It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 7 Dead, 12 Wounded in Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
to:
Justaposter

Zosynspiracy

jam321

u guys are all my friends. lets be peaceful. the annunakis created us for a reason. to be family. let us all look at current tragic events from all over the world as if it happened in our own backyard. Baby Jesus loves you.

[edit on 10/13/2009 by Zeta Reticuli]

link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by hadriana
12 dead, 31 injured.

It isn't the 7th of October but it is close.

31 injured and 12 dead?

by 2 or 3 guys in the largest base in the US?

Just goes to show you, domestic defense is a complete zero
there is in fact no defense, it's all offense
everyone is overseas man

31 injured and 12 dead by 3 people is crazy........
how did they pull this off?

Element of surprise.

Plus I'm sure they know the inner workings of that base and were able to pick the perfect time in order to maximize the number of people they could catch off guard.

Hopefully the proper authorities will see this as an opportunity to increase the care and treatment of our soldiers rather than an opportunity to restrict their freedoms while serving.

link   
Live on CNN -
www.cnn.com...
2 additional US soldiers apprehended as suspects

[edit on 5-11-2009 by LadySkadi]

link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by badmedia
reply to post by ModernAcademia

As I said earlier, all weapons are locked up on base. People aren't sitting around with loaded weapons all day long. And it doesn't really have anything to do with defense.

Military issued is locked up on base, but in base housing on many (most? all?) bases, military members can have their own firearms in their homes. And if you live in a state (such as TX) you can even walk around with a CW off base.

Military issued is locked up on base, as well as anyone who lives in the barracks. Personal housing I'm not sure.

But the point is you don't go around with loaded guns all the time on a military base. I use to pull guard duty without any ammo in my gun all the time. Only 1 higher ranking person was given bullets etc.

It's not like they are running up into the middle of a deployed unit etc.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
We don't know all the details at this moment but you are on t.v. spouting your puppet mouth. Obama is a stupid stooge. We know it's a horrific outburst of violence. We don't need you to go on national tv. To tell us. What's the point of this idiots news conference. Pure propaganda. Yes Obama we know they are brave Americans. How many times are you going to tell us? What a tool he is!

Full resources of the Federal government? Someone remind this idiot that he's broke!

This address was already planned... it just so happened to coincide with the tragedy that occurred today.

And what happens then.. the cameras went to him... not the other way around.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Obamas speech was pretty short. Only about 3 or 4 minutes long. All that he said was keep the fallen and their families in our prayers

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
ruh roh.. the shooter killed converted to muslim. (per Charlie on ABC)

This doesn't look good gang.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Better the CIC on top of things, rather than, say, reading children's books, with a deer-in-the-headlights gaze.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Wow Obama felt the need to give a Shout out and make jokes before talking about this? nothing like an ice breaker to get into what matters?!

link   

Originally posted by riddle6
Something smells funny, I've never seen a President speak on something like this, this fast.

You know I was thinking the same
this is unprecedented!!!
I was thinking the same thing. That is really odd.

link   
It doesn't seem like a good psychological target....like if it were terrorists. Unless there was something about 'soldier readiness' itself that is supposed to be the message.

CX

link   

Originally posted by Elieser
Did Obama started the press thing with giving shout outs to people that are there, all smilling and cheerfull?
Did I just see that?

I thought that too, bit odd considering the main reason for the press comference.

They are saying now that it was just two handguns used. Thats a lot of casualties for two handguns. Not impossible but still.

I hope this doesn't sound insensitive and it's taken in the right way, but i kind of hope the weapons were military. If they were civillian owned, i'd hate to see you guys end up with what we have here in the UK. (By that i mean the handgun ban after the Dunblane shooting.)

CX.

[edit on 5/11/09 by CX]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

Originally posted by riddle6
Something smells funny, I've never seen a President speak on something like this, this fast.

You know I was thinking the same
this is unprecedented!!!
I was thinking the same thing. That is really odd.

so you'd rather him sit in a classroom full of children an NOT say anything.

You people are crazy. You complain when your president doesn't do anything, and complain when he does.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
"major malik hassad, an alleged muslin convert" referring to the "primary shooter". How'd I guess that he'd be portrayed as a Muslim?

link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
We don't know all the details at this moment but you are on t.v. spouting your puppet mouth. Obama is a stupid stooge. We know it's a horrific outburst of violence. We don't need you to go on national tv. To tell us. What's the point of this idiots news conference. Pure propaganda. Yes Obama we know they are brave Americans. How many times are you going to tell us? What a tool he is!

Full resources of the Federal government? Someone remind this idiot that he's broke!

God what a complete embarrassment Obama is. What's next his wife going to come on t.v. fist bumping? Pathetic.

You took the words right outta my mouth!

Right there with ya.

link   
I'm anxious to hear about the whole story; we still don't know what the situation was behind the shootings. What was the motive behind the shootings will be most interesting to find out... If there were 3 or 4 shooters, it could be possible that the victims weren't random soldiers...

link   
General Cone Base Commander is saying the shooters are U.S. Soldiers on CNN now.

It is U.S. Soldiers who have done this.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
they are speculating a sleeper cell but i feel its a soldier who finally snapped. anyone who has been in comat would understand the stress thats associated with being a combat veteran...pray for them all

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I understand that, but it just seemed like he should have spoken about it later, when more is "officially" known. Instead of him almost glazing (bad word choice but the only one I can think of right now) over it, like it appeared to me. Personally, I'd rather him wait thirty minutes or an hour before he said something, so that he could actually say something (not that I think asking us to keep the soldiers and their families in our thoughts/prayers was a bad thing).

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join