It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 7 Dead, 12 Wounded in Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Yeah 375 Million Americans.
It's hard to get us all on the same page.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Serene here, reporting in from Killeen, Texas - less than 1 mile away from Fort Hood. This is definitely a shock. You don't ever expect things like this to happen so close to where you stay. And when they do happen there is the constant worry that someone that you know is one of the victims. I was in school when this happened a few hours ago and the text messages about the shootings were being sent in a constant flow. There were people trying to contact some of their parents that work on the base, kids crying...just mute chaos. They could have easily come to any of the schools in the area and I could have possibly been one of the victims. I just can't seem to understand the motive behind these types of things...what could prompt a person to kill total strangers?

[edit on 5-11-2009 by serenesupreme]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter
ruh roh.. the shooter killed converted to muslim. (per Charlie on ABC)

This doesn't look good gang.

Get ready for more hate talk :/

This is not going to be good for relations here in the US and abroad.

My prayers are that people remain level headed and not turn to violence in response to this violent outburst.

-Sliadon

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noetic
"major malik hassad, an alleged muslin convert" referring to the "primary shooter". How'd I guess that he'd be portrayed as a Muslim?

Noetic, Central Texas actually does have a good sized Muslim population. So this isn't quite out of the possibilites.

A Major.. wow.

link   
We've been conditioned to accept the concept of home grown terrorists since 9/11, and here some are. Expect to lose some liberties because of this.

link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Yeah 375 Million Americans.
It's hard to get us all on the same page.

Mate jest, jest....

Chill. Obviously not all of you. It's called a narrow minded, sweeping, stereotypical generalisation.

But i just don't get it, some of the people who have knocked Obama for acting quickly are the same people who criticised Bush for not doing anything.

Anyway back on topic:

Rumours suggest that some of the shooters 'may' have been muslim.

edit: typo

[edit on 5-11-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well if these soldiers are supposedly Muslim converts this story is no surprise. Just like the soldier that threw a grenade into a group of soldier's tent. He was sick of seeing his fellow Muslims being killed. Well maybe the stupid US military needs to quit recruiting muslims and any tom dick and harry who wants to go fight. What's next? We go to war with Mexican drug cartels and the hispanic US soldiers start killing other soldiers? I wouldn't be surprised if the US military was infiltrated by the Taliban at this point as inept and backasswards as our government is.......the military is just an extension of that ineptness.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Now they are bringing up Virginia Tech.

"Look what one handgun can do even on a military base."

link   
sounds like Obama's speech was completely useless judging by the summaries.

link   

Race/religion need not apply.

Murderers just the same.

link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Phlynx

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by riddle6
Something smells funny, I've never seen a President speak on something like this, this fast.

You know I was thinking the same
this is unprecedented!!!
I was thinking the same thing. That is really odd.

so you'd rather him sit in a classroom full of children an NOT say anything.

You people are crazy. You complain when your president doesn't do anything, and complain when he does.

It's not that I don't want him to talk about it, it's that I want to know why he was able to talk about it so soon. How did he get in front of everyone, video cameras, and all that stuff set up so fast for that? It seems odd that he can get set up and ready so fast.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Wasn't he going to give a speech about native Americans anyway?

So i've heard.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Just a reminder to remain on topic and keep the personal sniping out of the discussion. For many, this is a preemptive reminder as this story is developing quickly and this thread is progressing even faster...

Thank you for your attention and cooperation.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
We've been conditioned to accept the concept of home grown terrorists since 9/11, and here some are. Expect to lose some liberties because of this.

Well, if they were military personnel...then why punish civilians by taking away liberties? Makes no sense...and would go over like a fly in the punch bowl.

link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Well if these soldiers are supposedly Muslim converts this story is no surprise. Just like the soldier that threw a grenade into a group of soldier's tent. He was sick of seeing his fellow Muslims being killed. Well maybe the stupid US military needs to quit recruiting muslims and any tom dick and harry who wants to go fight. What's next? We go to war with Mexican drug cartels and the hispanic US soldiers start killing other soldiers? I wouldn't be surprised if the US military was infiltrated by the Taliban at this point as inept and backasswards as our government is.......the military is just an extension of that ineptness.
Whats worse, Christians or Muslims? They are both religions, and both based on the same belief of God. Stop blaming religion.

link   
reply to post by Sliadon

Sliadon, I didn't mean it to be hateful. This could go either way and sometimes people run with that.

I agree this is going to get ugly due to the name alone. And my local news is stating "recient convert".. (the newscasters on kxxv our local abc channel.)

link   

Originally posted by hadriana

Have you ever served or been on a stateside base?
No, we don't walk around armed.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Race/religion need not apply.

Murderers just the same.

oh of course, but when it's a muslim shooter you may assume it's because of the Iraq / Afghan war.

If the shooter was christian it would be harder to find a motive.

just saying is all.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by hadriana

Have you ever served or been on a stateside base?
No, we don't walk around armed.

Yes I have. Fort Jackson, Gordon, Bad Kreuznach.

That's what the TV is saying - NOT me.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Well, if they were military personnel...then why punish civilians by taking away liberties? Makes no sense...and would go over like a fly in the punch bowl.

I anticipate many commanders getting sacked because of this incident.

As far as liberties, there will be some who will push more because of this incident.

I don't see Texas budging.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join