It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 7 Dead, 12 Wounded in Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
MSNBC is reporting that the two other people taken into custody have been released.

SO, it's looking like it was a lone gunman once again.

They just arrested a fourth individual, and MIL personnel reported hearing automatic rifle fire in addition to the sidearms which the dead shooter was found to have used. A Civilian LEO (DOD), was shot dead in a shootout, during which he managed to kill Major Hassan.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

ok..im not the only one realizing info is coming REALLY fast out of this? everything except their press conference. the press thought it was going to be a lot sooner, you can tell...they really did change at the last moment.

they are really making sure their story is tight.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
As I said earlier, Fox news had a colonel on that HAD WORKED WITH THE SHOOTER. He stated that Hasan had made comments about another shooting and how he was "GLAD IT HAD HAPPENED" and also about the oppressors in Iraq and Afghanistan should pull out.

I believe the retired colonel. I also believe his religious views had plenty to do with this massacre.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
We'll probably have a better picture of what happened by tomorrow morning.

I don't know if there were multiple shooters or not unless you were there and are a witness.

Personally I think that many things get reported initially that turn out to not have been factually correct.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
How did they get this Colonel that supposedly served with him and witnessed him yell about killing troops and Muslim freedom etc, .. so fast? I mean.. just like that, this guy was on here relaying this story. Usually you don't see these types of personal accounts for at least a few days.

You would be extremely surprised at how quickly our Media operates this day-and-age. The Colonel might have also called the News as well, or he was relayed through a spokesperson.

If you had heard of someone making threats, and you shrugged them off, then one day you hear about a mass murder committed by them which goes hand-in-hand with the threats you heard, wouldn't you be fairly anxious to tell people about it?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticantiseptic

Whether or not the Colonel's account is true, I find it very strange how they managed to get an interview with him relaying the story So fast. Like nobody wanted to miss a beat. Why would the colonel even consider speaking up about it so soon?

link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
"A lot of troops commit suicide"? No, more like a small few commit suicide. We have over a Million personnel in our Armed Forces, so you .

Dude, you are talking in percentages
that doesn't mean that the minority do not represent alot!!!

I remember reading an article on CNN where in one month over 20,000 soldiers called the suicide hotline for help and they couldn't handle the load.

You may say that many troops are stable people, but why not mention the truth that while in the warzone many troops are on anti-depressants.

I remember reading in Time Magazine how many soldiers are on prozac, even time magazine said on the magazine cover "Is this the way to fight war?"

link   
reply to post by Philalethes

Personally I believe he disagreed strongly with what was going on over seas, I believe his strong muslim belief drove him over the edge in thinking that the military is just out slaughtering muslims, and he thought he would put a damper on it by taking out the next shipment of GIs going out the door.

I believe he was disgruntled and honestly thought it was his duty to "save" his muslim brethren by taking out the people he viewed were sent there to kill muslims......

He used personal civilian handguns, not military issue, which makes it more personal to him.

Most of us prior military know that we dont target muslims, we just want the extremist 6feet under.

Just my thoughts.....

Pray for those at Ft.Hood

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
this is indeed sad..... as if the military families and soldiers have not suffered enough....

I hope they get to the bottom of what happened and how....

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I've got a couple questions (at this point I'm not ready to believe the guy was a terrorist OR a headcase. I just don't know enough to form an opinion):

Why would a guy who's angry about going to war (which I was, because I didn't want to kill people and/or die) kill people and then die in America instead? The idea that he just lost it is totally a possibility, but considering the guy is a psychiatrist himself, you'd expect he'd have at least tried to get help (which he may have).

How exactly do you kill/injure over forty people with the two handguns that it's being reported he used?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Okay everyone, I don't care how you all do it but make sure that the public is fully convinced that there is absolutely NO Islamic terrorism connections in this case.

Now get to work, and have some of your staff begin posting on internet discussion boards immediately.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It just occurred to me....

What were civilian LEO doing at a military base? So the military has a problem...call the locals in? What gives? On a base full of trained soldiers...they go on lock down and let the police handle it...why?

The LEO killed in the line of duty today is a HERO!!! BUT, should he have even been there?

link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
We'll probably have a better picture of what happened by tomorrow morning.

I don't know if there were multiple shooters or not unless you were there and are a witness.

Personally I think that many things get reported initially that turn out to not have been factually correct.

The initial two suspects arrested were in fact going after Major Hassan, and attempting to neutralize him. The fourth suspect is just that, a suspect, but it is a fact that rifle fire was heard as well, yet no rifle was found on Major Hassan, nor the LEO.

Also, using logic, one guy with two sidearms being able to take down and injure 42+ soldiers is an EXTREME Stretch.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by TheAgentNineteen]

link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

There were at least 2 gunmen. The original 2 suspects that were detained have been released and they are now looking for a FOURTH person who is the 2nd shooter.

link   

Originally posted by marg6043
My take on the whole thing, the man was a sleeping cell, so for now on anybody with a name that resemble middle east in the military will be watch like a hawk

I hope that helps with the conspiracy.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by marg6043]

That is just wrong Marg....
are we going to just label everybody that happens to have an arabic name? I know some patriotic military serving men who happen to be middle eastern, but they still love this country and are still prepared to sacrifice their lives for it. Its this attitude that truly disgusts me.

We can atleast wait to confirm what happened instead of throwing generalizations....

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

"A lot of troops commit suicide"? No, more like a small few commit suicide. We have over a Million personnel in our Armed Forces, so you need to keep things in perspective.

Not too many in the MIL just "SNAP", to the contrary, they happen to be the most stable grouping of people I've ever known. War affects everyone differently though, and even the hardiest of the bunch will forever feel its lingering touch. That doesn't mean that such individuals are unstable though.

On the contrary, from articles over the past few weeks the numbers indicate near record levels of US troop suicides. It appears you are basing your opinion on personal sentiments which is fine but the numbers tell otherwise. Everyone has a breaking point, some just cross the line sooner than others. Is that the case here....perhaps, but all the facts haven't been established. Condolences to the families of those impacted, tragic. War is hell.

src

brill

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
It just occurred to me....

What were civilian LEO doing at a military base? So the military has a problem...call the locals in? What gives? On a base full of trained soldiers...they go on lock down and let the police handle it...why?

The LEO killed in the line of duty today is a HERO!!! BUT, should he have even been there?

The actual gate guards at US Army bases are contracted civilian security guards called Department of the Army Police. The US military is phasing out the use of MP's on stateside garrisons to free them up for constabulary duties in Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It's being covered by O'Reilly... is he on drugs? He's slurring his speech and acting a little.. off?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

I agree with you there brill... there have been reports of a dramatic rise in suicides in the military... this could be connected.... mentally unfit individuals who just cannot handle the situation...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philalethes
Can't an officer just submit his resignation and get out?

If it was just a matter of he didn't want to deploy then why? fear of dying? Did he think he was going to do this and live?

If you don't want to go, there's better ways than shooting 40+ people.

I sense other motives.

Phil

He was Muslim, he probably didn't want to be responsible for taking other Muslim lives. He adamantly protested getting deployed.

And no, if he decided to resign, he would only lose his commission. He should have been contracted, he would have just dropped significantly in pay and rank.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join