It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Good site for follow up:

mignews.com.ua...

From that site:

Local residents fear swine flu mows down them. Doctors reassure: laboratory studies at the local level do not confirm that it is swine flu. "We will be able to confirm the type of influenza in 1,5 week, when research results will be received from London", - says Bohdan Onyskiv, the head of the regional health administration department. One reason for large-scale disease might be sudden cold snap, when a week ago Halychyna was covered with snow and frost. According to another version, wage earners, who brought the virus from abroad, are guilty of it.

The doctors do not rule out that the death of residents occurred precisely because of influenza. But only virology examination may confirm information about it. It will be made in Kyiv within 7-14 days. But the head of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Health protection Tatiana Bakhteyeva said that the Ukrainian examination is not a guarantee: "Our labs have a weak foundation for such research and nobody can guarantee the results will be correct."

Experts say that officials of the Ministry of Health can keep silent about the situation in order not to sow panic. "We can not rule out that people could die from swine flu”, says Professor of Immunology Fedor Lapy. According to him, 7 deaths in the region for a week is too much.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Luppakorva]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Do you understand that there is people in this here thread that are having their way with you!

That is to not undermine the severity of this development.

Keep strong and persevere, but be vigilant, my long lost friends.

And,

Prepare.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
was hoping to see more news when I woke up this morning, but doesn't seem like it. I think they'll try to spoon-feed the swine flu story as long as they can... or this thing dissapears and we never know what it was.

The New York Times has an article today, but only repeating the official statements, so have other smaller papers
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
was hoping to see more news when I woke up this morning, but doesn't seem like it. I think they'll try to spoon-feed the swine flu story as long as they can... or this thing dissapears and we never know what it was.

The New York Times has an article today, but only repeating the official statements, so have other smaller papers
www.nytimes.com...

Good morning, and try to have a pleasant day.

It's not going to disappear. I hope I'm wrong!

I haven't posted here in what I think is over two years.

but, you guys are on to something.

There is a definite disconnect between what you have and the MSM has.

That is What is out-most disheartening.

I have confidence in your/our capability.

Something smells of fish and the post to connect the dots would be far to long for me to articulate at this time and moment.

I have an email sitting in my drafts now as we/I speak. Contemplating weather or not to delude my friends of their reality.

Regarding the lay-out of this sham. Real or not, and I 'believe' (a word i dont like much) is "real."

Something wicked this way comesm

So, my fellow compatriots.

This is what we have worked for....

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I think this one will die away. I have been asking around from alots of Russian / Ukranian speaking friends today to read the forums and tell me if they see anything alarming.

IF H1N1 reports are alarming, then yes. But nothing from plague or huge amounts of deaths. Nothing like that at all. And that's what I find to be good thing personally since ...if things would be that bad as this thread suggests it would be like a war zone, reports like that would be coming out from the doors and windows nowadays. I think you just can't hide it anymore nowadays. No way.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luppakorva
reply to post by GypsK

I think this one will die away. I have been asking around from alots of Russian / Ukranian speaking friends today to read the forums and tell me if they see anything alarming.

IF H1N1 reports are alarming, then yes. But nothing from plague or huge amounts of deaths. Nothing like that at all. And that's what I find to be good thing personally since ...if things would be that bad as this thread suggests it would be like a war zone, reports like that would be coming out from the doors and windows nowadays. I think you just can't hide it anymore nowadays. No way.

That is by far the best post on this thread!

And I am the first to be guilty.

Meaning that, We/I have been enthralled with the news briefs.

WE CAN'T REALY ON THE MSM ANYMORE!

Makes me ill really...

This is what we have.

I'm going to say something that NONE of us what to hear.

"They" WILL turn this off when the, how do you say, the SHTF.

:[

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I don't want to sidetrack this thread but

I can't help thinking about the very first reports we got about the first Mexican outbreak of A/H1N1. Numbers where mentioned of 600 deaths at first, when later those numbers went down to 7 death and slowly ran up over the next days.

It was the same thing,
1. an unknown virus
2. mass panic (individual reports and media hyped)
3. large numbers of infections and deaths mentioned
4. limiting peoples freedom by quarentines, etc (political move?)
5. identification of the virus (by officials and media)
6. shrinking down the numbers by the media

Maybe I haven't kept up as good as I should, but I still wonder about those first numbers we received back then? Where they real or exagerated? And is it the same thing right now with the Ukraine outbreak?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

reply to post by GypsK

You sit on here posting "this isn't happening, guys, this isn't happening guys, I have friends who don't live there but they say its not happening, and some other people that haven't seen dead people so it's not happening"...

Or you could admit that just like anybody else, you don't really know anything, and have some respect for the people who have DIED the last few days. This seems to be more about your ego and "hey I'm right, guys! I told you the Falcon thing was a hoax".

And for everybody else, I made some youtube vids, not about my ego, but to try to help educate the masses. It's a quick overview and some links at the least.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

If I'm correct, they haven't gone down. But they are not talking about UNKNOWN disease anymore as it was in the OP's first one in this thread. They are talking about H1N1 / A-Influenza. Why unknown, because they do not know it for certain.

I have not seen anything which proofs that 3000 dead which someone claimed.

So what do we have?

OP's words from mass panic, aerosole spraying from aeroplanes (which I personally can't understand how you're able to see it really), another from ground zero claiming they were spraying something from cars earlier this week.. Then we have OP saying people taken to hospitals in masses in Lviv and his teachers panicking (med school) earlier this week, some friends of his given antibiotics which would suggest they have no idea what to do, or they know exactly what they are doing and it's bacterial, not viral.

From the information what I have been able to gather, I think there is no mass panic, hospitals are full in some places though but they are NOT big hospitals. It's more like countryside with few doctors who are used to threat broken bones or such and who are not prepared to that they have to take in quite a few cases who they have no idea how to treat. Of course that makes people to write that "hospitals are full!!" ..but are they really.

By no means I'm not trying to put this down and say "move on people there's nothing to see" But these are SERIOUS claims and I really want some facts to back them up.

C'moon people let's sum it up
What else do we have?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

I'm trying to provide facts, to see what's going on for real. Not to debunk anything. Sorry if you feel it that way and I'm breaking up your dream from pandemia which is to wipe out one hundred million people.

Don't take my word for it, but gather what you have and decide yourself. Like I have said in my posts: Don't shoot the messenger. And for the rest, I'm entitled to my opinion, right?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

That's right, we don't know anything and that's the problem.
I would think that if something big was going on, which I don't know for sure, there would be much more reports coming directly out of the area. So far we have two people who live on 'ground zero', of which one is obviously in a state or panic, at least yesterday he was, then reported that airports where closed, which suggest something extreme... a few hours later it was comfirmed that the airports are not at all closed. Not that I don't appreciate the information that came to us that way, I highly appreciate that as I said a couple of times already.
I'm sure people have died, I'm not sure about how many and about the cause.

But chances are that this thing dies... which means nothing more then that it will die in the media, official statements will stop and the information flow will stop. No one here meant to say that it didn't happen.

This thing is important to me because it hits very close to my home, that's why I need facts and nothing else.

[edit on 1/11/2009 by GypsK]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I'm trying to provide facts, to see what's going on for real. Not to debunk anything. Sorry if you feel it that way and I'm breaking up your dream from pandemia which is to wipe out one hundred million people.

Don't take my word for it, but gather what you have and decide yourself. Like I have said in my posts: Don't shoot the messenger. And for the rest, I'm entitled to my opinion, right?

If you are trying to provide facts, then you should do so. All you have provided is unsubstantiated hearsy, but you say it LOUDER and more often than everybody else, and put stupid smiley faces with it to make you look like a real douche nozzle when the fact is that REAL people are scared that they are going to die (people that actually live in this Ukraine.. maybe not smug people with friends that live close to Ukraine..), and there have been MANY substanted reports that many people have died (atleast 87) from a MYSTERY virus that leads to bacterial infection and it is definitely NOT A(H1N1) or Anthrax. These things have been confirmed. Check here:
translate.google.com...

[edit on 1-11-2009 by seattletruth]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
I don't want to sidetrack this thread but

I can't help thinking about the very first reports we got about the first Mexican outbreak of A/H1N1. Numbers where mentioned of 600 deaths at first, when later those numbers went down to 7 death and slowly ran up over the next days.

It was the same thing,
1. an unknown virus
2. mass panic (individual reports and media hyped)
3. large numbers of infections and deaths mentioned
4. limiting peoples freedom by quarentines, etc (political move?)
5. identification of the virus (by officials and media)
6. shrinking down the numbers by the media

Maybe I haven't kept up as good as I should, but I still wonder about those first numbers we received back then? Where they real or exagerated? And is it the same thing right now with the Ukraine outbreak?

First off, you are not derailing this thread.

2nd, yes there is patern.

3rd, Therein lies the question.

What I'm doing?

Centering and preparing.

I need to amend...

You CANNOT prepare.

Hello!

We have no clue nor will we ever.

Use your skills, listen to what your sources are telling you.

"You cannot prepare." What do I mean by that?

You can only brace. What is going to happen will happen.

Now I'm derailing the thread.

Geez

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

So discussing things in a friendly manner is wrong, smileys are wrong, friendly attitude is wrong? It's not army mate you can smile even when you're speaking about serious issues. At ease buddy.

And if you do feel that information what has been written in forums and I post here is wrong, awkward and I shouldn't send it. Let me know where do we get information at this very moment then? If everything is suggesting NOTHING that serious is going on. Should I make thatkind of up for you to make you happy? No thanks.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Luppakorva]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Ok, let's not de-rail this thread by pointless fingerpointing at each other

If you have information, post it
and stop being rude

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Take a look at this:

INFLUENZA PANDEMIC (H1N1) 2009 (80): UKRAINE, SUSPECTED, REQUEST FOR
INFORMATION
A ProMED-mail post

ProMED-mail is a program of the
International Society for Infectious Diseases

Date: Fri 30 Oct 2009
Source: Digital Journal [edited]

40 000 contract serious virus in Ukraine, 30 dead ------------------------------------------------- As the world enters the [influenza] season, another possible virus emerges as 30 people in the Eastern European country of Ukraine have died from this latest flu [virus infection].

Each country is dealing with their own cases of the pandemic (H1N1) 2009 virus infection and many have even [under]taken vaccination, but is H1N1 the only flu out there?

A viral infection in Ukraine has taken the lives of 30 people and at 1st it seemed like an ordinary flu but after a week the symptoms worsened.

Radio Netherlands Worldwide reports 40 000 Ukrainians have contracted the disease and at least 100 are in the hospital. Tests are currently being conducted and all that is known is that it is not the pandemic (H1N1) 2009 strain of influenza virus

link:www.promedmail.org...:1001:8456651610187222::NO::F2400_P1001_BACK_PAGE,F2400_P1001_PUB_MAIL_ID:1000,79885

link:www.flutrackers.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
They have raised.

We called.

And they have the winning hand.

I'm out. I am forever grateful of your courage.

xoxo

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Luppakorva

It is not only "OP's words from mass panic" - yesterday there were news in Polish MSM talking about panic in Ukraine.

Today we have news that Ukrainian President asked Polish president for help.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JacekPL

Thank you for the info, what kind of help he was asking for?

Was it just for H1N1, checking the borders, or.. ?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Last transmission.

Go bye your stuff tomorrow!

photo.unian.net...

[No alarmist threat intended.]

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join