It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 7 Dead, 12 Wounded in Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Fox News Reported that this guy had converted to Islam and was told he would be deployed soon.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The suspected gunman was identified by ABC News as Major Malik Nadal Hasan.

The shooter was killed and two other suspects, who are also soldiers, have been apprehended, Lt. Gen. Robert W. Cone said.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala
5 British soldiers were killed the other day by an Afghani policeman.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That thread only went to three pages. Of the contributors, only two were identifiably American ; one an Australian.

It's eye opening to see how ATS reacts when tragedy comes. The impression is given by our activity that American deaths are somehow more worthy of comment than those of others. And that's a terrible shame.

My own thoughts are with the families of those killed & wounded in this terrible incident.

I can respect that. I live in Killeen right next door to Fort Hood so naturally, due to the proximity, this event affects me more because it could easily be one of my friends or relatives that were a victim (anyone that works on Post usually lives in the housing there or in Killeen). From a nonpartisan view you can definitely tell events are more sensationalized when they occur in America and that is deplorable because no life is more important than another and the over exaggeration (although the event is indeed tragic) is mainly due to the media which the American public has no control over. My prayers go out to all the families of both incidents...I just wasn't aware of the other incident until now.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by jimmyx
this is not good for the rest of the soldiers currently on other U.S. bases. they would consider bases in this country to be stress free as far as getting attacked and shot...now...they probably won't be able to let their guard down even here. this is going to have detrimental effects for the near future...and maybe who ever planned this, knew that. after all that is the meaning of terror. my heart goes out to our soldiers.

Definitely could be a deterrent to those considering enlisting. I hope not, as this country does not need a draft

your right...and there needs to be an immediate investigation, if there are some signs or signals coming out of other bases, that possibly might lead to this happening elsewhere....soldiers need to start talking to each other about this, and report anything they think might be out of the ordinary...it might save the lives of others.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Reports on Uk tv news say 12 dead and 31 injured !!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
so not everyone walks around with guns
cool

but how about some security forces at the very least????

foreign bases have better security than domestic ones
that's what people don't get

all the stimulus money went to companies and companies used that money overseas, I know this firsthand

taxpayer money, all of it goes to israel or to foreign nations to prop up govts.

defense, all that money goes overseas and we are all sitting ducks back home

Nothing is domestic... NOTHING!!!

Anyhow, have a few national guardsmen at the very least
national guardsmen, keyword = NATIONAL.. but noooooooo
they are also being deployed overseas creating more enemies while we are sitting ducks at home being bankrupted

It's time for a change and Obama ain't briginging it!

Why does every story need to tie to obama or Israel for you? It's a tragic shooting but I don't really see Obama as the culprit for this one.

link   
The goveremnt will use this event as an excuse abolish guns........

link   
The news on the tv said the police officer who shot and killed the shooter was also shot and killed at the same time.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

I agree, my friend was just sent to ft. hood on sunday for his 2nd or 3rd deployment... I hope he and the thousands of soldiers there are alright. Our soldiers should not have to worry about being killed before they get overseas. 31 people injured. 2 suspects in custody and 1 shooter dead...

CX

link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Ulala

Yeah I remember that...

The Story and thread broke at 12:51 AM . Not exactly a great time for a new thread to be posted. Especially here in the states.

I think i'm to blame for that one, apologies for that. Then again, i understand that being in the UK, if i post something in the morning, the US members will still be asleep.

Many work, many only come online now and again.

The other thread you talk about, i started it, and it concerned fallen members of my old unit, but i have still posted more in this one that that one. No-one can tell me it's because i care less about the 5 deaths in Afghanistan.

I think it boils down to what i said before to another poster, when it's right on your doorstep and not on the frontline, it's a lot more unexpected and attention grabbing.

I'm certainly not going to lose sleep because the 5 deaths got less attention on here, theres always thousands more elsewhere thinking about them.

CX.

link   

Originally posted by roach2
The goveremnt will use this event as an excuse abolish guns........

They may well try... at least for military personnel to begin with.

But hoping otherwise.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by roach2

LMAO, so they are going to use it as an excuse to banish guns from the military?

Next thing you know they will take away their planes for crashing them.

Are you serious?

link   
This isn't good. I don't like the way this country is run, God knows I don't, but to shed innocent blood like this is wrong. I'm shaking my head right now, I don't really have anything to really say.

link   
The rest of Texas has very liberal concealed weapons laws and just about any law abiding person with no felony convictions can get a CCW.

But the military allows no one even those with CCWs to carry on there bases.

These gun free zones are a magnet for mass nutcase shooters just because of this.

Just about every mass shooting in the US in the last 20 years happened in a gun free zone or in states that do not allow concealed carry.

This is your gun laws at work protecting the nut case shooters.

link   
We need more info on this situation, this is a massive attack on our military an i hope whom ever done it never gets to see he light of day again.

link   

link   
Texas Governor Rick Perry speaking right now.

Here's a link to a live video feed of him speaking, but when he is done it'll go back to the regular newscasters.

Edit: He's done.

www.wfaa.com...

[edit on 5-11-2009 by riddle6]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Good man!
at least he took the bastard down with him!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mryhenry125

And here they come.....let's see just how many pro yahoo military posters come flying out of the woodwork now.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yet another move by the US government to inpliment the "us vs them" movement. Soon they'll be discriminating against any ethnic people from joining the UK/USsrmed forces by conducting false-flag events like these. Remeber the infamous Australian "attack" which the MSM got to before anyone was actually killed, then no actual weapons were discovered or suspects condenmed. Sadly in this case they passed the False-flag event right under our noses.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join