It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 7 Dead, 12 Wounded in Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
It's not that I don't want him to talk about it, it's that I want to know why he was able to talk about it so soon. How did he get in front of everyone, video cameras, and all that stuff set up so fast for that? It seems odd that he can get set up and ready so fast.

The President has access to the airwaves at a moments notice. I know it maybe hard to deal with because of the last 8 years when the then current CIC hardly ever appeared on tv, much less live and candid, like the Obama.

link   

Originally posted by hadriana
]Yes I have. Fort Jackson, Gordon, Bad Kreuznach.

That's what the TV is saying - NOT me.

I stand corrected.
Thanks for clarifying that.

link   

Originally posted by Justaposter
reply to post by Sliadon

Sliadon, I didn't mean it to be hateful. This could go either way and sometimes people run with that.

I agree this is going to get ugly due to the name alone. And my local news is stating "recient convert".. (the newscasters on kxxv our local abc channel.)

Clarification:

I did not mean to imply that your post was hateful. I was referring to the what the aftermath of this will bring. I meant that people will take the fact that one of the shooters was Muslim and go wild with it. My prayer is that no one turns to violence against people of the Muslim faith at large in retaliation and fight violence with more violence.

-Sliadon

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by Phlynx

Wasn't he going to give a speech about native Americans anyway?

So i've heard.

that speech already occured early morning

anyhow, hope everything is done and finished!

that's alot of casualties.

and for the people saying you don't walk around bases with guns.... well... maybe it's time they did!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Since the beginning of this year, there has been at least one effort, reportedly by the current administration, to require military personnel to surrender their privately owned firearms.

After this effort went our MSM, and there was a backing off.

In many, if not most cases like this, the knee jerk reaction is to ban guns and pretend like they did the dirty work without the benefit of a human pulling the trigger. And if there is a movement to to disarm the military, less their war weapons, this would be a prime opportunity.

Look for those who will now shout for the disarming of our military personnel and their families, in both on and off post housing.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by redoubt]

link   
Per CNN Live
*Soldiers targeted were being processed to deploy to Iraq and Afghanistan.
*Not Terrorism

link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Well, if they were military personnel...then why punish civilians by taking away liberties? Makes no sense...and would go over like a fly in the punch bowl.

Agreed. There's no apparent civilian involvement in this, so there's no way the government could sell any type of civil liberty restrictions on civilians as a result.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Did I hear this right?
He was saying something like (TO the NATIVE AMERICANS) I'm sure your govt.s will be working with our govt. on this?

Was he talking about the shooting? It seemed like he was, or was he switching gears? If he was, wth?

[edit on 5-11-2009 by hadriana]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter
reply to post by Sliadon

Sliadon, I didn't mean it to be hateful. This could go either way and sometimes people run with that.

I agree this is going to get ugly due to the name alone. And my local news is stating "recient convert".. (the newscasters on kxxv our local abc channel.)

Sorry gang, hit the button too soon. The undercurrents about muslim/not muslim always makes me very nervous. some people get quite "the sky is falling" with this, and well after 9/11 some people in Central Texas were not very well behaved. It was really shameful and embarassing.

I just really hate that the media threw out that little tidbit of information so soon without any facts, just really makes me very uneasy.

sorry for the typo's, I am trying to help kids with homework and keep an eye on what the local news team is trying to say.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
12 killed, 31 wounded. And they are in urgent need of blood.

Scott & White

Due to the recent events on Fort Hood, we are in URGENT need of ALL blood types.

Shootings at Texas Base Kill at Least 12; Dozens Hurt

link   
reply to post by Justaposter

Yes I'm aware, I'm from Texas myself. I suppose I worded that incorrectly, I suppose I meant to say that in the current light that most of these fearful Americans see Muslims in, it may not be the best to come out and propagate, "three different law official organazations confirm that he was a Muslim convert". (be afraid, be very afraid)

link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
and for the people saying you don't walk around bases with guns.... well... maybe it's time they did!!!!

I'm a people...

No, becuase this will most likely turn out to be some fanatic nut jobs running amuck. Not an armed insurrection.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by SLAYER69]

link   
The only official statement so far is that they are 3 soldiers. I would love to know how people are imagining that they are Muslim converts.

Suicide rates have been extremely high amongst military personnel this year I did a thread on it back in May...

Army Post Shuts Down for Anti-Suicide Event

Not too many people noticed it at the time. The warning signs have been there. Our troops are being over deployed and stressed to the breaking point in difficult situations.

Doesn't matter how you feel about the wars they are being sent to, the fact is they are all being pushed to the max with multiple deployments in multiple war-zones and the toll is real.

This occured at the Medical Facility that's the last stop before being deployed. This appears to be a violent protest to me as far as some soldiers not wanting deployed again and lashing out at the army whose constant demands above and beyond are making them crack.

Has the irrational hatred for Muslims been so instilled and brainwashed into us that we can't even consider our own troops in looking to exploit a tragedy simply to further a hatred for Muslims before the facts of this are even known?

What happened to America's humanity?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Well, if they were military personnel...then why punish civilians by taking away liberties? Makes no sense...and would go over like a fly in the punch bowl.

Agreed. There's no apparent civilian involvement in this, so there's no way the government could sell any type of civil liberty restrictions on civilians as a result.

Furthermore, it gives more reason/justification why American civilians should keep their right to bear arms...how does one defend themselves otherwise, right?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Per CNN Live
*Not Terrorism

Yeah, good ol' CNN. Not terrorism? Well, maybe not Islamic terrorism, but domestic terrorism.

This isn't someone that has PTSD and flipped out. One guy; maybe. Three? This was planned.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Noetic

Noetic, I understand what you are saying. I feel the same way.

CX

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Much as this would seem like a great idea at the moment, i think it would make things worse.

Yes if everyone was armed there, the gunman may have been taken out earlier. However you then have the problem of trying to work out who is the gunman that is loose.

You'd have thousands of armed troops in combats...hunting for armed trooms in comabts. Not a good scenario.

Having been involved in security exercises that cover this kind of event, i can tell you it's a nightmare trying to find the suspects in amongst such a large population, especially when they could look like your colleagues.

CX.

link   
Fort Hood Tragedy -- Barack Obama Gives "Shout-Out" Before Comments on Shooting -- FOX News

link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Per CNN Live
*Not Terrorism

Yeah, good ol' CNN. Not terrorism? Well, maybe not Islamic terrorism, but domestic terrorism.

This isn't someone that has PTSD and flipped out. One guy; maybe. Three? This was planned.

I'm listening online, no t.v. CNN Live reporters are kinda stumbling around...

I think the gist was not Foreign Terrorism...

I agree, mass murder is a level of terrorism...

[edit on 5-11-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
5 British soldiers were killed the other day by an Afghani policeman.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That thread only went to three pages. Of the contributors, only two were identifiably American ; one an Australian.

It's eye opening to see how ATS reacts when tragedy comes. The impression is given by our activity that American deaths are somehow more worthy of comment than those of others. And that's a terrible shame.

My own thoughts are with the families of those killed & wounded in this terrible incident.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join