termporary pain not long term physical damage. That is why cops prefer and are trained to use them in cases like this.

Maybe you didn't read my post. I said tazing someone could cause slipping joints, and even head trauma... It's like a double whammy. Much worse than wrestling someone into submission.

Tazers can also KILL, in some cases.

Plus, lets not make her out to be a victim. She assaulted a cop by kicking him in the nuts. If I saw my kid do that to a cop and be that disrespectful I would tase them myself and teach them a lesson.

It's a KID, under age... They do not think rationally yet... they are too young to make rational decisions. That is why you aren't allowed to vote till you are 18. That is why if you commit murder while under the age of 18 you don't get life in prison. They are too young to make good decisions, especially during irrational states of mind, so you can't hold that against them because they are too young and just DON'T KNOW how to act yet.

Anyone talking about tazing their children for punishment should be tazed and hauled off to jail. Why don't you just taze a new-born while you are at it.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
What's the big deal?

They see her as cattle.

I'm surprised she wasn't hog-tied and carried away in a front-loader....

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Well when you act like a wild animal, you get treated like a wild animal.
Maybe if the kid learned to behave she wouldn't find herself getting the tazzzzzzzzze.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Lynch the p@*%k!

Second line

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
As someone who has routinely dated psychotic red-headed waifs not weighing more than 85-90lbs, I can say with all certainty that it doesn't matter how big and strong an officer may be, that isn't going to help them one bit. Matter of fact, the bigger you are, the harder you fall even when faced with someone a third your size.

HOWEVER, do I think that the use of a Taser was justified in this situation? Probably not. Granted, none of us were there and cannot say with certainty how things went down. However, Tasers were meant as a last resort, not as a primary tool. It's not a matter of the Officer failing to restrain her. It was a matter of the Officer failing to peacefully defuse the situation in the first place.

And that, in my opinion, is the crux of the problem with Tasers. No longer do LEOs rely on their Social Skills. Any old school Sheriff in any community will proudly tell you they've almost never had to pull their firearm or Taser. That is because they considered themselves part of the community, and knew that they were accountable to that community. They treated people like people and in return they got respect and cooperation, even from the criminals they had to arrest. Now, a LEO is nothing more than a high-school drop-out goon that didn't have what it took to get into the Military who hide behind their badge and demand respect at the end of their Taser.

Not all LEOs are abusive dirt-bags that would Taser a tantrum-throwing 10 year old that kicked them in the family jewels. Some LEOs are good enough at what they do to have treated the child with dignity and respect, even after having done wrong, and would have never resorted to using their Taser. This is simply a case of a LEO who didn't think but reacted instead. He is a liability to both his community and his profession.

And for the record: I have taught my own daughter, since she was 3 years old, to kick an aggressor in the family jewels (and if that doesn't deter them, shove her fingers into their eye-sockets). Even though I have taught her to be respectful of both LEOs as well as all people, if an LEO told me that my daughter kicked them in the family jewels I would immediately know that they must have had it coming to them then.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The girl doesn't need professional help...

She's dealing with a Mom that says "go ahead and Taze my daughter" obviously the parents aren't together and the girl is in turmoil over it... Parents want to believe this Crap where Divorce is a method of "always being happy" as IF raising children and having a family and supporting that is supposed to be an "always happy situation" then they are u[pset when the kids a lil screwed up...

Mom probably deserved her daughters tantrum

And lets say this... They like to beat you into submission

It is 100% natural to resist arrest, we get charged double and triple for doing what is completely natural.... it's not natural to lay down and go along with it when someone wants to cuff you... it was a 100% NATURAL reaction for any living organism to resist being cuffed and carried away...

100% NATURAL instinctive reaction to kick a cop in the Balls when he tries to arrest you...

This is WHY we shouldn't Arrest people over BS

If by any chance this lil girl ever comes across this,

Sweetie, you deserve a medal for having the gumption at your age to swing at a cop... You are Loved, it is a shame that you didn't hit him hard enough to keep him down but in time when your older with practice you will succeed

May my own children have such courage and strength if they ever come for them.

If they are coming for you ever, any of you.... kick em in the balls if enough of us do it regularly and with every nonsense arrest the laws will change, you can not fight mass civil disobedience.

I am tired of living in a nation where we except to be arrested for minor misbehavior's and are punished severely if we resist.

Kick to the Balls... I salute this child

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
just reading some people think the kid had it coming completely backs up my theory that we should require permits in order to have kids

really though if you cant subdue a 10 year old, get off the force

i mean whats the criteria to get on the force these days?

how big was this 10 year old, did she have a growth issue or was this cop just pathetic?

a 10 year old tasered by a cop, and we have to actually debate whether or not thats wrong?

times are bad, times are very bad

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

So, when is a person too young to be tased?

What about too old?

Are there no limits to the madness?

I agree with above poster ~tasers are making police lazy~, where are the social skills required for the job?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I guess I'd be a little annoyed if someone gave me a boot in the nuts. I dunno if I'd tase them. Mainly because I don't have taser.

If I ever did have a taser, though, it'd be awesome.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Whine Flu]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join