It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 7 Dead, 12 Wounded in Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just curious, does anyone else feel sick watching the tv news about this?
We turned it off here, and all agree we feel better now. It was making my head hurt. Hi Def tv does that to me & my son, but we don't have high def tv.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Something is very wrong here. First it was a high powered assault rifle, now it's two hand guns. 42 people hit with two handguns. Either that guy was the best shot in the history of shooting, or this is a flat out lie.

If it happened in a confined area, its definitely plausible. That's basically what happened at Virginia Tech, which only involved handguns.

Yes but that was not on a military base. Obviously it takes reaction time to get to your weapons, but the guy was taking out cops and SWAT Team members. People in armor. People that were armed.

I'm sorry, but this is in no way possible.

link   
Here's an update because I haven't seen anything yet:

All three were soldiers, one was a Major (a fairly high ranking officer), and the original shooter was an Army mental health officer... ironic. All three are in their late thirties or early forties. That's the part that strikes me as the most odd. I could understand if these guys were a couple of young privates scared of getting deployed, or not happy with the way things were going in their lives. But these were middle aged men, with seemingly successful careers. Why would they suddenly throw that all away by shooting up a Soldier Readiness Center?

Also, they've already ruled out terrorism.

link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yeah, I noticed this too. And while I like to think of myself as rather even-keel when it comes to Presidents, that threw me into a small fit of outrage.

To begin something like that with a thank you to the joint chiefs for a conference and some joke snippet about a doctor... who cares? Get over yourself and your agenda, seriously. The joint chiefs are alive and in no danger. It should have gone a bit more like, "First things first, this is terrible, condolences, and we're on it 'yesterday'."

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Fiscal]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I feel sorry for the people who lost their lives, and my hearts go out to the families of the victims. However, America is BROKEN and this is simply a drop in the bucket.

link   

link   
[double post with slow server I guess.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by j2000]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwiggen
Here's an update because I haven't seen anything yet:

All three were soldiers, one was a Major (a fairly high ranking officer), and the original shooter was an Army mental health officer... ironic. All three are in their late thirties or early forties. That's the part that strikes me as the most odd. I could understand if these guys were a couple of young privates scared of getting deployed, or not happy with the way things were going in their lives. But these were middle aged men, with seemingly successful careers. Why would they suddenly throw that all away by shooting up a Soldier Readiness Center?

This is ATS... so I am guessing that it won't shock anyone if I say that I don't take everything the MSM or Mr. Shout-out says as gospel.

This is an attempt to sift the truth from the BS.

link   

link   
Just a random, perhaps wild thought...is this a new tactic by the Islamic Terrorists? Infiltration? There are two existing threads about the Afghan and Iraqi security forces being infiltrated by terrorsits. Now we have the POSSIBILITY that this mass murder was committed by a person who converted to Islam?

I'm not running with this, I'm just putting it out there:

U.S. Afghanistan withdrawal in six months?

Embedded news link: US gives Karzai six-months ultimatum to stem Afghanistan corruption

And...

Largest Iraq bombing in two years may have been inside job

Embedded news link: Rawstory.com

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Umm you don't walk around in armor and armed on a millitary base unless you have a good reason to, like while training, on guard, or as an MP. This readiness center would have been like a mix between a gym and a suite of doctors offices. Security would have most likely been, maybe an armed civilian DoD guard or MP's. You'd have a large group of crowded people that would mostly bee unarmed, getting shot's filling out paper work in crowds and lines.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Well I guess I should have clarified: most of my info is coming from a buddy of mine who is stationed at Hood. And believe it or not, the evil dreaded MSM (shudder) actually has most of it right. Sometimes a few minutes late though.

link   

Originally posted by jefwane
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Umm you don't walk around in armor and armed on a millitary base unless you have a good reason to, like while training, on guard, or as an MP. This readiness center would have been like a mix between a gym and a suite of doctors offices. Security would have most likely been, maybe an armed civilian DoD guard or MP's. You'd have a large group of crowded people that would mostly bee unarmed, getting shot's filling out paper work in crowds and lines.

Have you even read the info?

At least 3 SWAT team members were wounded. These are people that ABSOLUTELY would be in armor.

link   
There was a friendly, pre-emptive warning earlier.

I don't want to repeat that the personal jibes must stop. Remain on topic and do not discuss each other. This is already a very heated thread and cooler heads need to prevail here.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Yes but that was not on a military base. Obviously it takes reaction time to get to your weapons, but the guy was taking out cops and SWAT Team members. People in armor. People that were armed.

I'm sorry, but this is in no way possible.

If a significant percentage of the victims were police/swat members or MPs, I agree completely. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure the regular troops on base are not allowed to carry firearms except for training purposes and that they are locked away in the armory any other time.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by vor78]

link   

That was rather quick.... if they ruled it out then they know what it was related to... I guess it will take a while to build a plausible story and motive that everyone can believe.

Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction and more dangerous than bullets.

Get out the big mops boys... this one is going to take a lot of clean up work.

It is a stunningly nice day today in Texas, a little too hot in places, the sun is setting... Good time to get the hell out of here, as soon as the traffic eases up.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Have you even read the info?

At least 3 SWAT team members were wounded. These are people that ABSOLUTELY would be in armor.

That was during the standoff with one of the other conspirators after the original shooting, I believe.

link   
Maj. Hasan was licensed psychiatrist from Maryland who has just "converted" to Muslim.

All religions are bad. Religion turn people mind more or less fundamental.
This statement is not related to this shooting, its purely my humble opinion about what religions do to human mind.

link   

reply to post by redoubt

Well I guess I should have clarified: most of my info is coming from a buddy of mine who is stationed at Hood. And believe it or not, the evil dreaded MSM (shudder) actually has most of it right. Sometimes a few minutes late though.

And I should have added a smiley or something cause my reply wasn't meant to be critical... just kind of observatory.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join