It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by Exuberant1

That is a bit dramatic. The article says he only tased her for 1 second. Whether it was a right or wrong decision, it certainly doesn't warrant lifein prison, especially since she kicked him sqare in the nut sack right before he gave her the shock of her life.

She is ten.

He tortured her with a taser.

There is no proof that she kicked him, or any statement from a physician indicating that he was injured in any way. There is no video tape.

We have only the word of a child-torturer.

Go ahead and trust him.

The child-torturer claims the parents gave him permission to taser their child. Once again, neither parent has stated that this was the case nor does the officer have any evidence which supports his outlandish claim:

The officer's statement said the girl's mother, Kelly Hamlert, told him to use a Taser on her if he needed to.

He just cannot corroborate this. Take his word eh!

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The guy obvously was well disciplined and had a lot of self control. Who are you going to believe? The criminal that assaulted a cop by trying to crush his weanie and two tater tots or a well trained professional who upholds the law. The mother isn't complainiing about it and she was there.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

When you read this, do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound?

Posts like yours teach why *normal* people have to stay vigilant against the crazies.

:shk:

[edit on 17-11-2009 by loam]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I didn't read the article in question as this story is somewhat local to me. Ozark, Arkansas is just down the road a bit.

Anyhow, something that I have seen misrepresented here in this discussion is the level of threat the girl posed to the officer.
She didn't just kick him in the junk. She kicked him in the junk and then immediately proceeded to start clawing at his face.
At least that is how it was reported here.

I still think the cop should have "manned up" and handled his business without unholstering the electricution device.

Oh, and the woman was calling the cops not to tattle on the girl, as I facetiously stated in my previous post, but to have her outright removed from the home.
Horrible parent, IMO.
The cop is an even worse excuse for a human, as far as I'm concerned.
He was overwhelmed by a 10 yr. old.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

reply to post by jam321

The mother isn't complainiing about it and she was there.

Incorrect.

The article you read did not include the mother's statements.

You don't know what the mother is doing right now. The article doesn't even state what she was doing then.

All comments are made by the father, and he certainly is not happy about the eltro-torture that was conducted on his child. There are not any comments from the mother; she is probably too distraught and pre-occupied comforting her traumatized daughter who had just been tortured by a man several times her size. I imagine these are confusing times for them, with being tortured and whatnot..

*the child was tasered in the back. Just so you know; she wasn't "coming right at him" of anything. She was facing away, or the officer maneuvered himself and the taser behind her, where he could torture her at minimal risk to himself (do to the limitations of human physiology.)

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

If you read the article you will see that the mother told them they could taze her and the father wasn't even there. Maybe if he had a pair and raised her with a little discipline she wouldn't be kicking an officer of the law in his pair.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

If you read the article you will see that the mother told them they could taze her and the father wasn't even there.

No she didn't.

That is what the child-torturer claims the mother said to him.

I say the mother said nothing of the sort - and that is why there is no quote from the mother.

*this was addressed earlier.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

The mother and the father are divorced.

The father is now filing for custody, as he should. This woman is not fit to be a mother, if you ask me. It is evident by the mere fact that the situation escalated to the point it did in the first place.
Don't blame this on the father. Or at least on the father solely. It takes two to tango and this woman did a pretty shoddy job of raising a daughter.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Often, parents of children who are severely out of control have nowhere to turn. Sadly, in situations like (this appears to be) parents have very little help or recourse. They cannot get help from the police, from the state, from most agencies, good luck finding family counseling, etc. UNLESS you are already in the system. Parents are often told to call the police and CONTINUE to call the police until a record can be established and enough criteria met, to remove the child and put them in state custody (temporary lock down, temporary Foster care or permanent removal) or to even get an evaluation for family therapy. So, if the situation really was that dire and had been an ongoing issue, the mother did the correct thing.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

The mother may have done the "correct thing" according to the protocol that the state regulates for such a thing, but she did a whole hell of a lot of "bad things" for the situation to ever get that out of control.

There is no way in hell my children will act that way. It simply won't happen.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Who are you going to believe? The criminal that assaulted a cop by trying to crush his weanie and two tater tots or a well trained professional who upholds the law. The mother isn't complainiing about it and she was there.

Many innocent people are in jail because of some who uphold the law.

They can write a report to their advantage anytime. I just feel that this story just sounds fishy all around.

TASER ECDs reduce officer injuries by up to 80%.
Law enforcement officers don’t get paid to fight. TASER International offers a powerful and a safer use-of-force options to subdue violent offenders and inmates that are safer compared to traditional hands-on force tactics. The TASER ECDs allow officers to incapacitate dangerous or violent subjects from a distance - regardless of the physical size of the officer and regardless of the size, strength and mental state of the subject.

www.taser.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

How can you say it was the mothers fault that the daughter is out of control. For all we know it is the fathers fault for spoiling her and teaching her to kick a cop in the grapes.

We all know that if a child is out of control and disrespects authority to the point that the child kicks an office of the law right in balls that it is the falure of the father, because he is the primary authority figure in a childs life. The dad sounds like some big whiny pussy in the article. I would bust my kids rearend for doing tht to a cop.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

The mother may have done the "correct thing" according to the protocol that the state regulates for such a thing, but she did a whole hell of a lot of "bad things" for the situation to ever get that out of control.

There is no way in hell my children will act that way. It simply won't happen.

I totally agree (I see it daily, believe me when I say it's frustrating beyond belief)...
I was just speaking to this situation in generalities and offering insight as to why mom would have called for help. I'm not excusing (the possible negligent/poor) many years of upbringing leading up to this, if that was the case.

However, it is also the case that many parents do the right thing and still have problems. It's hard to know what's really going on.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Because regardless of the father's influence, or most likely lack thereof, in this girl's life, it was the mother who was the legal guardian.
The mother was the one in charge of her raising. The mother failed.
Sure you can argue that perhaps the father failed, but you simply don't know if that is the case.

I can say assuredly her mother failed.
As did the cop.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

And what exactly do you consider the "right thing?"
From where I sit each situation with a child is totally unique and will require differing, yet fair, techniques to deal with each child's circumstances.

Who gets to say what is the "right way" to deal with a child's problems? Dr. Phil? You? The state (
)?

The point is, you shall not raise a child that behaves this way. If you do, you have failed.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

The cop just did his job and quite well in my opinion. It is way statistically safer to taser someone then to subdue them with force.

Would you have rather had him take his giant club to her?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I think the COPS don't belong in your house over a dispute with a Ten yr old and she in HER home was well within her rights of self defense going for his balls and should be given a medal.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Well you are wrong. It is called assaulting an officer and her mother is the one that called the cops because the little brat was out of control.

The cop probably should have just held the taser on her while he made her sing a Joe Cocker song.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

No, it is NOT statistically safer to use a taser than other forms of subjugation.

And before you even go there, I know what "study" you will cite. I'll preempt it by telling you right here and now that it is bunk.

You present a false dichotomy when you ask should he have used a batton. Of course he shouldn't have. He should have wrapped her up and subdued her through non-violent means.

If he doesn't know how to accomplish that, he has no business enforcing the law as he appears to be nothing more than a violent narcissist.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Jay, I'm not arguing with your perspective (really) I agree, for the most part. However, there can be extenuating circumstances. Is anyone accounting for the possibility of a mental health disorder/issue? What about meds. or lack of them (again, don't flame me for meds. I'm against them, generally)... My point is that unless one knows the background and circumstances and experiences of the years leading up to this, one cannot make snap judgments and lay it all down to parenting (though again, much of it does come down to parenting) for better or worse.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join