It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 7 Dead, 12 Wounded in Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The Department of Defense releases video from inside Fort Hood in Texas as authorities move in on shooters there. The Army says 12 people were killed and more than 30 wounded at the base. (Nov. 5)

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Subject to confirmation, I'm told the psychiatrist whose name is spelled variably as Hasan or Hassan, is 40 years old and Iranian.

It's been hours now, so where are the usual false flag operation claimants and Mossad linking crew?

M

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I did NOT expect to see ATS froth at the mouth like this and pitch into the "sleeper cell" bull# so feverishly.

I am so ashamed of this community at the moment.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
A Colonel who served with Major Hassan, stated that the Major once started blabbering at a meeting about how the Muslims have a right to rise-up against the "Aggressor"(ie, The United States), and use violence against them in Iraq and Afghanistan. He also said that Major Hassan supported the Little Rock shootings (Where the Muslim convert killed the MIL Recruiters), and believed that people should start strapping bombs to themselves and take part in likewise attacks. On top of that, he was elated that Obama was elected, but he became increasingly agitated as it became apparent that the new election would not pull our MIL out of Muslim nations.

Oh yeah, he also got into fights and arguments with returning OEF/OIF vets, and it got to the point where he became a verbal punching bag (Rightfully so I might add).

HOW IN THE WORLD did this mental case manage to stay in the service?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MADCZAR
So called super power are u an idiot. Some loon decides to go berserk theres nothing u can do. Has nothing to do with our super power status.

Well I don't know what you think a super power is
If I was president, I would never consider my country a super power if I had a weak national defense.

these are troops going overseas, THEY HAVE ENEMIES!!!!

See the problem is Obama sent all his national guardsmen overseas

Originally posted by nunya13

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Don't get my hopes up?
what exactly is that supposed to mean?

why wouldn't I want a killer to be found, arrested and tried and convicted?

I think he meant don't get your hopes up that he won't be caught.

Do you mean he meant don't get my hopes up that he WILL get caught?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
People can be crazy and you dont know if this particular soldiers did anything wrong you are stereo typing all American soldiers. Have a little respect for the innocent families of these soldiers. We all realize how horrible War is and I think the Middle East wars are unjust but try being an American for one day.

link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
I did NOT expect to see ATS froth at the mouth like this and pitch into the "sleeper cell" bull# so feverishly.

But if they are right, will you still be ashamed? Just curious. I agree that it is too early to make a determination at this point; however, a sleeper cell (or something of the like) is extremely plausible.

link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

There was a call to the Michael Medved show from someone at ft. Hood (supposedly an MP) That they did in fact feel this was much bigger and do not know if the others just got scared or are in waiting still.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

This could still be a case of domestic terrorism and not be a "sleeper cell". People are just speculating right now. Only a few are jumping off the deep end with the slippery slope assumptions. There are plenty of us on here keeping it rational.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Anyone else watching the streaming presser angered over the gleeful attitude of the idiots in front of the camera?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil

It seems a bit strange for not one, but three soldiers to turn and use their firearms, of course the military only ever release their version of what happens so I guess we'll probably never really know what happened

I am thinking the same thing. Three or four suspects?? There seems to be a clampdown on all news and informations on this incident. No telling what will come out of it in the end. I suspect it will be handled politically.

It appears that the situation is not totally under control here. Lots of loose ends as of yet.

Thinking this is going to cause a shakeup of how things are done on military installations and in government facilities...quietly....away from the pubic eye.

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
one still on the loose?

ok, explain to me HOW he escaped the largest base in what many ATSers call the american super-power of a nation?

This can be easily done if it is an inside job by someone who has done thier homework on how a particular installation works or does not work.

Though it has been some year or two back ..were there not some informations/warnings coming out about recruiting efforts of recruiting westerners/western converts for these groups?? Those who know how western traditions, thinking, and customs work?? Those who can pass for westerners?? I seem to recall some warnings about this kind of trend.

Seems to me also that there are some stories and articles about Muslims in Afganistan living in enclaves...who are western..from East and Western Europe. Some of the fiercest and most dedicated fighters in the area.

But this is just speculation. We wont know much until more facts come out..if they in fact..do come out.

Wow!! Is this ever a fast moving thread.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 5-11-2009 by orangetom1999]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Please tell me you are joking!! Are you new here? This is ATS. Its what they do. They take headlines and make the news or event ANYTHING except what it may be. Its conspiracy theory at its best bro. You may want to try a more rational web site than this one.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

You speak as though your dealing with rational people. It would be a little more respectful to mourn the dead and look for the boogeyman under the bed later. But alas, this is not to be. Respect for others is something sorely lacking. In society in general. On ATS, it's virtually non-existent. My heart goes out to the families affected.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

You forgot the CIA, KGB, Mossad, the Iranians, my cousin Vinny and the Fat Lady down the street.

or simply a pissed off american soldier sick of seeing innocent people being killed across the planet for sake of profiting the few old men in power!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

But if they are right, will you still be ashamed? Just curious. I agree that it is too early to make a determination at this point; however, a sleeper cell (or something of the like) is extremely plausible.

He is right, this says alot about our paranoid society

If they are right, then it still says about about our society
If they are wrong, then they STILL won't understand that it says alot about them.

There are very little people here denying ignorance.

yes it's a conspiracy theory site, but conspiracies do not need to be bigoted.
As we all know ignorance is the main cause of racism.

People aren't speaking too intelligently right now
generalizations will get us nowhere.

I would speculate that there are way more xenophobes here in this thread than the average american.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
3rd warning

please stay on topic.

ATS is NOT the topic

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Yes, it's always extremely plausible though, isn't it? Just saying. None of the facts are straight, at all, but the media has already played their card without even so much as a bluff or a shuffle of the deck.

How does one openly determine the "possibility" of a sleeper cell anyway? This is similar to the shooting at the holocaust museum a while back, where it was assumed the gunman was the tip of the spear for a "network of extremists" living in our midst and that "we should expect more in the future".

I was in Fort Dix when the supposed "sleeper cell" was apprehended before launching their assault. I personally met one of the "sleepers" because he worked for several facilities and restaurants over the course of my stay. There is a vast conspiracy of entrapment and falsified evidence/documents that fabricates a web of lies.

This is eerily similar to that and it is similar the few who were "caught" (I believe they were supposedly going to attack the NY subway system) and they turned out to be nearly mentally disabled in intelligence. Yet they were supposed to be "sleeper cell" masterminds caught in the act.

Where did the others go? One man left behind, presumably the biggest Muslim scapegoat ever, whilst the others skirt away... ? This whole story reeks of intense lies.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This guy had to listen to all the soldiers coming home God knows the stories he heard.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
FoxNews is interviewing Hasan's cousin who keeps saying "he's a good American". He didn't deny that Hasan did it either. The cousin also said that Hasan's family are life long Muslim Americans. I do feel bad for them with all the media (and other) attention this is going to bring their family.

[edit on 11/5/2009 by thomasblackraven]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MADCZAR
This guy had to listen to all the soldiers coming home God knows the stories he heard.

One would think that if this was "deployment motivated" then he would have waited until he was overseas with the opportunity to wreak havoc with much bigger toys...

Just a thought

EDIT: for spelling

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Aggie Man]

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join