It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: English Words and Western Voices Heard on Nick Berg Beheading Video

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
This is an awesome find.
You have me convinced!
I Love ATS!!!
What is the chance of Berg having the same color paint behind him and a resin chair, just like the ones in Lyndie's photos??

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
So these sick bastard MPs at Abu Ghraib have the whole world looking at them and what better way to divert attention away from the prisoner abuse issue than for Al-Qaeda to behead an American citizen?

I reckon that they would have been aware that the whole world would have been watching them after the first abuse allegations came out and wouldn't dare take the risk of executing an American citizen.

It is possible that they may have faked an execution though. The forgery may also have been made as a joke, therefore explaining why it was so shoddy.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
I reckon that they would have been aware that the whole world would have been watching them after the first abuse allegations came out and wouldn't dare take the risk of executing an American citizen.

Excuse me, did you just insinuate that I should assume that the sick bastards who were stupid enough to take pictures of prisoner abuse that is against international law (with theirselves in the pics no less) have some type of intelligence quotient? That they have some kind of deductive reasoning past the first available cover-their-ass idea?

Sell it some where else, I'm not buying.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The clip I worked with was sent to Skepticaloverlord last night. I forgot to mention, he has my permission (if that is really needed) to post it here. If you burn it to a cd and play it through a conventional stereo and get it away from a computer, you will find there is no English Language in it - None! There is one phrase, that is not only English but universally used - that being 'huh?'. The reason people here the stated English words is, they where told to hear it. I have taken my sound bite to atleast 20 people and sked them what they hear. The people listening that heard it - %100 of them, thought they ,ight of heard 'huh?' and no one heard anything else but 'jeberish'. Of course, I didn't lead them by telling them what they should hear, I simply asked what they did hear.

Vance

Vance

d1k

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
music playing in background: Metalica: Fade to Black

Originally posted by d1k

The video I posted is the original video that was on various but not so common websites a day after it hit the news, posted well before any of this hoax talk. Granted its not the original but its as close as we are going to get.

could you like post the video again. The one I have doesn't actually show the beheading. Their in position, then it's more like a long pause(the video freezes) with screaming, and then the video resumes with them holding the head in one hand.

no freezing on my end. i have checked my source and reuploaded it to the web space and doubled checked that as well by downloading it and viewing it. everythings AOK here.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Excuse me, did you just insinuate that I should assume that the sick bastards who were stupid enough to take pictures of prisoner abuse that is against international law (with theirselves in the pics no less) have some type of intelligence quotient? That they have some kind of deductive reasoning past the first available cover-their-ass idea?

That was the absolute best response to that..

that sums it all up right there...they take pictures of themselves(with thumbs up too..) doing things that brought shame upon us all...and you dont think its possible they messed up again...

From the evidence of the paint and chairs ect it was probably the same guards that were taking phtos of themselves with inmates,and turned around and killed berg...or at least were the idiots taping it..They obviously wouldnt have a problem killing someone judging from the treatment of the inmates..

What she said pretty much ends the view that "they wouldnt be dumb enough to mess up that bad"

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by McGotti]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by vance The clip I worked with was sent to Skepticaloverlord last night.
Actually, vance, sorry old chap, but your noise gate was set to an attack threshold that was too long, and some of the low-voices were clipped as a result. I sent you a link to a high-resolution version of the modified audio track I posted. The trouble with compressed audio is the same as it is with compressed images (JPEGs), the heavier the compression, the more artifacts can appear. In this case, the compression is heavy and the audio artifacts give the voices a mechanical sound. There are a few ways to improve the audio, but we're still working with garbage until we get the original multi-track session they used (Premier, FinalCut, etc.)... which we can be certain will never happen. One of the most reliable methods to improve such an audio file is to apply an "extend" filter which slightly extends the audio peaks in a given range. This is similar to blurring only certain color ranges in a picture. This does wonders to improve the voices.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti

That was the absolute best response to that..

that sums it all up right there...they take pictures of themselves(with thumbs up too..) doing things that brought shame upon us all...and you dont think its possible they messed up again...

From the evidence of the paint and chairs ect it was probably the same guards that were taking phtos of themselves with inmates,and turned around and killed berg...or at least were the idiots taping it..They obviously wouldnt have a problem killing someone judging from the treatment of the inmates..

What she said pretty much ends the view that "they wouldnt be dumb enough to mess up that bad

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by McGotti]

Thats right Mcgotti ......and wouldnt the CIA just have enough incentive to tell those soldiers to do something like this with all there evidence of nicks father being linked to anti-war protests and nick giving his email address away and it ending up in the hands of terrorists...
I can hear those spooks now " Take the head off this one hes no better than the terrorists,his dad tried to sue Rummy .....his email is used by terrorists and his dad is protesting the war.!!!!

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Vance, thanks for the explanation. Although what I'm really hoping to find is some way to compare the visual representation of someone saying the alleged phrases, in a controlled setting, to the visual representation of the audio from the beheading tape. Now I'm pretty sure that this can be done in some of the readily available audio software packages, but I would think that there should be something a bit more professional. As before, if anyone knows of a way to do this, please let me know. I'll be glad to follow up and see if I can't find someone who'd be willing to take a crack at it.

WOTS and McGotti,
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think there's a difference between the average intelligence of regular army MPs and the average intelligence of professional CIA operators. One comment, even by the highly respected Valhall, does not render the debate on that subject as closed.

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by Cypher]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Well... I'm almost sorry I did this... but some things are more clearly heard now. I discovered some saved filter-routines for the Mac OSX Audio Application, Sound Studio, designed to help improve the quality of upsampled audio files that have been previously compressed. Some aspects of the audio are a bit more clear now...

All i can say is Thank You Valhall, for your hard work and un-canny
ability to 'smell a rat' plus bloody good hearing! And to SkepticO', for
the enhanced mp3. "How wicked was dat'" and "How we gunn...",
are clear (how wick' has a low voice, poss' Caribbean type accent)
I run panther, and iTunes + h/phones, it's very clear.
Val', Kudos. Sanc'.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Conspiracies, conspiracies, conspiracies! Who knows what they're saying in that video. With the technology available to just about everyone nowadays, it could be anything and could have been added there at any time. The only way to actually confirm it would be to listen to the "ORIGINAL" tape!! And I don't think that's going to be easy to find.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Listening to the original would be the only way to know for sure, however I believe the phrases in question are english phrases.

As the old saying goes, If it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, and feels like a duck, it must be a duck...

And this video has more holes than a block of swiss cheese.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
A question for Valhall: was it you personally that examined the tape? If nothing else, I gotta hand it to you for that...I never could have done it.

FoxNews is reporting that there are two persons being detained for questioning about this. Four were originally arrested, two have been released.

And of course, the fifth one, the one that was never in custody, was - guess who? You got it. Zarqawi.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It's amazing to see some peple going mad, but this goes too far... Next time guys, all the Arabs need is to say some words in English and all ATS will say "O my god, I'm shocked, It was a CIA". Or even better give me a video file and some cheap comercial editing sofware and you will see and hear everythig you want including Elvis Presley singing in the background. Lets thik if it was the CIA, not only they would speak no single word in English (and certainly nothing so stupid like how wicked was that), but before release they will hear it again and again to erase or cut off such statements. Do you know witch audio analysis software they use? Yes they can make mistakes but not so trivial.

And to all the people who say how immoral, ilegal etc. CIA is... Remember Aldrich Ames? They couldn't proof anything to this guy because THE JUDGE HAS NOT ALLOWED THEM TO SEE INFO ABOUT HIS BANK ACCOUNT in US. So allmighty killing, bad and immoral agency cannot obtain a simple bank account info - and you are saying they arranged 9/11 and are killing Americans for public?

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by longbow]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
jsobecky,

Yeah, Zarqawi the bionic-legged man. Oh, and did you see in the MSNBC article that coincidently the "tipster" on this raid that netted the evil beheading terrorists was shot by "unidentified gunmen" the next day...yeah, that's because he never existed.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Starlight_Rebel

Good point about the quality of this thread.
Whether I hear the voices or not, the discussion
is outstanding. Including the work done by some of
the people here. Analyzing the audio.

Cypher,

Yep records, the round black things, hole in the middle, long groove on each side. My first post in this thread mentioned Judas Priest the band.
Remember the trial in Nevada, regarding backwords masking, and the Suicide of 2 teenagers? The Jury didn't buy it. Mainly because the
Audio that "told" these guys to kill themselves was interpreted in so many varying ways.

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Yeah, Zarqawi the bionic-legged man.

Which joint is artificial? My wife has an artificial hip and she can not do deep knee bends without grimacing and yelling in pain. Now, maybe the best bionics money can buy allow such flexion but the typical ones do not (based on my experiences, or rather, the wife's).

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
i heard the words too on the audio that is download from this thread but I never heard them on the original one that was posted on the web and I've listened to it over and over again.

Also the link to the page where they break down the video fram by frame and claim they see a cap, ear and head of an american soldier... To me that looks like the right hand thumb of someone who is holding a camera.... I can't see it well enough to tell but it doesn't appear to be a head or cap...

Also where are pictures from the prison that show a dark colored floor ? Every picture I have seen the floors are light in color ... the room where the beheading took place the floor look almost burgandy colored.... anyone know if there are floors that color in the prison ?

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by Chevy]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevy
i heard the words too on the audio that is download from this thread but I never heard them on the original one that was posted on the web and I've listened to it over and over again.

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by Chevy]

This is because it happens at an earlier time in the video on the original video. If you are trying to hear it at the point the head is held in front of the camera, you're at least 5 to 6 seconds to late...you'll have to move back in the video. Then i suggest you closer your eyes, because your vision will screw with your hearing due to the mismatch.

[Edited on 5-21-2004 by Valhall]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I've been following this story since the day the video was released and feel nothing about it makes any sense.Unless they're sampling thier own mind altering drugs I can't see any agency doing it.All thru the video the "terrorists" go to great lengths to ensure that they are completely hidden behind they're clothing especially the one on the right who appears to be adjusting glasses right at the start.Have been going over the photos I can find that show the prison guards to find any wearing glasses with no luck and because of the green gloves cannot find any wearing rings. The obvious editing has me wondering why.Seems to give enough to cause skepticism but not enough to prove it.I think if it was "terrorists" they would be hideing nothing.Are not most of the videos released to Al-Jazerra?This one was uplinked in London on a site that then disappearred.Photos released in Britain end up being fake.Could all of this, video and photos be the troops themselves trying to force the hand that has them bogged down in this mess to pull them out?
Now back to the topic at hand. Valhall am quite immpressed with your work here and wish to reccommend you for the Ats medal of due diligence.I've been working on the audio myself using cooleditpro starting with extracting the audio from the initial (won't say original) release.Took the last part and cleaned it up best I could then rounded up people around me who had not seen the video nor did they know what they were listening to.Have musicians with good ears .young and old listen and write down what they heard and could only come up with the "huh" and at the very end "how was that......"Think I'll run it thru some old analog gear I have, graphic eq and dbx compander and see what happens.Probably won't do anything but worth a try and running out of ideas.If anthing I guess I'm getting good experience with the software Have nothing any better than clips already posted here so won't bother unless I come up with a definate improvement.Someone give these guys some better equipment and a better director.
One other thing.Does anyone know is it possible to clean up the video in any way to get more detail or is wysiwyg?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join